Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Draft Talk

+11
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
CaptRCG2
Soarindude02
SteelersJMB
KWicK78
at23steelers
Pintsizedjark
tubbs51
Thadden
EPICxPENGUIN69
PhantomReturns93
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Draft Talk Empty Draft Talk

Post  PhantomReturns93 April 12th 2011, 11:56 pm

EDIT: Decided to just change this to a general draft talk thread instead of starting yet another draft-related thread here

Since I know some guys (like myself) make these up when they're bored, post them here. Team drafts, whole rounds, whatever, this is just a general thread.

My most recent one for the Steelers, in which thye trade their 1st round pick for a 2nd and 4th rounder.

2a. Ras-I Dowling, CB/FS, Virginia
2b. Rashad Carmichael, CB, Virginia Tech
3. Marcus Gilbert, OT, Florida
4a. Jerrell Powe, NT, Ole Miss
4b. Lawrence Guy, DE, Arizona
5. Alex Henery, K/P, Nebraska
6. Da'Rell Scott, RB, Maryland
7. Greg Lloyd, ILB, Uconn

Last edited by PhantomJB93 on April 16th 2011, 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Draft Talk Empty Re: Draft Talk

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 April 13th 2011, 12:04 am

A lot of the mock drafts on NFL.com and stuff have Newton going number 1. I think that completely silly. when you draft freaks at the 1st pick, they bust. pro-football-reference.com and search all the 1st overall guys.

all freak guys, not a ton of playing time, all busted.

Cam will bust. no doubt in my mind...

but, I believe cincy will take him because they hold a storied tradition of horrible picks

1st overall will be patrick peterson. he truly is a once and a life time kind of player.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden April 13th 2011, 12:07 am

Im sick of the whole Cam Newton hype, I think hes totally overrated. I put him in the Tim Tebow style of quarterback. I think he should be second round at the earliest.
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 April 13th 2011, 12:16 am

Thadden wrote:Im sick of the whole Cam Newton hype, I think hes totally overrated. I put him in the Tim Tebow style of quarterback. I think he should be second round at the earliest.

I wouldnt even put him in the 2nd. To me, 3rd or 4th. Locker, Kaepernik, and Dalton are the 3 best in this draft.

How locker goes from potential 1st overall to now he is an after thought is beyond me. Locker is the most humble, cerebral, and most motivated QB in the draft. "He has a low completion percentage" <- Yea, he played for a 6-6 team with a hodge podge O-line. "He looks uncomfortable in the pocket" <- see 1st response.

I don't know why Gabbert and Newton are considered the two best Qbs. How ricki stanzi is considered undraftable. How andy dalton is a 2nd or 3rd round pick. the whole draft process this year is insane. I have never seen more hype or down play of players ever. (I watch draft stuff religiously on NFL network/ESPN) Only guy making sense is mike mayock.

he atleast has the stones to say "newton is an athlete...thats about it"
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 April 13th 2011, 4:52 am

I dont have a mock draft cause i havent been up to date as much i have been in the past with previous drafts.

I just hope the Seahawks get a Pro Bowl Interior Lineman with a high potential QB in the second or third or forth round (yes i realize Seattle doesnt have a third rounder).
tubbs51
tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 April 17th 2011, 9:09 pm

New Steelers Mock Draft:

1. Aaron Williams, CB, Texas
2. Ben Ijalana, OT, Villanova
3. Rashad Carmichael, CB, Virginia Tech
4. Mark Herzlich, ILB, Boston College
5. Alex Henery, K, Nebraska
6. Cedric Thornton, DE, Southern Arkansas
7. Mario Fannin, RB, Auburn

A bit different here, the Steelers totally pass on NT altogether and opt to take one next draft.
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 April 17th 2011, 9:57 pm

you really think the steelers are taking a kicker?
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark April 17th 2011, 10:17 pm

well the Redskins are screwed because they don't have a third or forth round pick(unless they trade down)..and I believe vital players come in those rounds...but I see something like this:

1st round - Julio Jones or Robert Quinn
2nd round - Andy Dalton

then HOPEFULLY they sit Dalton behind Grossman or McNabb(?) and don't just make him start from the beginning.

Pintsizedjark

Street Cred : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 April 17th 2011, 10:34 pm

EpicxPlatypus69 wrote:you really think the steelers are taking a kicker?

It's a definite possibility because I don't think they view Suisham as a long term option (especially after the miss in the SB), and our punter (Sepulveda) is always getting himself injured and his contract is up, and Henery can fill both needs as he kicked AND punted in college, so they might like him for the versatility. Plus he has a much stronger leg and can actually kick touchbacks, unlike Suisham, Reed, or anybody we've had in years...

I think they stick with Suisham if Henery doesn't fall to them though.
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers April 19th 2011, 5:53 pm

[quote="PhantomJB93"]New Steelers Mock Draft:

1. Aaron Williams, CB, Texas
2. Ben Ijalana, OT, Villanova
3. Rashad Carmichael, CB, Virginia Tech
4. Mark Herzlich, ILB, Boston College
5. Alex Henery, K, Nebraska
6. Cedric Thornton, DE, Southern Arkansas
7. Mario Fannin, RB, Auburn

A bit different here, the Steelers totally pass on NT altogether and opt to take one next draft.[/quote]

Take Fua in 3rd and a BPA in 7th, preferably a TE or Safety. Then it would be a great draft!
at23steelers
at23steelers

Street Cred : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 April 22nd 2011, 6:07 pm

First Round Mock, trades and all:

1. CAR - Cam Newton, QB, Auburn: As much as he shouldn't, he's going #1 overall

2. DEN - Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama: While no Suh, Dareus is a dominant force on the Dline and is the best fit for Denver out of the other top 5 prospects

3. BUF - Von Miller, OLB/DE, Texas A&M: Miller is an amazing prospect and Buffalo just decides they can't pass on him

4. CIN - AJ Green, WR, Georgia: Out with Carson and Ocho, in with AJ Green and either Andy Dalton or Christian Ponder in the second round.

5. ARI - Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri: Larry Fitz needs a QB to keep him in Zona

6. CLE - Da'Quan Bowers, DE, Clemson: Cleveland could use help on the Dline and are overjoyed to get Bowers here

7. SF - Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU: San Fran has wanted a corner for a while, and they get by far the best athlete and corner prospect in this draft

8. TEN - Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn: Without a worthy QB prospect on the board, Tennessee looks to replace the void left by Haynesworth

9. DAL - Tyron Smith, OT, USC: Smith is climbing up draft boards and Dallas needs to replace Flozell. I also don't think they think they need a corner as much as the fans and public do.

10. (TRADE) DET - Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska: After hitting a home run with Ndamukong Suh last year, and with the top OT off the board, Detroit trades with Washington to obtain Suh's old buddy and a tremendous cornerback prospect, Prince. They decide they can't risk sitting through Houston and Minnesota pick, as either could easily take this guy. They showed last year they're not afraid to trade up a few spots to secure who they want.

11. HOU - Aldon Smith, OLB, Missouri: While switching to the 3-4, Houston NEEDS a bonafide OLB. Who knows what Mario Williams is gonna be like in this scheme, he's too big to be an OLB but at the same time not bluky enough to simply plug up holes as a 3-4 DE. IDK why they're doing this, the 3-4 works but their current personnel really justifies sticking with a 4-3.

12. MIN - Cameron Jordan, DE, Cal: I keep hearing Minny loves this guy, so I'll keep mocking him to them

13. (TRADE) - WAS: Julio Jones, WR, Alabama: Washington still gets the offensive player they would have taken at 10, and gains picks in the process. Everybody wins in this trade.

14. STL - Robert Quinn, DE, UNC: Quinn is a great talent and with the top CBs and WRs off the board STL further strengthens their Dline

15. MIA - Mike Pouncey, G, Florida: Pouncey should not go this high, he is simply not as good as Maurkice and teams will find this out. But, until they see it at the next level, they will be under the mindset that identical twins will perform at the same level no matter what. I don't buy the hype that Miami will take Mark Ingram as every mock draft says.

16. JAX - Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue: Jacksonville needs a lot of defensive help, and Alualu is not enough yet to save their Dline

17. NE - Anthony Costonzo, OT, BC: New England honestly doesn't really have many "needs," so they will simply restock their aging Oline so Tom Terrific doesn't run into any problems down the road when the current guys start deteriorating.

18. SD - JJ Watt, DE, Wisconsin: Watt will be a good fit for the Chargers

19. NYG - Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama: New York, tired of the bullshit of Jacobs and Bradshaw, takes Ingram, who I believe will be a Pro Bowler for years to come

20. TB - Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa: Clayborn seems like a good fit for the Bucs who are rebuilding their defense

21. KC - Phil Taylor, NT, Baylor: I would honestly be shocked if KC passes on Taylor. He could be the final piece of their defensive puzzle and is the ideal 3-4 Nose Tackle

22. IND - Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin: Indy is another hard team to mock, without many glaring needs. Perhaps they also restock their Oline just like New England

23. PHI - Nate Solder, OT, Colorado: Philly could use some Oline help and I'm not sold that they need a CB

24. NO - Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois: I think New Orleans is another team we could see trade down if somebody falls, but for now, since I can't think of a team wh would be dying to trade up for somebody left on the board, I'll just mock them my typical pick.

25. SEA - Jake Locker, QB, Washington: I've been saying it since the season ended, and no that he's climbing draft boards again it ill come to fruition. Perfect fit, hometown guy, fills their greatest need.

26. BAL - Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado: As much as I would like the Steelers to take Jimmy Smith, despite his character concerns, Balitmore also needs a shutdown corner and is a team that is willing to take risks on "character issue" guys

27. ATL - Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame: Atlanta decides to take Gonzalez's replacement and can't risk not taking Rudolph, who is the only standout TE of this class. There's plenty of WRs and DLs to be found later on

28. (TRADE) TEN - Christian Ponder, QB, Florida State: While this may be a little early for him, New England is the perfect team to trade with, and the Titans are looking for a QB. There will be a run on QBs at the beginning of the second round, and Tennessee will be left out of this run if they don't trade up.

29. CHI - Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi State: Chicago could sure use some help keeping Jay Cutler, whiny as he may be, on his feet

30. NYJ - Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State: New York could also use a fresh face on the Dline and doesn't have another really blatant need at the moment (except quarterback...hahahahha I jest, I jest)

31. PIT - Aaron Williams, CB/S, Texas: A perfect fit for the Steelers, fills our greatest need, fits our scheme, embodies everything we look for in a corner (big, physical, plays the run well). And in a worst case scenario he moves from CB and becomes a ballhawking, hard hitting free safety next to Troy. Only reason we should shy away from him is he is a Texas player who wore number 4 (The last one was...Limas Sweed. Ahhhhhh!!)

32. GB - Muhammad Wilkerson, DE, Temple: I don't buy that GB will take an OLB, they have Matthews and Zombo filled in well last year. I don't buy that they will take a WR, they have the deepest corps in the league. I don't buy that they will take a RB, Starks exploded last postseason and they haven't given up on Grant who consistently racks up 1200 yards when he's healthy, albeit quietly. This is really the only pick I can see them making, and he is probably the BPA as well.
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 April 22nd 2011, 6:26 pm

I'd like Prince AK (the Nebraska kid, from hereon referred to as "AK" or "Prince") in the first round.

Then I'd like to trade up a bit towards the beginning of the 2nd to nab Dalton. I like the kid. I think he has the brain for the pro game. I think he is very coachable, and he knows how to win. He has become my favorite QB as of late.

After that, we need to grab an athletic freak who will do nothing but pass rush and then start just filling some depth. Probably next year we will need to grab a talented Center
KWicK78
KWicK78

Street Cred : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 22nd 2011, 8:04 pm

Really like the idea of getting Williams for our defense.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers April 24th 2011, 12:22 am

My mock draft. I do like Williams, but think Dowling is almost as good, if we can trade back.

1st round: (Steelers trade down to Titans who take Dalton with their pick in search for a QB and Steelers receive their #2 and #3 round picks)

2nd round: CB Ras I Dowling (The more I watch him, the more I like what I see. Solid Character guy, fast, tall. Mel Kiper compared him to a slightly slower DRC which I would be fine with at #2. We don't even know if Ike will be back)

2nd round: LB Sam Acho (The Steelers love guys that can rush the passer. He can give us added depth, after losing Gibson last year.)

3rd round: OT James Carpenter (We need depth along the line after Starks and Colon got injured last year. Adams is getting older and we might be able to retain Colon anyhow).

3rd round: DE Jarvis Jenkins (We to find replacements along the defensive line soon, and add depth this year. I think Jenkins could play opposite of Hood down the line. I think Sione Fua is another option here).

4th round: CB Chimidi Chekwa (Another CB that will add depth to our secondary. Hopefully this means we can release a few of our veteran players once the coaches trust these guys know the system, which might take a year).

5th round: DT Jerrell Powe (We need a lot of depth along our dline. I believe our oline has more depth than our dline which is why I took a DT over an offensive guard here.)

6th round: K / P Alex Henery (Suisham has proved for other teams he is never clutch when they need him the most. Sepulveda is a great asset to our team, but unfortunately gets injured a lot. Henery adds depth at least to both areas, which I think is better value than any other position here).

7th round: RB Mario Fannin (He is 230 pounds and ran a 2.38 40 yard dash. Enough said! I could see a WR or TE taken here as well. We do have Redman and Dwyer to back up Mendenhall, but a 4th back to compete isn't a bad thing, assuming we release Moore. Moore was an asset to our team last year, so this pick might depend on the direction our front office. I could see a FB here, if anyone knows a good FB prospect).

Note: If we do choose these players, I think analysts would pick us as the winners of choosing the players with the coolest names!!
at23steelers
at23steelers

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers April 24th 2011, 9:52 am

Ok, I wanted to throw in there Acho for my surprising "mock." Here is my more realistic mock:

2nd: CB Dowling
2nd: OT Carpenter
3rd: DE Jenkins
3rd: DT Fua
4th: CB Chekwa
5th: G Hurd
6th: K Henery
7th: LB Friday
at23steelers
at23steelers

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 April 24th 2011, 11:40 am

So everyone is picking the Bucs to pick Adrian Clayborn in the first round...Damn. I finally thought this year we would take a first round O lineman, particularly the guy out of Florida whose brother plays on the Steelers. A guy that can play everyone on the O-line, and can play it well.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptRCG2 April 24th 2011, 12:11 pm

Bucs have been talking about DE's in this years draft before they were taking DT's in last year's draft. I'd be very surprised if they don't go DE. Clayborn or Kerrigan seem to be likely picks.
CaptRCG2
CaptRCG2

Street Cred : 86

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 24th 2011, 12:12 pm

for the Jets im hoping our Draft looks like this...

1st rnd = Phil Taylor or Kenric Ellis NT both are HUGE guys, 6'4 350lbs, we need Jenks replacement here

3rd rnd = Dontay Moch LB 6'3 250lbs 4.3 forty time Shocked

4th rnd = Robert Sands Safety 6'4 220lbs projected to be a late 3rd or 4th, we could use the depth

after those picks im not sure where Tanny will go, but those 3 players i posted would make a big impact on our team next season.
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 April 24th 2011, 1:24 pm

Ok so we all know that this year is stacked with defensive talent.

I do not understand the flaw logic I heard today on the CBS sport show today. Granted it was Rich Rod so expect it to be artarded. "The carolina panthers should take Cam. If they take Patrick Peterson, it is a safe pick. You plug him in for the next ten years but Cam could be your starter next year or the year after that." Rich Rod...you just made an argument to NOT take Cam.

Also, I have seen more and more tape on Gabbert. I actually am starting to like him. I don't love him, but I can now understand why people like him. I believe he is getting pushed up because of the extra defensive talent in this years draft.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 24th 2011, 1:39 pm

Bills are really gonna either set themselves back for a few years or make an excellent pick and keep going on the path to once again being a contender.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 April 24th 2011, 2:53 pm

CaptRCG2 wrote:Bucs have been talking about DE's in this years draft before they were taking DT's in last year's draft. I'd be very surprised if they don't go DE. Clayborn or Kerrigan seem to be likely picks.

Looks like were probably going Cornerback.....
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 April 24th 2011, 2:53 pm

CaptRCG2 wrote:Bucs have been talking about DE's in this years draft before they were taking DT's in last year's draft. I'd be very surprised if they don't go DE. Clayborn or Kerrigan seem to be likely picks.

Looks like were probably going Cornerback.....
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetsown08 April 24th 2011, 7:28 pm

I actually see the Bucs not taking a lineman, they already got Gerald McCoy and Brian Price last year. They might go the Jaguars route and stockpile defensive lineman, but since Aqib Talib is being released I'd think they go corner too.
Jetsown08
Jetsown08

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 24th 2011, 7:41 pm

I can say I have no idea who the Lions are planning on taking....or if they are going to trade up....or down. Not a clue. I guess that's a good thing. There's a lot of defensive talent in this draft so I should be pretty happy when all is said and done.

I think Mason Foster? (LB for Washington) would be a good fit because he's played for some of our coaches before.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  poshmidget April 25th 2011, 8:30 pm

poshmidget

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content