Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

National Signing Day: Tomorrow begins Yesterday

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

National Signing Day: Tomorrow begins Yesterday Empty National Signing Day: Tomorrow begins Yesterday

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 February 4th 2015, 1:43 pm

So we all know that the super bowl had 0 5-star guys start. a few 4-star guys, a ton of 3-star and lower.

We also all heard about the last 10 championships, they all had a top 5 recruiting class 2-3 years before they won the championship.

That being said, who stands out? any interesting story lines? There was 2 kids in my area who are playing D1 ball...well 1 is. Tyler Ennis a running back from Millville punched a chick in the face and Purdue took back the scholar ship. The other kid, something Madden, an O-linemen, was going to Wisconsin but the HC change ended up with him being told, "you shouldn't come here because I don't want you" so he is going to Georgia.

EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

National Signing Day: Tomorrow begins Yesterday Empty Re: National Signing Day: Tomorrow begins Yesterday

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 February 4th 2015, 1:46 pm

I think the biggest thing that jumps out to me is Ole Miss barely making the top 20 classes. A couple years ago, they were top 3, another class was top 5, now a huge drop off in terms of ranking. This might be because of how the season ended, a lot of kids see you get your ass smacked a few times by Arkansas and TCU, they jump ship
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

National Signing Day: Tomorrow begins Yesterday Empty Re: National Signing Day: Tomorrow begins Yesterday

Post  MaddMatter February 4th 2015, 6:20 pm

I think it's weird to follow high school athletes, especially ones you've never seen play.

I also hate how we (the media/ crazy loser fans) treat these kids like kings. Honestly, I've I ever have a kid and he is gifted enough to get D1 offers, you better bet your ass he will not be doing any of this bullshit. No hat pick, no rap song, no live animals, none of that shit. You make your decision and you're done.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray February 4th 2015, 7:35 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:Tyler Ennis a running back from Millville punched a chick in the face and Purdue took back the scholar ship.

Hold on so there's two Canadian Tyler Ennis' that I know. One plays for the Buffalo Sabres, one is part of the Phoenix Suns organization. Is he also Canadian?
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 February 5th 2015, 5:13 am

@Hurp, he isn't canadian, he is from New Jersey

@Matt, I get where you're coming from but it is something I follow because I do coach, I'd like to coach college, so I like seeing the process and the transition kids make from HS to college and develop as players.

There was a kid on out team, senior RB, ended up going to temple but because he isn't a 5 star, he isn't getting a signing day ceremony. Next year we probably have a shot to send 2-3 kids to D1 schools, in 2 years, possibly 3-7 depending how much they grow.

I just enjoy seeing the kids grow up and become these great players.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter February 5th 2015, 11:52 am

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:@Hurp, he isn't canadian, he is from New Jersey

@Matt, I get where you're coming from but it is something I follow because I do coach, I'd like to coach college, so I like seeing the process and the transition kids make from HS to college and develop as players.

There was a kid on out team, senior RB, ended up going to temple but because he isn't a 5 star, he isn't getting a signing day ceremony. Next year we probably have a shot to send 2-3 kids to D1 schools, in 2 years, possibly 3-7 depending how much they grow.

That part is different, because you actually coach these kids, so you're happy to see them get a D1 scholarship. I'm talking mid 30-40 year olds, following recruits on twitter to get them to come to their school and shit. That's pathetic.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 February 5th 2015, 12:08 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:@Hurp, he isn't canadian, he is from New Jersey

That part is different, because you actually coach these kids, so you're happy to see them get a D1 scholarship. I'm talking mid 30-40 year olds, following recruits on twitter to get them to come to their school and shit. That's pathetic.

Well that's the age we live in now. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram has made everyone available to reach. Some kids I coached were getting texts and shit from kids at catholic high schools to transfer.

it's not good, but it is something that exists.

Mike&Mike talked about what reforms to recruiting could there be and it's like trying to fix the economy. All ideas sound good on paper until people put them to practice and find loop holes or grey areas.

You have a finite number of players in the pool of athletes each year, you have a finite number of scholarships available, some kids are naturally going to get screwed over. Fans may say to them, 'hey, you should come here, we want you', the coach says, 'hey, we want you', and they say, 'let me go here' and when shit hits the fan and that scholarship is offered to another kid instead of themselves on signing day and they go else where, fans don't always know that shit happens and hit up that kid and say, 'what happened, we thought you were coming here'

Recruiting is a nasty business. In all levels of football, D1 down to D3, you blow smoke up kids ass to get them to come and build them up just to break them down when practice starts.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 February 6th 2015, 1:33 pm

6'7 410lbs kid going to BYU. If you saw pictures of him, you'd say, "no way he is 410, he looks 270-280."

The kid is taking his mormon mission so don't look for him for the next 2 years but god damn, he is a mean looking mother fucker. You can expect kids in africa becoming mormons so they don't piss him off
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter February 7th 2015, 1:03 am

Urban Meyer and Bobby Petrino are complete pieces of shit

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 February 7th 2015, 2:04 am

MaddMatter wrote:Urban Meyer and Bobby Petrino are complete pieces of shit

Yea.

For those not in the Loop (IE. everyone but Matt and I)

Meyer recruited this RB who was promissed his postition coach would be there (position coaches do a ton of recruiting and are you primary coaching you talk/interact with) when after the kid committed, signed the letter of intent (which basically locks you in, if you try to get out of it, you loose a year of eligability), the position coach left

Petrino had a RB committed to the school and offered him a scholarship. 48 hours prior to signing day, they yank the offer and leave the kid kind of hanging. He was really set on going to Louisville. The kid's High School coach has since banned Petrino from recruiting any of his players.

It's a dirty business recruiting but what can you do
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter February 7th 2015, 9:19 am

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:Urban Meyer and Bobby Petrino are complete pieces of shit

Yea.

For those not in the Loop (IE. everyone but Matt and I)

Meyer recruited this RB who was promissed his postition coach would be there (position coaches do a ton of recruiting and are you primary coaching you talk/interact with) when after the kid committed, signed the letter of intent (which basically locks you in, if you try to get out of it, you loose a year of eligability), the position coach left

Petrino had a RB committed to the school and offered him a scholarship. 48 hours prior to signing day, they yank the offer and leave the kid kind of hanging. He was really set on going to Louisville. The kid's High School coach has since banned Petrino from recruiting any of his players.

It's a dirty business recruiting but what can you do
Yeah the Louisville kid was committed for 8+months so he didn't take any visits or talk to any other coaches either.

As for Mike Weber, that whole thing is dirty as fuck. My guess is he doesn't stay at OSU. Detroit Cass Tech's head coach said he has a problem with sending his players to OSU now.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker February 7th 2015, 2:44 pm

How can anybody trust a guy like Petrino when this man walked out on the Atl Falcons in the middle of the season. No way would I want my kids playing for a guy who has no ethics especially when you're dealing with 17 and 18 yr olds. The NCAA really should have some ethic clauses that provides an out or penalizes a coach that lies. But guess what. They don't care.
Willbacker
Willbacker

Street Cred : 30

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 February 7th 2015, 3:04 pm

Willbacker wrote:How can anybody trust a guy like Petrino when this man walked out on the Atl Falcons in the middle of the season. No way would I want my kids playing for a guy who has no ethics especially when you're dealing with 17 and 18 yr olds. The NCAA really should have some ethic clauses that provides an out or penalizes a coach that lies. But guess what. They don't care.

Well because the guy runs a pro style offense and gets kids to the league. That's what basically everyone cares about.

There is something to be said for someone who is honest. Look at nick saban. He never blows smoke up kids ass. If you hear stories on how he works.

Saban makes a few pitches
-I have a winning record every where
-Best conference
-look at my rings
-look at the kids I sent to the NFL
-We want you
-If you go somewhere else, I'll find a way to win without you

He isn't promising guys dumb ass shit. He is straight up and honest. For as much as I hate the guys persona, he is a good coach, he is to football what Coack K is to basketball. He really protects the kids, gets what college is, and is a realist
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  S February 9th 2015, 6:03 pm

Epic vote on the fuckin cheerleaders you queer.
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 February 9th 2015, 9:36 pm

S wrote:Epic vote on the fuckin cheerleaders you queer.
nah i'm good
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  S February 9th 2015, 9:38 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
nah i'm good
why lol we need a tie breaker. What happened? you were all about it before we started lol
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 February 10th 2015, 12:17 am

S wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
nah i'm good
why lol we need a tie breaker. What happened? you were all about it before we started lol

then I realized how pedantic of an exercise it is. Life is meaningless. We should all kill ourselves.

*cuts wrists*
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  S February 10th 2015, 3:52 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
S wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
nah i'm good

then I realized how pedantic of an exercise it is. Life is meaningless. We should all kill ourselves.

*cuts wrists*
The fuck
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray February 10th 2015, 9:39 pm

S wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
S wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
nah i'm good

*cuts wrists*
The fuck

Someone get the tub. Epic's gonna bleed out
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  S February 10th 2015, 10:45 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
S wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
S wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
nah i'm good

*cuts wrists*
The fuck

If this nigga dont come on and vote lol
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 February 11th 2015, 3:12 am

S wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:
S wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
S wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
nah i'm good

*cuts wrists*
The fuck

If this nigga dont come on and vote lol
can't
*dead*
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 February 14th 2015, 9:50 pm

https://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1736398

Actually the whole coach leaving after signing day happened a few times this year
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter June 15th 2015, 5:18 pm

Just heard the phone call of someone committing to EMU, pretty cool to listen to. I don't know who it is, all I know is he's a WR. I'll find out more soon.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 June 16th 2015, 12:32 am

MaddMatter wrote:Just heard the phone call of someone committing to EMU, pretty cool to listen to. I don't know who it is, all I know is he's a WR. I'll find out more soon.

Hope he turns out alright for you guys
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter June 16th 2015, 2:23 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:Just heard the phone call of someone committing to EMU, pretty cool to listen to. I don't know who it is, all I know is he's a WR. I'll find out more soon.

Hope he turns out alright for you guys
Josh Wilkes

Kid from South Carolina, he's a junior, his only other D1 offer was Old Dominion though.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next