Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Revis to Holdout?

+2
ccdog23
MaddMatter
6 posters

Go down

Revis to Holdout?  Empty Revis to Holdout?

Post  MaddMatter June 14th 2012, 3:29 am

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/13/jets-have-only-themselves-to-blame-for-revis-situation/

Ok seriously? I want to hear Puppetz opinion on this. I will admit Revis is a GREAT player, but seriously? You signed the fucking contract, if you didn't like the way it was set up, then why the fuck did you sign it.

32 million in two years isn't enough for you Darrell? Are you kidding me? I actually didn't mind Revis and respected the shit out of the way he played, but doing this bullshit really makes me lose respect for the guy. If I were the Jets I would have to think about trading him, I don't think that this day in age with QB's passing for thousands and thousands of yards, you can't have so much money put into 1 CB, I would seriously consider trading Revis for a 1st round and a 3rd round, or something along the lines of that, take the money Revis was going to hold out for and go get a couple other players, a CB to "replace" Revis, maybe try to spend and get a WR or something.

I don't know how the Jet's pass rush situation looks like, but I remember that 2 years ago they were pretty good and I know when you have a good/great pass rush you don't need top notch corners. Especially when you have a pretty good corner in Cromartie and another young corner in Kyle Wilson (hows he looking?).

This spoiled athlete bullshit pisses me off. Revis yes you are a great player, but you signed the contract and your making what 46 million in 4 years. CMON MAN!

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Revis to Holdout?  Empty Re: Revis to Holdout?

Post  ccdog23 June 14th 2012, 4:03 am

I always think that too when I see players holding out,I mean does a contract not mean anything anymore?You signed it,deal with it.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Street Cred : 113

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray June 14th 2012, 10:44 am

Remember when players played because they loved the game? Good times, goooooooood times
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter June 14th 2012, 4:12 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:Remember when players played because they loved the game? Good times, goooooooood times

Yeah they're the same players suing the NFL. Goood times, gooooood times.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 June 14th 2012, 4:32 pm

I dont know what masters opinion is but mine is revis is a good player but he is a bit stuck up. I feel his agent and himself are to blame. You remember the hardknocks on TV. The jets front office was "wtf, how do we sign this guy with out fucking up our cap situation"
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 June 14th 2012, 5:35 pm

I feel the jets fans pain, Ed Reeds pulling the same stuff now. He apparantly wants more money, when he has a year left on his contract. Play your contract out, THEN ask for more money in your next contract. You knew the details of your contract, if you want more money, then wahy didn you sign it in the firts place?
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ June 15th 2012, 12:59 am

OK, heres my take on the Revis situation...

on one hand I can understand his frustration, he wants to be paid as the BEST CB in the NFL every year IF he IS indeed the BEST CB in the NFL....he said time and time again that he doesnt care if he only makes $0.50 more than the HIGHEST paid guy, he just wants 50 cents more and he will be happy, I can understand that, if Nnamdi is making 13 million this season, Revis wants 13 million and 50 cents, its a mind game with him and numbers seriously matter, he doesnt say he wants Albert Haynesworth $$$, he just believes that IF he is the BEST then why not be paid the MOST? I agree with him in that aspect of this whole thing, he says he loves NY and wants to retire a Jet and lyada yada yada but also says that this is a business and he will do whats in HIS best interest ( make more money) ...my solution would be this, give Revis a "revolving" contract, pay him 50 cents MORE than the highest paid player for each individual season, I see that as the ONLY option the Jets have...and lets face it, if YOU or ME was in his position we would probably be doing the same thing, especially if a CB that gives up 5 TDs and 100 catches per season is getting a couple MILLION more than YOU are this year...

On the other hand, I would love to see the Jets trade his ass for a 1st round pick and a player to replace him...say Falcons 1st and Brent Grimes, or Bucs 1st and Aqib Talib...with Rex Ryans system I truly believe an average CB could become GREAT.

All in ALL, I say PAY THE MAN!!!! hes earned it and he does it year in and year out, make him the highest paid CB EVERY year and he will be happy.
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 June 15th 2012, 6:09 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:OK, heres my take on the Revis situation...

on one hand I can understand his frustration, he wants to be paid as the BEST CB in the NFL every year IF he IS indeed the BEST CB in the NFL....he said time and time again that he doesnt care if he only makes $0.50 more than the HIGHEST paid guy, he just wants 50 cents more and he will be happy, I can understand that, if Nnamdi is making 13 million this season, Revis wants 13 million and 50 cents, its a mind game with him and numbers seriously matter, he doesnt say he wants Albert Haynesworth $$$, he just believes that IF he is the BEST then why not be paid the MOST? I agree with him in that aspect of this whole thing, he says he loves NY and wants to retire a Jet and lyada yada yada but also says that this is a business and he will do whats in HIS best interest ( make more money) ...my solution would be this, give Revis a "revolving" contract, pay him 50 cents MORE than the highest paid player for each individual season, I see that as the ONLY option the Jets have...and lets face it, if YOU or ME was in his position we would probably be doing the same thing, especially if a CB that gives up 5 TDs and 100 catches per season is getting a couple MILLION more than YOU are this year...

On the other hand, I would love to see the Jets trade his ass for a 1st round pick and a player to replace him...say Falcons 1st and Brent Grimes, or Bucs 1st and Aqib Talib...with Rex Ryans system I truly believe an average CB could become GREAT.

All in ALL, I say PAY THE MAN!!!! hes earned it and he does it year in and year out, make him the highest paid CB EVERY year and he will be happy.

Not even Rex Ryan could help Frank Walker Smile

(If I recall Frank Walker was here when Rex was here, I could be wrong though)
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter June 15th 2012, 6:59 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:OK, heres my take on the Revis situation...

Not even Rex Ryan could help Frank Walker Smile

(If I recall Frank Walker was here when Rex was here, I could be wrong though)

NO ONE can help Travis Fischer.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 June 15th 2012, 7:16 pm

Its not that rex is a creative or crazy coach. unlike what espn and stuff says about his "crazy blitz schemes"

he has players play fundamentally sound. look at the jets corners, when they tackle, they wrap up because they fined if they dont.

also, his blitzes are pretty simple, if someone stays in to block, who ever is supposed to cover him, blitzes. throw in some cover 1 blitzes and some cover 0 blitzes, cut the fucking weeks game plan
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 June 16th 2012, 12:21 am

MaddMatter wrote:

I see your Travis Fischer,and raise you a Orlando Scandrick

Revis to Holdout?  76a9c68078a54d8c9b3e7a9f4f252a4c
ccdog23
ccdog23

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter June 16th 2012, 12:34 am

ccdog23 wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:

I see your Travis Fischer,and raise you a Orlando Scandrick

Revis to Holdout?  76a9c68078a54d8c9b3e7a9f4f252a4c

At least he was near the WR. Look up "Matt Ryan first NFL pass"

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 June 16th 2012, 12:49 am

MaddMatter wrote:
Bro,last year the Cowboys DBs were basically a banged up Mike Jenkins,the corpse of Terence Newman,Scandrick, and good ol fuckin Frank goddamn Walker.So suck it bitch.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 June 16th 2012, 8:30 am

ccdog23 wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:
Bro,last year the Cowboys DBs were basically a banged up Mike Jenkins,the corpse of Terence Newman,Scandrick, and good ol fuckin Frank goddamn Walker.So suck it bitch.

So thats where Frank Walker went, wow, I thought he was swtill either a FA or just retired....
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter June 16th 2012, 11:23 am

ccdog23 wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:

We had WR's playing CB in the Green Bay "Matt Flynn" Game!

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 June 16th 2012, 3:36 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
ccdog23 wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:

We had WR's playing CB in the Green Bay "Matt Flynn" Game!
Fuck,you got me there.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down