Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

What Is Music Coming To?

+2
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
HurpDurpHurray
6 posters

Go down

What Is Music Coming To? Empty What Is Music Coming To?

Post  HurpDurpHurray December 19th 2014, 8:50 pm

I want you all to listen to this:

This is what's wrong with music. The original song is beautiful and full of emotion. Then some asshole comes along and adds the most generic dance beat to it and now it's pop. I heard this on the radio and was disappointed to know someone would even put this on the air. Same with that song Habits by Tove Lo. It's an amazing song but some asshat decided to cut most of the chorus out and instead repeat "high all the time" and then add a beat. Fuck you and fuck what the music industry has come to. I like electronic music, but when you fuck a beautiful song in the ass like this, it pisses me off
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

What Is Music Coming To? Empty Re: What Is Music Coming To?

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ December 19th 2014, 11:26 pm

fuck all that techno bullshit..real music died over 25 years ago...although i love older heavy metal, one of my favorites of all time is this oldie by Kris Kristofferson...I personally think newer music has lost all its meaning.

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 December 20th 2014, 12:37 am

Music isn't dead. Sluagh still exists

EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ December 20th 2014, 2:30 am

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:Music isn't dead. Sluagh still exists

EPIC..I Like your music, it sounds good.., what I think its missing is that ' Smells Like Teen Spirit " riff...or that one song that puts you guys over the top...in all honesty thats what every Band needs..its just so dam hard to find!! ...and the worst part of searching for it is that nobody knows what they are looking for!! ...stay at it man, hard work pays off...you guys are on the right track
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker December 20th 2014, 1:46 pm

First of all @Hurp. Anything with electronic drums sucks. Period. Worst invention ever.

@Epic. Nice song and I agree with puppetz sometimes you just have to luck into finding the right opening.

And last of all Kris Kristofferson. lol. Jeezus.

Willbacker
Willbacker

Street Cred : 30

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 December 21st 2014, 1:13 am

Willbacker wrote:First of all @Hurp. Anything with electronic drums sucks. Period. Worst invention ever.

@Epic. Nice song and I agree with puppetz sometimes you just have to luck into finding the right opening.

And last of all Kris Kristofferson. lol. Jeezus.

@puppetz we are taking baby steps. We're actually with Exalted Woe Records now, so they handle sales and stuff. I'm not taking the stuff too seriously, it's a hobby but we play with some awesome bands. I'm more focused on being a coach.

@will electric drums do kill most music. Only band that kind of used them alright was ZZ Top and that's because Beard is a great drummer regardless of sound
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker December 21st 2014, 12:19 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:

@puppetz we are taking baby steps. We're actually with Exalted Woe Records now, so they handle sales and stuff. I'm not taking the stuff too seriously, it's a hobby but we play with some awesome bands. I'm more focused on being a coach.

@will electric drums do kill most music. Only band that kind of used them alright was ZZ Top and that's because Beard is a great drummer regardless of sound

Pretty ironic how Frank Beard was the only one with no beard in the  group. Here's kind of an electronic version of ZZ with Dusty Hill on synthezizer from when MTv actually showed music videos. It's a little goofy but fun.

Willbacker
Willbacker

Street Cred : 30

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy December 22nd 2014, 8:54 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:fuck all that techno bullshit..real music died over 25 years ago...although i love older heavy metal, one of my favorites of all time is this oldie by Kris Kristofferson...I personally think newer music has lost all its meaning

Im w Puppetz. Other than maybe Mudvayne and Slipknot, music (especially hard rock/metal) has been in a lull. I like Apocalyptica but can barely follow most nu-metal. Its like Ive heard all the bass lines before. Its as if im listening to shitty covers of Dime Bag's riffs w todays bands. Nothing new.

My all time favs (Rock only)? Pantera, Alice in Chains (I love Cantrell so Layne's passing isnt a deal breaker w me), Pearl Jam (still amazing, saw them 2x in last 4 yrs, still put out high quality albums), Rage Against the Machine (and side projects) Sevendust may be in there and thats kinda my standard for Rock.

Past 10 yrs?
Avenge sevenfold is forgetable
Metallica still sucks since Black album
Black Label has some great stuff but its Pantera without... well Pantera
Black Keys? That shit aint rock.
Artic Monkeys? That shit aint rock.
Bullet For My Valentime? Fukin really?
Tenacious D = Henry Rollins = Shit
Taking Back Sunday is a wanna be Stone Temple Pilots.
White Stripes sounds like every forgetable 1970s song Ive ever heard. Not new. Not fresh.
Alter Bridge sounds like Creed which means they both suck equally.
Hell Ya!? Not bad, but Ive heard it before.
Three Doors Down/Chad KrogeFag and his shit band/New Found Glory/Lenny Kravitz (Why wont his guy go away, you stink)/Seether? Id rather get kicked in the dick than listen to that toal horse shit.

Foo Figthers. Im torn on this as a "grunge" fan in high school. Dave is amazing. I love his work w Queens of the Stone Age but most of his stuff since One by One (Foo Figthers)sounds too forced or not really them. Maybe new producer? I dunno. They just sound softer. But they did better than I expected.

TL;DR -Stop listening to todays "Rock" and you wont catch "the gay."
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  Browns January 2nd 2015, 3:17 am

yall r old af
Browns
Browns

Street Cred : 41

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down