Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

NFL Draft: 2012

+9
MyDirtyDangles
BaltRavensFan20
EPICxPENGUIN69
S
HurpDurpHurray
SteelersJMB
tubbs51
MaddMatter
Browns
13 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

NFL Draft: 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: NFL Draft: 2012

Post  HurpDurpHurray January 28th 2012, 9:05 pm

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:@Epic: Colts cant trade Manning. They cant trade until after Manning is due that $28 million, and Irsay has openly commented that Luck is their man which means they'll release Manning before the first week of March.

I'm 100% certain that the hawks use that first round pick on a pass rushing DE/DT.

what ESPN and NFL network have been saying is that manning could move his shit back so it could leave a trade as a possibility. problem is if manning is willing to move the date back

I just don't get it. Are the Colts in cap trouble? NO! Keep Manning if you can't trade him and if he's healthy, play him. If the Colts suck early in the season, trade him at the deadline. Who the fuck would think it's smart to release a guy who's already a Hall of Famer just because he missed this season?
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 January 28th 2012, 9:44 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:@Epic: Colts cant trade Manning. They cant trade until after Manning is due that $28 million, and Irsay has openly commented that Luck is their man which means they'll release Manning before the first week of March.

I'm 100% certain that the hawks use that first round pick on a pass rushing DE/DT.

what ESPN and NFL network have been saying is that manning could move his shit back so it could leave a trade as a possibility. problem is if manning is willing to move the date back

I just don't get it. Are the Colts in cap trouble? NO! Keep Manning if you can't trade him and if he's healthy, play him. If the Colts suck early in the season, trade him at the deadline. Who the fuck would think it's smart to release a guy who's already a Hall of Famer just because he missed this season?

If i was a GM i would rather get of a guy early instead of holding on for too long. Manning can still play another 3 to 6 years but at what level? if you trade him now, you get minimum a 2nd rounder + other picks and at most you get a 1st.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray January 28th 2012, 10:03 pm

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:

If i was a GM i would rather get of a guy early instead of holding on for too long. Manning can still play another 3 to 6 years but at what level? if you trade him now, you get minimum a 2nd rounder + other picks and at most you get a 1st.

At what level? When the fuck did we start questioning whether Manning is a great QB or not? It's a fucking neck injury, he didn't blow out his arm. And at most you'll get more than a first. Carson got max two first round picks even though he had that knee injury a while back and was sitting his ass on his couch for the first month of the season
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 January 28th 2012, 10:07 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:

At what level? When the fuck did we start questioning whether Manning is a great QB or not? It's a fucking neck injury, he didn't blow out his arm. And at most you'll get more than a first. Carson got max two first round picks even though he had that knee injury a while back and was sitting his ass on his couch for the first month of the season

it is him arm though. the nerve in his neck is affecting his tricep in his throwing arm
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden January 29th 2012, 1:09 am

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:

it is him arm though. the nerve in his neck is affecting his tricep in his throwing arm
They dont know that for certain, they think that is a possibility. But his tricep problem with throwing might just be that he hasnt thrown a football in a year from what I heard
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ January 31st 2012, 10:42 pm

for the Jets...

1st round pick 16

HB Trent Richardson ( he may drop this far considering nobody really needs a HB ahead of the Jets)

or

LB Vontaze Burfict ( Ray Lewis and Lawrence Taylor combined )
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 January 31st 2012, 11:20 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:for the Jets...

1st round pick 16

HB Trent Richardson ( he may drop this far considering nobody really needs a HB ahead of the Jets)

or

nah, we dont need a rb. i would like burfict. but oline is a must through the draft
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 January 31st 2012, 11:42 pm

I'll be fine with Cordy Glenn, Alshon Jeffery, or Jayron Hosely (although I'd be really happy with Hosley getting stolen in the 2nd).

BTW Burfict has great ability with the aggression of Suh. He doesn't care if he gives up 15 yard flags.
Nef77
Nef77

Street Cred : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ February 1st 2012, 12:01 am

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:

1st round pick 16

or

nah, we dont need a rb. i would like burfict. but oline is a must through the draft

Richardson seems to be one of those "once in 10 year talents" , if hes there at 16 Im sure we take him, Shonn Greene isnt a true #1 HB and with Sparano coming in to lead the "Ground and Pound' it would be nice to have an explosive player that can find holes and take it to the house on any given touch...Burfict would fit perfectly in our system, he is exactly what this Defense needs, someone to strike some fear in our opponents...as far as O Line is concerned, I agree we are in desperate need of a RT but I doubt we take one in the 1st round, I heard a few rumors that we may be picking up a "stop gap" player this offseason ( Mckenzie of the Giants) to fill that hole...and hey Nef, i think Alshon Jeffrey would be a BEAST on the 49ers next year, if hes still available in the late 1st round
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 February 1st 2012, 10:24 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:

1st round pick 16

or

Richardson seems to be one of those "once in 10 year talents" , if hes there at 16 Im sure we take him, Shonn Greene isnt a true #1 HB and with Sparano coming in to lead the "Ground and Pound' it would be nice to have an explosive player that can find holes and take it to the house on any given touch...Burfict would fit perfectly in our system, he is exactly what this Defense needs, someone to strike some fear in our opponents...as far as O Line is concerned, I agree we are in desperate need of a RT but I doubt we take one in the 1st round, I heard a few rumors that we may be picking up a "stop gap" player this offseason ( Mckenzie of the Giants) to fill that hole...and hey Nef, i think Alshon Jeffrey would be a BEAST on the 49ers next year, if hes still available in the late 1st round

richardson is a good player, but not an immediate need. oline is stacked this draft class. tons of good and great tackles any of which we could get 1st or 2nd round. burfict would be a good replacement for either OLB or to make the middle of the linebackers younger with harris and not scott (but keep scott around, good player, just a lil old)

i could see burfict 1st round
the tackle from penn state or the tackle from utep in the 2nd round, forgot their names but ill look them up.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ February 1st 2012, 12:58 pm

im thinking with all the holes the Jets have ( LB/OL/Safety/WR/ and HB to an extent) that Tanny just may trade out of the 16th pick IF he can pick up two 2nd rounders for it, I know we like Safety Mark Barron but personally I dont think hes worth the 16th pick and if we take Burfict/Richardson at 16 will Barron be there at round 2 #16? if Tanny swings a deal like i mentioned, that could possibly give the Jets a total of 3 second round picks to work with and hopefully one of those is "early" 2nd round so we can take Barron and then address LB in the mid 2nd, there are quite a few "solid" LBs in this class like Travis Lewis of Oklahoma or Zach Brown of NC that should be there in the 2nd...with the disappointment of Vlad Ducasse being taken by us in the 2nd round 2 years ago Im not sure if the coaching staff has given up on him, i noticed he had gotten better as the season progressed with more playing time as our 2nd TE in Jumbo sets, maybe not having an offseason last year really affected him and stunted his growth, Ducasse is a mauler and he excells at Run Blocking, with Sparano on board maybe we dont even take an O Lineman until the later rounds seeing as next year we WILL be pounding the ball around 70% of the time
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 February 1st 2012, 1:52 pm

we definitely need a safety and i would like speedy guy at safety. eric smith is decent but he is too slow and gets beat deep way to often. we need a guy in the back end that could play a cloud coverage in cover 3 or some man on man when we face the pats.

running backs are a dime a dozen. i would like richardson, i like his running style, but taking into consideration all our holes. not likely we need him

linebackers linebackers linebackers. toward the ass end of the season. the age really showed in scott, pace, and thomas (went on IR). we need some youth and speed there. we lost a bit of pass rush even though maybin played well.

RT and both guard spots fucked us all year long. partly because of shottys blocking system but mostly because hunter, slausen, and moore couldnt run or pass block for more than 2 seconds

receivers are a need to. but the only problem is what kind of receivers will be available and affordable. depending how the jets handle holmes, who fucking knows what our corps of pass catchers will look like next season.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray February 1st 2012, 2:41 pm

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d82648f38/article/early-positionbyposition-rankings-for-2012-nfl-draft

Cornerback

1. Morris Claiborne, LSU
2. Janoris Jenkins, North Alabama
3. Alfonzo Dennard, Nebraska
4. Leonard Johnson, Iowa State
5. Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama

Interesting...
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 February 1st 2012, 3:21 pm

no one is taking the kid from north alabama till the 2nd round though. i watched the senior bowl. he had the best hip movement among the CBs there, but going to a smaller school is gonna fuck him out of a few million dollars.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  S February 1st 2012, 4:50 pm

1st round pick 16

or

If he was Ray Lewis and Lawrence Taylor combined you would think he would be the number 1 player in the draft..
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 February 1st 2012, 5:04 pm

S-UNIT302 wrote:

1st round pick 16

or

If he was Ray Lewis and Lawrence Taylor combined you would think he would be the number 1 player in the draft..

you think but no because it is uhh...hmmm... "QB driven league".... Rolling Eyes

he really is a good player. I had a chance to watch some ASU games. He made a ton of plays in the passing and running game. He filled not only his gap but the gap on either side of him. When he hits a receiver over the middle...he HITS a receiver over the middle
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ February 1st 2012, 5:10 pm

S-UNIT302 wrote:

1st round pick 16

or

its the best way to describe this kid, he is a BEAST...check out this video, also there are a few concerns about his intensity since he always plays at a high level which could make his stock in the draft drop..

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray February 1st 2012, 5:18 pm

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:no one is taking the kid from north alabama till the 2nd round though. i watched the senior bowl. he had the best hip movement among the CBs there, but going to a smaller school is gonna fuck him out of a few million dollars.

But he's projected to go to the Bengals in the first round...
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter February 1st 2012, 6:44 pm

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:no one is taking the kid from north alabama till the 2nd round though. i watched the senior bowl. he had the best hip movement among the CBs there, but going to a smaller school is gonna fuck him out of a few million dollars.

He played at Florida for, three years. Until he got kicked off the team for Marijuana!

He'll be a first rounder.

I watched some of the Senior Bowl practice as well and Alfonso Dennard had some of the tightest hips I've seen, It seemed like it took him forever to go from back pedaling to doing the 180 to sprint.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 February 1st 2012, 6:50 pm

MaddMatt wrote:

He played at Florida for, three years. Until he got kicked off the team for Marijuana!

I watched some of the Senior Bowl practice as well and Alfonso Dennard had some of the tightest hips I've seen, It seemed like it took him forever to go from back pedaling to doing the 180 to sprint.

didnt know he was at florida. but pot? not a big deal to me but to some guys they are more and more worried about off the field shit. dont know how much it will impact his draft stock
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter February 1st 2012, 6:53 pm

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:

didnt know he was at florida. but pot? not a big deal to me but to some guys they are more and more worried about off the field shit. dont know how much it will impact his draft stock

I think it was like his 3rd or 4th time getting caught.

Burfict though, man, I don't know about him. The guy draws a lot of personal fouls and hell he was even suspended for the 1st quarter of the bowl game for discipline issues. Stuff like that would scare me and probably drop him to at least the second round.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray February 1st 2012, 6:59 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
S-UNIT302 wrote:

1st round pick 16

or

its the best way to describe this kid, he is a BEAST...check out this video, also there are a few concerns about his intensity since he always plays at a high level which could make his stock in the draft drop..

The guy's running through offensive linemen Shocked

But a few of those hits would be personal fouls in the NFL Sad
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ February 1st 2012, 7:15 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
S-UNIT302 wrote:

1st round pick 16

or

The guy's running through offensive linemen Shocked

But a few of those hits would be personal fouls in the NFL Sad

yea, lol..he blasted a Center and knocked him silly, this dude can bring it from any angle including up the gut..i read a scouting report on him and every coach that has ever coached him says he is a great smart kid with a nonstop motor and thats what leads to his visciousness, i believe at the NFL level he can be coached to minimize his penaltys, but the sheer thought of having a guy on Defense that is gonna knock the crap outta you on Offense definetly changes the way teams will gameplan and may even make HBs think twice about which Gap to hit, that in itself is priceless
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter February 15th 2012, 8:19 pm

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/15/mayock-vontaze-burfict-is-not-a-first-round-player-at-all/

I've gone on record saying the same thing (I said late second, more likely 3rd) I watched like 2 or 3 games and he never really had the impact I thought he would have. I got pumped up to watch an ASU game just to see this kid and it was like "Wheres this guy at?" I think this guy is overhyped, plus those personal fouls are killers.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter February 24th 2012, 11:28 pm

Peter Konz the #1 Center for most people only put up 18 reps? seriously? Your a center aren't you suppose to be strong as shit?!?!?

I don't know about him now. I may want to see how Molk does and see if we can pick him up in round 3 or so.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next