Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

NFL Draft 2014

+8
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
TRU11
S
BaltRavensFan20
EPICxPENGUIN69
Pintsizedjark
Willbacker
MaddMatter
12 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

NFL Draft 2014  Empty NFL Draft 2014

Post  MaddMatter December 30th 2013, 12:01 pm

Yes, I'm making this thread. Regular season isn't even 12 hours old, but fuck it.

Lions got the 10th pick.

As of right now, I'm looking at 3 players.

1. Darquez Dennard (spelling?) the corner from MSU
2. Sammy Watkins WR Clemson
3. Mike Evans WR Texas A@M

Positions for the Lions to look at
WR
CB
C
TE possibly
Kicker for sure
QB?

Last edited by MaddMatter on May 15th 2014, 5:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

NFL Draft 2014  Empty Re: NFL Draft 2014

Post  Willbacker December 30th 2013, 2:11 pm

MaddMatter wrote:Yes, I'm making this thread. Regular season isn't even 12 hours old, but fuck it.

Lions got the 10th pick.

WR
CB
C
TE possibly
Kicker for sure
QB?

Kinda funny hearing a Lions fan wanting a WR in the 1st round but I guess it's been a few years since they drafted all them receivers. Mike Evans is a good pick but I really like those guys from LSU and I'm hoping the Ravens can snag one then work on their OLine.
Willbacker
Willbacker

Street Cred : 30

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter December 30th 2013, 2:36 pm

Willbacker wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:Yes, I'm making this thread. Regular season isn't even 12 hours old, but fuck it.

Lions got the 10th pick.

WR
CB
C
TE possibly
Kicker for sure
QB?

Kinda funny hearing a Lions fan wanting a WR in the 1st round but I guess it's been a few years since they drafted all them receivers. Mike Evans is a good pick but I really like those guys from LSU and I'm hoping the Ravens can snag one then work on their OLine.

Can you name the Lions leading receiver after Calvin? Hell, can you guess the top 3?

Megatron, who and who? lol

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker December 30th 2013, 2:44 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
Willbacker wrote:

Lions got the 10th pick.

WR
CB
C
TE possibly
Kicker for sure
QB?

Can you name the Lions leading receiver after Calvin? Hell, can you guess the top 3?

I'd have to go with Joe Pizza and the white guy.
Willbacker
Willbacker

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter December 30th 2013, 2:56 pm

Willbacker wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:
Willbacker wrote:

Lions got the 10th pick.

WR
CB
C
TE possibly
Kicker for sure
QB?

I'd have to go with Joe Pizza and the white guy.

You would think that, because you know, they're wide receivers.

It goes
Megatron- 84
Reggie Bush-54
Joique Bell-53
Brandon Pettigrew- 41
Nate Burleson (who missed half the season)-39
Kris Durham (who was our starter for like 10 games)-38

Our WR core outside of Calvin is a fucking joke.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark December 30th 2013, 4:28 pm

Who should the Redskins draft with the 2nd overall pick?

No

Pintsizedjark

Street Cred : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter December 30th 2013, 4:44 pm

Pintsizedjark wrote:Who should the Redskins draft with the 2nd overall pick?

No

Talk about getting fucked over. Like I said, I didn't like the trade. I thought you guys gave up WAY to much to get RGIII.

Sorry bro Sad

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker December 30th 2013, 4:50 pm

Pintsizedjark wrote:Who should the Redskins draft with the 2nd overall pick?

No

Yeah that was a bad trade in hindsight but Shanahan screwed everything up by keeping RG3 in after 2 severe injuries then letting him start the season without any practice or gameplay. The only thing that Shanahan's good for is finding 6th round RBs so the Skins wrung that rag dry.
Willbacker
Willbacker

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 December 30th 2013, 6:33 pm

i forgot where the jets draft, they are 8-8 so i think some where between 12-18 range.

FA needs to address the Oline. we need guards and a RT still

The draft needs offensive skills. WRs, TEs, HBs.
On defense we need back end help and outside pass rushers so FS, SS, and OLB

You get geno some help, you see how shit works out and go from there.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 December 30th 2013, 6:37 pm

Ravens can't even have it easy in the draft lol. They have to flip a coin with the cowboys to decide whos going to be the 16-17 pick  Rolling Eyes 

Anywho, Ozzie needs to address this oline, I see Oher gone, Gradkowski doesn't seem to be the answer at center, yanda is getting older, Osemele is coming back from back surgery. At the same time, we need a legitimate #1 WR like Calvin or AJ Green, Torrey still needs some work imo and could complement a guy like that.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 December 30th 2013, 9:43 pm

The jets need to draft a WR that is calvin johnson, dez bryant build. Big, strong hands, good awareness, can make a catch in double coverage.

I have loved watching Amaro down at TTU but he is a TE, I don't think we are in that big of a need for a TE, Cumberland, Sudfeild, are good, Winslow was good. Our WRs are too small, drop to many passes, and don't get open. Not to mention they get hurt way too much (looking at you holmes)

Marquis lee is good but IDK about him, 6'1, 190 with a 4.4. eh, USC wrs have been a hit or miss the past few years. Robert Woods had a good year in buffalo.

Mike Evans from T A&M is an interesting prospect because he was like Jimmy Grahm, former basketball player who made the switch and he has had his best games against the best opponents. Made a ton of crazy catches.

Kevin Benjamin from FSU is another BIG wr, really fast. My problem is he had like double digit drops this years which won't fly in the NFL. What makes it worse is you rarely see players get better with that sort of thing. Braylon Edwards comes to mind. Always dropped catches.

Jordan Matthews from Vandy is my favorite because he does so much. I remember week 1 he took a bubble screen for 60-70 yards. then against Umass he ran like 20-30 yards around the backfield escaping guys on a jet sweep. he is big and can do a lot.

EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 December 30th 2013, 9:49 pm

So here is the draft order so far

Houston Texans -
St. Louis Rams (skins) -
Jacksonville Jaguars -
Cleveland Browns -
Oakland Raiders -
Atlanta Falcons -
Tampa Bay Buccaneers -
Minnesota Vikings -
Buffalo Bills -
Detroit Lions -
Tennessee Titans -
NY Giants -
St Louis Rams (lucky dicks) -
Pittsburgh Steelers -
Dallas Cowboys -
Baltimore Ravens -
NY Jets -
Miami Dolphins -
Arizona Cardnials -

rest of the order will be determined by playoffs.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 December 30th 2013, 10:04 pm

Houston Texans - Weird situation, they can't trade it and they may (THEY) think they don't need a QB that bad
St. Louis Rams (skins)* - Definitely a traceable pick, with what they got for RG3, they are playing with house money
Jacksonville Jaguars - They are 3rd picking but had a decent year considering, QB or DE
Cleveland Browns - They need a QB, They have 2 good WRs, decent oline, a good defense
Oakland Raiders* - They...they need everything. Maybe a Kicker?
Atlanta Falcons* - Defense is their primary concern, 2 corners last year, they need DL and LB help. May trade
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - They need OL and WR help, their defense is fine skill wise, they just had shitty coaches
Minnesota Vikings* - QB and maybe a WR. OL is fine, defense is getting old, maybe a DT or DE
Buffalo Bills - They have no OL, that needs to be address, defense played ok all year.
Detroit Lions - With a new coach coming in, probably some LB or DB help. I doubt they take a WR in the 1st, maybe 2nd.
Tennessee Titans* - they need some WR and DB help. they built inside out the past few drafts. may trade
NY Giants - Offensive line. They should be their primary concern in FA and the draft. Pugh is the only guy who may return
St Louis Rams (lucky dicks) - IDK what they may do here. DL is ok, LB is fine. Offense has speed but no size
Pittsburgh Steelers - They need to get younger on defense
Dallas Cowboys* - Pff, who fucking knows with Willy Wonka running the show. Probably OL
Baltimore Ravens - Offense. Their defense is young and has guys coming back. They sucked on offense all year.
NY Jets - WR...that should be the primary concern. a big mother fucker who will climb the ladder on bitches
Miami Dolphins - Gave up the most sacks by any team this year...maybe a FB...OL is a must
Arizona Cardnials* - A qb, palmer sucks. its amazing. the Cards always have a good group of WRs but never a qb

* means i think they may trade down
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  S December 30th 2013, 10:30 pm

Texas without a doubt getting Bridgewater. Him with Andre, Nuke, Foster. Thats gonna be scary next year.
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 December 30th 2013, 11:20 pm

S wrote:Texas without a doubt getting Bridgewater. Him with Andre, Nuke, Foster. Thats gonna be scary next year.

its not a lock that bridgewater is coming out, nor is it a lock manzel is coming out, mariota is staying in school.Blake Brotles is probably staying in school.

only sr qbs that are high round prospects are Mettinberger, McCarron, Murrey, and Carr. Murrey is a 1st round talent, McCarron is a 4th or later prospect because of what he was asked to do. Carr is a "system" qb, mettinberger struggled until this year.

at least one of them juniors is coming into the draft but dont be shocked if they want to stay
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter December 30th 2013, 11:34 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
S wrote:Texas without a doubt getting Bridgewater. Him with Andre, Nuke, Foster. Thats gonna be scary next year.

its not a lock that bridgewater is coming out, nor is it a lock manzel is coming out, mariota is staying in school.Blake Brotles is probably staying in school.

only sr qbs that are high round prospects are Mettinberger, McCarron, Murrey, and Carr. Murrey is a 1st round talent, McCarron is a 4th or later prospect because of what he was asked to do. Carr is a "system" qb, mettinberger struggled until this year.

at least one of them juniors is coming into the draft but dont be shocked if they want to stay

I feel Bridgewater stays

Brotles is 50/50

Manziel is coming out because hes a douche

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 December 30th 2013, 11:36 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:

I feel Bridgewater stays

Brotles is 50/50

I think i am inverted on your picks. bridgewater comes out, manzel stays, brotles stays. From what i hear manzeil wants to get one year and also he doesnt want to play for any of the top 5 teams this year.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter December 30th 2013, 11:47 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:

I feel Bridgewater stays

Brotles is 50/50

I think i am inverted on your picks. bridgewater comes out, manzel stays, brotles stays. From what i hear manzeil wants to get one year and also he doesnt want to play for any of the top 5 teams this year.

Bridgewater is fucking good man. I wish more Louisville games were on TV

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 December 31st 2013, 7:16 am

manziel said he is coming out of the closet.
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  S December 31st 2013, 9:14 am

MaddMatter wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:

I feel Bridgewater stays

Brotles is 50/50

Bridgewater is fucking good man. I wish more Louisville games were on TV
I though Bridgewater already declared. I remember during the bowl game the announcers were saying how that was a great last game for him or whatever. Regardless he's coming out. Fuck would he go back to Louisville for? To win a chip? Lololol
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  S December 31st 2013, 9:15 am

TRU11 wrote:manziel said he is coming out of the closet.
Manziel is the man. Y'all gonna stop hating on him
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter December 31st 2013, 9:34 am

So I'm reading this article on NFL.com and I get to the end of the article and see the first 2 comments, this one made me laugh.

"Sure wish my Panthers would trade up and get Sammy Watkins."

lmfao ain't ever gonna happen bro. Panthers fans talking about draft while they are still playing.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  S December 31st 2013, 11:20 am

MaddMatter wrote:So I'm reading this article on NFL.com and I get to the end of the article and see the first 2 comments, this one made me laugh.

"Sure wish my Panthers would trade up and get Sammy Watkins."

lmfao ain't ever gonna happen bro. Panthers fans talking about draft while they are still playing.
Man I wish lol. Im trying to avoid the draft talk until we lose
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  S January 1st 2014, 2:45 pm

Bridgewater going pro

fuckalink
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ January 1st 2014, 6:08 pm

without a doubt the Jets need a big ass WR..really wished we wouldve taken Alshon Jeffrey when we had the chance, we need someone like him
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next