Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Revis vs Sherman!

+2
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MaddMatter
6 posters

Go down

Revis vs Sherman! Empty Revis vs Sherman!

Post  MaddMatter February 21st 2013, 1:49 pm

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/20/darrelle-revis-richard-sherman-runs-his-mouth-like-a-girl/

These two are acting like two high school girls going after the same guy lol High school drama in the NFL.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Revis vs Sherman! Empty Re: Revis vs Sherman!

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ February 21st 2013, 3:49 pm

Sherman had 1 "decent" season and he thinks hes the Greatest lol!

Revis was right with what he said, Sherman is walking around asking drunks on the street if Revis is better than him...Sherman is basically trying to convince everybody that hes on Revis' level, its quite laughable, how about putting together 3+ seasons with the lowest Completion % allowed in the NFL and at the SAME time, do it while covering the BEST WRs in the NFL!! ...Tubbs, please smack ya boy Revis vs Sherman! 3613497114
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  S February 21st 2013, 4:47 pm

Richard Sherman is too funny man lol
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 February 21st 2013, 6:32 pm

I saw this on NFL.com. ESPN. Cnn. and most recently my local news.

WHY IS THIS NEWS?!!?!?

I can get the NFL.com talking about it. there is no reason for this to be on TV. It is not that interesting.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter February 21st 2013, 6:33 pm

EPICx69 wrote:I saw this on NFL.com. ESPN. Cnn. and most recently my local news.

WHY IS THIS NEWS?!!?!?

I can get the NFL.com talking about it. there is no reason for this to be on TV. It is not that interesting.

Well then you post something in the NFL News area to spark a discussion.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 February 21st 2013, 6:42 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
EPICx69 wrote:I saw this on NFL.com. ESPN. Cnn. and most recently my local news.

WHY IS THIS NEWS?!!?!?

Well then you post something in the NFL News area to spark a discussion.

I am just saying. Twitter beef is really TV news worthy? Dont get me wrong, it is funny and makes revis look like a jerkoff. But shit son.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ February 21st 2013, 8:59 pm

EPICx69 wrote: Dont get me wrong, it is funny and makes revis look like a jerkoff. But shit son.

how does it make Revis look like a jerk? Revis is the BEST CB in the NFL and Sherman has 1 decent year and hasnt stopped babbling about how great he is, he even took it upon himself to have a campaign for people to acknowledge him, Sherman is an idiot, Revis is just stating the truth...Sherman IS trying to gain noteriety by comparing himself to Revis...if he wants to get noticed he needs to string together a few more years of solid play..
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 February 21st 2013, 10:19 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
EPICx69 wrote: Dont get me wrong, it is funny and makes revis look like a jerkoff. But shit son.

how does it make Revis look like a jerk? Revis is the BEST CB in the NFL and Sherman has 1 decent year and hasnt stopped babbling about how great he is, he even took it upon himself to have a campaign for people to acknowledge him, Sherman is an idiot, Revis is just stating the truth...Sherman IS trying to gain noteriety by comparing himself to Revis...if he wants to get noticed he needs to string together a few more years of solid play..

because revis talked about twitter followers the whole time
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ February 21st 2013, 10:26 pm

EPICx69 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

Revis was trying to make a point and in this day and age where Twitter is "HUGE" and for Sherman to be a virtual "unknown" its kinda funny..and true
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 February 22nd 2013, 4:44 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
EPICx69 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

Revis was trying to make a point and in this day and age where Twitter is "HUGE" and for Sherman to be a virtual "unknown" its kinda funny..and true

well sherman has a point when he says that in his 2 seasons he almost already have the same stats are revis in 5 seasons lol.

revis has 1 sack 3 FF 5 FR and 19 picks in 5 seasons
Sherman has 1sack 4 FF 1 FR and 12 picks in 2 season.

there isent much difference stats wise like sherman said lol
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  S February 22nd 2013, 4:12 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
EPICx69 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

Sherman is definitely not a "virtual unknown".
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ February 22nd 2013, 5:14 pm

TRU11 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
EPICx69 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

well sherman has a point when he says that in his 2 seasons he almost already have the same stats are revis in 5 seasons lol.

revis has 1 sack 3 FF 5 FR and 19 picks in 5 seasons
Sherman has 1sack 4 FF 1 FR and 12 picks in 2 season.

there isent much difference stats wise like sherman said lol

Sherman is trying to make it seem like INTs are the only stat that matters for a CB, that is the WORST way to determine how good a CB is...there are a TON of CBs in the NFL that have more INTs than Revis does, does that mean they are better than him? HELL NO...until Sherman can follow the oppositions BEST WR around the field and shut him down CONSISTENTLY, he shouldnt even mention the word "great" and himself in the same sentence. lets see how he does next year and then make some comparisons.
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 February 23rd 2013, 2:03 am

he did that to Both Megatron and larry Fitz. and quite frankly he'd probably lock Andre down too. To be honest i hope if Revis gets traded to a team Seattle plays just so i can see Sherman line up as a WR and burn Revis.

Revis is a great CB but i'd list him and sherman as 1a and 1b. Thing is Sherman is mentally exhausting on WRs and Qbs. He doesnt just get into opposing player's heads, he buys a goddamn vacation house in the player's head.

Its unorthadox but it gets the job done and ultimately turnovers make the difference and Sherman makes a HUGE difference. Yes Revis has a lower targeted percentage (by single digits mind you) but its also Sherman's 2nd year in the NFL and first full year. The guy was just as good in 2011 though as well. I'm not saying Sherman is better than Revis but its going to be interesting to see how Revis acts when or if he gets traded. Thing i dont like about Revis is the fact that he literally demands a increase in his salary nearly every year and it gets annoying. Yes i realize the Seahawks may have to deal with a similar situation in the next few years.

Overall i dont mind the jarring because it adds more excitement and entertainment to the game.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ February 23rd 2013, 3:08 am

tubbs51 wrote:he did that to Both Megatron and larry Fitz. and quite frankly he'd probably lock Andre down too. To be honest i hope if Revis gets traded to a team Seattle plays just so i can see Sherman line up as a WR and burn Revis.

Revis is a great CB but i'd list him and sherman as 1a and 1b. Thing is Sherman is mentally exhausting on WRs and Qbs. He doesnt just get into opposing player's heads, he buys a goddamn vacation house in the player's head.

Its unorthadox but it gets the job done and ultimately turnovers make the difference and Sherman makes a HUGE difference. Yes Revis has a lower targeted percentage (by single digits mind you) but its also Sherman's 2nd year in the NFL and first full year. The guy was just as good in 2011 though as well. I'm not saying Sherman is better than Revis but its going to be interesting to see how Revis acts when or if he gets traded. Thing i dont like about Revis is the fact that he literally demands a increase in his salary nearly every year and it gets annoying. Yes i realize the Seahawks may have to deal with a similar situation in the next few years.

Overall i dont mind the jarring because it adds more excitement and entertainment to the game.

Look, Im NOT saying that Sherman isnt a good CB...what Im saying is that hes blowing himself out of proportion...sure he had 1 good year, ONE!!! he needs to play out his rookie contract and then reminice on what hes accomplished, then start blabbing about how great he is and how much $$$$ he deserves, you dont do this kind of shit after 1 good season , especially without a track record of any type of accomplishments in the past...revis at least waited until he had the BEST statical season EVER recorded by a CB in NFL HISTORY before he whined about more ca$h...think Suspect
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 February 23rd 2013, 6:11 am

I under stand. Its his personality. He's hilarious at times, annoying at others, but the guy has played pretty fantastically. I loved how he baited Tommy to throw that INT to him. I dont mind players that talk a big game as long as they can back it up properly. Which Sherman has. Now he's never said he was better than Revis. He's said his stats are comparable and two of the best CBs in his opinion this last year were Browner and Cromartie but when prompted why he didnt say Revis he explained that Revis wasnt mentioned due to the injury but that he would have been there had he not been injured.

I know it sounds like i'm defending Sherman but quite frankly idgaf. Sherman is a great CB thats young and bursting with potential especially considering he was a 5th round draft pick. 31 teams whiffed on him not once but 4 times and in certain teams cases as many as 5 times in that draft. The dude plays with the biggest chip ever on his shoulder.

If you dont like Sherman's personality then dont read stories about him or the fun he has off the field.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ February 23rd 2013, 10:26 pm

tubbs51 wrote:I under stand. Its his personality. He's hilarious at times, annoying at others, but the guy has played pretty fantastically. I loved how he baited Tommy to throw that INT to him. I dont mind players that talk a big game as long as they can back it up properly. Which Sherman has. Now he's never said he was better than Revis. He's said his stats are comparable and two of the best CBs in his opinion this last year were Browner and Cromartie but when prompted why he didnt say Revis he explained that Revis wasnt mentioned due to the injury but that he would have been there had he not been injured.

I know it sounds like i'm defending Sherman but quite frankly idgaf. Sherman is a great CB thats young and bursting with potential especially considering he was a 5th round draft pick. 31 teams whiffed on him not once but 4 times and in certain teams cases as many as 5 times in that draft. The dude plays with the biggest chip ever on his shoulder.

If you dont like Sherman's personality then dont read stories about him or the fun he has off the field.

hey man, i LIKE Sherman...I think hes done a great job at his position for 1 season, lets hope he keeps it up and becomes a predominatley Shut Down CB for the SeaCocks for the next 10 years..hes on the right track, but tooting his own horn so early in his career can only lead to distractions in the future...what happens if next year, teams target him 180+ times like they did Revis in 2009 and Sherman gives up 120 catches on those targets ( Revis gave up 41) ..all Im saying is he needs to THINK before he runs his pie-hole ...hes definetly got my respect for his great season, but he wont have it 100% until he does it consistently...just like alot of these QBs that have "won" a Superbowl, you never hear from them again or their careers just flame out to nothing..examples would be Jeff Hostettler,Jay Schroeder,Trent Dilfer etc etc..1 season doesnt make you GREAT Revis vs Sherman! 2018410243
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 February 26th 2013, 3:31 am

I agree.

The guy acts like its him vs the world and i have the utmost confidence that he'll continue to get better and play at a consistently elite basis. I do look forward to any possible Revis vs Sherman convos in the future if Sherman does play as good as he and I expect him to.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter February 26th 2013, 10:33 am

tubbs51 wrote:he did that to Both Megatron and larry Fitz. and quite frankly he'd probably lock Andre down too. To be honest i hope if Revis gets traded to a team Seattle plays just so i can see Sherman line up as a WR and burn Revis.

But um....oh never mind, he won't take his Seahawks glasses off.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ February 26th 2013, 9:23 pm

MaddMatter wrote:

exactly...in those 3 games that the SeaCocks faced the Lions and Cardinals last season, the SeaCocks LOST 2 of them scratch ...also Megatron had 3 rec 46 yards ( against Revis, Megatron only had 1 catch 11 yards ) and against the Cardinals Fitz had a total of 5 catches 65 yards ( Revis was injured and didnt play in last years matchup vs the Cardinals but Fitz had 1 catch for 23 yards ) study
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 February 27th 2013, 7:13 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:

exactly...in those 3 games that the SeaCocks faced the Lions and Cardinals last season, the SeaCocks LOST 2 of them scratch ...also Megatron had 3 rec 46 yards ( against Revis, Megatron only had 1 catch 11 yards ) and against the Cardinals Fitz had a total of 5 catches 65 yards ( Revis was injured and didnt play in last years matchup vs the Cardinals but Fitz had 1 catch for 23 yards ) study

you should work for a politician or something because you present stats in a way that makes people lean toward your side but without actually saying something people can clearly understand.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter February 27th 2013, 10:09 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:

I was going to say that Sherman didn't play man-to-man on Megatron all day. Hell Sherman got beat by Titus Young. Although, Young is a Hall of Fame player, so I guess that isn't a big deal.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down