Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Week 17 - The Playoffs....are coming...

+4
BaltRavensFan20
EPICxPENGUIN69
Willbacker
S
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Week 17 - The Playoffs....are coming... Empty Week 17 - The Playoffs....are coming...

Post  S December 27th 2013, 1:58 pm

Romo placed on IR. Eagles fans up here have been talking mad shit lately. But i'm confused. Didn't they literally just lose to the Vikings? Like that was 2 weeks ago. Idk I must have missed something.

In other news that you guys actually care about here are the playoff scenarios.

AFC

CLINCHED:
Denver -- AFC West and a first-round bye
New England -- AFC East
Indianapolis -- AFC South
Cincinnati -- AFC North
Kansas City -- playoff spot

DENVER BRONCOS

Denver clinches home-field advantage throughout AFC playoffs with:
1) DEN win OR
2) NE loss

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

New England clinches a first-round bye with:
1) NE win OR
2) CIN loss + IND loss

New England clinches home-field advantage throughout AFC playoffs with:
1) NE win + DEN loss

CINCINNATI BENGALS

Cincinnati clinches first-round bye with:
1) CIN win + NE loss

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Indianapolis clinches first-round bye with:
1) IND win + NE loss + CIN loss

BALTIMORE RAVENS

Baltimore clinches a playoff spot with:
1) BAL win + SD loss OR
2) BAL win + MIA loss OR
3) PIT loss + SD loss + MIA loss

MIAMI DOLPHINS

Miami clinches a playoff spot with:
1) MIA win + BAL loss OR
2) MIA win + SD win

PITTSBURGH STEELERS

Pittsburgh clinches a playoff spot with:
1) PIT win + BAL loss + MIA loss + SD loss

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS

San Diego clinches a playoff spot with:
1) SD win + BAL loss + MIA loss

Crazy how open the NFC still is

NFC

CLINCHED:
Seattle -- playoff spot
Carolina -- playoff spot
San Francisco -- playoff spot

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

Seattle clinches NFC West and home-field advantage throughout NFC playoffs with:
1) SEA win OR
2) SF loss

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS

New Orleans clinches a playoff spot with:
1) NO win OR
2) ARI loss

New Orleans clinches NFC South and a first-round bye with:
1) NO win + CAR loss

CAROLINA PANTHERS

Carolina clinches NFC South and first-round bye with:
1) CAR win OR
2) NO loss

Carolina clinches NFC South and home-field advantage with:
1) CAR win + SEA loss + SF win

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

San Francisco clinches NFC West and first-round bye with:
1) SF win + SEA loss

San Francisco clinches NFC West and home-field advantage with:
1) SF win + SEA loss + CAR loss

ARIZONA CARDINALS

Arizona clinches a playoff spot with:
1) ARI win + NO loss

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Philadelphia clinches NFC East with:
1) PHI win/tie

DALLAS COWBOYS

Dallas clinches NFC East with:
1) DAL win

CHICAGO BEARS

Chicago clinches NFC North with:
1) CHI win/tie

GREEN BAY PACKERS

Green Bay clinches NFC North with:
1) GB win

May the odds be forever in your favor.

Week 17 - The Playoffs....are coming... Tumblr_m0ecpfoqdc1r2pdgp
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Week 17 - The Playoffs....are coming... Empty Re: Week 17 - The Playoffs....are coming...

Post  Willbacker December 27th 2013, 3:27 pm

Scenario 3 for Balt is not correct. A 3 way tie would give it to the Phins cuz of conf record. What it should be is
Balt win + Mia win + SD loss. We have the tiebreaker over the Phins in head to head. The scenario you have up there should be for the Phins..

Question of the week. Why did they flex the Pats game? So they can figger out how the Bengals did? Just asking.
Willbacker
Willbacker

Street Cred : 30

Back to top Go down

Week 17 - The Playoffs....are coming... Empty Re: Week 17 - The Playoffs....are coming...

Post  S December 27th 2013, 4:19 pm

Willbacker wrote:Scenario 3 for Balt is not correct. A 3 way tie would give it to the Phins cuz of conf record. What it should be is
Balt win + Mia win + SD loss. We have the tiebreaker over the Phins in head to head. The scenario you have up there should be for the Phins..

Question of the week. Why did they flex the Pats game? So they can figger out how the Bengals did? Just asking.

Thats what I saw on NFL.com..
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 December 27th 2013, 5:10 pm

So romo has had surgery. Don't know if anyone else heard. Whats the over under on the philly game? 77-0?

I don't know if Foles needs to be pulled in the 3rd to get to 8 tds in a game...

i am kidding. cowboys are bad but they arent that bad. 34-20
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2013, 5:13 pm

Willbacker wrote:Scenario 3 for Balt is not correct. A 3 way tie would give it to the Phins cuz of conf record. What it should be is

I think that three way loss will work if we win. If they all lose and we win, we are in.

As for the pats game, they thought the eagles bears game would be more exciting, in all seriousness I heard NBC owed CBS a big game, from taking one of CBS's before. All in all it looks like the deal backfired, because our game wasn't too exciting. I'm glad it wasn't nationally televised, it was one of the most embarrassing games I've ever seen.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 December 27th 2013, 5:17 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker December 27th 2013, 5:47 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

I think that three way loss will work if we win. If they all lose and we win, we are in.

As for the pats game, they thought the eagles bears game would be more exciting, in all seriousness I heard NBC owed CBS a big game, from taking one of CBS's before. All in all it looks like the deal backfired, because our game wasn't too exciting. I'm glad it wasn't nationally televised, it was one of the most embarrassing games I've ever seen.

Epic's video actually set me straight. Lol. I guess it had to be mentioned that Balt had to win cuz if we all lost it would go to the Phins. Look at Mia scenario #2.

I was actually talking bout this weeks Pats game against the Bills. To me The Ravens /Bengals game has more on the line and it seems to be only an advantage for the Pats who can find out how the Bengals did.
Willbacker
Willbacker

Back to top Go down

Post  S December 27th 2013, 6:31 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
Accurate lmao
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 December 27th 2013, 8:26 pm

I posted the video because its just a great movie and because its one of the funniest scenes in it.

Every season its the same thing Week 1 and 2 all you hear is "77% of teams that start 2-0..." and weeks 16 and 17 you hear "they need this to happen..."

sit back, watch the games, enjoy the time watching the games. too much thinking is involved with the playoff scenarios. all 4 teams Ravens, steelers, dolphins, and chargers are wounded ducks anyway. the teams you see from the WC that win get hot at the end. These 4 have been in 1st gear since their bye week.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 December 28th 2013, 2:07 am

anyone catch the pro bowl draft? jerry rice and deion sanders are going to be the dudes to draft the teams.

might as well have the players use madden plays (hb dive, rb stretch, etc) uniforms decided by MUT...

I AM BEING SARCASTIC. this new format is gay
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  S December 29th 2013, 11:11 am

Cowboys beating the Eagles today. I'm calling it
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  S December 29th 2013, 11:18 am

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/29/tony-gonzalez-admits-pushing-off-is-a-big-part-of-his-success/

Wow Tony, I would have never guessed. Thank God he's retiring i'm so tired of him lol
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter December 29th 2013, 12:35 pm

Why am I even going to watch today?

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  S December 29th 2013, 12:41 pm

MaddMatter wrote:Why am I even going to watch today?
cause you're a loyal fan
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker December 29th 2013, 1:01 pm

Quick Black Monday firings- Schiano,Munchak,Frazier,Schwartz,Allen and Phillips(easy one. already talking to OBrian).
Not fired- Coughlin,Garrett(Jones's puppet),Ryan and Shanahan(money talks. BS walks and this BS should walk).

@ S. My apologies man. If the Ravens lose and all others lose we get in. I just don't know how. Maybe another tiebreaker of some sort. I haven't figgered it out. Mad .

@ Hurp. Your Bengals suck but if the Ravens don't make it I'm pulling for the Striped Puddytats to take the SB crown.

@ Tubbs. You better hope your boys can stop the Rams or it could be WC city and that ain't good for the Hawks.
Willbacker
Willbacker

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter December 29th 2013, 2:31 pm

This team makes me question why I want to live.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ December 29th 2013, 4:03 pm

MaddMatter wrote:This team makes me question why I want to live.

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter December 29th 2013, 5:03 pm

After 1 season in Detroit and watching Reggie.

I can tell you, I'm not a fan.

Edit:

At least the season is finally over. I don't have to waste my Sundays watching the Lions blow 4th quarter leads every fucking week anymore!

Hip Hip Hooray!

Last edited by MaddMatter on December 29th 2013, 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB December 29th 2013, 5:07 pm

Go Chiefs! I know you're benching half your team pretty much. I know you can still get these Chargers to choke up Very Happy 
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  S December 29th 2013, 5:12 pm

Woo first round bye! Im going to the playoff game in a couple weeks!

If the 49ers and rams win we get a first round bye cool!
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 December 29th 2013, 5:22 pm

I happy with the jets performance today. Its been an up and down season but we have a lot to build on this year. Geno beat every divison opponent once including a comeback against the pats, we knocked the dolphins out of the playoffs, we keep ryan and have a top 5 defense next year, ed reed might be coming back.

there is a lot to build on with a team that had almost on offensive talent, a rookie QB, and a group of corners who couldnt cover their own shadow
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter December 29th 2013, 5:41 pm

Can we just leave Schwartz and co in Minnesota?

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 December 29th 2013, 5:50 pm

MaddMatter wrote:Can we just leave Schwartz and co in Minnesota?

pull a pat haden and usc? i could dig it.

i would love to see you guys get lovie smith. it seems like a good match. you got the 4-3 personnel, a qb, some supporting offensive talent. He steps in, cleans you guys up, gets you playing smart and disciplined.

another good match would be brian kelly (some rumors about him leaving for the NFL, i hope he doesnt') he is a good coach and has an adaptable system for his talent so you can just ozzie newsome draft year in year out with the best player available.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 December 29th 2013, 6:45 pm

can we stop the wes welker one of the best WRs in the league now that edelman has 100+ catches and 1000+ yards as his replacement?

im tired of welker. "oh he is so good...blah blah blah" like bro. he runs 5 yards, stops, waits.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  S December 29th 2013, 7:41 pm

Brows firing Chud after 1 year, wow
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next