Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

NFL Draft 2014

+8
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
TRU11
S
BaltRavensFan20
EPICxPENGUIN69
Pintsizedjark
Willbacker
MaddMatter
12 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

NFL Draft 2014  - Page 4 Empty Re: NFL Draft 2014

Post  BaltRavensFan20 April 12th 2014, 5:25 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:I dont see them taking a WR in the first. They got Tate and Johnson as it is, why pick Watkins who would prob get little playing time with those two?

Little playing time?

His HC, coached Peyton Manning and his OC coached Drew Brees

Plus it's the new NFL, 3 WR sets are the norm.

True, but why draft a WR who has the opportunity to be a elite #1 WR just so he can play slot? Ya know? I don't know, just seems like a waste of a pick. For some reason I just don't see WR a need for the lions.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 12th 2014, 6:31 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:I dont see them taking a WR in the first. They got Tate and Johnson as it is, why pick Watkins who would prob get little playing time with those two?

Little playing time?

His HC, coached Peyton Manning and his OC coached Drew Brees

Plus it's the new NFL, 3 WR sets are the norm.

True, but why draft a WR who has the opportunity to be a elite #1 WR just so he can play slot? Ya know? I don't know, just seems like a waste of a pick. For some reason I just don't see WR a need for the lions.

Well they would have him play outside and put Tate in the slot.

And oh yeah it is. We've needed to get 2 WR's all offseason. Right now the only WR's we have to throw to are Clavin and Tate.

If anything I think we draft a WR in the 2nd or 3rd. Take the best defensive player at 10

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  S April 12th 2014, 8:25 pm

lmao God damn just drafted this on http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/

They have like different sites bigboards you can use. I used the fanspeak big board. Gonna use walter footballs next

28  CB DARQUEZE DENNARD MICHIGAN STATE

60  WR ALLEN ROBINSON PENN STATE

92  OT BILLY TURNER NORTH DAKOTA STATE

128  WR CODY LATIMER INDIANA

168  DE BRENT URBAN VIRGINIA

204  G BRANDON LINDER MIAMI

225  S ISAIAH LEWIS MICHIGAN STATE

Talk about fallin in the draft lol
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray May 1st 2014, 9:00 pm

Didn't really realize the NFL draft is in a week until I went on the NFL.com website to look at mock drafts. Anywho, nobody seems to really know where the Bengals will go and neither do I. I think it will all depend on who slips to us. I could see WR but it might be a waste with the depth they already have there. LB is an option, especially if someone like CJ Mosley slips down to us. That might spell the end of Rey Maualuga. But the one position I'd like to see an upgrade at is OT. Andre Smith is really the only option right now unless they move Andrew Whitworth inside. Problem is Whitworth excelled at guard and is getting old. The whole line isn't great but tackle is the one without depth.
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 May 1st 2014, 9:50 pm

it is weird having the draft this late. fucks with my internal football clock
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ May 1st 2014, 9:52 pm

Jets will take any of these 3 players at Pick 18, depending on who is still available, im hoping for Mike Evans

CB Dennard
WR Evans
WR Cooks

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  S May 2nd 2014, 12:58 am

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:it is weird having the draft this late. fucks with my internal football clock
This another one of those things where they changed it for no real reason at all.

Anywho Panthers sitting at 28 Lord knows who falls to us.

Cody Latimer is getting some late first early 2nd looks. Wouldn't be mad with that.

I think one of the good D players slips to us. One of those corners (Fuller, Verrett) Or maybe even Shazier and we snag one of them in the first.

Kuechly Thomas Davis and Shazier would be absolutely filthy. (Matt gonna come say some shit cause he a OSU guy)

Deep WR draft so a good WR can be had in the 2nd and later rounds (Abbrederris (sp))
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 2nd 2014, 2:43 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:it is weird having the draft this late. fucks with my internal football clock

I've tuned damn near everything about the draft out. Everyone is tired of this shit, everyone's internal clock went off.

Goodell is a terrible commissioner from a fans perspective.

And if the draft goes to 4 days, I might stop watching altogether.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 May 2nd 2014, 3:10 pm

MaddMatter wrote:

I've tuned damn near everything about the draft out. Everyone is tired of this shit, everyone's internal clock went off.

Dude, it is hard to fuck up a billion dollar business, but he is fucking trying to. Like you get so used to having the schedule the way it is with shit month by month and he is trying to push everything ahead or back to have 1 key NFL moment a month like the regional combines in march, national combine in april, and draft in may.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 2nd 2014, 3:19 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:

Dude, it is hard to fuck up a billion dollar business, but he is fucking trying to. Like you get so used to having the schedule the way it is with shit month by month and he is trying to push everything ahead or back to have 1 key NFL moment a month like the regional combines in march, national combine in april, and draft in may.

At least the draft is almost here. We can make a whole new thread on why Goodell sucks as commish. I have no clue who the Lions are getting. Hopefully they trade back and get some more 2nd and 3rd rounders, but at 10, is there anyone willing to trade up to that spot?

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker May 2nd 2014, 3:53 pm

MaddMatter wrote:

Only diehard already watch the 4th rd on. I just usually watch the ticker to see who they drafted. What are they gonna do? Do the 1st 16 picks one day and the other 16 the next and give you a fucking half hour to decide so Mayock can run his mouth and run a bunch of clips and speculate. If you want to run the draft on Sundays then they should have kept the old Sat-Sun format. That was a special all day drinking and smoking event and I'm still pissed off about it.

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:

Cuban seems to think he will. OTAs in June. Training camp in July. Preseason in August. Lol.
Willbacker
Willbacker

Street Cred : 30

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 2nd 2014, 3:57 pm

Willbacker wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:

Only diehard already watch the 4th rd on. I just usually watch the ticker to see who they drafted. What are they gonna do? Do the 1st 16 picks one day and the other 16 the next and give you a fucking half hour to decide so Mayock can run his mouth and run a bunch of clips and speculate. If you want to run the draft on Sundays then they should have kept the old Sat-Sun format. That was a special all day drinking and smoking event and I'm still pissed off about it.

It's ridiculous, it already sucks for people that have jobs. (So, everyone) because you have work Friday mornings. I can't imagine how much it must have sucked to be you when you guys won the Super Bowl, did you even get to see your pick?

I'm glad I took a vacation week for this week. I get to relax all week, play MLB The Show and watch the draft and not have to wake up at 2 in the morning for work.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 2nd 2014, 4:08 pm

Going with what Willbacker said in the other thread.

I agree, if Barr is there at 10 I won't be upset taking him

As for the corners. I'd list them like this

Dennard (Guy is a monster in press coverage)
Fuller
Gilbert
Verret.

I'd prefer Dennard because I was able to see him play a lot being in Michigan. I also think Fuller a beast.

I'd like to see us draft either Jimmie Ward or a WR in the 2nd. Jordan Matthews has been a favorite of mine throughout the draft process, and I'm starting to like Cody Lattimer (sp?) more and more

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker May 2nd 2014, 4:15 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
Willbacker wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:

It's ridiculous, it already sucks for people that have jobs. (So, everyone) because you have work Friday mornings. I can't imagine how much it must have sucked to be you when you guys won the Super Bowl, did you even get to see your pick?

I'm glad I took a vacation week for this week. I get to relax all week, play MLB The Show and watch the draft and not have to wake up at 2 in the morning for work.

I've been taking the Fridays and Saturdays off the last couple of years and this year I took the whole week off including tommorrow. Right now I'm in a great frame of mind.

We're picking up the Playstation 4 and the MLB game on Tues. Now I got to come up with 275 dollars. Guess I'm gonna have to put on my Obama mask and rob the liquor store. 275 dollars and a 30 pack.
Willbacker
Willbacker

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker May 2nd 2014, 4:19 pm

MaddMatter wrote:Going with what Willbacker said in the other thread.

I agree, if Barr is there at 10 I won't be upset taking him

As for the corners. I'd list them like this

Dennard (Guy is a monster in press coverage)
Fuller
Gilbert
Verret.

I'd prefer Dennard because I was able to see him play a lot being in Michigan. I also think Fuller a beast.

I'd like to see us draft either Jimmie Ward or a WR in the 2nd. Jordan Matthews has been a favorite of mine throughout the draft process, and I'm starting to like Cody Lattimer (sp?)  more and more

I actually wouldn't mind the Ravens taking Fuller. He can either be the nickel CB(which we need) or possibly at FS which we definitely need.

You threw me off Matt. Lol.
Willbacker
Willbacker

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 2nd 2014, 5:02 pm

Willbacker wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:
Willbacker wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:

I've been taking the Fridays and Saturdays off the last couple of years and this year I took the whole week off including tommorrow. Right now I'm in a great frame of mind.

We're picking up the Playstation 4 and the MLB game on Tues. Now I got to come up with 275 dollars. Guess I'm gonna have to put on my Obama mask and rob the liquor store. 275 dollars and a 30 pack.
Add us on PSN lol I think everyone here has Playstation. Can't wait for the Show.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 May 2nd 2014, 6:05 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
Willbacker wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:
Willbacker wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:

Add us on PSN lol I think everyone here has Playstation. Can't wait for the Show.

Yeah, I'm picking MLB up on Tuesday also.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  S May 2nd 2014, 6:19 pm

Wish I was picking up MLB. Broke college kid struggle with no job is really real.
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ May 2nd 2014, 7:26 pm

S wrote:Wish I was picking up MLB. Broke college kid struggle with no job is really real.

NFL Draft 2014  - Page 4 Black-Struggle
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 3rd 2014, 12:05 pm

The best runningback in the draft:

LOVE this play.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 May 3rd 2014, 4:19 pm

MaddMatter wrote:The best runningback in the draft:

LOVE this play.

he is fast, he isn't "the best" RB. He doesn't have all the skills really. the RB class this year is like all speed guys or thumpers. No 1 guy is the all around crazy Adrian Peterson type work horse
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 3rd 2014, 9:52 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:

LOVE this play.

he is fast, he isn't "the best" RB. He doesn't have all the skills really. the RB class this year is like all speed guys or thumpers. No 1 guy is the all around crazy Adrian Peterson type work horse

... I never said he would be #1, just saying he was going to be the best in the draft.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 3rd 2014, 10:26 pm

http://nflcommunications.com/2014/05/01/transcript-audio-file-of-conference-call-with-nfl-network-analyst-mike-mayock-5114/

I got through most of it earlier.

Amazingly, Mayock doesn't know everything. He said fuck Punters and Kickers until Tuesday, that's when he starts scouting them. lmao

Mayock is like my mother fucking hero, if I could be doing his job in 30 years, I would live a very happy life. This guy can literally recall information such as height/weight/ 40 time and key plays about a division 2 prospect. I'd love to sit down with Mayock and just listen to him talk football all day.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 May 3rd 2014, 10:42 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:

LOVE this play.

... I never said he would be #1, just saying he was going to be the best in the draft.

I didnt say you said he was #1. Just saying he is fast
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ May 3rd 2014, 10:48 pm

sorry fellas, but the best HB in the draft is none other than Mr. Carlos Hyde...have a peek

6'0 236lbs.  he can even catch the ball really good, reminds me alot of Frank Gore or even an Earl Campbell type HB

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next