Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Playoffs/wildcard rd

+5
BaltRavensFan20
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
S
MaddMatter
Willbacker
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Playoffs/wildcard rd - Page 2 Empty Re: Playoffs/wildcard rd

Post  MaddMatter January 5th 2015, 9:35 am

Games like that make me not want to watch the NFL.

Plain and simple. I've never bought into the whole "NFL is rigged" shit until today.

Dez Bryant runs onto the field- no call
PI call- somehow for some reason gets picked up?
Demarco Murray takes his helmet off after a TD- no flag
Suh was blatantly held twice in 2 plays and there were no calls (He got sacks, but still)

I truly believe the NFL wanted Dallas to win this game.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker January 5th 2015, 11:10 am

MaddMatter wrote:Games like that make me not want to watch the NFL.

Plain and simple. I've never bought into the whole "NFL is rigged" shit until today.

Suh was blatantly held twice in 2 plays and there were no calls (He got sacks, but still)

I'm behind you 100%.I've watched that video replay of the noncall PI and yeah si it may be faceguarding he still ran over the receiver and didn't look at the ball. Wtf they want. Now what are they going to do allow people not to look at the ball run over them and call it faceguarding. The Dez Bryant thing is another one and I haven't heard one explanation about that. The airwaves in Detroit gotta be rocking today. Sorry about the way it went down man. The refs screwed that one up and there ain't no amount of apologies that can fix that crap.
Willbacker
Willbacker

Street Cred : 30

Back to top Go down

Post  S January 5th 2015, 11:27 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:panthers are 33% complete with thier 3 sweep!!! leggo Panthers!!!
Playoffs/wildcard rd - Page 2 382
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray January 5th 2015, 12:12 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:Well Hurp.... I'm sorry....

Are we really surprised anymore? I wasn't expecting a win in this one. One of the top passing attacks going up against an average pass defense that can't get after the QB. Whoever thought Wallace Gilberry could be a regular pass rusher was sadly mistaken. And Geno Atkins just didn't look great at all this season. They need to look at pass rushing this offseason. If they can keep the rest of the defense in place, I think they'll be a lot better. They just need pass rushing.

As for Dalton... he needs to step up. His numbers fell off this season and he can't blame the rest of the offense for it. That solely falls on him
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  S January 5th 2015, 12:31 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:

Are we really surprised anymore? I wasn't expecting a win in this one. One of the top passing attacks going up against an average pass defense that can't get after the QB. Whoever thought Wallace Gilberry could be a regular pass rusher was sadly mistaken. And Geno Atkins just didn't look great at all this season. They need to look at pass rushing this offseason. If they can keep the rest of the defense in place, I think they'll be a lot better. They just need pass rushing.

As for Dalton... he needs to step up. His numbers fell off this season and he can't blame the rest of the offense for it. That solely falls on him

It might be time for ol Marvin. What is he like 0-6 in the playoffs?
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 January 5th 2015, 12:50 pm

S wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

who are you replacing Lewis with?
What QB are you replacing Dalton with?

We all want change and want to win but honestly would you want to be close and no cigar year after year or want to be like the browns where you are a revolving door at QB and coach?

Why do you thin I wanted Rex to stay? that me and master were patient for a while with sanchez and geno. Yea sure we were frustrated but football isn't an over night sport most of the time. Yes we see teams go from 1-15 to 11-5 like the dolphins the one year but take a deep breath and realize what you got before you go wanting more
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker January 5th 2015, 6:35 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
S wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

We all want change and want to win but honestly would you want to be close and no cigar year after year or want to be like the browns where you are a revolving door at QB and coach?

Why do you thin I wanted Rex to stay? that me and master were patient for a while with sanchez and geno. Yea sure we were frustrated but football isn't an over night sport most of the time. Yes we see teams go from 1-15 to 11-5 like the dolphins the one year but take a deep breath and realize what you got before you go wanting more

Micael Johnson must have been a major loss. Bengals had absolutely no passrush which I don't blame coaching 100% for this but I'd put them on the hotseat for preparation. Last 4 yrs 1 and done and Marvin was one and done with Carson also before this. I look at the Bengals roster and see a shitload of talent especially on D which needed to be the unit to at least get them past the 1st rd but that didn't happen. All I did was see them drawing a full blue circle on replays that was showing the QB had a nice fully protected pocket. The secondary can only cover so long. Its time for Marvin to go. He did a great job of turning around the franchize and made them viable which he should be commended for but you gotta take the next step. If you don't mind treading water.....
Willbacker
Willbacker

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter January 5th 2015, 6:43 pm

Willbacker wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:Games like that make me not want to watch the NFL.

I'm behind you 100%.I've watched that video replay of the noncall PI and yeah si it may be faceguarding he still ran over the receiver and didn't look at the ball. Wtf they want. Now what are they going to do allow people not to look at the ball run over them and call it faceguarding. The Dez Bryant thing is another one and I haven't heard one explanation about that. The airwaves in Detroit gotta be rocking today. Sorry about the way it went down man. The refs screwed that one up and there ain't no amount of apologies that can fix that crap.

Honestly, though. The NFL has a huge problem on it's hands and it needs to be fixed. The officiating is garbage game in and game out and I'm tired of the Lions making new rules for everyone.
-Calvin Johnson Rule
- The reason all scoring plays are review is because of terrible officiating in the Lions-Packers game in 2011 where Titus Young scored what would have been 3 TD's (crazy, as it sounds Titus Young was actually a good player when he wasn't being a complete jackass)
-Throwing the challenge flag results in no replay at all. (Houston game)
-That play this year vs Arizona that no one understood, where the player batted it at the one yard line, but he held possession of the ball long enough to call it dead, when no one ever calls it dead, that negated a 55 yard return.

NFL officiating is atrocious and it's ruining the game. I can understand if a better team just goes out and beats you (Like the Patriots and Packers did to us) but when refs are able to influence the game as they did in the Cardinals and Dallas game, it's fucking bullshit.

I know everyone on this site can point to multiple games of their own teams and give examples of how the officials screwed them. Maybe we should stop making excuses like "good teams overcome bad officiating" and make the officials liable for their fuck ups. If a punt returner fumbles a punt to many times, he gets cut. If an official makes to many bad calls, he is either defended by Blandino, or gets promoted to do a playoff game.

FIX THIS SHIT NFL.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter January 5th 2015, 6:46 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
S wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

I understand Hurp being patient with Dalton, because I'm almost in the same boat with Stafford. They both need to perform better plain and simple.

Outsiders opinion though, Dalton just doesn't look like he has it. What is it? 3 years in a row where they are one and done in the playoffs? How many points have they scored in those 3 games?

Marvin Lewis, I think Hurp is right, it might be time for him to go. Hell, maybe promote Hue Jackson, but Marvin is like Jeff Fisher, he does just enough to not get fired. Lewis is a good coach don't get me wrong, but sometimes you just need a change of scenery.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy January 5th 2015, 7:08 pm

Whats it matter? the Pats are gonna shit on anyone who comes to Gillette anyways.

Ok im kidding. Im honestly not worried about Baltimore with its bad match up issues. It will be a good game but Im more worried about DEN and SEA. 

At this point, with the serious flaws that the Pats have, Im really rooting for anyone othe rthan DEN. I fuckin hate Peyton (I cant stop saying "50 Omaha set hut" and its driving my wife crazy. FUCK YOUR CHICKEN PARM PEYTON!!!!!
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy January 5th 2015, 7:11 pm

Playoffs/wildcard rd - Page 2 54549301
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter January 5th 2015, 7:15 pm

RSoxGuy wrote:Whats it matter? the Pats are gonna shit on anyone who comes to Gillette anyways.

Ok im kidding. Im honestly not worried about Baltimore with its bad match up issues. It will be a good game but Im more worried about DEN and SEA. 

At this point, with the serious flaws that the Pats have, Im really rooting for anyone othe rthan DEN. I fuckin hate Peyton (I cant stop saying "50 Omaha set hut" and its driving my wife crazy. FUCK YOUR CHICKEN PARM PEYTON!!!!!

There's a joke about "losing feeling in my toes" and Suh saying he couldn't feel his feet, somewhere in there as well.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker January 5th 2015, 8:13 pm

RSoxGuy wrote:Whats it matter? the Pats are gonna shit on anyone who comes to Gillette anyways.

I feel like I'm missing something here. Balt has bad matchup issues with the serious flaws that the Pats have.
Willbacker
Willbacker

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 January 5th 2015, 8:32 pm

Suh was going to get married

Got cold feet
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray January 5th 2015, 11:39 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
S wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

I understand Hurp being patient with Dalton, because I'm almost in the same boat with Stafford. They both need to perform better plain and simple.

Outsiders opinion though, Dalton just doesn't look like he has it. What is it? 3 years in a row where they are one and done in the playoffs? How many points have they scored in those 3 games?

Marvin Lewis, I think Hurp is right, it might be time for him to go. Hell, maybe promote Hue Jackson, but Marvin is like Jeff Fisher, he does just enough to not get fired. Lewis is a good coach don't get me wrong, but sometimes you just need a change of scenery.

4 years in a row Matt... four years in a row. This one made sense. It wasn't at home and we didn't match up well. But still, Dalton didn't play well. And he honestly didn't play well this entire season. I know AJ Green was hurt at times but he wasn't sacked much, he had an amazing rushing attack, and Sanu and Gresham were still there. If the Bengals were a 6-10 team, it would be like the Bears situation with Cutler. But because they're a playoff team, there were no questions about him being benched.

As for Marvin Lewis, Matt said it best. He isn't getting it done and has made some questionable decisions. He finally gave Vincent Rey a chance but he should have been starting much sooner than he did. He played phenomenal in the previous season when he was filling in. And yet they didn't give him a chance but had guys like Michael Boley starting. Geno Atkins arguably should have been benched because he did not play well.

The Bengals will have a good team going into the 2014-2015 season. They have a bunch of great, young pieces to build around. But it starts with Dalton playing better and a better pass rush
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter January 6th 2015, 6:39 pm

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 January 6th 2015, 6:52 pm

Take the dick out of you ass and chill. Honestly, who cares? The NFL is the WWE when it comes to football. College and High School football pale in comparison when it comes to "story lines" heading into games.

Jesus christ the stats, the injuries, the players, ESPN, CBS, NBC, FOX talk about days leading up to games is ridiculous.

"Well last year, so and so stomped on the terrible towel, Steelers players took offense and are going to get revenge"

Shut the fuck up, statistically speaking, half that team wasn't there last year.

The NFL is a joke and getting mad about and talking about it plays exactly into what they want you to do.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker January 6th 2015, 8:03 pm

The NFL elects allstar casts of refs instead of of allstar crews. Work together all year and split you up during the playoffs. Sound thinking.
Willbacker
Willbacker

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ January 6th 2015, 10:40 pm

the wierd thing about that PI that really wasnt PI and now called facegaurding is the EXACT SAME thing that the Jets CB Kyle Wilson does at least 3 times per game, never looks back at the ball and swats his hands in hopes of breaking up a pass..guess what? HE gets a flag thrown EVERY time...nobody picks it up either..TOTAL BS win for the cowboys and an obvious rig by the NFL for the Cowboys..i mean they didnt even flag Dez for charging the field without a helmet and getting in the refs face on the same play? lmfao..im glad i actually stopped betting real money on these games
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ January 6th 2015, 11:08 pm

while we are on the subject of rigged NFL games, i can attest to an actual real rigging of a game between the Eagles and the Giants back in the late 70s..heres the story..

my mother was a bartender for over 15 years at this place called The Park Lounge in Levittown NY, one late Saturday night this guy comes running into the bar pulls out a gun and  threw it in the garbage can behind the bar, he then quickly took a stool at the bar...my Mother didnt know what to say or do, the guy told her to tell any police that may come in that he has been sitting at the bar for several hours and NOT mention the gun he just threw in the trash can....a few mins later  cops came in and questioned my Mother about any patrons that may have just got to the bar,  there was only like 5 people in the place and she told the cops that they have all been there for a couple hours, the cops thanked her and left...my Mother walks over to the guy and tells him he needs to get his gun out of the trash and leave,the guy asks her if she is a "betting woman" , my Mom didnt know what he meant, he said "do you bet on any sports like Football ? " , she told him that she does a little bit here and there  but only like 5 dollars at the most, he told her that for helping him with an alibi to the police that he had some inside info for her and that she could take her life savings and make a bet that is gaurenteed to win, as his thanks...the guys says " take the Giants and GIVE 29 and a half points to the Eagles" ..my Mother laughed even harder because the Giants STUNK!! they were the armpit of the NFL in the mid to late 70s and she knew this because it was my Fathers favorite team...she thanked him for the info and said she would think about it, the guy got his gun and left....my Mom told my Dad about this and he laughed too, the Eagles were a very dominant team and the Giants not so much, so they dismissed the guy as a lunatic...fast forward to Sunday late morning, my Mom is working at the bar getting ready for the games and she makes a couple bets with regular customers and laying out those outrageous Odds, some people take her bets totalling about 25 dollars...shes TAKING the Giants and GIVING the Eagles 29 and a Half points!!! lol, the Eagles were favored to win the game by almost 3 TDs!!!  ..Final Score? Giants 62 Eagles 10
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 January 6th 2015, 11:57 pm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyg/1972.htm
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/phi/1972.htm
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/197211260nyg.htm

Some stats on that game

I don't think the Giants were a laughing stock, they were 8-6 that year and the Eagle were 2-8-1 going into that game and the giants were 7-4 going into the game.

I call bunk. Why would a 2-8-1 team be favored by 3+ TDs against a 7-4 team?
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ January 7th 2015, 7:33 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyg/1972.htm

Some stats on that game

I don't think the Giants were a laughing stock, they were 8-6 that year and the Eagle were 2-8-1 going into that game and the giants were 7-4 going into the game.

look, thats the story i was told, maybe the score was different? i know it was a 29 and a half point spread and the Giants were terrible and yes the eagles were favored my almost 3 TDs in that game
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 January 7th 2015, 11:03 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

Some stats on that game

look, thats the story i was told,  maybe the score was different? i know it was a 29 and a half point spread and the Giants were terrible and yes the eagles were favored my almost 3 TDs in that game

and I'm saying, look at the stats and tell me why I should I believe that? I'm not being a dick or trying to ruin your story but facts is facts bro
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ January 7th 2015, 11:33 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

Some stats on that game

look, thats the story i was told,  maybe the score was different? i know it was a 29 and a half point spread and the Giants were terrible and yes the eagles were favored my almost 3 TDs in that game

and I'm saying, look at the stats and tell me why I should I believe that? I'm not being a dick or trying to ruin your story but facts is facts bro

i was told this back in like 1980...i may have gotten numbers messed up considering i was 8 years old at the time BUT the fact remains it IS indeed a very true story...the reason it stands out to me is because BOTH of my parents couldnt believe it themselves and told the story quite a few times over the years...like i said, i may have a number messed up somewhere
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Willbacker January 8th 2015, 10:32 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:while we are on the subject of rigged NFL games, i can attest to an actual real rigging of a game between the Eagles and the Giants back in the late 70s..heres the story..

my mother was a bartender for over 15 years at this place called The Park Lounge in Levittown NY, one late Saturday night this guy comes running into the bar pulls out a gun and  threw it in the garbage can behind the bar, he then quickly took a stool at the bar...my Mother didnt know what to say or do, the guy told her to tell any police that may come in that he has been sitting at the bar for several hours and NOT mention the gun he just threw in the trash can....a few mins later  cops came in and questioned my Mother about any patrons that may have just got to the bar,  there was only like 5 people in the place and she told the cops that they have all been there for a couple hours, the cops thanked her and left...my Mother walks over to the guy and tells him he needs to get his gun out of the trash and leave,the guy asks her if she is a "betting woman" , my Mom didnt know what he meant, he said "do you bet on any sports like Football ? " , she told him that she does a little bit here and there  but only like 5 dollars at the most, he told her that for helping him with an alibi to the police that he had some inside info for her and that she could take her life savings and make a bet that is gaurenteed to win, as his thanks...the guys says " take the Giants and GIVE 29 and a half points to the Eagles" ..my Mother laughed even harder because the Giants STUNK!! they were the armpit of the NFL in the mid to late 70s and she knew this because it was my Fathers favorite team...she thanked him for the info and said she would think about it, the guy got his gun and left....my Mom told my Dad about this and he laughed too, the Eagles were a very dominant team and the Giants not so much, so they dismissed the guy as a lunatic...fast forward to Sunday late morning, my Mom is working at the bar getting ready for the games and she makes a couple bets with regular customers and laying out those outrageous Odds, some people take her bets totalling about 25 dollars...shes TAKING the Giants and GIVING the Eagles 29 and a Half points!!! lol, the Eagles were favored to win the game by almost 3 TDs!!!  ..Final Score? Giants 62 Eagles 10

The thing is did your mom tell you that thwe Eagles were favored by 3 TDs or was she just told take the Giants and give 29.5 pts. Hell the pt spread could have been 6 but think if you wouldve gave up 29 pts what the odds would have been for that. Cha ching. If the Eagles were only 2-8-1 would they really have been favored by 3 tds. The thing is with no info at your fingertips which is the way it was stories grow.lol.
Willbacker
Willbacker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next