Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

You are now the Top Dog for Madden 12!

+3
Mutant
CaptRCG2
Soarindude02
7 posters

Go down

You are now the Top Dog for Madden 12! Empty You are now the Top Dog for Madden 12!

Post  Soarindude02 May 7th 2011, 1:29 pm

First of all, Lets pretend that all of the new features announced have not yet been announced, and you are coming right off of the day Cummings was fired.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Congratulations, you have been chosen to be the Top Dog for Madden 12 this year. It is your job in this small of time to fix the Madden Franchise. How will you do it? Will you change Release dates, hire/fire people, new features, new Engines, etc?

Introduction:
At first, I would simply fire Donny Moore and do something similar to what a lot of Sport video games are doing and use Living Rosters. That way the're very little problems with the Rosters. I would push back the release date to Sep.1 to allow for more tuning up. I would get rid of Super Star mode, and would turn Madden into a two disk game. One for offline gaming (Play now, Franchise) and one for Online (Single Matches, Online Franchise) That way space will not be a concern.

New Physics:
Physics will be a huge for Madden over the years. I would tune up the Current Engine in Madden 11 for right now, but I have a team of smart nerds working on building a Eutheria 2.0 type engine for Madden 13. That way there will be time to for us to perfect this amazing engine.

Off. Franchise:
Offline Franchise will be my main goal as the top dog for the Madden series. Franchise mode will be completely changed into a more realistic and time consuming mode. The way Madden 12 and beyond Franchise mode will work will be similar to NFL head Coach, but with minor changes. You start of choosing what you look like, what your strengths as a coach are, and your personality. After that, depending on your Coaching skills, you will choose what team you want to sign with (You wont be able to choose between the 32 teams, only Teams interested in a Oc, Dc.) and then start of coaching. Your job is to control that one side of the ball, and make them look good. You will be able to "suggest" Free Agents, Change play book (Sometimes), and build up that side of the ball. If you are a offensive Coordinator, the Defense in game will be simmed, much like in NCAA football 11 Be a Pro.
Over time, you might finally get a job offering to be a Head Coach You will be given limits, goals, etc. Goals will be things the Owner wants you to fifill, Limits is what you are allowed to do and what can only be suggested. (Free Agent Signings, Relocation, New Stadium, new uniforms, etc)

Online: Online Franchise and Online gaming will not be a major factor, since we have been working on that side often in the last couple Maddens.

Creation Central:
Create a Team will now be based in Teambuilder online. There will be several things adjusted for the Madden Teambuilder, but most things will be the same. With creating a team, you can use the Team you created in Teambuilder to "Replace" a team currently in Madden. The Teambuilder team will get the roster from the team you are replacing. You can also use the Teams you created in Teambuilder to be uploaded for Relocation in Franchise mode.

Create a player will not be changed

Create a Playbook will also be online, and will be in a very similar format to NCAA 12.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bugs: Bugs were a major problem last year and have been ruining the Online experience. The online experience is major for plenty of gamers and with all the Bugs allowing for big plays have been truly ruining the Madden experience! So, Bugs for past Maddens will be looked into and will hopefully be solved.

Difficulty: Difficulty levels will be changed. We will be using Feedback from Madden 11 gamers that know consistent Difficulty Sliders that will be the best for each skill level.

Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

You are now the Top Dog for Madden 12! Empty Re: You are now the Top Dog for Madden 12!

Post  CaptRCG2 May 7th 2011, 2:54 pm

Introduction:
At first, I would simply fire Donny Moore

Sorry, but I couldn't continue to read after this. I was too overwhelmed with tears of joy! Sad
CaptRCG2
CaptRCG2

Street Cred : 86

Back to top Go down

You are now the Top Dog for Madden 12! Empty Re: You are now the Top Dog for Madden 12!

Post  Mutant May 7th 2011, 4:29 pm

Biggest thing I'd do is sort out Offline Franchise.

Anyone played NHL's GM Mode or even NBA 2K's Association Mode? That's what Madden Franchise should be like.

You should feel like you're in control of a real NFL Franchise. On Draft Day you should actually have teams wheeling and dealing trading up and down. If you have the 5th pick, teams should contact you with offers to trade down.

Talking of Draft Day, they should also include the 2012 and 2013 draft classes. I don't want to see generic players who change with every new franchise started. I want to see guys like Luck and Pryor. I know you can import Draft Classes from NCAA but I've heard that a player who's 99 overall in NCAA turns out to be something like 47 overall in Madden. Plus, what if you don't want or can't get NCAA 12?

Also get rid of the stupid generic faces. If there's no picture of that player avaliable, leave it blank OK?

As for the actual Mode, real life choices should be included. Every team seems to get a big ass roster of around 80 players during the off-season and then they have to cut guys from the team to make 53. Training Camp's could also be included.

Superstar mode is another I'd change. In it's current shape, it's crap. A waste of disk space. It's also unrealistic. You're a 62 ovr RB drafted y the Titans and you instantly replace CJ as the #1 back? Yeah, right. That would really happen [sarcasm]. You should have to earn your place on the roster by doing well in Training Camp and the pre-season.

I'd also fire the ratings guy. He's a complete moron. Competely ignores "stand out" rating increases and instead decides to increase/decrease the wrong guys. Some don't even get a ratings boost when they should.

I don't play online franchises cause I stink at Madden (ask AT).
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  MyDirtyDangles May 7th 2011, 4:50 pm

Soarindude02 wrote:

Off. Franchise:
Offline Franchise will be my main goal as the top dog for the Madden series. Franchise mode will be completely changed into a more realistic and time consuming mode. The way Madden 12 and beyond Franchise mode will work will be similar to NFL head Coach, but with minor changes. You start of choosing what you look like, what your strengths as a coach are, and your personality. After that, depending on your Coaching skills, you will choose what team you want to sign with (You wont be able to choose between the 32 teams, only Teams interested in a Oc, Dc.) and then start of coaching. Your job is to control that one side of the ball, and make them look good. You will be able to "suggest" Free Agents, Change play book (Sometimes), and build up that side of the ball. If you are a offensive Coordinator, the Defense in game will be simmed, much like in NCAA football 11 Be a Pro.
Over time, you might finally get a job offering to be a Head Coach You will be given limits, goals, etc. Goals will be things the Owner wants you to fifill, Limits is what you are allowed to do and what can only be suggested. (Free Agent Signings, Relocation, New Stadium, new uniforms, etc)

no.

MyDirtyDangles
MyDirtyDangles

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant May 7th 2011, 4:58 pm

MyDirtyDangles wrote:
Soarindude02 wrote:

Off. Franchise:

no.

Nothing wrong with that idea tbh. It can be called "Coach Mode" or something similar but you'd actually take control of games so that it isn't too boring.
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 7th 2011, 5:09 pm

MUTANT! wrote:
MyDirtyDangles wrote:
Soarindude02 wrote:

Off. Franchise:

no.

Nothing wrong with that idea tbh. It can be called "Coach Mode" or something similar but you'd actually take control of games so that it isn't too boring.

Then create a game/mode in Madden that's calleed Coach Mode, don't change offline franchise into something entirely different than what it is now.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 8th 2011, 2:11 am

CaptRCG2 wrote:Introduction:
At first, I would simply fire Donny Moore

Sorry, but I couldn't continue to read after this. I was too overwhelmed with tears of joy! Sad

That would be my first move, too.

Then, I would focus everything we had on improving the gameplay and making it more authentic, and when we achieved our goals of doing that, THEN we would focus on other less important things like team entrances, cheerleaders wearing diapers, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 May 8th 2011, 10:08 am

First off I like Soarins Idea of a two disk setup. But for me why not kick it up a notch? Why not do three disks? If L.A. Noire is doing it why not? Heres my thinking -

1st Disk
--------

This disk would be reserved for all basic game play and functions, in other words this would be the main disk. It would give you online rights, online functions, it would provide all the settings, Play Now mode, Exhibition Mode (dont think they still offer that anymore), etc. It would also leave room for all and any graphical improvements. As for physics Im thinking at taking a page for the Euphoria engine. Heck, if your going to go all out, just buy the rights to using it. Sure there are improvements that need to be made on it, but it would provide more tackling ability. Graphics wise im not sure. Im not sure how much our current gen systems can handle. Games seem to be getting better in grahpics on the 360 and PS3, so I assume graphics can be better still. I would want realistic lighting, more improved weather effects and can dynamically change gameplay. I find I can still have a good passing game in the snow and cold weather, where generally that is more running game weather. Progressive lighting is another key, if your playing at 4 pm, have the daytime lead into dusk and have the lighting reflect that. If it starts getting dark, have the lights turn on midway through the game. Also, bring brack practice mode.

As for Superstar mode, cut it. There aparantly isnt a big group of followers if they havent cared to update it seemingly at all. If they keep it, have to go back to I think 2006, where they had the apartments, computer, callender, etc. It felt more in depth that way.

Presentation wise I think we could use a upgrade. Have all major Channel Affiliates. NBC, CBS, FOX, NFL Network. Along with their respective shows and announcers. NBC would have Sunday Night Football, CBS would have The NFL on CBS, Fox would have FOX NFL Sunday, and NFLN would have Thursday Night Football on occasion. Also ESPN would have Monday Night Football. In depth stadium details, exterior surroundings in the cities, etc.

Realistic player images. Haloti Ngata's hair dooes not stop halfway down his head and dissapear. I like what L.A. Noire did with their facial abilities. Have actual realistic facial images. I feel EA is slightly outdated in this department. Some players look good, others EA looked like they just fudged to make them look good.

2nd Disk
--------

This disk would be reserved for Franchise Mode only. I would suggest a general overhaul of the whole Franchise Mode. Start with the Combine (not sure what I would have happen here, any ideas?) and would generally lead up to the draft. NOW the draft! I suggest going all out here. Have the actual Radio City Music Hall in the background while your deciding on a pick. Have the ability to see the players walk on stage, greet Goodell, take their Jersey/Helmet, and have their picture taken. Now I understand that having EVERY player do this would get old, so maybe cut it out after the 3rd round, and also have the ability to skip watching the players you dont want to watch. Seeing the draft board just gets old. Now we have FA. I think generally FA is ok, with mabe the exception of there being some players that ultimately refuse to sign with SB winnig teams, Ive found this out a few days ago when trying to sign someone. Now we would have training camp, where you have a few weeks to practice with our teams new players, and generally get your team ready for the season. Injuries would still occur in Training Camp, have OTAs, etc. Also Character issues.... I would say have a rating for character issues, if a player has a high rating, than every few weeks or less, a message would come up saying "so and so has done such and such, he will be suspended for such and such amount of weeks, or fined". For the players who have a low rating this message would not pop up at all or could pop up once in a blue moon. There are some thngs to work on there, but its a general idea. Have London Games, and the Bills when they play in Toronto. Have the ability to team up with the UFL and sign players from the UFL league to come back to the NFL. A big presentation overhaul for the playoffs, completely different than the regular season. The SB being completely different than the playoffs and regular season. Have players get ejected from the games if they do something bad (see A Johnson and C Finnegan in last years game), cheerleaders (they did make a comback in Madden 12 I see), just an overall actual "What You See on Sunday is In Them Game"

3rd Disk
--------

Coaches Mode. I liked this idea from what I read here, so overall have something like NFL Head Coach. I wont go into too many details, because I havent played Head Coach.

Anybody like to comment or have any suggestions?
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 May 8th 2011, 1:04 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:First off I like Soarins Idea of a two disk setup. But for me why not kick it up a notch? Why not do three disks? If L.A. Noire is doing it why not? Heres my thinking -

1st Disk
--------

This disk would be reserved for all basic game play and functions, in other words this would be the main disk. It would give you online rights, online functions, it would provide all the settings, Play Now mode, Exhibition Mode (dont think they still offer that anymore), etc. It would also leave room for all and any graphical improvements. As for physics Im thinking at taking a page for the Euphoria engine. Heck, if your going to go all out, just buy the rights to using it. Sure there are improvements that need to be made on it, but it would provide more tackling ability. Graphics wise im not sure. Im not sure how much our current gen systems can handle. Games seem to be getting better in grahpics on the 360 and PS3, so I assume graphics can be better still. I would want realistic lighting, more improved weather effects and can dynamically change gameplay. I find I can still have a good passing game in the snow and cold weather, where generally that is more running game weather. Progressive lighting is another key, if your playing at 4 pm, have the daytime lead into dusk and have the lighting reflect that. If it starts getting dark, have the lights turn on midway through the game. Also, bring brack practice mode.

As for Superstar mode, cut it. There aparantly isnt a big group of followers if they havent cared to update it seemingly at all. If they keep it, have to go back to I think 2006, where they had the apartments, computer, callender, etc. It felt more in depth that way.

Presentation wise I think we could use a upgrade. Have all major Channel Affiliates. NBC, CBS, FOX, NFL Network. Along with their respective shows and announcers. NBC would have Sunday Night Football, CBS would have The NFL on CBS, Fox would have FOX NFL Sunday, and NFLN would have Thursday Night Football on occasion. Also ESPN would have Monday Night Football. In depth stadium details, exterior surroundings in the cities, etc.

Realistic player images. Haloti Ngata's hair dooes not stop halfway down his head and dissapear. I like what L.A. Noire did with their facial abilities. Have actual realistic facial images. I feel EA is slightly outdated in this department. Some players look good, others EA looked like they just fudged to make them look good.

2nd Disk
--------

This disk would be reserved for Franchise Mode only. I would suggest a general overhaul of the whole Franchise Mode. Start with the Combine (not sure what I would have happen here, any ideas?) and would generally lead up to the draft. NOW the draft! I suggest going all out here. Have the actual Radio City Music Hall in the background while your deciding on a pick. Have the ability to see the players walk on stage, greet Goodell, take their Jersey/Helmet, and have their picture taken. Now I understand that having EVERY player do this would get old, so maybe cut it out after the 3rd round, and also have the ability to skip watching the players you dont want to watch. Seeing the draft board just gets old. Now we have FA. I think generally FA is ok, with mabe the exception of there being some players that ultimately refuse to sign with SB winnig teams, Ive found this out a few days ago when trying to sign someone. Now we would have training camp, where you have a few weeks to practice with our teams new players, and generally get your team ready for the season. Injuries would still occur in Training Camp, have OTAs, etc. Also Character issues.... I would say have a rating for character issues, if a player has a high rating, than every few weeks or less, a message would come up saying "so and so has done such and such, he will be suspended for such and such amount of weeks, or fined". For the players who have a low rating this message would not pop up at all or could pop up once in a blue moon. There are some thngs to work on there, but its a general idea. Have London Games, and the Bills when they play in Toronto. Have the ability to team up with the UFL and sign players from the UFL league to come back to the NFL. A big presentation overhaul for the playoffs, completely different than the regular season. The SB being completely different than the playoffs and regular season. Have players get ejected from the games if they do something bad (see A Johnson and C Finnegan in last years game), cheerleaders (they did make a comback in Madden 12 I see), just an overall actual "What You See on Sunday is In Them Game"

3rd Disk
--------

Coaches Mode. I liked this idea from what I read here, so overall have something like NFL Head Coach. I wont go into too many details, because I havent played Head Coach.

Bravo! cheers cheers cheers

I would pay 80 to 90 dollars for this kind of game....Simply Amazing!
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 May 8th 2011, 6:25 pm

I would give out a "free gun rental" coupon to everyone's local gun range. That way, after playing, the people who constantly bitch about Madden could go take care of themselves and leave the rest of us alone
KWicK78
KWicK78

Street Cred : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 May 8th 2011, 7:46 pm

Soarindude02 wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:First off I like Soarins Idea of a two disk setup. But for me why not kick it up a notch? Why not do three disks? If L.A. Noire is doing it why not? Heres my thinking -

1st Disk
--------

2nd Disk
--------

3rd Disk
--------

Bravo! cheers cheers cheers

I would pay 80 to 90 dollars for this kind of game....Simply Amazing!

I might also add that with a game like this, they should just do online roster updates. Its a game I would feel could be out for maybe 2-3 years before they start improvements. It would also give them 2-3 years to make major updates and improvements. But yeah I agree, I would pay for this. I figure if your going to make a great game, you might as well go all out and impress the gamers.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down