Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

NCAA 12

+10
tubbs51
azdawgpound17
EPICxPENGUIN69
usmfan45
Soarindude02
at23steelers
Pintsizedjark
Thadden
MaddMatter
CaptRCG2
14 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

NCAA 12 - Page 4 Empty Re: NCAA 12

Post  Pintsizedjark July 17th 2011, 7:56 pm

haha I started my season as a HC at Boise State 1-4...but since adjusting the sliders a little bit I've won 7 straight games...all of them very close except for two against bad teams which I won easily..but against San Diego St(who was 7-2) I played the most intense game so far...I was losing 10-19 with 2:00 to go and I had the ball..I mostly threw medium and long range passes but 4th down came at about the 50 yard line..I snapped the ball and saw Chris Potter racing down the field with the DB barely trailing him..Potter caught it, shook the tackle and ran into the endzone to make it 17-19...I went for the onsides kick and it was perfect, it hit a SDST player in the shin and bounced towards my players and I recovered it..first play I ran was PA Streaks and once again Potter was wide open and he walked into the endzone..I went for two so that I would be up by six in the off chance that I could block an XP to tie..but the ball hit my FB in the helmet and fell incomplete...so with :50 seconds to go I was leading 23-19..SDST looked to be having a solid drive but finally my DE shoved the RT aside and slammed into the QB..forcing a fumble and recovering it.

you guys don't know how excited I was when I recovered the onside kick lol

Pintsizedjark

Street Cred : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 July 18th 2011, 12:31 am

I am 25 ranked after beating Minnesota and Idaho. I go up against an average San Diego State team, and start wippin them. Sadly, my D could not hold um, plus one of their scores came from a Pick 6. 21-21, and heading into OT.

I get the first down off two running plays. Then I try a running play, stopped for a lost. Then a mesh, could not manage to get a catch. Then on third down, I try a 5 Receiver Shotgun, and sadly, the ball scores over the heads of my wide open receiver. Luckily I got the Field Goal.

So it's the Defense up to the plate. First down, SACKED. Second down, SACKED. Third and 26, Shotgun, Deep ball, Back of the End zone, CAUGHT for a Touchdown. I was stunned. It was clean too, I watched what happened. The Corner Back actually FELL, Safety then had to go cover him. He was standing on the Endzone Line, the Ball went over his head, into the arms of the Receiver. I was stunned. Big test now against 7th Ranked Virginia Tech. If I can beat them, I hope to get back into the Top 25. Recruiting so far is going great, but I am thinking about leaving since my contract is up.

Question; Let's say I decline the 2 year contract Extension at Maryland at the original spot. I come across no decent jobs I like, will Maryland offer me the job again possibly?
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant July 18th 2011, 5:46 am

Soarindude02 wrote:Question; Let's say I decline the 2 year contract Extension at Maryland at the original spot. I come across no decent jobs I like, will Maryland offer me the job again possibly?

Probably not.

You refused the offer to look for a better job. If you decide that there's no team you want to join, then it's unlikely they'd offer it again

If there is a way to look for a job whilst not accepting the Maryland extension, then do it. That way if there's a job at Miami that you want, you can apply for it and not worry about breaking a contract. If there's no good offers around then you can sign the extension.

But then, I don't have the game so I don't know how it works Smile
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 July 18th 2011, 4:44 pm

Mutant wrote:
Soarindude02 wrote:Question; Let's say I decline the 2 year contract Extension at Maryland at the original spot. I come across no decent jobs I like, will Maryland offer me the job again possibly?

Probably not.

You refused the offer to look for a better job. If you decide that there's no team you want to join, then it's unlikely they'd offer it again

If there is a way to look for a job whilst not accepting the Maryland extension, then do it. That way if there's a job at Miami that you want, you can apply for it and not worry about breaking a contract. If there's no good offers around then you can sign the extension.

But then, I don't have the game so I don't know how it works Smile

Alright, Ill see what happens. I really want to start my Head Coaching career, so Ill just take the best offer I can get.-

Anyone else think that adding a Teambuilder uploaded would be godly? I would love to be able to add uniforms to my team. Example: The Terps have a really interesting uniform variety. They are pretty ugly, but unique non the less. I have grown found of them actually, but sadly, they only have one helmet design. It's white. So whenever I do a black on black, or a Yellow on Yellow, it looks funny. It only matches with away uniforms, and the Red/White look. I guess the Red/Red works as well. You would go into your Dynasty, get a "code" from within the game, go on Teambuilder, enter the code, and have all the uniforms your team has. You couldn't change the uniforms already in the game but, you could add uniforms if you'd like.

I would add a new look for Penn State as well.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 July 18th 2011, 8:49 pm

Lol so I am playing Hawaii, the Score is you guessed it, 21 nothing going into the middle of the Second Quarter. I have YET to touch the ball. Amazing. Hawaii drives, then interception. Hawaii drives, intereception. Hawaii Drives, Fumbled.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 July 18th 2011, 9:34 pm

Soarindude02 wrote:Lol so I am playing Hawaii, the Score is you guessed it, 21 nothing going into the middle of the Second Quarter. I have YET to touch the ball. Amazing. Hawaii drives, then interception. Hawaii drives, intereception. Hawaii Drives, Fumbled.

Defense can make the OC's job easy some times and vice versa.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 July 18th 2011, 10:48 pm

tubbs51 wrote:
Soarindude02 wrote:Lol so I am playing Hawaii, the Score is you guessed it, 21 nothing going into the middle of the Second Quarter. I have YET to touch the ball. Amazing. Hawaii drives, then interception. Hawaii drives, intereception. Hawaii Drives, Fumbled.

Defense can make the OC's job easy some times and vice versa.

Exactly. My Defense for Maryland is amazing. It was the opposite with Arkansas State.

But my game Froze during the 3rd Quarter, so I am going to restart the game tommarow. No big deal though, it's the first time the game has froze for me. Plus, I kinda felt the game was letting me win... Make it more difficult this time around.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 July 19th 2011, 4:09 am

Very interesting news coming into Year 2013, week 12. I just pulled off a great upset against 6th ranked Clemson. That put me into the polls as 22nd ranked. The Atlantic Divison is amazing! So I am 7-3, Clemson is 8-2, Wake Forest is 8-2, and NC State is 8-2. I have to play Wake Forest and NC State next. Winning out, puts me in postion to win the Conference I believe. It's a little confusing because winning out would put me at 9-3. If Clemson, NC State and Wake Forest win there other game, that also puts them at 9-3. But beating all three of them would give me the victory in Head To Head Matchups. I hope that is how they have it Set up in EA, knowing EA, they could go by something completely untrue, leaving me stunned.

But HEY, I am confident in EA. I probably wont be able to play these games until Early Tommarow, or Late late tommarow. So I might end up having to play two days from now. The Suspense is killing me though!
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 July 20th 2011, 1:33 am

Well I pulled off two stunning upsets! Laughing

Played Virginia Tech in the ACC championship game, and lost by 3 Rolling Eyes

Then I went to play the Bowl Game... and lost by 2 Rolling Eyes

I jumped into Coaching Carasoul expecting a few good offers, nothing great but, still some HC offers. So I keep going.. Next avalible offer...and I keep clicking it...only to be given lower and lower quality Offensive Coordinating Jobs! Yeah, you heard that right. So I went all the way to the end, and was forced to sign with U New Mexico State or something. Im like, you're kidding.... I just got done running 5 miles, and all this other shit, come home, eat a Pizza, and then get screwed in NCAA. So I guess I am going to start over, and sign the two year Extension with Maryland. I have to go with the guy I benched by Week 5 for my Lineup, but overall, the team should be good. I did not recruit very well though, I got 8 players. Laughing

But those 8 guys, I think 6 or 7 of them were 4 Stars. So who knows. I am probably only going to coach there for one more year, then hopefully get a HC job. So I probably will just put it on Auto Recruit.

Nevermind, I will probably recruit. Just in case of course. Plus, I think Recruiting can be fun sometimes.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 July 20th 2011, 1:54 am

I got fired from syracuse which before I got there was 0-12 and my 1st season I went 5-7 but oh no, not good enough for those assholes. I schedualed them as the new HC of akron and blew them out 132-0

I TAKE SHIT PERSONALLY
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 July 20th 2011, 2:29 am

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:I got fired from syracuse which before I got there was 0-12 and my 1st season I went 5-7 but oh no, not good enough for those assholes. I schedualed them as the new HC of akron and blew them out 132-0

I TAKE SHIT PERSONALLY

LOL 132-0. Nice Laughing Laughing Laughing

ON A NEGATIVE NOTE, MY DYNASTY FUCKING BROKE. STUPID PIECE OF SHIT DYNASTY. IT BROKE WHILIS'T SAVING. THE DYNASTY WON'T RELOAD. LOOKS LIKE IT'S BACK TO THE FUCKING BEGINING FOR ME. OH WELL, MAYBE I SHOULD MAKE A TEAMBUILDER TEAM AND CALL IT XBOX 360 AND KICK IT'S ASS 132-0.

Okay, I am calm. bounce bounce bounce

Edit: Nevermind, I got it working again <3
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 July 20th 2011, 5:17 am

on what difficulty do you guys play and do you adjust sliders???

please share lol.

im the U and i won 3 games but lost to fucking Ohio State Evil or Very Mad

the games i won where not even close.

but the game against ohio was close till the 4th quarter till things went down south fast lol
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 July 20th 2011, 9:34 pm

I changed my mind on Settings. I went back to a Regular All-American. It actually was worst playing with the Custom Sliders. I felt more Glitches were shown over All-American.

Anyway, I just played Wyoming in Wyoming to start my 3rd season with Maryland. (4th season in) I messed around with the playbook, and found something I really like. A modified Alabama playbook, taking out a lot of the Tightend Formations and putting in more 3/4 reciever sets though. I played Wyoming, and beat them 27-17. My second running back (Last year I would say the percentages were 65-35) ran for two TD's and 117 yards on only three carries. I was amazed. I moved him too my starting role over my big white guy running back, who last year was a boss. I will probably mix it up plenty though.

Now it's time to face UAB. The worst team in the Nation. Then I go too Arkansas State, the place that gave me my first job. That should be very interesting. As you can see, my first three games are very easy. That's because of how tough the ACC played out this year.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 July 20th 2011, 9:35 pm

the ACC is fucking BALSLSLSL!!!
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark July 20th 2011, 9:54 pm

TRU11 wrote:on what difficulty do you guys play and do you adjust sliders???

please share lol.

but the game against ohio was close till the 4th quarter till things went down south fast lol

For me All-American is too easy so I played on Heisman which cheated..so as Matt suggested I went to the sliders and gave +5 to all user settings and -5 to all CPU settings and its great now..I only win easily against terrible teams..all other games are very close unless I'm supposed to lose(like I l lost to TCU earlier 62-45 and the RB had 16 carries for 325 yards..lol it was so unfair, I would stop two plays easily and then on third down the RB would break 3 tackles and run 50+ yards for the TD) but these settings are great.

Pintsizedjark

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 July 20th 2011, 9:58 pm

Pintsizedjark wrote:

please share lol.

For me All-American is too easy so I played on Heisman which cheated..so as Matt suggested I went to the sliders and gave +5 to all user settings and -5 to all CPU settings and its great now..I only win easily against terrible teams..all other games are very close unless I'm supposed to lose(like I l lost to TCU earlier 62-45 and the RB had 16 carries for 325 yards..lol it was so unfair, I would stop two plays easily and then on third down the RB would break 3 tackles and run 50+ yards for the TD) but these settings are great.

Lol TCU is a top 5 team in Season 4. The only ranked Texas team other then...Houston. Yes, Houston!
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 July 20th 2011, 10:03 pm

So guys, what Custom Conference moves have you done so far? I've done a couple. I made the Big 12 and Big East into 12 team conferences ( I mainly added teams that deserved being moved, but I did move Boston College to the Big East over the ACC and Penn State over to independent.

There are several moves I made, but nothing huge. Pretty much moved Houston, TCU, UCF, Nevada and Boise State. Not sure about exactly what I did. For All Non BCS Conferences other then the MAC, I tried equally them out into 7. The MAC on the other hand, has 14 teams!
-----
My plan is to move Texas Tech and Texas A&M too the SEC, then move Houston and TCU to the Big 12, then move Ohio and another team over to the Big East. Most likely Marshall or Miami of Ohio.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark July 20th 2011, 10:03 pm

I'm in season two as a HC at Boise and at that point I was #14 and TCU wasn't in the top 25..still got killed though.

Pintsizedjark

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 July 21st 2011, 3:13 am

So after killing 3 shitty teams at the begining, I get to play Miami. Miami is a tough team, but beatable. The game swings back and forth, back and forth, and with a minute to left, I am down by 5. 4th down and 2, and I decide to run a Curl. My Tightend does a short curl, wide open, I throw, but the pass is tipped.. I lost.

So now I am 3-1 and off to play Virginia at home. Virginia is a team that is probably on my level, but I am favored since I am at home. The game is similar too Miami, back and forth. Sadly, Virginia scores a game winning TD on 3rd down and forever. My Defense was SHIT in this game. So with around 45 seconds, I have to drive and score 7 points. Man, I did it. So Overtime comes and I have to start off with the ball. I score first play. Then Virginia is up. My defense sacks them once, sacks them twice, sacks them three times. They are on like 4th down and 25 or something. He throws a long ball up, and the receiver is sitting there, wide open. I am like..THE FUCK.

So instead of me getting the ball back, they get the ball back? Uh...Glitch. So they score a field goal and I am like..What is going on. So then I am like, oh well. I buckle down, and I run a screen play. First down. But then the game cuts to a Cut-Scene... ending the game? I was like..What is going on? So I quickly turned off the game before it were to save, and now I am going to play it some other time.

So far the Glitches have been pretty minor, but I pretty much wasted an hour on a close game, only too be completely cheated.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 July 21st 2011, 5:44 am

Pintsizedjark wrote:

please share lol.

cool ill give it a try.

only issue is have right now is that my oline cant block longer then 2 second lol and when you leave the pocket it seems that you need even more time to actually throw the ball.

also has any of you had the glitch where you cant see what play you pick and when you then just pick 1 your whole teams walks to the LOS and then have a huddle there which forced you to burn a time-out of let the clock run out Laughing
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark July 21st 2011, 12:22 pm

Soarindude02 wrote:So instead of me getting the ball back, they get the ball back? Uh...Glitch. So they score a field goal and I am like..What is going on. So then I am like, oh well. I buckle down, and I run a screen play. First down. But then the game cuts to a Cut-Scene... ending the game? I was like..What is going on? So I quickly turned off the game before it were to save, and now I am going to play it some other time.

Well the other team getting the ball back isn't a glitch, that's how overtime works lol..its like: 1,2 2,1 1,2 2,1 1,2 etc(the team with the second possession in one overtime gets the ball first in the next overtime)

Pintsizedjark

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 July 21st 2011, 4:34 pm

Pintsizedjark wrote:
Soarindude02 wrote:So instead of me getting the ball back, they get the ball back? Uh...Glitch. So they score a field goal and I am like..What is going on. So then I am like, oh well. I buckle down, and I run a screen play. First down. But then the game cuts to a Cut-Scene... ending the game? I was like..What is going on? So I quickly turned off the game before it were to save, and now I am going to play it some other time.

Well the other team getting the ball back isn't a glitch, that's how overtime works lol..its like: 1,2 2,1 1,2 2,1 1,2 etc(the team with the second possession in one overtime gets the ball first in the next overtime)

I get that but, the game did not let me finish my drive?
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptRCG2 July 21st 2011, 6:43 pm

Finished my first season as OC of SMU. Ended up 11-2 with an Independence Bowl victory over USF. Upset ranked teams in Houston and Texas A&M. Got SCREWED vs TCU 14-12 when I was no granted a time out while on the 1 yard line with 6 seconds left. I'm pressing the button and the clock just kepts going.... Also lost an odd game vs Tulsa. SMU ened up ranked 15 in the nation! Go Ponies! (and again we need NCAA emoticons!)
CaptRCG2
CaptRCG2

Street Cred : 86

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptRCG2 July 21st 2011, 9:28 pm

I skipped through the recruiting stuff and started season 2 with SMU. Game 1 vs Baylor. I must have lost a lot of defense because they put up 24 points on me in a hurry. I fight back and tie the game at 24 with about 2 minutes left. I stop them and get the ball back. I'm on my own 35 on a 3rd and 6 with about a minute left. I scramble for the first down, fumble and lose the game 31-24 as they recover and drive it 35 yards for the winning td. Not only did that suck, but my QB tears up his shoulder on that play and is out 8 weeks!

Week 2 vs #10 Texas A&M who i upset in last year's season opener. I score a TD with about 17 seconds left to tie the game at 17. In overtime, I pull off the big upset 31-30!!! Seriously, the thrill of the college atmosphere kicks the crap out of anything in Madden.
CaptRCG2
CaptRCG2

Street Cred : 86

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 July 21st 2011, 10:38 pm

CaptRCG2 wrote:I skipped through the recruiting stuff and started season 2 with SMU. Game 1 vs Baylor. I must have lost a lot of defense because they put up 24 points on me in a hurry. I fight back and tie the game at 24 with about 2 minutes left. I stop them and get the ball back. I'm on my own 35 on a 3rd and 6 with about a minute left. I scramble for the first down, fumble and lose the game 31-24 as they recover and drive it 35 yards for the winning td. Not only did that suck, but my QB tears up his shoulder on that play and is out 8 weeks!

Week 2 vs #10 Texas A&M who i upset in last year's season opener. I score a TD with about 17 seconds left to tie the game at 17. In overtime, I pull off the big upset 31-30!!! Seriously, the thrill of the college atmosphere kicks the crap out of anything in Madden.
Agreed Completely!
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum