Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

LA Noire to use 3 DVDs for 360

+3
MaddMatter
AliForeman74
tubbs51
7 posters

Go down

LA Noire to use 3 DVDs for 360 Empty LA Noire to use 3 DVDs for 360

Post  tubbs51 May 5th 2011, 11:26 pm

http://www.1up.com/news/la-noire-spans-three-dvds-xbox-36

HOLY CRAP... 3 disks Shocked and a full bluray disc on PS3? DAMN!

Cant wait for the game. Supposedly they had to scan the face and head and motions of 400+ actors and actresses and had to take 180,000 digital pictures of items to put into the game Shocked

thats a shit ton of content in a Single player only game. Cant wait, its gonna be AWESOME.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

LA Noire to use 3 DVDs for 360 Empty Re: LA Noire to use 3 DVDs for 360

Post  AliForeman74 May 6th 2011, 7:35 am

WOWOw

Rockstar's behind this, it should be good
AliForeman74
AliForeman74

Street Cred : 13

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 6th 2011, 10:08 am

Guys you gotta tell me about this game, I'm not much into the "video game world" lol, pretty much all I've heard is that this game is from Rockstar. Whats this game about?

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  RJAfan6 May 6th 2011, 1:40 pm

the trailer on tv definitely caught my eye
RJAfan6
RJAfan6

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  George_the_Kat May 6th 2011, 5:47 pm

MaddMatt wrote: Whats this game about?
From what i've seen you are a detective in the 1940's right after WWII solving murder mysteries. Hopefully this is the next game I get, it looks amazing.
George_the_Kat
George_the_Kat

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 May 6th 2011, 6:50 pm

George_the_Kat wrote:
From what i've seen you are a detective in the 1940's right after WWII solving murder mysteries. Hopefully this is the next game I get, it looks amazing.

It looks interesting but it looks like a lot of thinking and very confusing with all this, solving crimes. I like GTA 4 where you basicly just have to do missions, and not have to memorize information and what not. Video games are supposed to be fun, not work.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 May 6th 2011, 8:43 pm

MaddMatt wrote:Guys you gotta tell me about this game, I'm not much into the "video game world" lol, pretty much all I've heard is that this game is from Rockstar. Whats this game about?

Have you seen the movie LA Confidential? If so its similar to that.

A war hero comes back to LA and gets a job as a beat cop in an LA filled with corrupt officers and detectives. The Mayor (i think or police chief idk) want to clean up the LAPD's image and Cole Phelps is one of the few clean cops. And with that they want him to succeed and to become the face of the new LAPD. So in the game you rise from Beat cop to Arson Investigator to Vice Detective to Murder detective. and along each stop you get a partner and a series of cases to solve.

The reason the game is as big as it is is because of the way Team Bondi is developing it. Instead of animators creating character models based on the actors face they created new technology to read and store the actors facial movements to the T. So when you see Cole Phelps yelling, thats the actor yelling.

LA Noire has what no other game at the moment has. Realistic police action with great facial animation that truly revolutionary and the ability to investigate to the best of YOUR abilities not the character's.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 May 6th 2011, 8:45 pm

Soarindude02 wrote:
George_the_Kat wrote:

It looks interesting but it looks like a lot of thinking and very confusing with all this, solving crimes. I like GTA 4 where you basicly just have to do missions, and not have to memorize information and what not. Video games are supposed to be fun, not work.

Thats the thing. It has i believe three difficulty levels. The hardest gives you no help and its you on your own. Middle gives you some help. and the lowest gives you alot of help.

Plus its the first game that lets you skip actual gameplay in between cutscenes (you have to fail a couple times first).
tubbs51
tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 May 6th 2011, 8:53 pm

tubbs51 wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:Guys you gotta tell me about this game, I'm not much into the "video game world" lol, pretty much all I've heard is that this game is from Rockstar. Whats this game about?

Have you seen the movie LA Confidential? If so its similar to that.

A war hero comes back to LA and gets a job as a beat cop in an LA filled with corrupt officers and detectives. The Mayor (i think or police chief idk) want to clean up the LAPD's image and Cole Phelps is one of the few clean cops. And with that they want him to succeed and to become the face of the new LAPD. So in the game you rise from Beat cop to Arson Investigator to Vice Detective to Murder detective. and along each stop you get a partner and a series of cases to solve.

The reason the game is as big as it is is because of the way Team Bondi is developing it. Instead of animators creating character models based on the actors face they created new technology to read and store the actors facial movements to the T. So when you see Cole Phelps yelling, thats the actor yelling.

LA Noire has what no other game at the moment has. Realistic police action with great facial animation that truly revolutionary and the ability to investigate to the best of YOUR abilities not the character's.

I never really looked at this game before cause at first glance it didnt look like my type of game, but after watching that second video, this game looks really really good. It might be a future pick up for me. Maybe not release date pick up, but sometime in the future.

Is there a co-op mode? or is it strickly single player?
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 May 7th 2011, 2:16 am

@Balt: its strictly single player cause the team wanted to devote their attention to a great story driven product instead of a meager single and multiplayer product.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 May 7th 2011, 9:14 am

tubbs51 wrote:@Balt: its strictly single player cause the team wanted to devote their attention to a great story driven product instead of a meager single and multiplayer product.

Thats good, I enjoy single player games a little more than multiplayer. Good to know there are still developers who know the key to a good game is its storyline/campain
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down