Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Randy Moss retires

+6
tubbs51
SteelersJMB
HurpDurpHurray
RSoxGuy
EPICxPENGUIN69
Mutant
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Randy Moss retires Empty Randy Moss retires

Post  Mutant August 1st 2011, 3:41 pm

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6823929/randy-moss-retire-13-seasons-153-touchdowns

One of the greatest WR's who ever played the game.

I'm sure he'd have broken Rice's records if he hadn't had that "give up" attitude.
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Randy Moss retires Empty Re: Randy Moss retires

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 1st 2011, 4:12 pm

hes a bitch and every team he ever played for were bitches. thats why he didnt have the rings and records.

talent doesnt not equal success

work equals success
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy August 1st 2011, 5:30 pm

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:hes a bitch and every team he ever played for were bitches. thats why he didnt have the rings and records.

work equals success

Single season TD record?

But yes, it was never a question of if his body could handle the pressure, it was always if his head could handle the pressure.

First ballot HOF. Yup.
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 1st 2011, 6:08 pm

RSoxGuy wrote:
EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:hes a bitch and every team he ever played for were bitches. thats why he didnt have the rings and records.

work equals success

Single season TD record?

But yes, it was never a question of if his body could handle the pressure, it was always if his head could handle the pressure.

First ballot HOF. Yup.

23 tds is nothing. all he did was run posts, corners, and go routes. he didnt bare the load.

I am not saying he is a bad player but we are giving him too much credit because he was tall and could go up and get a ball. there were more receivers who were more impressive without the stats. sterling sharpe was a better receiver and if he hadnt hurt his neck he would be in the hall

hall of fame? eh. I cant really say we should throw him in automatically. He was greatly benefited by parts around him

chris carter helped, having tom brady, randall cunningham, moon, etc. being in the run and shoot offense in minnesota helped same with new england

i just cant be too sure.

let me marinate on his career like a chicken and see how i feel later on but as of now? not too sure
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray August 1st 2011, 6:23 pm

It's a shame, I would have liked to see him at least break the 15,000 yard mark in his career, maybe even reach over 1000 receptions. A team will probably take a shot at him, I can see him back in the league
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB August 2nd 2011, 1:48 am

LOL @ 23 TDs is nothing.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 August 2nd 2011, 2:15 am

SteelersJMB wrote:LOL @ 23 TDs is nothing.

I agree... cause dozens have gotten more since then lol
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 2nd 2011, 9:41 am

tubbs51 wrote:

marvin harrison had 140 something catches one year. LT as a running back had 100 catches. Rodger craig had a 1000, 1000 year

Some years have statistic anomalies. 23 TDs arent absolutely nothing but most of those TDs were just tom brady chucking it up and letting the tall black guy catch it.

It wasnt impressive to me as it was to you. He put forth no effort over the long haul of his career so why should we put a rebounding center in?
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest August 5th 2011, 9:04 am

I think Randy Moss is a Hall of famer.

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 August 5th 2011, 1:49 pm

The-Sporty-Hero wrote:I think Randy Moss is a Hall of famer.
I agree Laughing
ccdog23
ccdog23

Street Cred : 113

Back to top Go down

Post  legendkiller716 August 5th 2011, 5:00 pm

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:

marvin harrison had 140 something catches one year. LT as a running back had 100 catches. Rodger craig had a 1000, 1000 year

Some years have statistic anomalies. 23 TDs arent absolutely nothing but most of those TDs were just tom brady chucking it up and letting the tall black guy catch it.

It wasnt impressive to me as it was to you. He put forth no effort over the long haul of his career so why should we put a rebounding center in?

How did he put forth no effort? Tom Brady was the only good QB he ever had, and that inspired him to play harder. 1 season with Brady and they both break records, not a coincidence. If Moss played with Brady his whole career, he'd be number 1 in every record book. Instead he played with bums like Cullpepper, Brad Johnson, Matt Cassel, Kerry Collins. Moss should have bit his tongue and stayed in NE this year, and he'd probably have more records.

Moss is a Hall of Famer, no doubt in my mind. I think he should be first ballot, but seeing some guys thay passed over on that honor, I wouldn't be suprised if he didn't get in year one.

Also, I would be surprised if he wasn't on the field this year.
legendkiller716
legendkiller716

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 5th 2011, 7:49 pm

how is culpepper a bum, till he hurt his knee, he had the 3rd most yards in one year

brad johnson won a super bowl with an average running game and gruden as the head coach

matt cassel went 11-5 and almost got them to the playoffs

kerry collins could be a hall of famer him self just on stats alone
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ August 5th 2011, 7:54 pm

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:

ehhhh, not buying that one...when i hear Kerry Collins name and the HOF in the same sentence i immediatly think he recently took a tour of it.
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 5th 2011, 7:57 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:

ehhhh, not buying that one...when i hear Kerry Collins name and the HOF in the same sentence i immediatly think he recently took a tour of it.

he wasnt a flashy QB. thats why. same with chandler and george. they were average and put up good numbers but were never marino numbers or had montana type wins.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  legendkiller716 August 5th 2011, 8:41 pm

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:how is culpepper a bum, till he hurt his knee, he had the 3rd most yards in one year

brad johnson won a super bowl with an average running game and gruden as the head coach

I'm actually a Cullpepper fan, but all he had was a big arm and a little mobility. Without Randy Moss, Cullpepper and Jamarcus Russel are the same guy

Brad Johnson won a Superbowl the same way Trent Dilfer did. He was dragged by his defense kicking and screaming.

Matt Cassel did play decent, but that was in large part to having Welker and Moss at his disposal.

Kerry Collins should be in the Hall Of Fame?!?! I don't know why I even typed a response because it is now clear you have never watched football before in your life.

......Kerry Collins in the Hall Of Fame.....maybe he'll get a job cleaning up at night....
legendkiller716
legendkiller716

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 5th 2011, 9:07 pm

legendkiller716 wrote:
EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:how is culpepper a bum, till he hurt his knee, he had the 3rd most yards in one year

I'm actually a Cullpepper fan, but all he had was a big arm and a little mobility. Without Randy Moss, Cullpepper and Jamarcus Russel are the same guy

Brad Johnson won a Superbowl the same way Trent Dilfer did. He was dragged by his defense kicking and screaming.

Matt Cassel did play decent, but that was in large part to having Welker and Moss at his disposal.

Kerry Collins should be in the Hall Of Fame?!?! I don't know why I even typed a response because it is now clear you have never watched football before in your life.

......Kerry Collins in the Hall Of Fame.....maybe he'll get a job cleaning up at night....

yes, i never watched over the 4 years i played in high school, my now college career going into the 2nd year, and i dont know how long i played before that.

kerry collins didnt fuck shit up with the exception of his only super bowl appearance as a starter. after his trouble off the field in carolina he got his shit together. he had a long career and played pretty well for pretty bad teams.

dilfer and johnson werent dragged by their defense, they were told to not fuck shit up. dont throw picks and dont fumble.

they won games
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  legendkiller716 August 5th 2011, 11:21 pm

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:
they won games

Vince Young wins games. Is he a Hall Of Famer. Nope.
legendkiller716
legendkiller716

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 5th 2011, 11:23 pm

legendkiller716 wrote:
EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:
they won games

is he retired yet? no

who knows where he will be when he calls it a career.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  legendkiller716 August 6th 2011, 12:00 am

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:
legendkiller716 wrote:
EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:
they won games

is he retired yet? no

If Kerry Collins, Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer or Vince Young make the Hall Of Fame, I promise you I will fly to where ever it is you live and apologize to your face. Winning games doesn't make you a HOFer. You have to be special. You have to do something others can't. Moss did that. He reinvented the deep ball. He is in the top 5 of so many record books. Yeah, he half asses it sometimes, but he is still one of the best. He will be in the hall one day. Like I said, I don't think it will be first ballot, but he will be there.
legendkiller716
legendkiller716

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 6th 2011, 12:05 am

legendkiller716 wrote:
EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:
legendkiller716 wrote:
EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:
they won games

is he retired yet? no

If Kerry Collins, Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer or Vince Young make the Hall Of Fame, I promise you I will fly to where ever it is you live and apologize to your face. Winning games doesn't make you a HOFer. You have to be special. You have to do something others can't. Moss did that. He reinvented the deep ball. He is in the top 5 of so many record books. Yeah, he half asses it sometimes, but he is still one of the best. He will be in the hall one day. Like I said, I don't think it will be first ballot, but he will be there.

winning games and playing hard put namath in the hall. his stats werent overly impressive for their time. guy threw more ints than tds, only played 13 seasons, but he won games. 1st afc super bowl win, he beat the raiders a bunch of time during their great years
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant August 6th 2011, 6:08 am

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:
legendkiller716 wrote:
EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:
legendkiller716 wrote:
EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:
they won games

is he retired yet? no

winning games and playing hard put namath in the hall. his stats werent overly impressive for their time. guy threw more ints than tds, only played 13 seasons, but he won games. 1st afc super bowl win, he beat the raiders a bunch of time during their great years

Niether was Terry Bradshaw. He only had 4 more TDs (214) than INTs (210). The thing is that he played for a team who won 4 Super Bowls in the 1970s. If he'd have played for the Bills or one of the other weaker NFL teams in those days, I doubt he'd have got in.

If you ONLY look at stats, none of the 1970s QBs should be in the Hall because they weren't the driving force in a teams offense. Football in the 1970s was very run-heavy - OJ Simpson, Franco Harris, that dude who played for the Cowboys (forgot his name, busted out a few years later). That's why guys like Bradshaw, Griese, Namath, etc all have terrible TD to INT ratios. It's like 170 TDs to 145 INTs for their 13-14 year careers or something similar.

But they're in the hall for some reason. They win. Bradshaw has 4 Super Bowl rings, Griese was part of the only team to go unbeaten in a season (14-0). You can't keep those guys out of the Hall no matter how terrible their career TDs or fumbles might be.
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant August 6th 2011, 6:34 am

What I'm trying to say is that stats aren't everything especially when it comes to the Hall.

Team achievements also count. If Vince Young is the starter for the Browns team in 2014 who go 16-0 and win the Super Bowl then he will be in the Hall of Fame no matter what his career stats were like.

And anyway, if stats are so important, how come there's no Kickers in the Hall? How do you determine whether a Tackle or Guard get in when there's no real definative individual stats for the offensive line players?
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 August 6th 2011, 6:52 am

im sorry but did you say dilfer won games when we won the SB Shocked

TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant August 6th 2011, 7:01 am

TRU11 wrote:im sorry but did you say dilfer won games when we won the SB Shocked

They could have had me at QB and they'd still have won.

That was the best defense ever to set foot on a football field. 10 points a game was about as much as you could get against it.....if you were lucky.

Didn't they win the Super Bowl after only letting in 165 points ALL season (18 games)?
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 6th 2011, 10:52 am

Mutant wrote:
TRU11 wrote:im sorry but did you say dilfer won games when we won the SB Shocked

They could have had me at QB and they'd still have won.

That was the best defense ever to set foot on a football field. 10 points a game was about as much as you could get against it.....if you were lucky.

Didn't they win the Super Bowl after only letting in 165 points ALL season (18 games)?

thats why dilfer replaced tony banks. he obviously helped them do something on offense because banks wasnt
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next