Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

NFL Draft 2014

+8
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
TRU11
S
BaltRavensFan20
EPICxPENGUIN69
Pintsizedjark
Willbacker
MaddMatter
12 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

NFL Draft 2014  - Page 7 Empty Re: NFL Draft 2014

Post  MaddMatter May 10th 2014, 9:05 pm

Loved the Lions picks today.

Developmental DE,DT and CB.

As well as a WR.

oh AND A KICKER!!! WOOHOO!!!!

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 May 11th 2014, 3:03 am

I think it is funny with the scouting of QBs where you see potentially like 6-9 QBs go in the 1st round, you see like 3. You see Mettenberger who is some mocks were projected to go 1st round, ends up in the 6th
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 11th 2014, 3:48 am

I think the picks I'm most excited to see, are the small school lineman.

Larry Webster the DE out of Bloomsberg and Caraun Reid DT out of Princeton.

Webster had 26 sacks the last 2 seasons and Caraun had 20 sacks and 36.5 TFL the past 3 seasons.

Now I know they are small school guys and I don't expect much this year outside of rotational play. But the Lions have shown that they are good at developing D-lineman, where they developed 4th round Sammie Lee Hill out of Stillman, 7th round Willie Young out of North Carolina State and 4th round Devin Taylor out of South Carolina.

So I am excited to see these two young guns play. I don't know if it's the small school, or the lineman aspect that intrigues me, but these guys got me excited more than any of the other picks.

Also: I want to see how Caraun impacts the offseason next year. Both Fairley and Suh's contracts will be up, not saying it will be big, but something to look for.

Also 2: Loved when Daniel Jaramiuh (terrible spelling) the scout guy on NFL N was talking about these guys. Saying he was with Jim Washburn in Philly (now the Lions D-line coach) and Washburn just saying "If he can get off the ball, I can work with him. Just make sure he can get off the ball"

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 May 11th 2014, 3:52 am

The video of Michael Sam with his boy friend when he is getting drafted was kind of cool. It makes me think of the bill burr joke.

"YEAH! RUN YOUR FINGERS THROUGH HIS CHEST HAIR!
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ May 11th 2014, 4:28 am

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:The video of Michael Sam with his boy friend when he is getting drafted was kind of cool. It makes me think of the bill burr joke.

"YEAH! RUN YOUR FINGERS THROUGH HIS CHEST HAIR!

well, whatever it reminded you of, you need to go kiss the next available male person next to you...isnt so much fun now is it Jackass!!...on a dif note, fuck this draft!!! lett he season begin!!! hey EPIC, go kiss your mancrush
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 May 11th 2014, 5:40 am

I am confused, is master hating on me because I thought Sam kissing his BF as kind of cool footage or is he trolling me right now?

I just thought it was cool footage. I'm not gay, but you see that and it's just joy all around in the room, Sam, his boy friend, the family and friends and teammates. It is like the Ebron footage of him and his GF on the empire state building and he asks her to marry him and all the folks and other draft picks are looking on giving him applause (stats say there is a 50/50 shot they get divorced, but what ever)

You see lives changed by the draft. You go from nobody to famous millionaire in a matter of minutes.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ May 11th 2014, 10:56 am

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:I am confused, is master hating on me because I thought Sam kissing his BF as kind of cool footage or is he trolling me right now?

I just thought it was cool footage. I'm not gay, but you see that and it's just joy all around in the room, Sam, his boy friend, the family and friends and teammates. It is like the Ebron footage of him and his GF on the empire state building and he asks her to marry him and all the folks and other draft picks are looking on giving him applause (stats say there is a 50/50 shot they get divorced, but what ever)

You see lives changed by the draft. You go from nobody to famous millionaire in a matter of minutes.

aye....lol i dont even remeber writing what i wrote, lol..no harm no foul
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark May 11th 2014, 11:19 am

the only thing with that Sam footage is that I specifically feel like ESPN is trying to push an agenda, that's what bugs me the most.

I was reading the espn article about it last night and the comments were hilarious.. half of the people defending the footage were saying "if you don't like it then don't watch!" - no. you cannot tell anyone to not watch the NFL DRAFT or ESPN if they don't want to see that, that's absurd.

good for the kid for getting drafted, but I really hate the hype. like, before day 2 of the draft there was a headline on espn "Michael Sam, other top prospects still available for day 2".... STOP, he's not and never was a top prospect...please don't make such a big deal out of a 7th round pick... as bad as it sounds, I kinda hope he gets cut before the regular season JUST TO avoid all of the future media headlines that would essentially say "7th round pick gets playing time!" ... "7th rounder makes team!" - it drives me insane.

Pintsizedjark

Street Cred : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray May 11th 2014, 11:34 am

S wrote:Jaguars having a good draft

Bortles, Marquis Lee, and Allen Robinson

Giving Bortles 2 weapons to team up Cecil Shorts and Blackmon who will probably get suspended. But still good for them. Got some good free agents that came in. Jags might actually be ok

I thought Blackmon is getting cut?

Anyways, Bengals added McCarron and now everyone thinks Dalton is gone. Jesus stupid fucks. There was literally a guy on the Facebook page for the Bengals that said he's "pretty much an NFL analyst" and then stated that McCarron is already as good as Dalton, just doesn't have the experience. Wtf
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  S May 11th 2014, 12:46 pm

Michael Sam got himself a white bitch. #teaminterracial
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 11th 2014, 1:06 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
S wrote:Jaguars having a good draft

Bortles, Marquis Lee, and Allen Robinson

Giving Bortles 2 weapons to team up Cecil Shorts and Blackmon who will probably get suspended. But still good for them. Got some good free agents that came in. Jags might actually be ok

I thought Blackmon is getting cut?

Anyways, Bengals added McCarron and now everyone thinks Dalton is gone. Jesus stupid fucks. There was literally a guy on the Facebook page for the Bengals that said he's "pretty much an NFL analyst" and then stated that McCarron is already as good as Dalton, just doesn't have the experience.  Wtf

After the Ebron pick I said something like "Man Lions fans just love to bitch. I bet people would be pissed if we picked Deion Sanders."

In which several people were smart enough to say "I would have been pissed, we got Barry, you dumbass." Not understanding my point, proved my point. I hate when people don't know what they are talking about.

It's like people are pissed as fuck that we got Travis Swanson. And I'm like these are the same people that are pissed that Raiola has been the center for the last 14 years, you can never win.

As for the Sam footage, I didn't see it, but I heard about it. What was ESPN's goal? I hate the fact that they had cameras at his house, what about the other 7th round picks? I understand it's a big thing in the LBGT community to let Sam have his fame, so I guess if this is the only time we have to watch a 7th round pick celebrate being drafted fine, let's get it out of the way, but if when another 7th round gay athlete comes out, there better not be cameras there because he is a 7th round pick, don't make the story bigger than it needs to be.

Hell Sam's not even going to make the team, practice squad at best, just the fact for 7th round picks that aren't kickers/punters.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker May 11th 2014, 1:25 pm

Pintsizedjark wrote:the only thing with that Sam footage is that I specifically feel like ESPN is trying to push an agenda, that's what bugs me the most.

I was reading the espn article about it last night and the comments were hilarious.. half of the people defending the footage were saying "if you don't like it then don't watch!" - no. you cannot tell anyone to not watch the NFL DRAFT or ESPN if they don't want to see that, that's absurd.

good for the kid for getting drafted, but I really hate the hype. like, before day 2 of the draft there was a headline on espn "Michael Sam, other top prospects still available for day 2".... STOP, he's not and never was a top prospect...please don't make such a big deal out of a 7th round pick... as bad as it sounds, I kinda hope he gets cut before the regular season JUST TO avoid all of the future media headlines that would essentially say "7th round pick gets playing time!" ... "7th rounder makes team!" - it drives me insane.

+1. If gay people want to be accepted quit sensationalizing and making a big deal out of everything. Look at me. Look at me.

It was really weird but yesterday I figgered we're done with the draft and one of my buddies just happened to turn it back on and the Ravens were on the clock in the 7th rd(we traded a 2015 6th rd) and selected Mike Campanaro a WR i was wanting earlier in the draft. I did at least 4 cartwhells,some frontward rolls and a couple backflips while yelling my ass off the whole time. Well not really except for the yelling. I don't think I've ever been that excited over a 7th rd pick and I just can't get over how weird it was that the channel got flipped back on right at the right moment. Lol.
Willbacker
Willbacker

Street Cred : 30

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 11th 2014, 2:10 pm

Willbacker wrote:
Pintsizedjark wrote:the only thing with that Sam footage is that I specifically feel like ESPN is trying to push an agenda, that's what bugs me the most.

+1. If gay people want to be accepted quit sensationalizing and making a big deal out of everything. Look at me. Look at me.

It was really weird but yesterday I figgered we're done with the draft and one of my buddies just happened to turn it back on and the Ravens were on the clock in the 7th rd(we traded a 2015 6th rd) and selected Mike Campanaro a WR i was wanting earlier in the draft. I did at least 4 cartwhells,some frontward rolls and a couple backflips while yelling my ass off the whole time. Well not really except for the yelling. I don't think I've ever been that excited over a 7th rd pick and I just can't get over how weird it was that the channel got flipped back on right at the right moment. Lol.

I understand that feeling, I was that excited when I saw we signed Kellen Moore after the draft a couple years ago.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 15th 2014, 5:45 pm

MaddMatter wrote:Yes, I'm making this thread. Regular season isn't even 12 hours old, but fuck it.

Lions got the 10th pick.

As of right now, I'm looking at 3 players.

1. Darquez Dennard (spelling?) the corner from MSU
2. Sammy Watkins WR Clemson
3. Mike Evans WR Texas A@M

Positions for the Lions to look at
WR
CB
C
TE possibly
Kicker for sure
QB?

Actually looking back on it. Evans and Watkins were both gone by 10, but the Lions drafted every position except QB. I was actually 3-3 on Lions picks during the draft. Then I got thrown off in the 4th round. But going 3 for 3 was pretty fucking cool.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 16th 2014, 3:18 am

Seems like some very good pick ups for the Steelers. Shazier an excellent LB to help us since we haven't found a solid player since Farrior for that middle spot next to Timmons.

Archer and Martarvis are projects that could pay off in the long run.

Hope we can get Tuitt into the starting line up and with him wearing 91 he has some very big shoes to fill.

Very interesting and hope our last 8 games translates into how the Steelers handle themselves during OTAs and minicamp.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7