Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

The Offseason

+6
HurpDurpHurray
RSoxGuy
S
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MaddMatter
EPICxPENGUIN69
10 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Offseason  - Page 4 Empty Re: The Offseason

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 March 17th 2015, 9:08 pm

Dude if I was a gm, I'd trade for their next year's #1 because you'll get a top 5 no doubt. Like the jets. I'd call them up and say, "you get out #6 this year, we get your next year's 1st round pick and other stuff to balance the deal "
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ March 17th 2015, 9:42 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:Dude if I was a gm, I'd trade for their next year's #1 because  you'll get a top 5 no doubt. Like the jets. I'd call them up and say, "you get out #6 this year, we get your next year's 1st round  pick and  other stuff to balance  the  deal  "

lets send them our #6 for thier next years 1st,2nd and that monster HB they took in last years draft..i would be all in on that
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 March 17th 2015, 10:01 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:Dude if I was a gm, I'd trade for their next year's #1 because  you'll get a top 5 no doubt. Like the jets. I'd call them up and say, "you get out #6 this year, we get your next year's 1st round  pick and  other stuff to balance  the  deal  "

lets send them our #6 for thier next years 1st,2nd and that monster HB they took in last years draft..i would be all in on that

Too imbalanced. I'd stick to picks. I'd give them our 6 this year for their 1 next year and a 3rd this year. You bank on them being ass and going 4-12 or worse. You draft a qb next year
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ March 17th 2015, 10:16 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

Too imbalanced. I'd  stick to picks. I'd give  them our 6 this  year for their  1 next year and  a 3rd this year. You bank on them being ass and going 4-12 or worse. You draft a qb next year  

any qbs being heralded as "good" coming out next year? none ive heard of...in any case, we take the BPA
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 March 18th 2015, 12:45 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

Too imbalanced. I'd  stick to picks. I'd give  them our 6 this  year for their  1 next year and  a 3rd this year. You bank on them being ass and going 4-12 or worse. You draft a qb next year  

any qbs being heralded as "good" coming out next year? none ive heard of...in any case, we take the BPA

I have to think, we've been focusing on this class so I've lost track of upcoming seniors and redshirt sophomores and juniors

EDIT:
I just looked up guys and so far some names I've picked out as potential 1st round guys depending on their year, start with the "pro" guys and the "spread" guys

Connor Cook, Mich St, he'll be a rsSr and a 2 1/2 or 3 year starter, fundamentals are shitty but his stats and wins are there along with good mobility and a good arm

Cody Kessler from USC, had a crazy year last year in terms of INT/TD ratio so maybe it's the system but I only watched him a couple times and I wasn't impressed, I felt he had a noodle arm.

Nate Sudfeild, Indiana, runs a fun and gun type pistol offense but the guy had last year off because he got hurt, I think his knee. Not a major concern, under the radar guy but tons of talent

Treyvone Boykin, TCU, I love him. Rocket arm, runs like a deer, and has experience playing around different positions so it makes his football IQ up which I like, I think NFL teams won't consider him a QB even though he runs an air raid off.

Dak Prescott, MSU, power runner, a lot like tebow in terms of build but is right handed, quicker release, and more accurate, I don't think he has as strong of an arm as tebow but he is a way better thrower.

Braxton Miller, OSU (maybe), we've all seen what he is capable of and know what he is. He is explosive running, a bit goofy when it comes to passing

These are the guys who will be deff coming out because it's their last years of eligibility, juniors/sophomores next year that could come out

Christian Hackenburg - PSU - if you think winston is pro ready, this kid is light years ahead of him in terms of arm talent, poise, and knowledge. I've seen a ton of PSU games and think he is the real fucking deal.

Jared Goff - Cal - air raid QB with a crazy good arm, really skinny, but he is a young kid, this will be his junior year and 3rd year starting

Cardale Jones - OSU (if he starts) - people were saying he could be a 1st round pick after starting only 3 games but he is a big kid, 6'5, 250, arm so good his nickname is 12 gauge. I think if he shows a full year starting, maybe a 1st.

In all honesty, there is only guy I feel comfortable taking #1 and that's christian hackenburg, which he may not leave school.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter March 18th 2015, 4:56 pm

Hackenberg is the only one worthy of a 1st rounder out of that list.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 March 18th 2015, 7:15 pm

MaddMatter wrote:Hackenberg is the only one worthy of a 1st rounder out of that list.

eh, i think he is the only one worthy of the 1st overall pick
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 March 20th 2015, 6:55 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker March 22nd 2015, 6:09 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2403049-nfl-veteran-combine-participants-2015-players-who-will-make-rosters-this-season

Just thought I'd pop this in here. The NFL had a veterans combine today. No name really jumped out to me tho.
Willbacker
Willbacker

Street Cred : 30

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 March 22nd 2015, 6:39 pm

Willbacker wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2403049-nfl-veteran-combine-participants-2015-players-who-will-make-rosters-this-season

Just thought I'd pop this in here. The NFL had a veterans combine today. No name really jumped out to me tho.

It's supposed to be guys who didn't get any real shot to play in meaningful minutes of NFL games. Everyone wanted Vince Young and Tebow but they have played a good deal comparatively to most who try and get into the NFL
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 March 24th 2015, 1:11 pm

Tell you what, I've seen/heard 3 Brent Hundley interviews now, I like him a lot. Very smart, very humble, very intelligent. I think he might be a steal in this draft. Says he models his game after McNabb, has a degree, explained his offense. Not saying the jets should take him but I don't feel scared if they do.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter March 24th 2015, 6:50 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:Tell you what, I've seen/heard 3 Brent Hundley interviews now, I like him a lot. Very smart, very humble, very intelligent. I think he might be a steal in this draft. Says he models his game after McNabb, has a degree, explained his offense. Not saying the jets should take him but I don't feel scared if they do.
He sold me on his interview during the combine.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 March 24th 2015, 6:52 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:Tell you what, I've seen/heard 3 Brent Hundley interviews now, I like him a lot. Very smart, very humble, very intelligent. I think he might be a steal in this draft. Says he models his game after McNabb, has a degree, explained his offense. Not saying the jets should take him but I don't feel scared if they do.
He sold me on his interview during the combine.
He is like the perfect mixture of Mariota's humility and Winston's confidence
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker March 25th 2015, 5:24 pm

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12556985/new-england-patriots-formation-pats-formation-now-ruled-illegal-substitution

Yep this was a nobrainer. Dirty lowdown cheats. Thats the way while Belichick is there that I'm gonna think of them. While it may have been "legal" at the time the way they rushed up to the LOS and the refs didn't announce it clear enough was total bullshit. Anybody notice that it was clearly announced by the refs in the Colts game.

Willbacker
Willbacker

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 March 25th 2015, 5:32 pm

Willbacker wrote:http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12556985/new-england-patriots-formation-pats-formation-now-ruled-illegal-substitution

Yep this was a nobrainer. Dirty lowdown cheats. Thats the way while Belichick is there that I'm gonna think of them. While it may have been "legal" at the time the way they rushed up to the LOS and the refs didn't announce it clear enough was total bullshit. Anybody notice that it was clearly announced by the refs in the Colts game.

I get both sides of it.

Baltimore is a man/blitz defense and when you can't pick out who to cover, you get screwed

NFL being like, "seriously? bro, this is dumb, staaap"
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker March 25th 2015, 7:36 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
Willbacker wrote:http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12556985/new-england-patriots-formation-pats-formation-now-ruled-illegal-substitution

I get both sides of it.

Baltimore is a man/blitz defense and when you can't pick out who to cover, you get screwed

You know it's bad when the Steelers came out and backed the Ravens on this one.
Willbacker
Willbacker

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 March 25th 2015, 11:44 pm

Willbacker wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:

I get both sides of it.

You know it's bad when the Steelers came out and backed the Ravens on this one.

Yea, the NFL hates different things, they want conformity because it's easier to make money/keep your job.

EXAMPLE:

You draft Mariota and you go 4-12 or lose consistantly for years with him, regardless of the coaching, players around him, you'll say, "why did you take mariota? he wasn't a pro QB."

You take winston and he has a similar situation and loses a ton, "well hey, he didn't have the stuff, he was the only good pro QB in the draft, you swing and miss some times"

I'm waiting for the NFL to start changing Chip's offense
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ March 26th 2015, 1:42 am

2 Pats Fans boarded a flight from Foxboro to NY to see the game between the Jets and Pats, one sat at the window and the other in the middle seat,
just before takeoff a Jet fan boarded and took the aisle seat.
After Takeoff, the Jet fan kicked off his shoes, wiggled his toes and was settling in when the Pat fan in the window seat stood up and said " i think i will go get a beer" .."no problem" the Jet fan said, " i will get it for you".

While he was gone, one of the Pats fans picked up his shoe and spat in it.When he returned the other Pat fan said ’that looks good, i think i will have one too".
The Jet fan obligingly went to get it, while he was gone the other Pat fan picked up the other shoe and spat in it. When the Jet fan returned, they all sat back and enjoyed the flight.

As the plane was landing, the Jet fan slipped his feet into his shoes and knew immediatly what happened.

He looked at the 2 Pats fans and asked "Why does it have to be this way?" .."How long must this go on? , this fighting between fanbases? This Hatred? This animosity? This spitting in shoes and Pissing in beer? "
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 March 26th 2015, 11:41 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:2 Pats Fans boarded a flight from Foxboro to NY to see the game between the Jets and Pats, one sat at the window and the other in the middle seat,
just before takeoff a Jet fan boarded and took the aisle seat.
After Takeoff, the Jet fan kicked off his shoes, wiggled his toes and was settling in when the Pat fan in the window seat stood up and said " i think i will go get a beer" .."no problem" the Jet fan said, " i will get it for you".

While he was gone, one of the Pats fans picked up his shoe and spat in it.When he returned the other Pat fan said ’that looks good, i think i will have one too".
The Jet fan obligingly went to get it, while he was gone the other Pat fan picked up the other shoe and spat in it. When the Jet fan returned, they all sat back and enjoyed the flight.

As the plane was landing, the Jet fan slipped his feet into his shoes and knew immediatly what happened.

He looked at the 2 Pats fans and asked "Why does it have to be this way?" .."How long must this go on? , this fighting between fanbases? This Hatred? This animosity? This spitting in shoes and Pissing in beer? "

An anecdote on the "tampering" charges
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker March 26th 2015, 2:07 pm

Was listening to the radio today and they was talking bout Randy Gregery a LB thats supposed to be drafted high but failed his drugtest by smokin mother nature and this announcer Kirk Morrison was talking bout his substance abuse problems but couldn't stop calling it substance and abuse. Said it like 20 times in a 15 minute segment and I'm telling ya that shit had me rolling. Anyways I wanted Dupree but I'll take Gregery.
Willbacker
Willbacker

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 March 26th 2015, 8:28 pm

Willbacker wrote:Was listening to the radio today and they was talking bout Randy Gregery a LB thats supposed to be drafted high but failed his drugtest by smokin mother nature and this announcer Kirk Morrison was talking bout his substance abuse problems but couldn't stop calling it substance and abuse. Said it like 20 times in a 15 minute segment and I'm telling ya that shit had me rolling. Anyways I wanted Dupree but I'll take Gregery.

What is the NFL to do if the states that have NFL teams all legalize it? What about players with medical carrier cards because let's be honest, if your NFL player, pick you reason to smoke weed (anxiety, pain, etc)?

There was a case of I think a guy on the ravens who took aderole and could take it without getting in trouble but he like didn't renew some paperwork so normally he would have been good but he got burnt and suspended.

The NFL and many sports leagues shouldn't govern players use of recreational drugs, same with any business or organization. Civil liberties bro, steroids? HGH? cool, test for that. Pot? who cares.

I don't smoke, never have, never interested me but the people who are against pot lost, their argument is dead and pointless.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker March 26th 2015, 10:21 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
Willbacker wrote:Was listening to the radio today and they was talking bout Randy Gregery a LB thats supposed to be drafted high but failed his drugtest by smokin mother nature and this announcer Kirk Morrison was talking bout his substance abuse problems but couldn't stop calling it substance and abuse. Said it like 20 times in a 15 minute segment and I'm telling ya that shit had me rolling. Anyways I wanted Dupree but I'll take Gregery.

What is the NFL to do if the states that have NFL teams all legalize it? What about players with medical carrier cards because let's be honest, if your NFL player, pick you reason to smoke weed (anxiety, pain, etc)?

There was a case of I think a guy on the ravens who took aderole and could take it without getting in trouble but he like didn't renew some paperwork so normally he would have been good but he got burnt and suspended.

The NFL and many sports leagues shouldn't govern players use of recreational drugs, same with any business or organization. Civil liberties bro, steroids? HGH? cool, test for that. Pot? who cares.

I don't smoke, never have, never interested me but the people who are against pot lost, their argument is dead and pointless.

It was Chris Davis on the O's on the Aderol but pot makes you a better athlete like steroids and hgh.lol. The main thing is do you report to work and do you do your job in an A like manner. Sometimes people dont worry bout whats important they just judge.
Willbacker
Willbacker

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 March 30th 2015, 1:33 pm

So the falcons pump in crowd noise and they lose a 5th round pick...

dufuq?

Take away 3 1st rounders, make that shit hurt
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker March 30th 2015, 7:08 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:So the falcons pump in crowd noise and they lose a 5th round pick...

dufuq?

Agreed. Not enough and its a 5th rd in 2016 lol and a 350k fine which is not even vet minimum while the Browns received a little bit of a harsher one at a 250k fine plus the loss of their decisionmaker for 4 games for what I think is a lesser violation. You think the coaches were actually listening to his texts while piping in crowd noise actually affects the game.

Deflategate?? Pushed under the rug by NFL commisioner,czar and grand pooba Kraft.
Willbacker
Willbacker

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 March 30th 2015, 7:26 pm

Willbacker wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:So the falcons pump in crowd noise and they lose a 5th round pick...

dufuq?

Agreed. Not enough and its a 5th rd in 2016 lol and a 350k fine which is not even vet minimum while the Browns received a little bit of a harsher one at a 250k fine plus the loss of their decisionmaker for 4 games for what I think is a lesser violation. You think the coaches were actually listening to his texts while piping in crowd noise actually affects the game.

Deflategate?? Pushed under the rug by NFL commisioner,czar and grand pooba Kraft.

I'd be a better commish. I'd make a panel for punishment, get some former coaches/players/admins to review cases and shit and find a good punishment for what ever. I'd shorten games, find a way to make a 3 1/2 hour game down to 2 - 2 1/2. Get rid of recreational drug tests, only PEDs and HGH blood test. Teams would be more heavily punished when shit happens like this.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next