Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

So Whos F'd?

+3
Soarindude02
EPICxPENGUIN69
MaddMatter
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So Whos F'd? Empty So Whos F'd?

Post  MaddMatter September 18th 2011, 7:15 pm

Big East looks like their done for and Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas A&M all want out of the Big 12, Fucking Aye. Man shits gonna get nuts in the next few years. TCU is fucked because they're suppose to go to the Big East next year, FUCKED!

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

So Whos F'd? Empty Re: So Whos F'd?

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 September 18th 2011, 9:40 pm

ok so here is how i think it will shake out.

so the big10 has 12 teams
acc will have 14
sec depending how A&M has 13
mac has 13
pac has 12
big east will go from 9 to 7
wac has 7
mwc has 7
sun belt has 10
cusa has 12

that is as of right now

i think TCU will step back from the big east and some how end up with texas, i truely believe that all of the texas schools will stay together, big12 or not i just feel texas, tcu, baylor, tech, and if they are smart SMU will be in a conference together along with oklahoma and ok state

what makes me angry is 2 biproducts of all this conference bullshit
1. college basketball is getting fucked
2. what the fuck is with the regional conferences? texas in the ATLANTIC COASTal conference, missouri in the SOUTH EASTERN conference, it is just retarded.

just have your 12 team conferences that are local, you dont need to be putting far away schools together. it is like how the arizona cardnials were in the NFC east up until 2003? (idk) its stupid and ridiculous amount of travel
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 September 20th 2011, 4:51 pm

*Prays that FSU doesn't go to the SEC.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 September 20th 2011, 5:24 pm

Everybody's effed cause the Hokies are gonna curbstomp all ya'll's asses
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 September 20th 2011, 5:31 pm

Soarindude02 wrote:*Prays that FSU doesn't go to the SEC.

now that the acc is 14 going to be 16 possibly, unlikely.

the more i see these moves the more i believe 16 teams will be small. i can see 4 20-team conferences in the acc, big east (to over compensate), big 10 (will have 20), pac 12 (20 teams) and the sec will remain 12 because the texas anm sitch is getting ugly
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden September 20th 2011, 7:08 pm

I dont like all this movement. What it will eventually come down to is a lot of weird uneven, non-regional conferences and in a few years the Big East and Big 12 will be dead and I think there will be 4, 16 team super conferences and the non-BCS conferences will be in deep shit again, thus making it difficult for any possible Boise State-like team in the future. (not boise state, a bad team in a bad conference that rises on the national scene after greatly improving)
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 September 20th 2011, 8:15 pm

Thadden wrote:I dont like all this movement. What it will eventually come down to is a lot of weird uneven, non-regional conferences and in a few years the Big East and Big 12 will be dead and I think there will be 4, 16 team super conferences and the non-BCS conferences will be in deep shit again, thus making it difficult for any possible Boise State-like team in the future. (not boise state, a bad team in a bad conference that rises on the national scene after greatly improving)

all i hear from this is that this will lead to schools paying players which is stupid. you pay for their education and their cars and shit? retarded
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 September 20th 2011, 8:17 pm

All I know is they keep saying all this movement is making a playoff scenario more and more likely, and if that happens I think all of it will be worth it. The bowl system is the dumbest postseason in all of sports.
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 September 20th 2011, 8:29 pm

HOKIESRAWESUM93 wrote:All I know is they keep saying all this movement is making a playoff scenario more and more likely, and if that happens I think all of it will be worth it. The bowl system is the dumbest postseason in all of sports.

they are wrong because if they put a play off in it would fuck up the amount of money they are "gaining" by doing this conference bullshit. If anything, making the conferences bigger will only further enforce this dichotomy in the post season between the haves and have nots instead of the best teams play each other
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ September 20th 2011, 8:55 pm

I could care less about college ball, i used to love it alot until i started to realize that EVERYBODY gets paid except the players, and they are the people with the most to lose in the grand scheme of things...i mean u got some kids trying to live on a couple hundred dollars a month and these schools have multi-million dollar bowl contracts and the HC's usually making close or mor than a million a season....blah
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 September 20th 2011, 9:13 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:I could care less about college ball, i used to love it alot until i started to realize that EVERYBODY gets paid except the players, and they are the people with the most to lose in the grand scheme of things...i mean u got some kids trying to live on a couple hundred dollars a month and these schools have multi-million dollar bowl contracts and the HC's usually making close or mor than a million a season....blah

only people pocketing money are the tv people and thats just from advertising.

coaches salaries pay for assistants and GA's

all profits the schools make go INTO the school and other athletic programs.*

*example: Notre Dame's football season makes enough money from tickets, merch, and TV contracts to pay for every other sport AND free study abroad for students and something else I forget.

People who are advocating paying players are giving players cash but taking so much away from other programs. it is student athlete not athlete who is forced to go to class and shit. It is remarkable how stupid people are.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ September 21st 2011, 7:08 am

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:I could care less about college ball, i used to love it alot until i started to realize that EVERYBODY gets paid except the players, and they are the people with the most to lose in the grand scheme of things...i mean u got some kids trying to live on a couple hundred dollars a month and these schools have multi-million dollar bowl contracts and the HC's usually making close or mor than a million a season....blah

*example: Notre Dame's football season makes enough money from tickets, merch, and TV contracts to pay for every other sport AND free study abroad for students and something else I forget.

People who are advocating paying players are giving players cash but taking so much away from other programs. it is student athlete not athlete who is forced to go to class and shit. It is remarkable how stupid people are.

well, i might be stupid but IF all that cash was going into the school and giving everybody "FREE" programs and shit, why does it cost almost 40 grand a semester to enroll? bounce
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 September 21st 2011, 11:02 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:

well, i might be stupid but IF all that cash was going into the school and giving everybody "FREE" programs and shit, why does it cost almost 40 grand a semester to enroll? bounce

not everyone is paying 40 gs though. there is scholarships, grants, sub and unsub loans. tuition is getting higher and higher because of two things. 1, the cost of living ON campus is going up and 2, the amount of money the school gets from the government.

The bigger the school becomes the more students the more money you gotta put INTO the university. Tuition at my school went up more than 50gs to live on campus. I am lucky enough to have an apartment and because of academic scholarships i pay almost nothing except about 4000 a YEAR and for books.

should athletes get more compensation? possibly. Should we just out and out pay them? no. If we pay athlete we already take a unfair, uneven, and unequal system and make the gap between the Miamis, Notre Dames, Texas', and Floridas and the Toledos, Western Kentucky, UCF, and Idaho even larger than it already is.

there are 120 FBS schools, 150 FCS schools, D2 and D3 combined about another 400. I may play a level of sports where I dont recieve a scholarship but my friends anthony sarao plays at USC, marcus witherspoon at rutgers, joe sarnese at villanova. They dont want payment, they want books and food taken care of.

We should listen to ESPN or anchors or even the god damn coaches. I havent heard anyone ask current players as a whole how they feel. I can say if anyone did, they wouldnt get the answer of "i want a salary" they would just say they want a little bit more to pay for school.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ September 21st 2011, 3:42 pm

at the "big" schools most of the student athletes are there on scholorships with the high expectations of someday making it to the NFL, they are 1 play away from dashing all of those dreams and aspirations away...if they get any type of serious injury, thier NFL career outlook will be very bleak, why shouldnt they get compensated during the 4 years they are putting thier careers in jeopardy? and all this junk about "studying abroad" for FREE is ridiculous, there needs to be some sort of $$$ split somewhere, bottomline is these schools are making MEGA BUCKS off of the student athletes and penalizing them if they sell a dam pair of thier own pants
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant September 21st 2011, 4:17 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:at the "big" schools most of the student athletes are there on scholorships with the high expectations of someday making it to the NFL, they are 1 play away from dashing all of those dreams and aspirations away...if they get any type of serious injury, thier NFL career outlook will be very bleak, why shouldnt they get compensated during the 4 years they are putting thier careers in jeopardy? and all this junk about "studying abroad" for FREE is ridiculous, there needs to be some sort of $$$ split somewhere, bottomline is these schools are making MEGA BUCKS off of the student athletes and penalizing them if they sell a dam pair of thier own pants

A guy I knew on another site had his entire football career ended because he was hit by an over -zealous MLB in a PRACTICE game. Broke his leg in two places. He played Running Back and was pretty good from what he told me, could have made it far.

He also knew Chris Johnson.

But anyway, doesn't seem fair that colleges can offer scholarships to these kids to play brutal contact sport like football and then not do anything when they get hurt.
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 September 21st 2011, 4:19 pm

Mutant wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:at the "big" schools most of the student athletes are there on scholorships with the high expectations of someday making it to the NFL, they are 1 play away from dashing all of those dreams and aspirations away...if they get any type of serious injury, thier NFL career outlook will be very bleak, why shouldnt they get compensated during the 4 years they are putting thier careers in jeopardy? and all this junk about "studying abroad" for FREE is ridiculous, there needs to be some sort of $$$ split somewhere, bottomline is these schools are making MEGA BUCKS off of the student athletes and penalizing them if they sell a dam pair of thier own pants

A guy I knew on another site had his entire football career ended because he was hit by an over -zealous MLB in a PRACTICE game. Broke his leg in two places. He played Running Back and was pretty good from what he told me, could have made it far.

But anyway, doesn't seem fair that colleges can offer scholarships to these kids to play brutal contact sport like football and then not do anything when they get hurt.

that i do agree with. if you are offered an athletic scholarship, it should pay for your time at the university so long as you play willingly, if you are hurt you still get money. only case where you dont recieve the money is where you just say "i dont wanna play no more"
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant September 21st 2011, 4:24 pm

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
Mutant wrote:

that i do agree with. if you are offered an athletic scholarship, it should pay for your time at the university so long as you play willingly, if you are hurt you still get money. only case where you dont recieve the money is where you just say "i dont wanna play no more"

What if you have a career ending injury whilst playing at college level and can never play again?

Does the money/scholarship get taken away?
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 September 21st 2011, 5:22 pm

Mutant wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
Mutant wrote:

What if you have a career ending injury whilst playing at college level and can never play again?

as of now youre fucked. in the way it should be, you should keep the scholarship. eric legrand doesnt have scholarship money anymore
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant September 21st 2011, 5:29 pm

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
Mutant wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
Mutant wrote:

as of now youre fucked. in the way it should be, you should keep the scholarship. eric legrand doesnt have scholarship money anymore

Is he the guy who was paralyzed after a head-to-head collusion against Army? Or did he play for Army? Or was it Navy? Can't remember...

If so, that sucks. That rule needs to change.
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden September 21st 2011, 7:00 pm

Mutant wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
Mutant wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
Mutant wrote:

Is he the guy who was paralyzed after a head-to-head collusion against Army? Or did he play for Army? Or was it Navy? Can't remember...

Played for Rutgers dont know who he was against
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 September 21st 2011, 10:31 pm

Thadden wrote:
Mutant wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
Mutant wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
Mutant wrote:

it was army.

nother cog in the engine of paying player. the military academies. all people who go to west point, annapolis, or where ever in colorado the air force academy is completely free. if you play a sport or not, everything is free at school with the exception of books and uniforms.

people arent thinking before they say conference expansion and paying players.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ September 21st 2011, 11:21 pm

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
Thadden wrote:
Mutant wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
Mutant wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
Mutant wrote:

it was army.

nother cog in the engine of paying player. the military academies. all people who go to west point, annapolis, or where ever in colorado the air force academy is completely free. if you play a sport or not, everything is free at school with the exception of books and uniforms.

people arent thinking before they say conference expansion and paying players.

the National Gaurd Academys are free because at any given moment that player can be told he cant play football and then get shipped overseas to be shot up by terrorists, nobody is doing that at Notre Dame or Ohio State
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 September 21st 2011, 11:44 pm

listen. college football is not a professional sport. no one is making millions of kids. the NCAA isnt pocketing money from this.

only 2 parties make money for profit from this. The TV people who sell advertising space for games and the BCS and bowls.

you want a true non profit system of college football? playoff system and regional conferences to ease travel expenses.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ September 22nd 2011, 2:54 am

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:listen. college football is not a professional sport. no one is making millions of kids. the NCAA isnt pocketing money from this.

only 2 parties make money for profit from this. The TV people who sell advertising space for games and the BCS and bowls.

you want a true non profit system of college football? playoff system and regional conferences to ease travel expenses.

i really do not know where you get any of your info from, each team that wins a Bowl game gets millions of dollars...heres an example of that..

current bowl games

"Besides BCS games, there are a number of other postseason invitationals. Generally, two conferences will agree to send teams of a particular standing to a game beforehand. For instance, the Rose Bowl traditionally features the Big Ten and Pac-10 conference champions. Generally, the payout to the participating teams in a Bowl Game is closely correlated to its prestige. For comparison, each of the BCS bowls (including the National Championship) has a payout of $18 million."

18 MILLION FUCKING DOLLARS to the SCHOOL/TEAM !!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_college_bowl_games
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 September 22nd 2011, 3:03 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:listen. college football is not a professional sport. no one is making millions of kids. the NCAA isnt pocketing money from this.

i really do not know where you get any of your info from, each team that wins a Bowl game gets millions of dollars...heres an example of that..

current bowl games

"Besides BCS games, there are a number of other postseason invitationals. Generally, two conferences will agree to send teams of a particular standing to a game beforehand. For instance, the Rose Bowl traditionally features the Big Ten and Pac-10 conference champions. Generally, the payout to the participating teams in a Bowl Game is closely correlated to its prestige. For comparison, each of the BCS bowls (including the National Championship) has a payout of $18 million."

18 MILLION FUCKING DOLLARS to the SCHOOL/TEAM !!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_college_bowl_games

wikipedia only has two subject matters that are creditable on its site. comic books and famous people.

The whole system is designed where the money from football pays for the schools other sports and stuff or put away for later stuff like renovations or what ever.

to think that there is people with fuck loads of money laughing saying "we really fucked them" is insane

the conference shifts is more about securing funds instead of increasing them

if guys want to get paid for football, you can go to canada because they dont have the 3 year rule or you can leave college your junior year. if you wanna get paid after you play football, you stay in school and get a real degree not what is the easiest major. to be arrogant enough to believe you can make enough money to live until you are 60 or 70 just on money you make as an athlete is retarded.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next