Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

NFL Draft: 2012

+9
MyDirtyDangles
BaltRavensFan20
EPICxPENGUIN69
S
HurpDurpHurray
SteelersJMB
tubbs51
MaddMatter
Browns
13 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

NFL Draft: 2012 - Page 3 Empty Re: NFL Draft: 2012

Post  MaddMatter February 24th 2012, 11:44 pm

41 by Molk, now that's what I'm talking about. Michigan Man showing how strong he is!

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  S February 25th 2012, 10:39 am

Yes I wouldnt take Burfict. He's got some problems man.

But anyways Alshon Jefferies getting down to 216. Bravo mate, bravo. (still do not want)
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 March 1st 2012, 1:41 pm

So with burfict stock dropping, we may get richardson and burfict as a package. get richardson at 16, trade up in the 2nd round get burfict.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray March 1st 2012, 2:29 pm

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:So with burfict stock dropping, we may get richardson and burfict as a package. get richardson at 16, trade up in the 2nd round get burfict.

DON'T YOU DARE TAKE RICHARDSON! DON'T DO IT YOU BITCH
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter March 1st 2012, 6:10 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:So with burfict stock dropping, we may get richardson and burfict as a package. get richardson at 16, trade up in the 2nd round get burfict.

2 words.

Doug Martin, trust me Hurp. If you get him in the late 2nd. You're getting a damn good player.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 March 1st 2012, 6:12 pm

MaddMatt wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

2 words.

Doug Martin, trust me Hurp. If you get him in the late 2nd. You're getting a damn good player.

Martin is 3rd or 4th. People have problems with him. I like the guy but scouts arent high on him
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter March 1st 2012, 6:13 pm

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

2 words.

Martin is 3rd or 4th. People have problems with him. I like the guy but scouts arent high on him

Fuck scouts go with what you see.

Would YOU take Doug Martin with the 50th or so pick?

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 March 1st 2012, 6:16 pm

MaddMatt wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

2 words.

Fuck scouts go with what you see.

Would YOU take Doug Martin with the 50th or so pick?

Depends. If I have a guy on the roster who was a starter type, reliable, I would hold out till the 60s or 70s. Like I feel martin is a utility player. He does everything well but doesnt shock you. Like he catches and blocks well, runs well but compared to other backs is a little lower on the board
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  S March 1st 2012, 7:41 pm

lol some mocks got Trent going to the browns, I don't think he gets out of top 15..
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  poshmidget March 3rd 2012, 10:28 pm

we need a draft section instead of just a giant thread.

Doug Martin will be a steal for whoever gets him in this draft. he has the most important thing for a running back vision. the kid blocks, runs hard, catches great. if he is there in the second and boykin is off the board (probably will be) then i really hope the steelers take him. he reminds me of ray rice, and last season i didnt like the way mendenhall ran and the injury we should be looking at backs since redman does seem to have a fumbling issue.

The linebacker from ASU looks amazing. i think he would be a top ten pick but he is kind of well INSANE, but all great linebackers are. Singletary is absolutely insane, ray lewis killed someone, and james harrison is crazy. alot of great lbs are a little off the rocker. i really hope that teams dont take that ASU lb and he falls to the steelers.

can someone please explain to me the madness over RG3. I think he could be very good but the way i see it next year has 3 meybe 4 better qbs then him. i would rather have andy murray (UGA), tyler wison (arkansas) or barkley (USC) then have RG3. also this offseason has a few decent enough qbs who can manage the game.

poshmidget

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 18th 2012, 2:00 pm

Ok. I'm starting to either
A. Draft Mark Barron

or
B. Trade back

Right now I don't see to many players that scream "YOU NEED TO DRAFT ME" at 23. I think we could probably trade back 8 or 9 spots, pick up an extra 3rd rounder and, hell, I may be crazy here, but MAYBE draft Doug Martin. (Seriously JUST thought of this while typing it.)

Sounds crazy but I could totally see it happening.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden April 18th 2012, 4:25 pm

The Lions have NO chance at getting Mark Barron. Best safety in the draft by a mile. He'll go to the Cowboys at 14. I want the Eagles to trade up and get him but getting a stud safety from the SEC would make too much sense for them. Plus the last 2 years they've taken a safety in the 2nd round and dont want to admit that Nate Allen is a mediocre at best player
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  S April 18th 2012, 4:27 pm

I want the panthers to trade back now. Fug a Poe.
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 18th 2012, 7:15 pm

Thadden wrote:The Lions have NO chance at getting Mark Barron. Best safety in the draft by a mile. He'll go to the Cowboys at 14. I want the Eagles to trade up and get him but getting a stud safety from the SEC would make too much sense for them. Plus the last 2 years they've taken a safety in the 2nd round and dont want to admit that Nate Allen is a mediocre at best player

Did you think the Lions had a chance to get Nick Fairley? Or hell, what about that LB from Penn State I believe that was projected to go in the 1st then went in like the 3rd.

Some players drop Thadden, never say never!

But like I said, they may try to trade up to try to get Barron, but I think the most likely thing is they trade back and maybe get that Sunbitch from them Irish fucks. Or Doug Martin.

One player I do want is Josh Norman.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden April 18th 2012, 8:25 pm

MaddMatt wrote:
Thadden wrote:The Lions have NO chance at getting Mark Barron. Best safety in the draft by a mile. He'll go to the Cowboys at 14. I want the Eagles to trade up and get him but getting a stud safety from the SEC would make too much sense for them. Plus the last 2 years they've taken a safety in the 2nd round and dont want to admit that Nate Allen is a mediocre at best player

Did you think the Lions had a chance to get Nick Fairley? Or hell, what about that LB from Penn State I believe that was projected to go in the 1st then went in like the 3rd.

But like I said, they may try to trade up to try to get Barron, but I think the most likely thing is they trade back and maybe get that Sunbitch from them Irish fucks. Or Doug Martin.

Didnt Fairley have a broken foot and questionable motor? I understand what you mean. The Eagles got Jackson in the 2nd round of 08, Maclin (projected top 10 pick) and McCoy in the late in the second (projected late 1st).

I think Barron to the Cowboys is an obvious choice and is really the most likely pick in the draft outside the top 3 guys. The only way he's not a Cowboy IMO is if a team trades up or if an unexpected team takes him. It makes sense. Cowboys need DB help. Fixed Cornerback problem in free agency with Brandon Carr, could always take another corner but Jenkins has shown flashes of brilliance (and he's sucked at times) he still young. I think they give him more opportunities. So with CB settled, pick a safety. 2+2 usually = 4
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 18th 2012, 8:42 pm

Thadden wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:

Didnt Fairley have a broken foot and questionable motor? I understand what you mean. The Eagles got Jackson in the 2nd round of 08, Maclin (projected top 10 pick) and McCoy in the late in the second (projected late 1st).

I think Barron to the Cowboys is an obvious choice and is really the most likely pick in the draft outside the top 3 guys. The only way he's not a Cowboy IMO is if a team trades up or if an unexpected team takes him. It makes sense. Cowboys need DB help. Fixed Cornerback problem in free agency with Brandon Carr, could always take another corner but Jenkins has shown flashes of brilliance (and he's sucked at times) he still young. I think they give him more opportunities. So with CB settled, pick a safety. 2+2 usually = 4

I think Fairley had a questionable work ethic and that "one year wonder" type of thing.

But I see what your saying, but remember last year when everyone and their momma thought that the Cowboys would take Amukamara? I know I'm dreaming big that Barron falls, but I can dream lol.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden April 18th 2012, 8:44 pm

MaddMatt wrote:
Thadden wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:

I think Fairley had a questionable work ethic and that "one year wonder" type of thing.

But I see what your saying, but remember last year when everyone and their momma thought that the Cowboys would take Amukamara? I know I'm dreaming big that Barron falls, but I can dream lol.
Yeah I know hwat your saying it just seems like the perfect pick for them and it doesnt look likeany team picking higher would wan a safety. You never know though. You can hope.
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 21st 2012, 5:44 pm

well, i was bored and checking out some of the Jets previous Draft blunders and figured i would post them Sad

hopefully on Thursday we dont have a repeat like in previous years...

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 April 21st 2012, 10:43 pm

At least the Jets have drafted a QB that has contributed to their franchise successfully...

My Hawks have a QB curse... we cant draft a good QB... then again we havent tried in a while.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 21st 2012, 11:11 pm

tubbs51 wrote:At least the Jets have drafted a QB that has contributed to their franchise successfully...

My Hawks have a QB curse... we cant draft a good QB... then again we havent tried in a while.

after drafting Rick Mirer, i would be scared to death to attempt taking another QB in the 1st round too Razz
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 April 22nd 2012, 12:12 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:At least the Jets have drafted a QB that has contributed to their franchise successfully...

after drafting Rick Mirer, i would be scared to death to attempt taking another QB in the 1st round too Razz

Look back into Seahawks history, we've never drafted a QB that contributed to the franchise much at all.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 22nd 2012, 3:28 am

tubbs51 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

Look back into Seahawks history, we've never drafted a QB that contributed to the franchise much at all.

well, on the same token i will say that the Jets have NEVER selected a QB that could win the big game since Namath, and that was back in the 60's..we had our shots tho, we left Marino on the board and chose Ken O;Brien and bla bla bla
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 April 22nd 2012, 5:50 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

well, on the same token i will say that the Jets have NEVER selected a QB that could win the big game since Namath, and that was back in the 60's..we had our shots tho, we left Marino on the board and chose Ken O;Brien and bla bla bla

I think what has plagued the Jets previous drafts is that they drafted who the fans thought was the best or safer pick instead of the best or safest pick. Lets be honest, fans, for the most part, are fucking stupid
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 April 22nd 2012, 1:47 pm

EPICxLIL'DEVIL666 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

I think what has plagued the Jets previous drafts is that they drafted who the fans thought was the best or safer pick instead of the best or safest pick. Lets be honest, fans, for the most part, are fucking stupid

Safest isnt always the best though.

@Pup: but you guys didnt draft Rick Mirer...
tubbs51
tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 April 22nd 2012, 1:56 pm

tubbs51 wrote:
EPICxLIL'DEVIL666 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

Safest isnt always the best though.

@Pup: but you guys didnt draft Rick Mirer...

the jets didnt draft mirer but Ill give you 2 examples of the fans making picks for the team. Kyle fucking Brady. Why the fuck did we draft him? fans said he was the safest pick. Vernon Gholston, fans said "omg he is a work out freak, he will be like OMG so good" he isnt doing shit in the NFL
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next