Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

NCAA 12

+10
tubbs51
azdawgpound17
EPICxPENGUIN69
usmfan45
Soarindude02
at23steelers
Pintsizedjark
Thadden
MaddMatter
CaptRCG2
14 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

NCAA 12 - Page 3 Empty Re: NCAA 12

Post  Pintsizedjark July 15th 2011, 4:18 am

someone...please help lol

WEEK 1 - @ 13 Auburn - 38-34
WEEK 2 - BYE
WEEK 3 @ 20 Arkansas - 7-47
WEEK 4 @ 7 Wisconsin - 6-52
WEEK 5 Nevada - 7-52

in my last three games I've been outscored 20-151...I've thrown two TDs to about 20 interceptions..and I probably average about 1 yard a carry....I play on Heisman because All-American has always been too easy for me(unless the game decides that it must win)..I'm sure that if I played these games on All-American the scores would be reversed.

lol but I don't know what to do..if I run I get a three yard loss..if I throw deep the DB makes a no looking over the shoulder interception..if I throw short the ball hits my WR in the helmet..if I throw to the middle an LB is always standing in the perfect spot...on defense I can never get to the QB and a WR is always wide open..I haven't looked but I bet opposing RBs average at least 8 yards a carry.

How do I beat a ranked Auburn and then lose three straight games by a combined 20-151?...

Pintsizedjark

Street Cred : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 July 15th 2011, 4:37 am

Pintsizedjark wrote:someone...please help lol

WEEK 2 - BYE
WEEK 5 Nevada - 7-52

in my last three games I've been outscored 20-151...I've thrown two TDs to about 20 interceptions..and I probably average about 1 yard a carry....I play on Heisman because All-American has always been too easy for me(unless the game decides that it must win)..I'm sure that if I played these games on All-American the scores would be reversed.

lol but I don't know what to do..if I run I get a three yard loss..if I throw deep the DB makes a no looking over the shoulder interception..if I throw short the ball hits my WR in the helmet..if I throw to the middle an LB is always standing in the perfect spot...on defense I can never get to the QB and a WR is always wide open..I haven't looked but I bet opposing RBs average at least 8 yards a carry.

How do I beat a ranked Auburn and then lose three straight games by a combined 20-151?...

No easy way to say this but, play with the Sliders. You're just not good enough to be playing on full level Heisman. I reccomend (splz) playing on All-American, and bumping the Sliders up a bit.

Just got a job offering at Maryland, I took it. I am sick and tired of Arkansas State after one year. It is so HARD to recruit. The Defense is Shit too. Maryland should be fun, the ACC is always a fun conference. I plan on staying two or three years, then getting a HC job somewhere.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark July 15th 2011, 4:54 am

Soarindude02 wrote:
Pintsizedjark wrote:someone...please help lol

WEEK 2 - BYE
WEEK 5 Nevada - 7-52

No easy way to say this but, play with the Sliders. You're just not good enough to be playing on full level Heisman. I reccomend (splz) playing on All-American, and bumping the Sliders up a bit.

Just got a job offering at Maryland, I took it. I am sick and tired of Arkansas State after one year. It is so HARD to recruit. The Defense is Shit too. Maryland should be fun, the ACC is always a fun conference. I plan on staying two or three years, then getting a HC job somewhere.

lol I know that I'm not that good, I don't try too hard either(I don't really try to read defenses or any of that unless its incredibly obvious)..but honestly it seems like these things are inevitable no matter how good I am(doubtful but it seems like it lol)..like Kellen Moore missing passes that he would never miss in real life...having DBs pick off passes without seeing them, I don't see how skill level could possibly affect the fact that my RB gets hit before he gets a chance to move..you're probably right and I'm just in loser denial, but it sure seems like the game is 'cheating'...did you see the highlights I posted earlier? I was already losing 6-48 and an opposing DB morphed through my WR to knock the ball down...lol

Pintsizedjark

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers July 15th 2011, 11:33 am

I think your fine at Heisman. It seems like you get my problem sometimes and try to force everything. Just have your QB step up in the pocket and find the open man. You don't have to read the defense as much as find where your player is open. I have found I need to have a decent running game to go with my passing game. Mix up some runs in the beginning, do some tosses, counters, up the middle. On defense, I am not sure what you run, but I tried the "ask madden" on it, and bottom line the plays they give you suck. Pick your own plays mixing in man and zone coverage. Also, IMO, the 4-3 base D is good covering most plays. I also, try to "guess" which one it is and highlight the WR if they have an all-star on the team. Sometimes, I try to guess "pass" using the 4-3 D so I can defend both the run and the pass. Or, if I am using dime, I might guess "run" so I can defend both. Just a few pick 6's can make the score look pretty ugly, but like I said, don't force passes and throw it away if it's not there.
at23steelers
at23steelers

Street Cred : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers July 15th 2011, 3:53 pm

Pastapadre today about NCAA presentation: With Madden NFL 12 making a move to television broadcast camera placement the difference between the two series has become stark. The presentation really shouldn’t feature a bunch of players who can’t seem to walk around without bumping into each other after plays finsh. The lack of emotion in general extends beyond just the field as the crowd noise does not have near the effect that it should.
at23steelers
at23steelers

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 July 15th 2011, 4:13 pm

Here's a tip. I know most of you probably cant do this but, for more realistic Stats, make sure too "Watch Play" when the game is on Super Sim. As an OC, I do not get to play Defense. I was getting all these wacko-a-do stats, unrealistic scores, etc when I did not watch the game, and now that I do watch when the Defense is on the Field, my games are so much more realistic and less "WTF?" moments.

Great news! I did not manage to win the two games. (I lost to Troy by 6) Sad
But, I still did very well on Offense, and managed to get a 100% on my Contract. I was offered a Two year Extension by Arkansas State, and decided to pass on it. This left me with one more year at Arkansas State. So I was watching Coaching Carasoul and seeing what was going on, when BAM "Maryland Offensive Coordinator job Opening" pops up, and I see my name at number 2.... So time goes by and I get a 2 year Deal with Maryland! I accept, and I am now a Maryland Terp!

It's really cool how good Maryland's roster is in this game. I have a 90 plus QB, A High 80's Running Back, and a good O Line. The Wide Reliever part though, not so great. I have a bunch of high 70's and I think two 81's. The last coach before me managed to recruit around 10 Wide Receivers, so I had to cut a lot of them. But most of them were 2 Star and low 3 Star Recruits. (mid 60's was the highest guy I cut)
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter July 15th 2011, 4:58 pm

@Soarin, I think they finished 2-10 lol

@Pint, I have the same problem with the TD-INT ratio. Its horrible. I don't like adjusting the sliders to much, but I did knock down the "pass coverage" to 45, I may knock it down one more. When I was going through with Eastern Michigan one game I knocked everything up 5 for me and everything down 5 for them. It seemed pretty decent then.

Just got an extension with Washington State. All the other offers sucked. Plus my All Pac-12 WR is only a JR in my 2nd season and I had a SR QB coming back. The O-line is SHIT and too many WR's drop balls. (I had 38 drops in my first season with user catches). But it's a 3 year contract, I'm hoping after this contract I can find a HC job somewhere at a 2 or 3 star school.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark July 15th 2011, 5:21 pm

MaddMatt wrote:@Soarin, I think they finished 2-10 lol

@Pint, I have the same problem with the TD-INT ratio. Its horrible. I don't like adjusting the sliders to much, but I did knock down the "pass coverage" to 45, I may knock it down one more. When I was going through with Eastern Michigan one game I knocked everything up 5 for me and everything down 5 for them. It seemed pretty decent then.

Just got an extension with Washington State. All the other offers sucked. Plus my All Pac-12 WR is only a JR in my 2nd season and I had a SR QB coming back. The O-line is SHIT and too many WR's drop balls. (I had 38 drops in my first season with user catches). But it's a 3 year contract, I'm hoping after this contract I can find a HC job somewhere at a 2 or 3 star school.

lol yeah I played against Notre Dame earlier and of course I lost 14-34(at least I only lost by 20 eh?)..and Kellen Moore put up three more interceptions..lol I looked and these are my offensive stats:

Kellen Moore:
QBRTG - 88
TDs - 6
INTs - 23
COMPLETION - Around 40%

Doug Martin:
Around a 110 yards(through five games)..averaging 1.9 yards per carry.
2 TDs
No Fumbles! king

I don't like adjusting the sliders either but I may try what you did and do +5 for me and -5 for the CPU...thanks for the tip.

Pintsizedjark

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers July 15th 2011, 5:24 pm

@Pintsizedjark: What pass routes do you use in NCAA?
at23steelers
at23steelers

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter July 15th 2011, 5:43 pm

Pintsizedjark wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:@Soarin, I think they finished 2-10 lol

lol yeah I played against Notre Dame earlier and of course I lost 14-34(at least I only lost by 20 eh?)..and Kellen Moore put up three more interceptions..lol I looked and these are my offensive stats:

Kellen Moore:
QBRTG - 88
TDs - 6
INTs - 23
COMPLETION - Around 40%

Doug Martin:
Around a 110 yards(through five games)..averaging 1.9 yards per carry.
2 TDs
No Fumbles! king

I don't like adjusting the sliders either but I may try what you did and do +5 for me and -5 for the CPU...thanks for the tip.

Yeah. I'm usually good at rushing. My RB did pretty good in my first year.
Through a season and a third...so what? 16 games?
Washington State COUGAR's lol
Jeff Tuel: 207-408 3502 yards 23 TD 28 INT 41 Sacks. BUT I did have a 99 yard pass
Lgowone Mitz: 217 for 1296 yards, a 5.9 average and 12 TD
His backup
Carl Winston: 28-207 7.3 average 2 TD.

So I can get the running game going, but when my defense gives up 21 in a quarter and a half, I'm forced into a Pass every down team which isn't my forte. Oh and have 33 drops by my receivers.

Although I have learned that we should watch out for this Marquess Wilson guy from WSU. He'll be a true sophomore this year and has some pretty good ratings in NCAA. I know ratings don't mean much but definitely watch out for this kid.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 July 15th 2011, 6:47 pm

Same here. I surprinsingly miss Head Coaching. I really thought Offensive Coordinating was going to be a lot more fun. But they kinda just slapped it in there. But it's still fine.

After 2-3 years at Maryland, I should be able to get a decent HC job, preferably a school like UCLA, Cal, Arizona State.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 July 16th 2011, 12:18 am

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:
EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:at the end of RTG, can you become a coach?
you cant Sad
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter July 16th 2011, 10:47 am

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:
EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:
EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:at the end of RTG, can you become a coach?
you cant Sad

They should bring that back and the infraction thing back. I don't think I've had to suspend a player since the PS2 days.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 July 16th 2011, 12:38 pm

My 3-1 Terps are playing 17th Ranked Ohio State. A very important game for us. I am looking for the big Upset, and I think it's possible.
So far on Defense though, Ohio State has been getting 10 yards almost every play. Rolling Eyes

My last game I slaughtered Air Force HUGE.

UPDATE: The Defense stopped them on 3rd and Inches, which put them at a field goal. I come out and get sacked right away. On Second down, smashed for a loss. On third down, my guy makes a great catch on a comeback route. This keeps the drive alive. I march down the field, and end up getting a Rushing TD for 8 yards. My Defense just stopped them again.

UPDATE: 4th Quarter, just scored a TD to put me up 17 to 9. This is one of my most exciting games I have ever played, and I only played Offense. Just watching the Defense is making me nervous. I think it's difficult to watch something you cannot control. Intersting thing I saw that I have yet to hear much about. On Second Down on the three yard line, I ran the FB dive, and scored. But the placement of the Ball was challenged, and overturned. If that's not more crazy, I heard Dialogue I have never heard by the Commentators.
4 and 31, a miracle has to happen for me to lose.

I just locked it up. Kneeling the ball, has never been so great.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 July 16th 2011, 3:15 pm

Soarindude02 wrote:Same here. I surprinsingly miss Head Coaching. I really thought Offensive Coordinating was going to be a lot more fun. But they kinda just slapped it in there. But it's still fine.

After 2-3 years at Maryland, I should be able to get a decent HC job, preferably a school like UCLA, Cal, Arizona State.

whoa... wait... you're playing as a cordinator at Maryland too?? holy shit i just selected them randomly Very Happy

tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 July 16th 2011, 3:46 pm

tubbs51 wrote:
Soarindude02 wrote:Same here. I surprinsingly miss Head Coaching. I really thought Offensive Coordinating was going to be a lot more fun. But they kinda just slapped it in there. But it's still fine.

whoa... wait... you're playing as a cordinator at Maryland too?? holy shit i just selected them randomly Very Happy

Haha funny stuff man! I got them up to 25 ranked in my Dynasty, after finishing 6-6 last year.

I am having a pretty hard time completely medium passes... Any help?
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 July 16th 2011, 4:47 pm

Soarindude02 wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:

Haha funny stuff man! I got them up to 25 ranked in my Dynasty, after finishing 6-6 last year.

I am having a pretty hard time completely medium passes... Any help?

throw a split second after the top of the drop on 3 and 5 step. on 7 step wait for the recivers toward the sidelines to get open
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark July 16th 2011, 5:54 pm

yay...I altered the sliders like Matt did and gave +5 to my stats and -5 to the AI stats..although I may increase the AI run defense a little bit as now Doug Martin is a monster and Kellen Moore has thrown about 12 passes in the last two games:

I beat Colorado State 16-9...then I just beat Air Force 17-14..I like these settings more because the games are actually close and there isn't as much cheating.

Pintsizedjark

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptRCG2 July 16th 2011, 7:39 pm

I just started a dynasty as OC of SMU. Big upset win over #9 Texas AM 10-7 in opener. 31-0 over UTEP in my conference opener. This is fun.
CaptRCG2
CaptRCG2

Street Cred : 86

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 July 16th 2011, 9:17 pm

So after winning several games, and being 15 Ranked in the Country, I am losing 7 to 21 at Virginia. I am stunned.

The Snow is actually killing me right now. My QB is playing like Absolute shit, and cannot throw a 20 yard pass straight in this weather.

Just drove down the field, and couldn't manage to score with 5 yards away from me. Luckily, the My D just created a Safety. Ball back, but still two scores away.

March down the field. On the twenty yard line, Int.

I've got to score 11 points, in one minute. Crying or Very sad

Lost. This is going to really Screw with the ACC look. My Two losses were Divisional teams.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 July 16th 2011, 10:58 pm

Playing North Carolina, we went back and forth. It was a very great game. UNC was ranked 21, and I was ranked 25. They ended up taking a 10 point lead at me with 3 minutes left. I scored in a minute and a half or so, but the Defense couldn't stop them, with three time outs. They stopped them on first, stopped them on second, but on third, a 5 reciever Screen ended up killing me, bad. Now I am probably no longer Ranked, and have 2 more games left. Clemson and Wake Forest. Hoepfully winning those two games, will put me into the Top 25 again.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 July 16th 2011, 11:01 pm

i like how you can actually struggle in NCAA. i lost a game 49-10 (it was RTG)
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptRCG2 July 17th 2011, 1:58 pm

So I'm SMU going for a big upset over TCU. About a minute left I'm down 14-12. I make some clutch plays and eventually get to the 8 yd line with about 12 seconds left. I make a run down to the 1 yd line and try to call a time out for the game winning FG. Unfortunately, the still haven't corrected this BULLSHIT glitch from last year and the clock counts, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0!!!! And I don't get my time out and we lose the f'ing game!!! Mad Evil or Very Mad NCAA 12 - Page 3 1204777868 /-/
CaptRCG2
CaptRCG2

Street Cred : 86

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 July 17th 2011, 2:56 pm

CaptRCG2 wrote:So I'm SMU going for a big upset over TCU. About a minute left I'm down 14-12. I make some clutch plays and eventually get to the 8 yd line with about 12 seconds left. I make a run down to the 1 yd line and try to call a time out for the game winning FG. Unfortunately, the still haven't corrected this BULLSHIT glitch from last year and the clock counts, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0!!!! And I don't get my time out and we lose the f'ing game!!! Mad Evil or Very Mad NCAA 12 - Page 3 1204777868 /-/

That sucks man! I have yet too have that happen to me last year.

So I ended the season going into the Military Bowl vs NIU. I had a large early lead on them, but a couple things went wrong and they ended up taking the lead by the fourth. I ended up kicking a field goal, to tie the game with like 2 and a half minutes left. (I play 7 minutes). I was really nervous about OT or them scoring in general, because I knew I would not be able to pull of a miracle. Amazing things happened and, NIU decided to run a speed option. Guy fumbled, returned for a TD. I won by 7.

So after the Season, I moved around some teams in Custom Conferences and made some interesting moves. In Coaching Carousal, I did not get any offers. I wasn't planning on it, but I had a 90% Approval rating, and I plan on leaving next year for A HC job. If I don't like my options, I might sign a extension.

So I lost a couple good players on Defense, so I am a little worried about simming. Offense, I lost some players, but I have several backups that fill it right up. My Receiving core is not very good, and my Star Running Back went to the NFL draft. The Team aint all that bad, but, I think we did lose some talent. IF anything though, Ill do more with less. I'm starting my Backup QB from last year as well. He is a danger running the ball, and I felt more comfortable controlling him in practice then last years Starter.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant July 17th 2011, 5:29 pm

Fuck you guys. Just reading these posts makes me want the game so much.

But I have to have a FUCKIN' SHITTY XBOX and the game is region-locked here.

So I can't import it and bust some heads as OSU.

Really wish I'd got a PS3 now cos all their games are region free.
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum