Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Madden 12 ratings?

+4
Mutant
Pintsizedjark
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
BaltRavensFan20
8 posters

Go down

Madden 12 ratings? Empty Madden 12 ratings?

Post  BaltRavensFan20 May 21st 2011, 11:08 pm

I know it may be a bit early, but does anyone know if they released rookie ratings yet? I want to put Jimmy Smith and all/most of the ravens rookies in my madden 11 roster. I made a big mistake in my last madden franchise mode (at the end of year 9) so I have to start over, and figured it would be a good time to add the rookies. Does anyone know if theres a difference in using NCAA Football 11 compared to Maddens general rookie ratings. Would it be realistic to use NCAA Football ratings in madden?
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Madden 12 ratings? Empty Re: Madden 12 ratings?

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ May 21st 2011, 11:29 pm

Jimmy Smith 6'2 202lbs 89 speed 60 str 90 acc 61 cth
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 22nd 2011, 12:54 am

All I know is that Patrick Peterson is the highest rated rookie this year, at 82 OVR and 89 MCV and 90 Press and 97 Speed and high as shit acceleration and agility. Other than that, I have no idea.

But this also begs the question that, since Jimmy Smith was regarded as a better pure-coverage corner than Peterson was (he was the least thrown at corner in college football), is Donny going to give him 89+ Man Coverage right away as a rookie and show some consistency in his ratings? I highly doubt it. Once again, he's going to screw the Baltimore secondary, as usual...

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark May 22nd 2011, 1:03 am

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:All I know is that Patrick Peterson is the highest rated rookie this year, at 82 OVR and 89 MCV and 90 Press and 97 Speed and high as shit acceleration and agility. Other than that, I have no idea.

But this also begs the question that, since Jimmy Smith was regarded as a better pure-coverage corner than Peterson was (he was the least thrown at corner in college football), is Donny going to give him 89+ Man Coverage right away as a rookie and show some consistency in his ratings? I highly doubt it. Once again, he's going to screw the Baltimore secondary, as usual...

the thing is, unfortunately, Peterson was on ESPN tons more than Smith, which is probably how Donny Moore gets most of his information..so it may not be that he's 'screwing Baltimore', its just that he doesn't know any better.

and I just noticed that SnA has "-39" karma or whatever, now I know it doesn't matter, but is a certain someone really so childish as to give him a negative rating for most of his posts?

/waits for the barrage of -1s from the same person.

Pintsizedjark

Street Cred : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 22nd 2011, 2:52 am

Pintsizedjark wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:All I know is that Patrick Peterson is the highest rated rookie this year, at 82 OVR and 89 MCV and 90 Press and 97 Speed and high as shit acceleration and agility. Other than that, I have no idea.

the thing is, unfortunately, Peterson was on ESPN tons more than Smith, which is probably how Donny Moore gets most of his information..so it may not be that he's 'screwing Baltimore', its just that he doesn't know any better.

and I just noticed that SnA has "-39" karma or whatever, now I know it doesn't matter, but is a certain someone really so childish as to give him a negative rating for most of his posts?

1.) Sadly, that is true. During everything leading up to the draft, you couldn't go more than 10 minutes without hearing about Patrick Peterson. The thing is, he's a playmaker but he's not a "shutdown" corner, which is EXACTLY what Donny Moore is doing with him.

2.) Yes, there are people that are that childish. I don't think it's any secret as to whom I'm referring to.

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 May 22nd 2011, 8:29 am

So I guess using the NCAA ratngs straight up wouldnt work Crying or Very sad Hmm maybe Ill just take the difference of how low the ratings are for smith between NCAA and madden and apply that difference to everything for everyone.....
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 May 22nd 2011, 8:31 am

Pintsizedjark wrote:

I could care less about ratings on here. I only give a plus one if I really like the post and such, I dont dock people a point.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant May 22nd 2011, 8:48 am

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

So I guess using the NCAA ratngs straight up wouldnt work Crying or Very sad Hmm maybe Ill just take the difference of how low the ratings are for smith between NCAA and madden and apply that difference to everything for everyone.....

From what I've heard, a guy in NCAA 11 who's 99 overall could be imported over to Madden 11 and end up being a 47 overall or something.

It seems like a complete waste of time to import a draft class.

Personally, I'd have the 2012-14 draft class in Madden 12. I don't wamnt these generic players they have now. I wanna draft Pryor or someone when they enter the draft in 20-whenever after a 3 year franchise with the Cardinals.
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 May 22nd 2011, 9:24 am

MUTANT! wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

From what I've heard, a guy in NCAA 11 who's 99 overall could be imported over to Madden 11 and end up being a 47 overall or something.

Personally, I'd have the 2012-14 draft class in Madden 12. I don't wamnt these generic players they have now. I wanna draft Pryor or someone when they enter the draft in 20-whenever after a 3 year franchise with the Cardinals.

I cant even find any NCAA football 11 ratings anywhere. This sucks...
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 22nd 2011, 11:48 am

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
MUTANT! wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

Yeah believe me I tried to find the ratings of Jimmy Smith in NCAA 11, and couldn't find anything. I might just have to gamefly NCAA 11 again lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 May 22nd 2011, 12:37 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
MUTANT! wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

Yeah believe me I tried to find the ratings of Jimmy Smith in NCAA 11, and couldn't find anything. I might just have to gamefly NCAA 11 again lol

If you want ratings, go to Teambuilder and choose the roster. IF you click on the team that player was on, then you can look for his rating. It wont be his "name" but his number.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 May 22nd 2011, 3:28 pm

Soarindude02 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
MUTANT! wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

If you want ratings, go to Teambuilder and choose the roster. IF you click on the team that player was on, then you can look for his rating. It wont be his "name" but his number.

Thanks soarin, this helps alot. Many props. I'll have to tweak or lower some on the skill ratings a bit since I cant have a bunch of 88-95 rookie ratings, but for the most part these look good.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ May 22nd 2011, 6:48 pm

I just checked to see what the Madden 11 Rookie ratings were for CBs taken in the 1st round, i dont see this years crop fairing much better with the exception of Petersen who was touted as the "best player" in the entire Draft...

Joe Haden 79 overall
Kareem Jackson 70 overall
Devin Mcourty 74 overall
Kyle Wilson 76 overall

.........i would expect to see Jimmy Smith anywhere from 70-74 overall realisticly
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 May 22nd 2011, 6:57 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:I just checked to see what the Madden 11 Rookie ratings were for CBs taken in the 1st round, i dont see this years crop fairing much better with the exception of Petersen who was touted as the "best player" in the entire Draft...

Joe Haden 79 overall
Kareem Jackson 70 overall
Devin Mcourty 74 overall
Kyle Wilson 76 overall

.........i would expect to see Jimmy Smith anywhere from 70-74 overall realisticly

im not sure though as these guys where rated higher then last years group.
haden was the best overall but there where question about his speed.

smith will probaly be somewhere near wilson and prince somewhere near haden.
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 22nd 2011, 7:57 pm

Jimmy Smith is a much better corner than Prince lol, that's not even a comparison, really. Prince was a zone corner that abused college football press rules to succeed and was very good at it.

But yeah I would expect Jimmy Smith to be right around a 76-77 OVR.

Anyways, that TeamBuilder thing doesn't have the roster for Jimmy Smith's ratings because it's all user-created teams. Colorado's roster is customized.

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 May 22nd 2011, 8:18 pm

They need a new ratings guy. Not to toot my own horn, I usually need visual stimulation to do that, but someone like me.

Not to say you need a current college football player, but at least a former player who knows how to break down tape and has a knowledge of how players fit into certain systems both on offense and defense.

Players don't always bust because they suck, they bust because they go to a bad situation. Prince Akumora will most likely bust because I personally do not think he fits what the giants defense wants to accomplish in games. Not that he is a bad player, I like him as a corner. He should have the same physical ratings but what madden ratings needs to include is consistency, knowledge or familiarity with the system, or like a system rating.

One step at a time, dont expect to see that until donnie is out
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 22nd 2011, 10:20 pm

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:They need a new ratings guy. Not to toot my own horn, I usually need visual stimulation to do that, but someone like me.

Not to say you need a current college football player, but at least a former player who knows how to break down tape and has a knowledge of how players fit into certain systems both on offense and defense.

Players don't always bust because they suck, they bust because they go to a bad situation. Prince Akumora will most likely bust because I personally do not think he fits what the giants defense wants to accomplish in games. Not that he is a bad player, I like him as a corner. He should have the same physical ratings but what madden ratings needs to include is consistency, knowledge or familiarity with the system, or like a system rating.

Yup, pretty much. Or someone who can accurately find a way to rate a guy like Randy Moss, who gives 100% effort on almost 1 play a game and then slouches the rest of the time.

Donny is incompetent, basically. And that's not ever going to change.

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 May 22nd 2011, 10:29 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:They need a new ratings guy. Not to toot my own horn, I usually need visual stimulation to do that, but someone like me.

Yup, pretty much. Or someone who can accurately find a way to rate a guy like Randy Moss, who gives 100% effort on almost 1 play a game and then slouches the rest of the time.

Donny is incompetent, basically. And that's not ever going to change.

I am used to watching tape, Of all the tape I watched through high school and college so far, I have witnessed every system, I played in a 43, 34, and 46 defense. We need guys who know football to break down tape and not watch ESPN for a week than base ratings off that
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 May 23rd 2011, 5:41 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:Jimmy Smith is a much better corner than Prince lol, that's not even a comparison, really. Prince was a zone corner that abused college football press rules to succeed and was very good at it.

Anyways, that TeamBuilder thing doesn't have the roster for Jimmy Smith's ratings because it's all user-created teams. Colorado's roster is customized.

Look around, there are some that are realistic that seem legit. I forget which one I used.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 May 23rd 2011, 7:08 pm

MUTANT! wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

yeah the NCAA 11 draft classes are completely randomized in ratings. a guy who won the Heisman twice could enter the draft and be a 6th round pick and be a career back up.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 23rd 2011, 7:44 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:Jimmy Smith is a much better corner than Prince lol, that's not even a comparison, really. Prince was a zone corner that abused college football press rules to succeed and was very good at it.

Look around, there are some that are realistic that seem legit. I forget which one I used.

Can you post what his ratings were?

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 May 23rd 2011, 8:28 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

Can you post what his ratings were?

Here they are, granted you may have to tweak some due to your own judgement. I thought his skill position ones were fine though for a rookie so I left most of it.

Spd - 91 Rls - 65 Str - 60
Awr - 85 Ibl - 44 Sfa - 41
Trk - 40 Pbf - 48 Thp - 40
Spm - 90 Fmv - 54 Cit - 68
Tha - 40 Mcv - 85 Rbk - 40
Rte - 71 Kac - 40 Rbf - 42
Rbk - 40 Acc - 90 Pow - 40
Pbs - 37 Inj - 87 Pur - 80
Pmv - 38 Bcv - 60 Prs - 83
Prc - 86 Car - 52
Kpw - 40 Spc - 55
Agi - 90 Jmp - 88
Sta - 94 Rbs - 50
Elu - 69 Tak - 75
Jkm - 85 Bsh - 75
Cth - 68 Zcv - 85

Like I said not all of them may be low enough for a rookie, but it works for me for now.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 May 24th 2011, 4:41 pm

the ratings should be give or take though. no one should be locked into a 99 acceleration. it should waver by 10 points during week to week and by play to play because some games you feel tight and dont move as well same deal with plays, i can jump a snap 20 times in a row, 21 comes and for some reason i was tight there for a tad slower.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down