Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

2014 MLB Season

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

2014 MLB Season Empty 2014 MLB Season

Post  HurpDurpHurray May 5th 2014, 2:06 pm

Damn so I was looking at stats and I noticed Rajai Davis is one the leaders in average and is stealing bases like a boss. Fuck you Matt.

Anyways, slow start for the Jays so far. Their bullpen was supposed to be the best part of this team but has been the worst. Good to see Jose Bautista starting off quick. He usually takes a while to get his bat going but this year he looks dialed in. Brett Lawrie looks like he's breaking out too which is awesome to see. He's slowing getting his average up, he's knocking out homers, and if he starts using his great speed to steal some bases, he'll be an All-Star. He's already one of the best fielders in the game.

Guys to watch out for right now:

Jose Abreu: That guy is cranking out homers in his first year. Crazy power from him.
Josh Donaldson: This guy doesn't get enough love for his offense. He's a great third baseman.
Brandon Belt: Giants have been waiting a while for him to put it all together offensively. Looks like he finally might have it going.
Anthony Rizzo: Same thing as Belt. A guy the Cubs needed to see shine and he looks like he's finally doing it.
Charlie Blackmon: Last year's stat line over 82 games for him was 6 homers, 22 RBI, 309 average. This year over 32 games, 6 homers, 22 RBI, 359 average. Look out.
Melky Cabrera: Looks like he's hitting the ball like he did back with the Royals a few years back. Could mean big things this season.
Dee Gordan: He's finally hitting well and the Dodgers are rewarding him. 353 average and 19 stolen bases already. 19!
Brian Dozier: He's stealing bases at a higher rate this season and already has 8 homers. Speed and power is dangerous. If he can get his average up, he could become one of the best second baseman in the league.
Yordano Ventura: He's pitching great right now with a 1.50 ERA and a 191 opponent batting average.
Julio Teheran: Looks like he's finally showing the potential everyone thought he had.
Sonny Gray: Didn't get much attention last season even though he pitched great. Now he's pitching even better and could become the ace of the A's staff.
Jordan Lyles: He struggled in Houston and now the Rockies look like they won the trade for him. Fowler is playing about average right now while Lyles is pitching fantastic and Fowler's departure opened the door for the aforementioned Blackmon.
Tommy Hunter: He struggled as a starter but ever since he moved to the bullpen, it looks like he's found his game. He's earned the Orioles closer job with his great pitching
Francisco Rodriguez: I thought K-Rod was done being a closer but he's had 14 straight saves and a nice 0.00 ERA
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

2014 MLB Season Empty Re: 2014 MLB Season

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 May 5th 2014, 2:22 pm

Mets having a winning record so far....means that we will finish the season with only 60 wins

I am happy we traded Ike Davis away. No offense to him but we didn't need or have a role for him. We were getting way more power from Duda anyway so what ever.

I want Bartolo Colon gone. The guy pisses me off with his existance. Old, fat, PED user. GTFO

Eh, I am hoping that next year becomes "the year" because harvey will be back and we have a few more bats
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray May 5th 2014, 2:34 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:Mets having a winning record so far....means that we will finish the season with only 60 wins

I am happy we traded Ike Davis away. No offense to him but we didn't need or have a role for him. We were getting way more power from Duda anyway so what ever.

I want Bartolo Colon gone. The guy pisses me off with his existance. Old, fat, PED user. GTFO

Eh, I am hoping that next year becomes "the year" because harvey will be back and we have a few more bats

Plus Noah Syndergaard will probably get a chance to play this season and he could be great. Just think about that starting rotation: Harvey, Niese, Gee, Wheeler, Syndergaard. Pretty solid.
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 May 5th 2014, 3:24 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:Mets having a winning record so far....means that we will finish the season with only 60 wins

Plus Noah Syndergaard will probably get a chance to play this season and he could be great. Just think about that starting rotation: Harvey, Niese, Gee, Wheeler, Syndergaard. Pretty solid.

next year is looking to be pretty sick. But I have been saying "next year is looking to be pretty sick" since I was like 7
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 5th 2014, 3:35 pm

Yeah Davis has been killing it, just wait till Cabrera starts heating up.

Tigers lead the AL and have like 5 games in hand on everyone  2014 MLB Season 3420812369 2014 MLB Season 3420812369 

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray May 5th 2014, 5:50 pm

MaddMatter wrote:Yeah Davis has been killing it, just wait till Cabrera starts heating up.

Tigers lead the AL and have like 5 games in hand on everyone  2014 MLB Season 3420812369 2014 MLB Season 3420812369 

Didn't realize Victor Martinez has been killing it lately. I doubt it lasts though
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 5th 2014, 5:51 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:Yeah Davis has been killing it, just wait till Cabrera starts heating up.

Didn't realize Victor Martinez has been killing it lately. I doubt it lasts though

They showed a stat the other day where he hasn't struck out looking since May 20th or something last year. Something like 600 plate appearances.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 May 5th 2014, 7:52 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:Damn so I was looking at stats and I noticed Rajai Davis is one the leaders in average and is stealing bases like a boss. Fuck you Matt.

Anyways, slow start for the Jays so far. Their bullpen was supposed to be the best part of this team but has been the worst. Good to see Jose Bautista starting off quick. He usually takes a while to get his bat going but this year he looks dialed in. Brett Lawrie looks like he's breaking out too which is awesome to see. He's slowing getting his average up, he's knocking out homers, and if he starts using his great speed to steal some bases, he'll be an All-Star. He's already one of the best fielders in the game.

Jose Abreu: That guy is cranking out homers in his first year. Crazy power from him.
Josh Donaldson: This guy doesn't get enough love for his offense. He's a great third baseman.
Brandon Belt: Giants have been waiting a while for him to put it all together offensively. Looks like he finally might have it going.
Anthony Rizzo: Same thing as Belt. A guy the Cubs needed to see shine and he looks like he's finally doing it.
Charlie Blackmon: Last year's stat line over 82 games for him was 6 homers, 22 RBI, 309 average. This year over 32 games, 6 homers, 22 RBI, 359 average. Look out.
Melky Cabrera: Looks like he's hitting the ball like he did back with the Royals a few years back. Could mean big things this season.
Dee Gordan: He's finally hitting well and the Dodgers are rewarding him. 353 average and 19 stolen bases already. 19!
Brian Dozier: He's stealing bases at a higher rate this season and already has 8 homers. Speed and power is dangerous. If he can get his average up, he could become one of the best second baseman in the league.
Yordano Ventura: He's pitching great right now with a 1.50 ERA and a 191 opponent batting average.
Julio Teheran: Looks like he's finally showing the potential everyone thought he had.
Sonny Gray: Didn't get much attention last season even though he pitched great. Now he's pitching even better and could become the ace of the A's staff.
Jordan Lyles: He struggled in Houston and now the Rockies look like they won the trade for him. Fowler is playing about average right now while Lyles is pitching fantastic and Fowler's departure opened the door for the aforementioned Blackmon.
Tommy Hunter: He struggled as a starter but ever since he moved to the bullpen, it looks like he's found his game. He's earned the Orioles closer job with his great pitching
Francisco Rodriguez: I thought K-Rod was done being a closer but he's had 14 straight saves and a nice 0.00 ERA

Tommy Hunter? You mean Tommy "Heart-attack" Hunter? The guy imo sucks as a closer. Hes like Jim Johnson, everytime theres a close game you sit on the edge of the seat thinking, "oh boy here we go, are we going to win or lose, what Tommy will we see tonight?" Hes too inconsistent for my tastes...
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray May 5th 2014, 8:17 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:Damn so I was looking at stats and I noticed Rajai Davis is one the leaders in average and is stealing bases like a boss. Fuck you Matt.

Tommy Hunter? You mean Tommy "Heart-attack" Hunter? The guy imo sucks as a closer. Hes like Jim Johnson, everytime theres a close game you sit on the edge of the seat thinking, "oh boy here we go, are we going to win or lose, what Tommy will we see tonight?" Hes too inconsistent for my tastes...

Oh well I'm just looking at the stats lol. He has good ones Very Happy

And Matt, he struck out April 29th...
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 5th 2014, 10:34 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

They showed a stat the other day where he hasn't struck out looking since May 20th or something last year. Something like 600 plate appearances.

You would think someone who graduated with a degree in architecture would know how to read.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray May 5th 2014, 11:14 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

You would think someone who graduated with a degree in architecture would know how to read.

Bitch all I know is how to read lines
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 5th 2014, 11:52 pm

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 May 13th 2014, 2:26 am

jose fernandez done for the year
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray May 13th 2014, 6:05 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:jose fernandez done for the year

This would be big if the Marlins actually were good. What are the odds they trade Giancarlo Stanton?
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 May 13th 2014, 6:10 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:

This would be big if the Marlins actually were good. What are the odds they trade Giancarlo Stanton?

It is a big deal to me because I like watching him pitch. He has a personality you can see on the mound. Not many players have that in the MLB. look at Puig, he catches shit for breaking these unwritten rules.

Stanton is staying put. At least for now. No way they trade someone who puts asses in seats until they actually have to pay him any real money.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 May 13th 2014, 10:54 pm

Tommy Hunter S-U-C-K-S SUCKS as a closer. I'd rather they have kept Jim Johnson for crying out loud. Get the orioles a REAL closer.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray May 13th 2014, 11:27 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

It is a big deal to me because I like watching him pitch. He has a personality you can see on the mound. Not many players have that in the MLB. look at Puig, he catches shit for breaking these unwritten rules.

Stanton is staying put. At least for now. No way they trade someone who puts asses in seats until they actually have to pay him any real money.

I like Jose too but Marlins aren't winning with or without him. Outfield looks good now but boy are there holes all over that roster
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 May 13th 2014, 11:42 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

I like Jose too but Marlins aren't winning with or without him. Outfield looks good now but boy are there holes all over that roster

remember when they had a roster and they traded everyone away to the blue jays? good times
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 14th 2014, 3:28 am

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:Tommy Hunter S-U-C-K-S SUCKS as a closer. I'd rather they have kept Jim Johnson for crying out loud. Get the orioles a REAL closer.

YOU MAD BRO!

I didn't see the game. I just know Cabrera had a 3 run bomb and Martinez had a homer.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 May 14th 2014, 11:30 am

MaddMatter wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:Tommy Hunter S-U-C-K-S SUCKS as a closer. I'd rather they have kept Jim Johnson for crying out loud. Get the orioles a REAL closer.

YOU MAD BRO!

I didn't see the game. I just know Cabrera had a 3 run bomb and Martinez had a homer.

Yeah I could see that homer coming from a mile away. Once he walked Hunter and I heard Cabrera was up, I knew it was over. Tommy Hunter has been doing this crap for awhile now. It just gets old. Your not supposed to feel like this when you have a good closer, Hunter just plain sucks. Then to let Martinez get a homer right after. All the guy can do is basically throw fast balls, don't know if he has any pitches, its all he throws lol.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 14th 2014, 2:15 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:

YOU MAD BRO!

Yeah I could see that homer coming from a mile away. Once he walked Hunter and I heard Cabrera was up, I knew it was over. Tommy Hunter has been doing this crap for awhile now. It just gets old. Your not supposed to feel like this when you have a good closer, Hunter just plain sucks. Then to let Martinez get a homer right after. All the guy can do is basically throw fast balls, don't know if he has any pitches, its all he throws lol.

*I didn't know the 3 run bomb was 2 outs bottom of the 9th. Wish I would have seen it now.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray May 14th 2014, 9:15 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

remember when they had a roster and they traded everyone away to the blue jays? good times

Ya but they got good players back like Henchidiarehia
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray May 28th 2014, 7:05 pm

Jays are leading the AL East by 3 now. 8 game win streak, damn. Their hitting has been fantastic and the pitching is starting to come through. Dickey is under 4 ERA for the first time as a Jay. Buerhle leads the Majors with 9 wins already. Everything is clicking.

Sad thing is though, Edwin is killing it this month, and he isn't even top 5 in AL All-star game voting for first base or DH. Jays get no love in All-Star voting. Nick Castellanos is ahead of Brett Lawrie. Carlos Beltran, having a shit year, is ahead of Melky Cabrera for Outfielders. Come on guys
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 28th 2014, 8:09 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:Jays are leading the AL East by 3 now. 8 game win streak, damn. Their hitting has been fantastic and the pitching is starting to come through. Dickey is under 4 ERA for the first time as a Jay. Buerhle leads the Majors with 9 wins already. Everything is clicking.

Sad thing is though, Edwin is killing it this month, and he isn't even top 5 in AL All-star game voting for first base or DH. Jays get no love in All-Star voting. Nick Castellanos is ahead of Brett Lawrie. Carlos Beltran, having a shit year, is ahead of Melky Cabrera for Outfielders. Come on guys

You mad bro?

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray May 28th 2014, 8:58 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:Jays are leading the AL East by 3 now. 8 game win streak, damn. Their hitting has been fantastic and the pitching is starting to come through. Dickey is under 4 ERA for the first time as a Jay. Buerhle leads the Majors with 9 wins already. Everything is clicking.

You mad bro?

My sexy third baseman is better than yours!
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next