Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Flyers Make A Splash

2 posters

Go down

Flyers Make A Splash Empty Flyers Make A Splash

Post  HurpDurpHurray June 23rd 2011, 6:12 pm

Mike Richards traded reportedly for Wayne Simmons, Braydon Schenn and a pick.

Jeff Carter traded to Columbus for Jakub Voracek and their first and third round picks in this year's draft.

Now who are their centers gonna be?
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Flyers Make A Splash Empty Re: Flyers Make A Splash

Post  Thadden June 23rd 2011, 6:50 pm

Mike Richards was the team's captain by title but the true locker room prescence is defenseman Chris Pronger. Mike Richards' leadership has been questioned many times and in the Buffalo Sabres series, when we were down in the series he didnt speak up and get the team motivated. Some might say thats not his leadership style, but the man who stood up and motivated the team was Danny Briere, who is an even quieter guy in the locker room. If there was ever a time for a pep talk from Mike Richards it would have been then but yet again leadership came from another place.

Jeff Carter has struggled with injuries and hasnt showed up in the playoffs the past few years. We have some great offensive depth. I can see Cluade Giroux (very underrated) having another career year. Ville Leino is a great scoring threat however is very inconsistent. Kris Versteeg didnt play very well last season but has the potential to be a threat. Danny Briere is a good player aswell. In addition, we have a very young team (offensively) and if we can get someone to step up we can be a bigtime threat. I might be in the minority but I think we will be fine as long as we sign Bryzgalov. Then we will have an established goalie and we wont need to score as much as before.
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down