Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

NFL Draft 2014

+8
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
TRU11
S
BaltRavensFan20
EPICxPENGUIN69
Pintsizedjark
Willbacker
MaddMatter
12 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

NFL Draft 2014  - Page 2 Empty Re: NFL Draft 2014

Post  Browns January 1st 2014, 7:08 pm

MANZIEL TO CLEVELAND MAKE IT HAPPEN
Browns
Browns

Street Cred : 41

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 January 1st 2014, 8:22 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:without a doubt the Jets need a  big ass WR..really wished we wouldve taken Alshon Jeffrey when we had the chance,  we need someone like him

Yea. I like mike evans, a little less last night but he is my #1 target if I am the jets. Big, fast, sure hands. You needs to get his mind right and in the game to prevent getting unsportsmanlike penalties.

Jace Amaro fro TTU is my favorite TE in this draft. 6'6 270, great hands, really athletic. They moved him all around the field at TTU and is a great red zone threat.

we cannot be happy with a 5'11 holmes clone. Our who receiving corps this year with the exception of Nelson we picked up off waivers was like 5'10 to 6'1. We lead the league in slot receivers.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ January 1st 2014, 9:40 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:without a doubt the Jets need a  big ass WR..really wished we wouldve taken Alshon Jeffrey when we had the chance,  we need someone like him

Yea. I like mike evans, a little less last night but he is my #1 target if I am the jets. Big, fast, sure hands. You needs to get his mind right and in the game to prevent getting unsportsmanlike penalties.

Jace Amaro fro TTU is my favorite TE in this draft. 6'6 270, great hands, really athletic. They moved him all around the field at TTU and is a great red zone threat.

we cannot be happy with a 5'11 holmes clone. Our who receiving corps this year with the exception of Nelson we picked up off waivers was like 5'10 to 6'1. We lead the league in slot receivers.

100% ..we need a legit #1 and some speedy small guys ( we already have those ) ..i wouldnt mind a Jimmy Graham clone at TE but im not disappointed with Cumberland at all, he played his part this year....lets just hope Rex doesnt get all Defensive on us like he has for the past 5 Drafts
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  S January 1st 2014, 11:53 pm

Browns wrote:MANZIEL TO CLEVELAND MAKE IT HAPPEN
Yall just better get the right coach otherwise Manziel flops there
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 January 2nd 2014, 2:15 am

S wrote:

I don't trust him as an NFL qb. he is an extremely talented individual but i have a few problems with him
-size
-system he plays in
-level of coaching received at A&M
-off the field shit
-ball security
-football IQ
-throwing motion
-footwork
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 January 2nd 2014, 6:58 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
S wrote:

I don't trust him as an NFL qb. he is an extremely talented individual but i have a few problems with him
-size
-system he plays in
-off the field shit
-ball security
-football IQ
-throwing motion
-footwork

And the fact that he'd be going to a cesspool that is the Browns organization among other things.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  Browns January 2nd 2014, 7:12 pm

tubbs51 wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
S wrote:

-size
-system he plays in
-off the field shit
-ball security
-football IQ
-throwing motion
-footwork

And the fact that he'd be going to a cesspool that is the Browns organization among other things.
Man shut the fuck up already
Browns
Browns

Street Cred : 41

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 January 2nd 2014, 9:06 pm

Browns wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
S wrote:

-size
-system he plays in
-off the field shit
-ball security
-football IQ
-throwing motion
-footwork

he has a point. the browns are in flux both with fairly new ownership and bringing in a new coach with all the players pretty upset over how the previous coach was fired.

they need stability and need to quit changing themselves every other week
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 January 5th 2014, 12:15 pm

Browns wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
S wrote:

-size
-system he plays in
-off the field shit
-ball security
-football IQ
-throwing motion
-footwork

hey, i didnt mean it in a bad way... Its the truth though. How many coaches and front offices has that team gone through since it came back? Too fucking many. They've had almost as many coaches this past decade as others have had in their franchise's entirety. Just saying that the Browns owner needs to be patient. Nothing changes overnight. He just needs to give people more than 1 fucking year. I was upset when the Hawks Shitcanned Mora even though he was a shitty NFL coach. You dont tell a coach and GM to turn a team from a cellar dweller to a championship caliber team. Its a highly unrealistic expectation that 99.9% of the time will never come to fruition.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 January 6th 2014, 12:55 pm

heres what i see going down now with the bengals. Dalton and Lewis will be on their last year of their contracts.

They trade out of the 1st round this year, get an extra 1st rounder next year to have 2 and hope to get a top 10 pick from that team.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray January 6th 2014, 1:32 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:heres what i see going down now with the bengals. Dalton and Lewis will be on their last year of their contracts.

They trade out of the 1st round this year, get an extra 1st rounder next year to have 2 and hope to get a top 10 pick from that team.

Lol that's funny. You don't trade a guy who has steadily improved over his first 3 seasons just because he struggled in the playoffs. Getting rid of Lewis would be nice though
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 January 6th 2014, 1:57 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:heres what i see going down now with the bengals. Dalton and Lewis will be on their last year of their contracts.

Lol that's funny. You don't trade a guy who has steadily improved over his first 3 seasons just because he struggled in the playoffs. Getting rid of Lewis would be nice though

you dont trade dalton. he is going into his last year of his deal. this year. you dump your 1st round pick, trade down, get a 1st next year (2 1st round picks for the 2015 draft) that way it is sink or swim with Dalton.

He plays well - resign
He plays shitty - let him become a FA and get a compensatory pick in return when he gets sign.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray January 6th 2014, 2:13 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

you dont trade dalton. he is going into his last year of his deal. this year. you dump your 1st round pick, trade down, get a 1st next year (2 1st round picks for the 2015 draft) that way it is sink or swim with Dalton.

He plays well - resign
He plays shitty - let him become a FA and get a compensatory pick in return when he gets sign.

They could but I think they need to get an additional second-rounder in this year's draft then. They need a LB, whether it's inside or outside and they move Burfict inside. Maualuga is so-so and James Harrison... well fuck James Harrison. I thought maybe they would go with Vincent Rey more after Maualuga went down and Rey stepped up but apparently not. They also need a safety because Reggie Nelson is really the only good one. Maybe George Iloka can be the SS of the future but I don't know.
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 January 6th 2014, 2:59 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

He plays well - resign

They could but I think they need to get an additional second-rounder in this year's draft then. They need a LB, whether it's inside or outside and they move Burfict inside. Maualuga is so-so and James Harrison... well fuck James Harrison. I thought maybe they would go with Vincent Rey more after Maualuga went down and Rey stepped up but apparently not. They also need a safety because Reggie Nelson is really the only good one. Maybe George Iloka can be the SS of the future but I don't know.

If that were the case, they would probably have to get rid of the 2015 2nd round pick. You don't see teams giving up a next years 1st, current year 2nd to move up. it is usually a 1st and 3rd towards the back end of the 1st round to move up.

its not out of the question but i say (Team X) in the top 10-15 wants to trade up or (Team Z) who doesnt have a 1st rounder and wants to trade up. (Team Z) is less likely to give a next year 1st while (Team X) is more likely because they already have a top pick and most likely took a QB or trading up to get a QB.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  S January 13th 2014, 8:56 pm

Hi,

My name is S and my team is out of the playoffs. (hi S...)

Anyways, the Panthers offense needs more weapons. Our receivers suck so on top of S's big board is WR. Smitty is old, I love him but he is no longer the number 1 threat that we all once knew and loved. Yeah he's still very good but he is losing his athletic ability and being 5'9 isn't helping his cause. Brandon Lafell is a 3 or 4 WR on his good days, his contract is up wouldn't be surprised if they didn't bring him back. Ted Ginn's contract is up as well. He can come back...to return kicks. He has no real business being in the WR rotation. Everyone else on our roster is sucks cut em all.

We're gonna be picking pretty late so I expect Watkins, Evans, (maybe Lee) to be gone by then. If those 3 are gone I want us to grab Jordan Matthews out of Vanderbilt. The guys a balla in the SEC at vanderbilt with inconsistent QB play. 6'3 205 good size, runs good routes I'll take him

We also need Olinemen lot of O linemen. Gross's contract is up and he's deciding if he will retire or not. He is playing here or no where. All of our guards were hurt this year so who the hell knows there. Ryan Kalil one of if not the best center in football so we're good there, and our RT sucks so cut that nigga.

Defense
Front 7 good, maybe draft a linebacker or pray the one we drafted last year can fill that other OLB spot.

The secondary, garbage. Keep Mike Mitchell at safety, maybe resign Captain Munnerlyn but he can only play the slot dude got exposed against Boldin (a lot of people do) but I expect better from my #1 corner.
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter January 14th 2014, 12:07 pm

S wrote:Hi,

Anyways, the Panthers offense needs more weapons. Our receivers suck so on top of S's big board is WR. Smitty is old, I love him but he is no longer the number 1 threat that we all once knew and loved. Yeah he's still very good but he is losing his athletic ability and being 5'9 isn't helping his cause. Brandon Lafell is a 3 or 4 WR on his good days, his contract is up wouldn't be surprised if they didn't bring him back. Ted Ginn's contract is up as well. He can come back...to return kicks. He has no real business being in the WR rotation. Everyone else on our roster is sucks cut em all.

We're gonna be picking pretty late so I expect Watkins, Evans, (maybe Lee) to be gone by then. If those 3 are gone I want us to grab Jordan Matthews out of Vanderbilt. The guys a balla in the SEC at vanderbilt with inconsistent QB play. 6'3 205 good size, runs good routes I'll take him

We also need Olinemen lot of O linemen. Gross's contract is up and he's deciding if he will retire or not. He is playing here or no where. All of our guards were hurt this year so who the hell knows there. Ryan Kalil one of if not the best center in football so we're good there, and our RT sucks so cut that nigga.

Defense
Front 7 good, maybe draft a linebacker or pray the one we drafted last year can fill that other OLB spot.

The secondary, garbage. Keep Mike Mitchell at safety, maybe resign Captain Munnerlyn but he can only play the slot dude got exposed against Boldin (a lot of people do) but I expect better from my #1 corner.

Welcome S, glad to see you join us.

I like Matthews to, guy is a baller. But I think he projects as a #2 WR more than a #2. If he's there I'd take him, but I'd still be looking for a legit #1. Maclin is a free agent, as well as Decker. You might be able to sign one and draft one.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  S January 14th 2014, 8:20 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
S wrote:Hi,

Defense

Welcome S, glad to see you join us.

I like Matthews to, guy is a baller. But I think he projects as a #2 WR more than a #2. If he's there I'd take him, but I'd still be looking for a legit #1. Maclin is a free agent, as well as Decker. You might be able to sign one and draft one.
I like Kelvin Benjamin I feel like he may not be there when we pick tho.

Our GM had a press conference today, pretty much he wants O linemen. But fuck we need receivers we can't keep ignoring that shit in the draft. If Benjamin is there we gotta take him
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter February 1st 2014, 9:47 am

So Sammy Watkins isn't falling to #10.

Guys I've been looking at:

Mike Evans
Jordan Matthews
Clinton-Dix
That Center from Colorado State

Man the draft is in May, still 3 months away Sad.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  S February 1st 2014, 1:58 pm

This Allen Robinson guy is catching my eye
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 February 1st 2014, 4:47 pm

I'm hoping the Ravens pick up one of the bigger WRs like Benjamin or Evans, I'm thinking Kubiak is going to want another Johnson type receiver now that he is on the Ravens. They already have Pitta, and they could prob use another TE to compliment Pitta since Kubiak likes using TEs.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker February 2nd 2014, 11:55 am

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:I'm hoping the Ravens pick up one of the bigger WRs like Benjamin or Evans, I'm thinking Kubiak is going to want another Johnson type receiver now that he is on the Ravens. They already have Pitta, and they could prob use another TE to compliment Pitta since Kubiak likes using TEs.

Check out Eric Ebron(TE). I like Evans but I think Buff or Det is gonna take him and I think Benjamin drops too many balls. I'd like to drop back about 6 spots and get either Beckham Jr or Allen Robinson. Those cats are players.
Willbacker
Willbacker

Street Cred : 30

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 February 2nd 2014, 2:18 pm

Willbacker wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:I'm hoping the Ravens pick up one of the bigger WRs like Benjamin or Evans, I'm thinking Kubiak is going to want another Johnson type receiver now that he is on the Ravens. They already have Pitta, and they could prob use another TE to compliment Pitta since Kubiak likes using TEs.

Check out Eric Ebron(TE). I like Evans but I think Buff or Det is gonna take him and I think Benjamin drops too many balls. I'd like to drop back about 6 spots and get either Beckham Jr or Allen Robinson. Those cats are players.

If they can find a big bodied TE like graham or gronk that can work in the slot and provide mismatches, then I don't think they need to get a big bodied WR. Either/or I'll be happy.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 February 4th 2014, 5:41 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray February 4th 2014, 6:39 pm

Ya I agree with what they said about the Bengals. I saw on some of the mock drafts, they have us taking CJ Mosley which would be awesome. Him and Burfict would make a great OLB combo. Then hopefully they can get a safety in the second round
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter February 4th 2014, 6:51 pm

CB, WR, Safety? Yeah I could see that

The Lions have actually drafted 4 CB's in the last 2 drafts. 2nd, 3rd,5th and 7th rounds.

I expect Darius Slay to play better, as he was playing really well towards the end of the year.
Bill Bentley is decent in the slot, last year was basically his rookie year since he missed most of his rookie year with a shoulder injury.
Jonte Green played decent as a 5th round rookie pressed into a starting role 2 years ago, but wasn't on the active roster much last year.
Chris Greenwood was signed off the practice squad by Dallas, but released and put back on the PS with us, got onto the active roster and played, actually, pretty well considering he was a7th round pick from Albion.

So do I think they take a corner? Not in the first or second rounds. Which would mean, no I don't expect them to take a corner really until the later rounds.

I do think we may cut Louis Delmas, I love the guy, but he misses tackles, and can't practice because of his knees.

I think we take a Safety/WR in rounds 1 and 2. Don't care in which order. I would probably want Dix and Matthews right now, then probably get a LB in the 3rd, a depth player at Tackle, a Center, a QB to develop and maybe a DE to develop.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next