Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

NFL Free Agency 2014

+7
S
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
tubbs51
BaltRavensFan20
Nef77
HurpDurpHurray
MaddMatter
11 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

NFL Free Agency 2014  Empty NFL Free Agency 2014

Post  MaddMatter March 11th 2014, 5:58 pm

Might make a list of who signed where. But discuss.

Lions resigned Joique Bell for 3 years, I'm extremely happy about that.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

NFL Free Agency 2014  Empty Re: NFL Free Agency 2014

Post  HurpDurpHurray March 11th 2014, 6:04 pm

Hoping the Bengals can bring in a cornerback. Maybe Verner or Revis if he hits free agency
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter March 11th 2014, 6:17 pm

I would rather draft a QB in the 6th round then trade a 6th rounder for Blaine Gabbert, what the fuck Niners.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 March 11th 2014, 6:21 pm

MaddMatter wrote: I would rather draft a QB in the 6th round then trade a 6th rounder for Blaine Gabbert, what the fuck Niners.
Still hoping we grab Boyd in the 4th. 18mil/year my ass.
Nef77
Nef77

Street Cred : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 March 11th 2014, 6:43 pm

Monroe is back at LT! Thank goodness, and cheap at that only 7.5 mil per year, cheaper than albert, and saffold lol. Ozzie strikes again. Now if they can just lure Alex Mack from the browns the oline should be just about set, with the exception of RT.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 March 11th 2014, 8:11 pm

Some possible movement in the Detroit/Seattle pipeline as well as the Jacksonville/Seattle pipeline as expected. Tate is visiting Detroit and Thurmond is visiting J'ville. Both would be good signings but i'd love to see Tate back. With Thurmond, i'm inclined to believe that the Hawks think Jeremy Lane or Devon Shead will take the Nickle.

Glad Bennett decided to take a bit of a discount and stay with the Hawks.

Also Seahawks likely will sign TE Jermichael (sp?) Finley which would probably force Zach Miller's release.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ March 11th 2014, 9:26 pm

tubbs51 wrote:Some possible movement in the Detroit/Seattle pipeline as well as the Jacksonville/Seattle pipeline as expected. Tate is visiting Detroit and Thurmond is visiting J'ville. Both would be good signings but i'd love to see Tate back. With Thurmond, i'm inclined to believe that the Hawks think Jeremy Lane or Devon Shead will take the Nickle.

Glad Bennett decided to take a bit of a discount and stay with the Hawks.

Also Seahawks likely will sign TE Jermichael (sp?) Finley which would probably force Zach Miller's release.

Finley is an overated trash TE, i watched 6 passes hit him in the hands and chest in the playoff game vs the Giants and he dropped them all..guy stinks, personally for the way the Hawks run thier Offense they really should check out Dustin Keller, the guy isnt much of a blocker but he ran a 4.4 forty and has glue on his hands, at 6'4 250lbs , he would be an upgrade over Miller and Finley, also prolly come alot cheaper than Finley since finley has alot of media coverage
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  S March 11th 2014, 9:54 pm

Panthers seem to be a front runner for Nicks right now. I'd be happy with that. I pray we keep Smitty. They need to stop dicking around with that. If we can team up Nicks with Smitty draft one receiver in the first and second, Cooks, ODB, Robinson or Moncrief then every single rest of the picks are o linemen. Olsen at tight end.

Superbowl
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 March 11th 2014, 10:41 pm

you know the FA's biggest spenders don't ever win anything right?
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray March 11th 2014, 10:47 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:you know the FA's biggest spenders don't ever win anything right?

You know shut the fuck up right?
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  S March 11th 2014, 10:47 pm

Saints got Byrd and Bucs got Verner.

Good thing our receiver core is stacked with Marvin McNutt and Tavares King.
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ March 11th 2014, 11:19 pm

this FA period is starting to shape into a Revis walks back into NY without any compensation to the Bucs situation..by tommorow the Jets will have signed Revis to a 4 yr 50 mil dollar contract all gaurenteed..thanks Bucs for the DROY!!! oh and a 4th !!! for that 1 yr rental...#gottaluvbeingreen
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 March 11th 2014, 11:33 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:this FA period is starting to shape into a Revis walks back into NY without any compensation to the Bucs situation..by tommorow the Jets will have signed Revis to a 4 yr 50 mil dollar contract all gaurenteed..thanks Bucs for the DROY!!! oh and a 4th !!! for that 1 yr rental...#gottaluvbeingreen

no way revis comes back to NY. revis is more concerned with money and being considered the best CB than being on a competitive team

Rex made revis who he is. Revis became an absolute prick in that time period.

I hear he is going to the raiders or browns
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 March 12th 2014, 12:45 am

S wrote:Saints got Byrd and Bucs got Verner.

You dont exactly sound confident.

So rumors are flying around that the Hawks are looking at Jason Hatcher, Jared Allen, and Demarcus Ware...

Not going to lie if we get one of those guys on a one year cheap contract like Bennett last year it'd be ridiculous. That DL would be furious with Avril, Bennett, (one of the three above), and possibly Clemons just on the edges.

Then again it might just be bullshit considering the Seahawks do their due diligence and look at every possible option.

So I always have my cell phone on vibrate and have it turned off while i'm at work due to working in a completely secure environment and it was hilarious when i turned it on after work just for it to continually vibrate on the way home for roughly twenty minutes courtesy of ESPN and all the free agency shit. Funny but fucking annoying lol.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  S March 12th 2014, 12:41 pm

tubbs51 wrote:
S wrote:Saints got Byrd and Bucs got Verner.

You dont exactly sound confident.

So I always have my cell phone on vibrate and have it turned off while i'm at work due to working in a completely secure environment and it was hilarious when i turned it on after work just for it to continually vibrate on the way home for roughly twenty minutes courtesy of ESPN and all the free agency shit. Funny but fucking annoying lol.

Yeah i'm not lol and the same thing happened to my phone. I went into a deadzone yesterday with no signal at like 4 pm. When I finally got the persons wifi my phone exploded with the free agency news. It was crazy lol
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter March 12th 2014, 12:53 pm

The Lions sit and wait and do nothing.

Still need a safety, receiver and probably a LB.

Oh it looks like we're getting a FB again. YES!!!!!

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  S March 12th 2014, 1:35 pm

MaddMatter wrote:The Lions sit and wait and do nothing.

yeah we aren't doing anything either. We need to go ahead and lock Nicks up. I wanna see us get Ryan Clark at safety too. That would be a great sign for us to repalce Mike Mitchell and get some more leadership back on this team.

We also need some more olinemen since our entire offensive line decided to retire in unison...
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  S March 12th 2014, 2:25 pm

Well Smith is gone. Wheres the alc
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 March 12th 2014, 4:21 pm

Now you know how us Ravens fans feel every FA. This year it was supposed to be, "Oh the ravens will make a splash in free agency this year, cause they have more cap room"......Where is this splash they speak of?? So far they have resigned Monroe....that's it....
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter March 12th 2014, 6:17 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

Now you know how us Ravens fans feel every FA. This year it was supposed to be, "Oh the ravens will make a splash in free agency this year, cause they have more cap room"......Where is this splash they speak of?? So far they have resigned Monroe....that's it....

Ravens= 2 Super Bowls

Lions= None

No offense but shut up lol

S- If we didn't sign Tate (literally makes me sick that I have to root for this guy, out of the thousands of schools in America, he chose THE WORST school to go to. YUCK) I would say we should sign Steve. Always loved his game. Steve Smith is one of my favorite players in the NFL. He will probably sign with New England, but damn it would have been sweet to see him line up opposite Calvin for a year.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  S March 12th 2014, 6:20 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

Ravens= 2 Super Bowls

Lions= None

No offense but shut up lol

S- If we didn't sign Tate (literally makes me sick that I have to root for this guy, out of the thousands of schools in America, he chose THE WORST school to go to. YUCK) I would say we should sign Steve. Always loved his game. Steve Smith is one of my favorite players in the NFL. He will probably sign with New England, but damn it would have been sweet to see him line up opposite Calvin for a year.
Yeah that would have been sick. I hope he goes to the Patriots. Thats his best shot at getting  to another superbowl.

What really sucks is how 90% of our offense has decided to leave in unison. I mean seriously.

3 o linemen retired. 1 in free agency, 2 coming back from injury are question marks. We still have Kalil and Byron Bell (garbage starter).

Currently on our roster Cam Newton is our leading receiver with 1 reception. And we still have our quatrillion doller backfield, but they don't do much because the oline sucks.
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker March 12th 2014, 6:48 pm

S wrote:Well Smith is gone. Wheres the alc

Smith is pissed about something but so far the Panthers haven't released him to my knowledge.

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

Oz usually only signs released players. Pretty much the reason we get a lot of comp picks. I'm hoping we take a shot at Owen Daniels who was released by the Texans.

A lot of Ravens fans were wanting to tag Monroe or throw 11 mil at him. Lol. I was pretty much called an idiot on the Ravens website when I said Monroe was only an above average LT and you can't pay him top 5 money. Who's fucking laughing now. Thank God we got a real GM. Trust in Oz!!

On a sidenote can somebody tell me what the Raidersand Browns are doing?? Replacing more productive talent with older talent and giving them more cash. SMH!!
Willbacker
Willbacker

Street Cred : 30

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter March 12th 2014, 6:55 pm

'There was some concern that perhaps the heavy snows that pummeled Southeast Michigan on Wednesday would deter Golden Tate from signing with the Detroit Lions......

He was expected to depart in time for an afternoon flight -- about 12:30 or 1 p.m. -- but flights were cancelled due to the inclement weather.

Instead, Tate took a nap at the Lions' training facility, woke up -- and then signed a $31 million deal that runs through 2018 and includes $13.25 million in guaranteed money."

LMFAO

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray March 12th 2014, 7:10 pm

Ahh yes, the Bengals are using their usual strategy of 'fuck it we have the money but naa we'll just sit this out' for free agency this year...
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 March 12th 2014, 7:29 pm

@Hurp: So.... another typical Bengals Free Agency then?

@Matt: Glad the Lions signed Tate. he's a cool guy and a great WR. You guys will love over there even though he was a Golden Domer...

There have been a couple rumors that Seattle is expecting to sign Jared Allen and Jason Hatcher by this up coming weekend now that they released Chris Clemons as well. If that happens it'd give the Seahawks Cliff Avril, Brandon Mebane, Tony McDaniel, Jason Hatcher, Michael Bennett, and Jared Allen as the main defensive line... Thats a tough group. A bit old in spots (allen) but pretty nasty.

But damn the Broncos are trying to buy a good defense. TJ Ward, Aqib Talib, and now it looks like DeMarcus Ware is going to sign with them as well. Should be interesting to see how that situation plays out.

And in comedy news the browns released both Wheedon and Campbell and proceeded to leak their FA big board and state that its a list to compile highlights.... includinging Rex Grossman highlights with the Redskins...
tubbs51
tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next