Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

OSU asks Obama to play Football

+3
tubbs51
S
MaddMatter
7 posters

Go down

OSU asks Obama to play Football  Empty OSU asks Obama to play Football

Post  MaddMatter November 21st 2012, 11:08 am

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/20/ohio-state-fans-petition-the-potus-for-a-pardon-on-bowl-ban/

LMFAO wow that is pathetic and stupid.

Good ol'e OSU. You crazy little rascals. Never know what they're gonna do next.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

OSU asks Obama to play Football  Empty Re: OSU asks Obama to play Football

Post  S November 21st 2012, 1:56 pm

Well Americans are entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, and I don't think Ohio State fans are happy with this.

They might as well call this treason. What is treason you might ask.
Websters Dictionary
1: the betrayal of a trust : treachery

What is treachery you might ask.
1: violation of allegiance or of faith and confidence

welp I would say their faith and confidence has been destroyed.
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 November 22nd 2012, 7:40 am

They've made their bed. Now they must lay in it.

Serve out your sentence for fucks sake.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptRCG2 November 22nd 2012, 11:12 am

tubbs51 wrote:They've made their bed. Now they must lay in it.

Are you talking about football violations or voting for Obama? I'd agree that both are pretty bad. Wink
CaptRCG2
CaptRCG2

Street Cred : 86

Back to top Go down

Post  S November 22nd 2012, 1:37 pm

CaptRCG2 wrote:

Are you talking about football violations or voting for Obama? I'd agree that both are pretty bad. Wink
Romney woulda been worse but thats for another thread.
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptRCG2 November 22nd 2012, 1:48 pm

Stephen wrote:
CaptRCG2 wrote:

How so?
CaptRCG2
CaptRCG2

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 November 22nd 2012, 7:38 pm

Stephen wrote:
CaptRCG2 wrote:

No, no one could possibly be any worse than Obama....
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray November 22nd 2012, 10:00 pm

Man I wish we could go to a parallel universe and see how Romney would do. But we can't and I hate these arguments. It's like playing a game where you can choose one of two paths. And you choose the path, then later regret it and you just wish you can go back and change it. But then you go redo the entire game and you find out either path is shit
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptRCG2 November 23rd 2012, 9:21 am

HurpDurpHurray wrote:Man I wish we could go to a parallel universe and see how Romney would do. But we can't and I hate these arguments. It's like playing a game where you can choose one of two paths. And you choose the path, then later regret it and you just wish you can go back and change it. But then you go redo the entire game and you find out either path is shit

Sadly that it the choice too many people have been conditioned to believe. It's not a choice with only 2 options. That's simply what the powers that be (both dems and republicans) would like us all to believe. There are other choices. And until we explore the other choices and take our money and power back away from the politicians, we're screwed regardless of which democrat or which republican is in the White House. The USA works best when it is run by the citizens, not the politicians/elected royalty.
CaptRCG2
CaptRCG2

Back to top Go down

Post  S November 23rd 2012, 9:31 am

They both suck.

/endthread
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptRCG2 November 23rd 2012, 2:22 pm

Stephen wrote:They both suck.

/endthread

However, you claimed it would be worse if Romney had won. How so? We've had 4 years of Obama's failures and he offered to do NOTHING differently this time around. So, how is doubling down on 4 years of failures and government takeover a better alternative that what Romney was offering?

(and for the record, yes, they both suck...)
CaptRCG2
CaptRCG2

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray November 23rd 2012, 8:38 pm

CaptRCG2 wrote:

/endthread

However, you claimed it would be worse if Romney had won. How so? We've had 4 years of Obama's failures and he offered to do NOTHING differently this time around. So, how is doubling down on 4 years of failures and government takeover a better alternative that what Romney was offering?

What was Romney offering though? Because I never found out
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptRCG2 November 23rd 2012, 9:51 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
CaptRCG2 wrote:

/endthread

Repeal (good) and replace (bad) of Obamacare. A slight tapping of the brakes on govt. spending. Full economic support of the imperial military. Economic intelligence in the White House. Perhaps some answers to Fast and Furious fiasco, answers to Benghazi fiasco, no Joe Biden, no Eric Holder, no Susan Rice, no Bow and Apologize foreign policy, no "flexibility" with Putin, no photo-ops with Chavez, support of Israel, domestic energy beyond bankrupt "green" nonsense, pipeline, coal, and I'm sure there is more if I put some thought to it...
CaptRCG2
CaptRCG2

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray November 23rd 2012, 11:27 pm

CaptRCG2 wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:
CaptRCG2 wrote:

/endthread

Repeal (good) and replace (bad) of Obamacare. A slight tapping of the brakes on govt. spending. Full economic support of the imperial military. Economic intelligence in the White House. Perhaps some answers to Fast and Furious fiasco, answers to Benghazi fiasco, no Joe Biden, no Eric Holder, no Susan Rice, no Bow and Apologize foreign policy, no "flexibility" with Putin, no photo-ops with Chavez, support of Israel, domestic energy beyond bankrupt "green" nonsense, pipeline, coal, and I'm sure there is more if I put some thought to it...

Obamacare: I understand the whole point of "why am I paying for someone to constantly go in for medical help" but I do believe that you don't support it until you need it. If you were in the situation of having to constantly go in for medical help, I'm sure you would want to be covered financially.

Military: I think it's stupid to say "slight tapping on the brakes on govt. spending", then to mention military. Military is eating away at your budget. Pull out of that never ending shit show called Afghanistan and find a way to reincorporate your soldiers back into society. And I don't understand why we're already talking about war with Iran. I mean, North Korea has had nukes for years, but we're worrying about some asshole in the middle east who's close to getting one? Focus on upgrading your military and that's it. Speaking of upgrading...

Green energy: Like it or not, this is going to happen. I really think it's a good opportunity for America to get ahead of this and become a global leader for this. We can't keep running on oil because eventually we'll run out. It's a "renewable" source of energy, but that takes a very long time to replenish. I believe that if your government was to push a bill through that would give citizens who install solar panels on their property a tax refund, it would be a win-win. The homeowner gets free energy, plus a rebate because what extra energy they don't use gets sent back into the grid, and the energy companies don't have to use up valuable resources as much. And BTW, don't touch Canada's oil! THAT'S OURS!

Benghazi: That was stupid shit. Don't even know what they we're thinking with that. I think they tried to cover it up then people realized it was a stupid excuse and they had to tell the truth.

But honestly, with the amount of flip-flopping, there didn't seem to be a way to tell what Romney was really going to do. I still wish Ron Paul would have won. That would be awesome
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark November 24th 2012, 12:58 am

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
Obamacare: I understand the whole point of "why am I paying for someone to constantly go in for medical help" but I do believe that you don't support it until you need it. If you were in the situation of having to constantly go in for medical help, I'm sure you would want to be covered financially.

not only does obamacare force everyone to pay for it, but it also forces everyone to have it(sort of works as a funneling system, as soon as I'm no longer a full time student I'll be off my parents' healthcare and forced into the obama system)

why should I have to have obamacare if I could pay for better health insurance?

Pintsizedjark

Street Cred : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptRCG2 November 24th 2012, 10:51 am

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
CaptRCG2 wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:
CaptRCG2 wrote:

/endthread

Military: I think it's stupid to say "slight tapping on the brakes on govt. spending", then to mention military. Military is eating away at your budget. Pull out of that never ending shit show called Afghanistan and find a way to reincorporate your soldiers back into society. And I don't understand why we're already talking about war with Iran. I mean, North Korea has had nukes for years, but we're worrying about some asshole in the middle east who's close to getting one? Focus on upgrading your military and that's it. Speaking of upgrading...

Green energy: Like it or not, this is going to happen. I really think it's a good opportunity for America to get ahead of this and become a global leader for this. We can't keep running on oil because eventually we'll run out. It's a "renewable" source of energy, but that takes a very long time to replenish. I believe that if your government was to push a bill through that would give citizens who install solar panels on their property a tax refund, it would be a win-win. The homeowner gets free energy, plus a rebate because what extra energy they don't use gets sent back into the grid, and the energy companies don't have to use up valuable resources as much. And BTW, don't touch Canada's oil! THAT'S OURS!

Benghazi: That was stupid shit. Don't even know what they we're thinking with that. I think they tried to cover it up then people realized it was a stupid excuse and they had to tell the truth.

But honestly, with the amount of flip-flopping, there didn't seem to be a way to tell what Romney was really going to do. I still wish Ron Paul would have won. That would be awesome

Obamacare- eh, yeah, wouldn't it be great if everything was free? The reason health care costs are so outrageous in the first place is government intervention in the form of medicare and medicaid. PRIVATE charities should be what covers those who cannot care for themselves. Government take over will destroy quality of care, research and development, innovation, and advancement.

Military- No disagreement there. The "slightly tapping the breaks" was in reference to the "welfare state" spending. This was NOT to say that Romney was going to really do something with debt and deficet.

Green energy- Sorry but that's bullshit. Obama pumped billion into failed green energy. If it works, it will only be through private investment. Until then, we need to use the resources we have WHILE developing new sources of energy.

Benghazi- if my fellow voting citizens had a clue, this alone would be the end of Obama. Disgraceful!

Flip flopping- sure, the challenger in any election is always the unknown. But with Obama, you already know what you are getting. And anything kind of hope is better than the tyranny and known failure of Obama and his policies.

Ron Paul- I jumped on the Ron Paul train a couple years ago. His plan takes us back to liberty, freedom, and the Constitution. Took Woodrow Wilson, FDR, LBJ, Carter, and Obama 100 years to destroy those things. Wonder how long until we rebuild them...

CaptRCG2
CaptRCG2

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray November 24th 2012, 8:04 pm

CaptRCG2 wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:
CaptRCG2 wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:
CaptRCG2 wrote:

/endthread

Obamacare- eh, yeah, wouldn't it be great if everything was free? The reason health care costs are so outrageous in the first place is government intervention in the form of medicare and medicaid. PRIVATE charities should be what covers those who cannot care for themselves. Government take over will destroy quality of care, research and development, innovation, and advancement.

Military- No disagreement there. The "slightly tapping the breaks" was in reference to the "welfare state" spending. This was NOT to say that Romney was going to really do something with debt and deficet.

Green energy- Sorry but that's bullshit. Obama pumped billion into failed green energy. If it works, it will only be through private investment. Until then, we need to use the resources we have WHILE developing new sources of energy.

Benghazi- if my fellow voting citizens had a clue, this alone would be the end of Obama. Disgraceful!

Flip flopping- sure, the challenger in any election is always the unknown. But with Obama, you already know what you are getting. And anything kind of hope is better than the tyranny and known failure of Obama and his policies.

Ron Paul- I jumped on the Ron Paul train a couple years ago. His plan takes us back to liberty, freedom, and the Constitution. Took Woodrow Wilson, FDR, LBJ, Carter, and Obama 100 years to destroy those things. Wonder how long until we rebuild them...

I disagree with you on the healthcare one. Canada has universal health care and things run pretty well. Hospitals waits could be a little better but people get their service. But it's not like everything is free. Dentist, physiotherapy, etc. all things you have to pay for unless you have health insurance.

As for the green energy, I never meant that America should stop using coal or oil for energy, but I think it would be smart to slowly integrate into green technology. Like I said, this is a great opportunity for America to take the lead in producing green technology. Then you will have job opportunities in that field and people in America manufacturing these things. And how hard is it to install solar panels and supply energy from them? I think places already do that. Just find a nice lot, fill it with solar panels and store the energy. I don't see where the problem is with that.
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down