Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

I don't get Fantasy football sometimes

3 posters

Go down

I don't get Fantasy football sometimes Empty I don't get Fantasy football sometimes

Post  Mutant August 14th 2011, 11:07 am

I've just done a draft on Yahoo. It's a public league and I picked 6th overall out of 9 people.

Anyway, how come people seem to miss so much great talent?

I'm going through the players avaliable whilst I wait to pick and there's guys like Josh Freeman still there in ROUND 8! Seb Jank was still there in Round 13. I got Phantoms and AT's boi Emmanuel Sanders with my final pick in Round 15.

I remember looking at the draft tracker thing and seeing that some guy had drafted Peyton Hillis in Round 2. What the fuck? Hillis is great and all but to take him ahead of the big name QBs and a few big name RBs who hadn't been taken in Round 1 is mental.

My team in case anyone is interested:

QB: Peyton Manning
RB: Ray Rice
RB: LeGarrotte Blount
WR: Mike Wallace
WR: Johnny Knox
WR: Dez Bryant
TE: Vernon Davis
K: Seb Jank
DEF/ST: Detroit

BN: Josh Freeman
BN: Javid Best
BN: C.J. Spiller
BN: Sidney Rice
BN: Emmanuel Sanders
BN: Rob Gronkowski

Decided after I drafted Manning that I was going to draft a YOUNG team of players who are 25 and under. Seb Jank and Davis are the exception. Best avaliable and all that. And besides, I don't know anything about young kickers.
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

I don't get Fantasy football sometimes Empty Re: I don't get Fantasy football sometimes

Post  CaptRCG2 August 14th 2011, 12:53 pm

Mutant wrote:I've just done a draft on Yahoo. It's a public league and I picked 6th overall out of 9 people.

Anyway, how come people seem to miss so much great talent?

I'm going through the players avaliable whilst I wait to pick and there's guys like Josh Freeman still there in ROUND 8! Seb Jank was still there in Round 13. I got Phantoms and AT's boi Emmanuel Sanders with my final pick in Round 15.

I remember looking at the draft tracker thing and seeing that some guy had drafted Peyton Hillis in Round 2. What the fuck? Hillis is great and all but to take him ahead of the big name QBs and a few big name RBs who hadn't been taken in Round 1 is mental.

My team in case anyone is interested:

QB: Peyton Manning
RB: Ray Rice
RB: LeGarrotte Blount
WR: Mike Wallace
WR: Johnny Knox
WR: Dez Bryant
TE: Vernon Davis
K: Seb Jank
DEF/ST: Detroit

BN: Josh Freeman
BN: Javid Best
BN: C.J. Spiller
BN: Sidney Rice
BN: Emmanuel Sanders
BN: Rob Gronkowski

Decided after I drafted Manning that I was going to draft a YOUNG team of players who are 25 and under. Seb Jank and Davis are the exception. Best avaliable and all that. And besides, I don't know anything about young kickers.

You have Legarratte Blount and Josh Freeman. I predict victory! I don't get Fantasy football sometimes 1417734282
CaptRCG2
CaptRCG2

Street Cred : 86

Back to top Go down

I don't get Fantasy football sometimes Empty Re: I don't get Fantasy football sometimes

Post  Soarindude02 August 14th 2011, 1:47 pm

Because you had very few teams in your Draft. That's why 12 team leagues are the most interesting.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant August 14th 2011, 3:39 pm

I don't particulary mean this league.

Hell, even in the ESPN one we did a few weeks back had a lot of "dodgy" picks.

You're like "why the hell are you drafting some 3rd string RB when there's a beast of a DT who can rack up the sacks avaliable?"

I was in a 14-man mock live draft last night and I still manage to get a heap of good players (see the Fantasy Football sticky) even though I was picking late (9th out of 14).
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum