Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

NFL All Pro Team

5 posters

Go down

NFL All Pro Team  Empty NFL All Pro Team

Post  MaddMatter January 6th 2012, 3:22 pm

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

NFL All Pro Team  Empty Re: NFL All Pro Team

Post  KWicK78 January 6th 2012, 3:30 pm

I like seeing all the Niners. I really like seeing both of our ILBs top the list.
KWicK78
KWicK78

Street Cred : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray January 6th 2012, 4:28 pm

Glad to see Geno Atkins getting some consideration
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  tripleaamin January 6th 2012, 6:38 pm

it is great to see JPP making the first team and Cruz making the 2nd team.
But whoever was the 2 that voted for Snee I think are definetly New York homers cause Snee has been average this year, but has been playing better.
tripleaamin
tripleaamin

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden January 6th 2012, 7:34 pm

Im a bit surprised about the point margin between McCoy & MJD. Personally I'll take touchdowns over yards.
MJD played in 16 games put up great numbers, 1,606 on 343 carries and 11 total touchdowns.
McCoy played in 15 games 1,309 yards on 273 carries & 20 total touchdowns.

Im not saying McCoy should have gotten more votes then MJD but I will say that I think the margin of votes should be much smaller than it was.
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter January 6th 2012, 8:53 pm

Thadden wrote:Im a bit surprised about the point margin between McCoy & MJD. Personally I'll take touchdowns over yards.
MJD played in 16 games put up great numbers, 1,606 on 343 carries and 11 total touchdowns.

Im not saying McCoy should have gotten more votes then MJD but I will say that I think the margin of votes should be much smaller than it was.

Thadden, your Eagles Biasness is showing.

Name ANYONE that is DECENT on the Jags offense besides MJD? You have Vick, Maclin, Jackson AND Peters. Let's face it, it's not like opposing defenses said "All we have to do is stop McCoy to win."

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden January 6th 2012, 9:34 pm

MaddMatt wrote:
Thadden wrote:Im a bit surprised about the point margin between McCoy & MJD. Personally I'll take touchdowns over yards.

Name ANYONE that is DECENT on the Jags offense besides MJD? You have Vick, Maclin, Jackson AND Peters. Let's face it, it's not like opposing defenses said "All we have to do is stop McCoy to win."
Well let's see everyone's performance this year, Maclin had 63 catches, 859 yards and 5 tds. Jackson had 58 catches for 961 yards and 4 tds. Those performance are hardly up to Jackson's or even Maclin's standards for that matter.

Vick had a completion percentage of 59.8%, 19 total touchdowns, 14 interceptions. I believe he had 4 fumbles, I cant find fumble stats. He passed for 3,303 yards, but come on, 3,000 yards are pedestrian numbers at this time in the NFL. Vick was a turnover machine this year.

Now I cant bash Peters, for the first time in Philly, he's finally started playing the way we expected. Well to be honest he's played amazing.

Now on the jags Mercedes Lewis is decent but thats about it
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  tripleaamin January 6th 2012, 9:43 pm

Thadden wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:

Well let's see everyone's performance this year, Maclin had 63 catches, 859 yards and 5 tds. Jackson had 58 catches for 961 yards and 4 tds. Those performance are hardly up to Jackson's or even Maclin's standards for that matter.

Vick had a completion percentage of 59.8%, 19 total touchdowns, 14 interceptions. I believe he had 4 fumbles, I cant find fumble stats. He passed for 3,303 yards, but come on, 3,000 yards are pedestrian numbers at this time in the NFL. Vick was a turnover machine this year.

Now I cant bash Peters, for the first time in Philly, he's finally started playing the way we expected. Well to be honest he's played amazing.

Lewis was god awful last year
tripleaamin
tripleaamin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden January 6th 2012, 9:48 pm

tripleaamin wrote:
Thadden wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:

Lewis was god awful last year
I know but he has the ability to be decent.

The Eagles players I listed all have tremendous ability, which is why I posted their dissapointing stats. But there is no denying they have great ability

Even still, I dont understand how my answer was so biased. Any time a fan talks about his team he's going to be a bit biased but I admitted that MJD had a better year and deserved to be first in the RB voting. I just feel that McCoy's season was good enough that instead of getting 11 less votes, I think he should have had 6 or 7 less votes. I think thats fair and not overly biased
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter January 6th 2012, 9:53 pm

Thadden are you really comparing the Philadelphia Iggles to the Jacksonville Jaguars? Listen to how stupid that sounds.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  tripleaamin January 6th 2012, 10:01 pm

Vick >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gabbert the Bust
tripleaamin
tripleaamin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden January 6th 2012, 10:08 pm

Im not compring them, to realistically compare, I'd have to do matchup between positions. However, that would be pointless, the Eagles would win in nearly every offensive category. I am merely pointing out that the Eagles players did not play up to there standards in the touchdown department (or really any other for that matter).

I just think touchdowns are more important to yards.

This is the way I look at it:
Wins are more important than any individual stats,
For skill position players touchdowns are more important than yards,
For total defenses least amount of points allowed are better than least yards allowed.

So overall, I think that my point isnt that insane. Im not saying that Colt McCoy is better than Tom Brady or something. I am merely saying that although MJD's season was better, I think McCoy's season was good as well and deserves a bit more respect than an 11 vote differential, but hey if thats insane, then so be it.
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  tripleaamin January 7th 2012, 9:28 am

well Tebow is 3rd team all pro
tripleaamin
tripleaamin

Back to top Go down