Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Whos your "Sleeper" or Unknown Draft Pick?

2 posters

Go down

Whos your "Sleeper" or Unknown Draft Pick? Empty Whos your "Sleeper" or Unknown Draft Pick?

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ February 4th 2012, 2:06 pm

I was checking some sites featuring the lesser unknowns of the Draft that may not be taken until the later rounds and stumbled upon this "diamond in the rough"...

He hails from some school in God knows where, and he just might be the best prospect you've ever seen. Maybe this is some hyperbolic shit I'm talkin. Maybe it is. Maybe. But if you tell me this kid isn't the total package, then I'm gonna slap your momma. Because this dude... is the truth. Yeah yeah, I can hear your weak ass now, "Level of competition... LEVEL OF COMPETITION!!!" Calm down... Relax. Chill out and just watch him... Just... watch.
Prototypical size. High level of athleticism is undeniable. Superb change of direction. Extremely violent hands. A bountiful array of pass rushing moves so refined, so polished, that if they were rocks they'd be precious stones. Highly rev'd, very tenacious. Instinctive. Displays a nasty disposition.So its pretty safe to assume that he's not the product of some genius coach out there. Nope, there's a different sort of genius at play here. A natural sort of genius. It all came together for this kid for some odd reason. Perfect size, athleticism, intelligence, intuition, motor... its all there. It just came to him naturally.

Its almost as if God, upon his birth, whispered in his ear, "Pass Rusher." And so it was, is, and will be....

All Hail Adrian Hamilton

6'3 250lbs 4.5 forty and he got 20.5 Sacks last year!!!!

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Whos your "Sleeper" or Unknown Draft Pick? Empty Re: Whos your "Sleeper" or Unknown Draft Pick?

Post  Thadden February 4th 2012, 3:23 pm

I have to admit, Im really skeptical about this. There is some good footage but most of it is too hard to see anything really. 255 isnt ideal for a pass rusher (its not terrible, but a bit on the small side). Im sorry to say it but you do haveto look at the level of competition. I'll wish him the best of luck but most of his moves were speed rushes where he just beat tackle to the QB. Pro tackles are much faster. He did over power the players at times as well but I dont know how well that'll translate to the NFL. I'd definetly take him in the late rounds to see if he can adapt but Im certainly skeptical.

He was tearing them apart though.
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Whos your "Sleeper" or Unknown Draft Pick? Empty Re: Whos your "Sleeper" or Unknown Draft Pick?

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ February 4th 2012, 3:42 pm

Thadden wrote:I have to admit, Im really skeptical about this. There is some good footage but most of it is too hard to see anything really. 255 isnt ideal for a pass rusher (its not terrible, but a bit on the small side). Im sorry to say it but you do haveto look at the level of competition. I'll wish him the best of luck but most of his moves were speed rushes where he just beat tackle to the QB. Pro tackles are much faster. He did over power the players at times as well but I dont know how well that'll translate to the NFL. I'd definetly take him in the late rounds to see if he can adapt but Im certainly skeptical.

Im skeptical as well, but for a late rounder ( 5th and later) I think he could definetly add some competition on any LB corps in the NFL..also being 6'3 255lbs is basically perfect size for an OLB, i believe Cushing ( 253lbs ),Mathews ( 245lbs ) and even Terrell Suggs ( 260lbs ) are that size...he does have a few moves which you can see in the video, like his Spin Move( Dwight Freeney) and Bull Rush ( Terrell Suggs) and also he seemed to have a good eye for where the ball was and play was heading...Im not saying this guy will be the next superstar but I think he deserves at least a shot, I mean in several instances you can see his power when he simply plows thru O Lineman, those guys are 300lbs + ...just someone to keep an eye on next year and who knows, he may get a chance and all of a sudden shock everyone with some great plays like Elvis Dumervil did when he was drafted.
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden February 4th 2012, 3:50 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
Thadden wrote:I have to admit, Im really skeptical about this. There is some good footage but most of it is too hard to see anything really. 255 isnt ideal for a pass rusher (its not terrible, but a bit on the small side). Im sorry to say it but you do haveto look at the level of competition. I'll wish him the best of luck but most of his moves were speed rushes where he just beat tackle to the QB. Pro tackles are much faster. He did over power the players at times as well but I dont know how well that'll translate to the NFL. I'd definetly take him in the late rounds to see if he can adapt but Im certainly skeptical.

Im skeptical as well, but for a late rounder ( 5th and later) I think he could definetly add some competition on any LB corps in the NFL..also being 6'3 255lbs is basically perfect size for an OLB, i believe Cushing ( 253lbs ),Mathews ( 245lbs ) and even Terrell Suggs ( 260lbs ) are that size...he does have a few moves which you can see in the video, like his Spin Move( Dwight Freeney) and Bull Rush ( Terrell Suggs) and also he seemed to have a good eye for where the ball was and play was heading...Im not saying this guy will be the next superstar but I think he deserves at least a shot, I mean in several instances you can see his power when he simply plows thru O Lineman, those guys are 300lbs + ...just someone to keep an eye on next year and who knows, he may get a chance and all of a sudden shock everyone with some great plays like Elvis Dumervil did when he was drafted.
I meant 255 for an end. A bit small. 3-4 OLB could probably complement his skills nicely. Picking him is definetly worth it as long as its late.
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down