Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Madden 13 Impressions Thread

+5
Thadden
HurpDurpHurray
S
ccdog23
EPICxPENGUIN69
9 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Madden 13 Impressions Thread Empty Madden 13 Impressions Thread

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 25th 2012, 1:45 am

I downloaded it, I played a few games and the game play is fine. They fixed quiet a few things but the CC mode is an absolute mess. Its counter intuitive, you cant edit players, you cant sim multiple weeks like if you want to sim a whole season, no custom play books, and you really have no say in the matter of things.

Its obvious they only tried to improve online play and in game play and sort of fucked up franchise and super star mode. It really is a mess. The XP thing is retarded
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Madden 13 Impressions Thread Empty Re: Madden 13 Impressions Thread

Post  ccdog23 August 25th 2012, 4:10 am

THANK YOU!That's exactly what I was thinking,there are just so many little inconveniences also.Like how you can only look at a players info by going to the roster section instead of hitting R3,or how you can't see what teams the player played for under career stats just the years.There were so many things they had right in the past that they fucked up.For instance they took out the player specific cameras when you create your own players.Are you fucking kidding me?So if you're a wr or a cb especially and the play goes out too far you can't even see your guy.Not being able to delegate scouting is also annoying,I mean yeah I know it's important but their are times when I don't feel like doing it but if I don't do it then I don't know shit about the players.You also can't adjust sliders for your scheme anymore,you can only select what types of players will fit in it.It's so obvious that they were going for the online crowd when they made this mode,it pisses me off.I'm the kind of person who likes to rebuild teams,and doing that is so much harder now because I haven't even been able to get through one season because of the tedious shit you have to do.All the reviews that are coming out are loving the game,but I'm considering not even buying the retail copy for the first time since 2k5 was still around Sad
ccdog23
ccdog23

Street Cred : 113

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 25th 2012, 4:19 am

NCAA 13 really is a solid game. Its fun, it has a lot of creativity involved with it, and it has a few more surprises you know.

Madden 13 is just poorly put together. I mean basically 2 years to put this together and THIS is what they come up with? Where is the quality control in this game. Absolutely no way I am wasting money and getting it.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  S August 25th 2012, 10:36 am

Waaah waaaah.
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  S August 25th 2012, 11:06 am

Whats crazy is how the scheme affects the players ovr so much. I know it really doesn't matter but whatever. Like with the Panthers DeAngelo drops from a 86? to a 71. And J Stew drops from 86 to 81. And Armanti Edwards apparently fits are scheme better than Brandon Lafell because he's like a 72 while Lafell is a 71. Armanti blows.
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray August 25th 2012, 3:29 pm

Stephen wrote:Whats crazy is how the scheme affects the players ovr so much. I know it really doesn't matter but whatever. Like with the Panthers DeAngelo drops from a 86? to a 71. And J Stew drops from 86 to 81. And Armanti Edwards apparently fits are scheme better than Brandon Lafell because he's like a 72 while Lafell is a 71. Armanti blows.

Wait this was using the Panthers scheme? If so, then thats all fucked up
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 August 25th 2012, 4:04 pm

I've had two connected careers where I was actually kinda having fun,one was as a player and another as the Rams.Both ended up freezing...
ccdog23
ccdog23

Back to top Go down

Post  S August 25th 2012, 5:19 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
Stephen wrote:Whats crazy is how the scheme affects the players ovr so much. I know it really doesn't matter but whatever. Like with the Panthers DeAngelo drops from a 86? to a 71. And J Stew drops from 86 to 81. And Armanti Edwards apparently fits are scheme better than Brandon Lafell because he's like a 72 while Lafell is a 71. Armanti blows.

Wait this was using the Panthers scheme? If so, then thats all fucked up
I guess so, I saw it on youtube.
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  S August 25th 2012, 5:46 pm

So by watching all the different videos i've realized that some things in CCM are scripted. Like McNabb will sign with the Browns or Vikings. Farrior signs with the Panthers, also saw that the Panthers were trading for Issac Redman in a video don't know if scripted but if CC or Epic can confirm?
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 August 25th 2012, 5:51 pm

Supposedly it's not actually scripted it's just that's how the new logic works.I guess those teams always sign those guys because the feel that they fill a need.Also T.O. always gets cut week 2.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Back to top Go down

Post  S August 25th 2012, 6:39 pm

Interesting. Good for T.O thats gonna happen anyways, I guess he doesn't fit there scheme at all?
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 August 25th 2012, 7:26 pm

Stephen wrote:Interesting. Good for T.O thats gonna happen anyways, I guess he doesn't fit there scheme at all?
Yeah,the only way he stays I think is if he has a great first preseason game lol.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 25th 2012, 7:51 pm

The same guys end up going on the trade block, redman, walker, etc etc etc.

I dont like it. It is just a mess
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray August 25th 2012, 8:28 pm

I'm sure they can patch that. The same thing happens with the trading block on NHL 12. You see the same guys on there at the beginning of the season. It's just the logic saying "hey we don't need these guys, lets trade them."
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 August 25th 2012, 11:02 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:I'm sure they can patch that. The same thing happens with the trading block on NHL 12. You see the same guys on there at the beginning of the season. It's just the logic saying "hey we don't need these guys, lets trade them."
Yeah exactly,the more I play ccm and the more I get used to it it's ok.A lot of the things that I don't like could be patched in,like simulating more than one week at a time for example.Hopefully we don't have to wait for Madden 14 for all these little things to be fixed.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 26th 2012, 5:14 am

ccdog23 wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:I'm sure they can patch that. The same thing happens with the trading block on NHL 12. You see the same guys on there at the beginning of the season. It's just the logic saying "hey we don't need these guys, lets trade them."
Yeah exactly,the more I play ccm and the more I get used to it it's ok.A lot of the things that I don't like could be patched in,like simulating more than one week at a time for example.Hopefully we don't have to wait for Madden 14 for all these little things to be fixed.

it is ea
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 August 26th 2012, 1:15 pm

EPICxSTUDENT4.0 wrote:
ccdog23 wrote:

it is ea
Yeah but isn't this a new team this year?
ccdog23
ccdog23

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 26th 2012, 1:20 pm

ccdog23 wrote:
EPICxSTUDENT4.0 wrote:
ccdog23 wrote:

it is ea

it was a new team last year who said that madden 13 would see the large improvements in franchice mode because they needed time. so they had 2 years to give us what they gave us this year. I am not impressed at all.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  S August 26th 2012, 1:28 pm

EPICxSTUDENT4.0 wrote:
ccdog23 wrote:
EPICxSTUDENT4.0 wrote:
ccdog23 wrote:

it is ea

it was a new team last year who said that madden 13 would see the large improvements in franchice mode because they needed time. so they had 2 years to give us what they gave us this year. I am not impressed at all.
Epic, with the dumb post of the year!
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray August 26th 2012, 1:29 pm

EPICxSTUDENT4.0 wrote:
ccdog23 wrote:
EPICxSTUDENT4.0 wrote:
ccdog23 wrote:

it is ea

Ya they just redid the entire mode and changed a whole bunch of others stuff too. NOT GOOD ENOUGH! NEEDS MORE KITTEN PICTURES AND HAXORZ!
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 26th 2012, 2:16 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
EPICxSTUDENT4.0 wrote:
ccdog23 wrote:
EPICxSTUDENT4.0 wrote:
ccdog23 wrote:

it is ea

Ya they just redid the entire mode and changed a whole bunch of others stuff too. NOT GOOD ENOUGH! NEEDS MORE KITTEN PICTURES AND HAXORZ!

they made everything worse is what they did. i can respect the story lines and stuff, and i can respect the connecting franchise and superstar, and i can respect a few other things but as a whole, it is worse than last years franchise mode
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 August 26th 2012, 3:23 pm

Well,first of all I do agree that I'm a little disappointed as well by the mode.I didn't realize how big of a deal no editing would be til I actually played and you start seeing things like two players wearing the same number and if you choose a legend you have to wear what ever gear they have.It isn't just that though,a lot of user customization got taken out this year and if feels kinda harder to get connected to your career.If you're someone like me who likes going deep and rebuilding a team it sucks because you're basically fucked,the top guys right now stay at the top for at the a little over 10 years,and that includes running backs...The guys who get drafted almost never get into the 90s for any team and I think that the connected career guys actually got that right but Mr Donny's rosters fuck it up so that the fictional guys suck compared to the out of the box guys.Another thing is the inability to really edit your strategy and scheme,the scheme settings are basically broken right now.One minute my scheme will be a vertical offense and the next balanced,but the main thing is defense.At one point my defensive scheme was set as spread...And the settings you make when you create your coach stick,you can't for instance try to ease your first round QB into the NFL by using a run heavy offense because when he does progress and is ready to carry a offense you can't change the setting and you're stuck with a run heavy offense.That definitely sucks.

However,I think that even though I personally would take last years franchise over this years CCM,there is no doubt that CCM has WAY more potential than franchise ever did as long as they don't completely forget about offline gamers.I think Josh Looman really does want this to be the best career mode in sports game history and I have confidence that it can get there if they can keep working at it.

Another thing that sucks though is the simulated stats,the lowest scoring teams get at least 25 points per game and all QBs throw near 30 tds a season and the way they differentiate the bad QBs from the good ones is by having bad QBs throw for nearly 35 ints.We're back to a couple years ago also where you only have maybe 1 or 2 OLBs getting 10 plus sacks.

IDK how much,if any of this,can be fixed via patch but I really do believe that this thing has great potential and next years game will be great.I haven't really decided if I'll buy the game yet as I'm already so frustrated by these issues that I'm kinda discouraged.But hey that's just my opinion,you may love the game or you may hate it so much you'll take that sumbitch out of the console,snap it in half and throw it out the fuckin winder.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Back to top Go down

Post  S August 26th 2012, 3:30 pm

With the ratings, are you talking about some guys being higher than it would seem. Like say Reggie Bush is a 91 or something. If so I saw that, that rating is how the team values that player at their position for their scheme. If that makes sense.

They said theres a patch out for online ccm that fixes the scheme thing and the multiple jersey numbers thing and the offline patch will hit at like release or something.
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 August 26th 2012, 3:34 pm

Stephen wrote:With the ratings, are you talking about some guys being higher than it would seem. Like say Reggie Bush is a 91 or something. If so I saw that, that rating is how the team values that player at their position for their scheme. If that makes sense.

They said theres a patch out for online ccm that fixes the scheme thing and the multiple jersey numbers thing and the offline patch will hit at like release or something.
No,like remember how we were talking about how we wish the ratings were spread out and there weren't as many 90 plus players?Well the guys who get drafted work like that in a ways,like there aren't as many superstars and there are times when you have to start someone who sucks.But Donny Moores out of the box rosters have guys ratings so jacked up that the league is dominated by real life players for a long time.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Back to top Go down

Post  S August 26th 2012, 3:41 pm

ccdog23 wrote:
Stephen wrote:With the ratings, are you talking about some guys being higher than it would seem. Like say Reggie Bush is a 91 or something. If so I saw that, that rating is how the team values that player at their position for their scheme. If that makes sense.

No,like remember how we were talking about how we wish the ratings were spread out and there weren't as many 90 plus players?Well the guys who get drafted work like that in a ways,like there aren't as many superstars and there are times when you have to start someone who sucks.But Donny Moores out of the box rosters have guys ratings so jacked up that the league is dominated by real life players for a long time.
Oooh ok. Well isn't that how it kind of is in real life? Most players who get drafted will bust.
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next