Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Fixing College Football

4 posters

Go down

Fixing College Football  Empty Fixing College Football

Post  MaddMatter December 2nd 2015, 8:14 pm

We all know college football is all about the money. No one cares about the best teams, it's all about the matchups that produce the most money.

So how do we fix this and have a "true" playoff system?

Here are some of my ideas:

1. Top 25 teams- Do NOT release top 25 rankings until AT LEAST Week 5.
2. Those teams ranked in the top 25, will be just that. No one will be ranked 1, 2, 3 or 4. During games you will just see "25" next to a teams name, meaning they are one of the top 25 teams in the nation.
3. 10 team playoff system
4. Only Conference Winners advance to playoffs.
5. Top 6 teams get byes, so there will be 2 "play in" games.
6. If you don't have a conference, you can't play in the playoffs.
7. Top 10 teams will be ranked on strength of schedule, quality wins and bad losses. This will be done by a committee on LIVE TV, with a handful of reporters to question why certain decisions were made.

Those are just some ideas.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Fixing College Football  Empty Re: Fixing College Football

Post  Willbacker December 5th 2015, 11:54 am

These are good ideasespecially about the rankings. Why doesn't the team that finished first the year before start off with the #1 ranking? No just some people get together and say well I think this team might be best so they should be #1 and then these guys can be #2. Based on what? lol They should have no rankings till at least week 5 and then they could even make a big show about it. I also like the idea of 10 team playoff.
Willbacker
Willbacker

Street Cred : 30

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 December 8th 2015, 12:55 am

I like the televising the committee. That be fun. Sports C-Span.

I think we can eliminate like 50% of the bowls....really bowls all together. They annoy me. They are around because of sponsorship and the 15 extra practices you get (basically like a spring session, spring practice is 16)

We do away with conferences. Align teams based on the region an ability.

Make all officials apart of one group rather than belonging to conferences.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter December 8th 2015, 5:05 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:I like the televising the committee. That be fun. Sports C-Span.

I think we can eliminate like 50% of the bowls....really bowls all together. They annoy me. They are around because of sponsorship and the 15 extra practices you get (basically like a spring session, spring practice is 16)

I know we've all seen the Oprah Memes about "you get a ____, You get a ____, EVERYONE gets a _____"

That's how I feel about bowl games. Soon Eastern Michigan will play in a bowl game and believe me, no one wants that.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 December 14th 2015, 8:16 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:I like the televising the committee. That be fun. Sports C-Span.

I know we've all seen the Oprah Memes about "you get a ____, You get a ____, EVERYONE gets a _____"

That's how I feel about bowl games. Soon Eastern Michigan will play in a bowl game and believe me, no one wants that.

Listen, I think it's very easy to fix the CFP.

8 teams. SEC Champ, ACC Champ, Big 12, Big 10, Pac 12, AAC + 2 Wild Cards. 10 regular season games, 11th game would be conference champ week or consultation game, 12th game would be 1st round of playoffs or consultation game. 13th and 14th games would be the bowl games and championship game.

everyone gets a minimum of 12 games and maybe a bowl, you need to be 7-5 to go to a bowl
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ December 15th 2015, 12:56 am

easy fix is this...

STOP paying "top' coaches and not allowing players to capitalize on thier own dynasty

..id love to see all colleges with a 100K MAX on thier pay for coaches

..most "kids" in college are over 18, let them earn some money for thier hard work, not just the school or college football as a whole
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 December 15th 2015, 5:52 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:easy fix is this...

STOP paying "top' coaches and not allowing players to capitalize on thier own dynasty

..most "kids" in college are over 18, let them earn some money for thier hard work, not just the school or college football as a whole

I believe college kids should be able to get endorsements and paid from the TV networks and the equipers of gear. The schools shouldn't pay the kids on top of a scholarship but Nike, Under Armour, Adidas, Russel, Etc. should, Fox, ESPN, CBS should. Those are the folks making money off of them. Most schools don't make a profit off their athletic departments
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ December 16th 2015, 4:11 am

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:

. Most schools don't make a profit off their athletic departments

BULLSHIT..lets ask Appalachian State if it could even afford to bring in Nick Saban for an interview, these schools make a TON of money, and its all earned on these kids ability to stay healthy and play good football....trust me, Saban isnt coaching Bama cause that school isnt making $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 8:41 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:

BULLSHIT..lets ask Appalachian State if it could even afford to bring in Nick Saban for an interview, these schools make a TON of money, and its all earned on these  kids ability to stay healthy and play good football....trust me, Saban isnt coaching Bama cause that school isnt making $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Only like 20-25 schools actually make a profit.

And the biggest myth is that these athletes don't get paid. They do. How much and if it is enough is the debate.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 December 16th 2015, 11:35 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:

BULLSHIT..lets ask Appalachian State if it could even afford to bring in Nick Saban for an interview, these schools make a TON of money, and its all earned on these  kids ability to stay healthy and play good football....trust me, Saban isnt coaching Bama cause that school isnt making $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

And the biggest myth is that these athletes don't get paid. They do. How much and if it is enough is the debate.

Miami, fsu, usc, bama, Notre dame, texas, etc. Make profits because they have large athletic budgets to begin with but play on prime time, play in big bowls, have tv deals, etc.

Florida has basically a limitless budget because Gatorade
Oregon has a limitless budget because of nike.

A school like Boise state uses football to fund it's other sports like women's soccer and baseball
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
EPICxPENGUIN69 wrote:

Miami, fsu, usc, bama, Notre dame, texas, etc. Make profits because they have large athletic budgets to begin with but play on prime time, play in big bowls, have tv deals, etc.

Florida has basically a limitless budget because Gatorade
Oregon has a limitless budget because of nike.

A school like Boise state uses football to fund it's other sports like women's soccer and baseball

Top 5 are something like
Tennessee
Michigan
ND
Ohio St.
USC

Or something like that. I know Tennessee was #1 last I checked, which is really strange.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down