Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Off-Season News

+6
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MaddMatter
MyDirtyDangles
at23steelers
Mutant
SteelersJMB
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Off-Season News - Page 2 Empty Re: Off-Season News

Post  SteelersJMB May 10th 2011, 12:44 pm

MaddMatt wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/05/09/patriots-jets-rams-mentioned-as-possible-randy-moss-destinations/

It'll be interesting to watch, I don't see him being signed until camp starts though....if there's football.

True, it'll be awhile till teams start to pop up but I dont see him going to the Jets, for one he doesn't wanta play there, really has his hopes playing with NE again, sure he might be upset if he isn't signed but idk if he'd sign with their rival. And two, they can't even sign both Edwards and Holmes IF they wanted to, don't see them bringing in another top WR.

Rams could be a possibility, imagine Bradford being able to throw with this guy, he had 3500 yards without a top WR in that offense.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere May 10th 2011, 1:13 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/05/09/patriots-jets-rams-mentioned-as-possible-randy-moss-destinations/

It'll be interesting to watch, I don't see him being signed until camp starts though....if there's football.

True, it'll be awhile till teams start to pop up but I dont see him going to the Jets, for one he doesn't wanta play there, really has his hopes playing with NE again, sure he might be upset if he isn't signed but idk if he'd sign with their rival. And two, they can't even sign both Edwards and Holmes IF they wanted to, don't see them bringing in another top WR.

Rams could be a possibility, imagine Bradford being able to throw with this guy, he had 3500 yards without a top WR in that offense.

There's quite a lot wrong with this post.

1. When did Randy Moss ever say he wouldn't want to play for the Jets?
2. It is completely untrue that the Jets can't re-sign both Edwards and Holmes. Sure they might not, but saying they definitely can't is misinformed.
3. Randy Moss is no longer a top receiver who would require big money to sign. He will cost significantly less to sign that either Holmes or Edwards, hence him being a potential fallback option.
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 10th 2011, 1:23 pm

JermikesHere wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:

2. It is completely untrue that the Jets can't re-sign both Edwards and Holmes. Sure they might not, but saying they definitely can't is misinformed.
3. Randy Moss is no longer a top receiver who would require big money to sign. He will cost significantly less to sign that either Holmes or Edwards, hence him being a potential fallback option.

I personally don't think he'd want to play for them, especially if he were to be a back up if somehow you resigned both Holmes and Edwards.

And why would you bring in a whole new WR when Holmes was just there for one year and did a pretty good job, you have said it your self that Holmes has been known as a "me" type player, Moss can be the same way at times, Holmes is younger and has more potential, wouldn't make much sense to have both players, might as go with the younger one.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere May 10th 2011, 3:07 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:

I personally don't think he'd want to play for them, especially if he were to be a back up if somehow you resigned both Holmes and Edwards.

And why would you bring in a whole new WR when Holmes was just there for one year and did a pretty good job, you have said it your self that Holmes has been known as a "me" type player, Moss can be the same way at times, Holmes is younger and has more potential, wouldn't make much sense to have both players, might as go with the younger one.

You aren't understanding this. There's a possibility they can't re-sign Holmes due to money. Moss would take considerably less in his contract than Holmes will command. That much is obvious. It isn't about who is the better player.. clearly Holmes is better than Moss. Moss would be a fallback option in the even they can't sign Holmes. A cheaper alternative. If they sign Holmes and Edwards there is clearly no reason to sign MOss or anyone else.
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 11th 2011, 12:34 am

JermikesHere wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:

You aren't understanding this. There's a possibility they can't re-sign Holmes due to money. Moss would take considerably less in his contract than Holmes will command. That much is obvious. It isn't about who is the better player.. clearly Holmes is better than Moss. Moss would be a fallback option in the even they can't sign Holmes. A cheaper alternative. If they sign Holmes and Edwards there is clearly no reason to sign MOss or anyone else.

My opinion, I just don't feel like he'd want to go to NY. Might be his fallback option as well, not like he has many choices to pick from but idk, gonna have to wait and see.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 13th 2011, 7:45 pm

SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 13th 2011, 7:46 pm

SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ May 13th 2011, 8:24 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81fd1bce/article/newton-lockout-nothing-im-worried-about-right-now?module=HP_headlines

Newton story, recieves an award also saying he isn't worried about lockout

hmmmm..if i was Newton i wouldnt care either, just gives him another excuse as to why he doesnt have a grip on the playbook, not that it would matter but this definetly buys him another year in terms of needing to learn it....believe me, he WILL NEED IT!!! Shocked Laughing

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 13th 2011, 8:50 pm

This article could be "*insert player here* hopes CB comes to his team"

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 13th 2011, 10:41 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

hmmmm..if i was Newton i wouldnt care either, just gives him another excuse as to why he doesnt have a grip on the playbook, not that it would matter but this definetly buys him another year in terms of needing to learn it....believe me, he WILL NEED IT!!! Shocked Laughing

Is it because he's black?

Or is it because he's just not a good NFL QB prospect?

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ May 13th 2011, 11:05 pm

MaddMatt wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

its definetly because he is NOT a good NFL QB prospect, and i dont say this because i am hating on him, its just his menatlity...to me it looks as if he has no clue what is going on and hes ready just to be told 'play 36"...he doesnt have any idea about defenses or changing blocking schemes or audibles, its just '36" .. simplistic = fast exit out of NFL, thats the truth
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 13th 2011, 11:18 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

its definetly because he is NOT a good NFL QB prospect, and i dont say this because i am hating on him, its just his menatlity...to me it looks as if he has no clue what is going on and hes ready just to be told 'play 36"...he doesnt have any idea about defenses or changing blocking schemes or audibles, its just '36" .. simplistic = fast exit out of NFL, thats the truth

He's not that retarded...

He's a "Work In Progress" type of QB. No, he was not worthy of the #1 overall pick by any means. It would have been a much better situation had he been drafted into a situation like Gabbert or Mallett were so he could learn the system and then get used to it. But he's not stupid by any means. There's nothing wrong with being a simplistic offense at all. Look at how it works for Indianapolis. Yes, their QB is VERY smart and their language is VERY complex, but their plays are VERY simplistic when you break them down.

However, with all of that being said, I do think he will be a bust in the NFL. He was drafted into a shitty situation and he's not ready.

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 13th 2011, 11:22 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

He's a "Work In Progress" type of QB. No, he was not worthy of the #1 overall pick by any means. It would have been a much better situation had he been drafted into a situation like Gabbert or Mallett were so he could learn the system and then get used to it. But he's not stupid by any means. There's nothing wrong with being a simplistic offense at all. Look at how it works for Indianapolis. Yes, their QB is VERY smart and their language is VERY complex, but their plays are VERY simplistic when you break them down.

However, with all of that being said, I do think he will be a bust in the NFL. He was drafted into a shitty situation and he's not ready.

If you don't know that stealing computers is wrong- You may be Stupid.
If you almost get expelled from FLORIDA!- You could be Stupid.

If you didn't know your dad was shopping you around for hundreds of thousands of dollars- You're Stupid

The guy does not have what it takes to succeed in the NFL.

Last edited by MaddMatt on May 13th 2011, 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 13th 2011, 11:26 pm

MaddMatt wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

If you don't know that stealing computers is wrong- You may be Stupid.
If you almost get expelled from FLORIDA!- You could be Stupid.

If you didn't know your dad was shopping you around for hundreds of thousands of dollars- Your Stupid

The guy does not have what it takes to succeed in the NFL.

If you don't know how to correctly differentiate between "you're" and "your" - you may very well be stupid Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy jkjk man

But in all honesty, I don't think he's "stupid". He may not be the brightest lightbulb, but he's not like a retard or something.

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 13th 2011, 11:39 pm

Stupid and retarded are two completly different things Laughing

I used to hate on the guy but now I should give him the benifit of the doubt and just see how he does when given the chance, that's what I did with Tebow, he didn't play all season but some of the things people were saying about him were just absurd and hopefully both can bring success to their respective franchises and prove all the doubters(including myself) wrong.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 18th 2011, 1:33 am

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/704104-the-five-places-you-wont-see-plaxico-burress-in-2011#/articles/704104-the-five-places-you-wont-see-plaxico-burress-in-2011/page/6

Doesn't really look at all the teams, guessing the writer just looked at the teams in need of a true #1 guy and decided whether they need him or not, I know its bleacherreport but oh well.
I probably would put his former teams up there as well(NYG and PIT)
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 23rd 2011, 1:32 pm

SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 23rd 2011, 1:32 pm

SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 23rd 2011, 4:57 pm

The Jets are interested in another washed up FA? That's surprising.

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 May 23rd 2011, 7:02 pm

tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 May 24th 2011, 8:13 am

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

He's a "Work In Progress" type of QB. No, he was not worthy of the #1 overall pick by any means. It would have been a much better situation had he been drafted into a situation like Gabbert or Mallett were so he could learn the system and then get used to it. But he's not stupid by any means. There's nothing wrong with being a simplistic offense at all. Look at how it works for Indianapolis. Yes, their QB is VERY smart and their language is VERY complex, but their plays are VERY simplistic when you break them down.However, with all of that being said, I do think he will be a bust in the NFL. He was drafted into a shitty situation and he's not ready.

lolz are you serious with that comment.
pretty much everything is simplistic when you can break it down after it all ready happend.

the difficulty is executing the play when its run under the gametime conditions lolz.
there comes so much into play before the snap that not everyone can excecute it.
the only reason why thinks look so simple is because the qb made the right adjustments and executed the play right.

and dont forget that the wrs and oline and rb and te also need to do whats expected from them not to mention that the defense is doing what was expected from them lol.
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest May 24th 2011, 12:40 pm

TRU11 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

He's a "Work In Progress" type of QB. No, he was not worthy of the #1 overall pick by any means. It would have been a much better situation had he been drafted into a situation like Gabbert or Mallett were so he could learn the system and then get used to it. But he's not stupid by any means. There's nothing wrong with being a simplistic offense at all. Look at how it works for Indianapolis. Yes, their QB is VERY smart and their language is VERY complex, but their plays are VERY simplistic when you break them down.However, with all of that being said, I do think he will be a bust in the NFL. He was drafted into a shitty situation and he's not ready.

lolz are you serious with that comment.
pretty much everything is simplistic when you can break it down after it all ready happend.

the difficulty is executing the play when its run under the gametime conditions lolz.
there comes so much into play before the snap that not everyone can excecute it.
the only reason why thinks look so simple is because the qb made the right adjustments and executed the play right.

and dont forget that the wrs and oline and rb and te also need to do whats expected from them not to mention that the defense is doing what was expected from them lol.

Indy is known for their elementary design behind their plays, dude....

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 24th 2011, 1:02 pm

Owner should be doing as much as he can to help with this whole lockout situation then make these kind of statements, don't say he's going to have to either retire or play as a Bengal when even if he does say "okay guys I'm gonna play for the Bengals and help out Dalton" he can't because of the lockout
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere May 24th 2011, 1:16 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:Owner should be doing as much as he can to help with this whole lockout situation then make these kind of statements, don't say he's going to have to either retire or play as a Bengal when even if he does say "okay guys I'm gonna play for the Bengals and help out Dalton" he can't because of the lockout

Palmer is under contract with the Bengals.. he can absolutely say he's gonna play for them and he can absolutely call up Dalton and help him out now in the offseason even with the lockout going on.
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 24th 2011, 1:31 pm

JermikesHere wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:Owner should be doing as much as he can to help with this whole lockout situation then make these kind of statements, don't say he's going to have to either retire or play as a Bengal when even if he does say "okay guys I'm gonna play for the Bengals and help out Dalton" he can't because of the lockout

Palmer is under contract with the Bengals.. he can absolutely say he's gonna play for them and he can absolutely call up Dalton and help him out now in the offseason even with the lockout going on.

The point is even if he agrees with Brown and says "okay I'll be a Bengal next year" it doesn't do anything due to the lockout, instead of worrying about just one player the owner should be looking at the NFL as a whole and see how he can help them out.

SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next