Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Less Preseason= Less Violece?

5 posters

Go down

Less Preseason= Less Violece?  Empty Less Preseason= Less Violece?

Post  MaddMatter August 22nd 2011, 5:13 pm

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/22/jed-york-suggests-18-game-season-would-curb-fan-violence/

Uh, what? How does that make sense? I'm at a loss of words at how stupid that sounds.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Less Preseason= Less Violece?  Empty Re: Less Preseason= Less Violece?

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 22nd 2011, 8:00 pm

why do people want an 18 game season. players already go 75% as is. you want these guys to give less effort over 2 more regular season games. fucking shit heads
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 August 22nd 2011, 8:49 pm

MaddMatt wrote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/22/jed-york-suggests-18-game-season-would-curb-fan-violence/

Uh, what? How does that make sense? I'm at a loss of words at how stupid that sounds.

I agree. Fan violence can occur no matter if its preseason or reg season. You'll still have the same amount of games to have fan violence occur. Its just stupid....
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter August 22nd 2011, 9:00 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/22/jed-york-suggests-18-game-season-would-curb-fan-violence/

I agree. Fan violence can occur no matter if its preseason or reg season. You'll still have the same amount of games to have fan violence occur. Its just stupid....

Well I would think people would be more....eager? to fight during the regular season because it actually counts, rather than preseason.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 22nd 2011, 9:35 pm

MaddMatt wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

Well I would think people would be more....eager? to fight during the regular season because it actually counts, rather than preseason.

parents fight at PEE WEE games, you want to stop having fan violence, dont have fans

humans are stupid creatures who will find what ever reason to fight, especially when outside forces are included like alcohol or drugs. no alcohol will cut down some of the violence but not get rid of it, breathalysers at the ticket gate may cut it down a wee bit more, but nothing you do will ever get rid of it completely
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 August 23rd 2011, 9:58 am

Jed York is a fucking idiot
KWicK78
KWicK78

Street Cred : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy August 23rd 2011, 1:16 pm

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote: parents fight at PEE WEE games, you want to stop having fan violence, dont have fans
humans are stupid creatures who will find what ever reason to fight, especially when outside forces are included like alcohol or drugs. no alcohol will cut down some of the violence but not get rid of it, breathalysers at the ticket gate may cut it down a wee bit more, but nothing you do will ever get rid of it completely

I coach a pop warner team and I see it all teh time. A few years back Iw as coaching the 5-6 yr olds and we went into teh ghetto for a game vs Boston and the parents of the ghetto kids had to be held off the field because tehyw anted to attck us coaches. Sports shouldnt be allowed in cities/towns where people have shown they cant be responsible for thier own actions. As if the broken windows and stolen stereos in teh parking lots after the game wasnt enough of a deterent.

And I had the balls to wonder why every year more and more coaches refuse to travel to that field anymore.

Its to the point that our entire league (from 5 yr olds upto the 13+14 yr olds) will forfiet any games at that field. Not to mention 3 years ago a coach was shot and killed on field, during a practice in front of 100 kids or so.

Fuking animals
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 August 23rd 2011, 2:34 pm

RSoxGuy wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote: parents fight at PEE WEE games, you want to stop having fan violence, dont have fans

I coach a pop warner team and I see it all teh time. A few years back Iw as coaching the 5-6 yr olds and we went into teh ghetto for a game vs Boston and the parents of the ghetto kids had to be held off the field because tehyw anted to attck us coaches. Sports shouldnt be allowed in cities/towns where people have shown they cant be responsible for thier own actions. As if the broken windows and stolen stereos in teh parking lots after the game wasnt enough of a deterent.

And I had the balls to wonder why every year more and more coaches refuse to travel to that field anymore.

Its to the point that our entire league (from 5 yr olds upto the 13+14 yr olds) will forfiet any games at that field. Not to mention 3 years ago a coach was shot and killed on field, during a practice in front of 100 kids or so.

Fuking animals

people are animals, we arent these clean pristine things, we fight over retarded shit.

the kids want to play the game, they have fun hitting each other and scoring TDs. the parents dont want to see their kid suck. there was a big deal about a parent running on a field and destroying some kid because he put the mans kid on his ass

you cant take your kid being a pussy stop treating him like a baby. parents are fucking quick to rush to defend their kid instead of let the kid figure shit out on their own
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy August 23rd 2011, 3:38 pm

I found the article

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/14335249/detail.html

Football Coach Shot While Team Practices
15-Year-Old Arrested

BOSTON -- Boston Police Commissioner Edward Davis ordered an increase in police patrols Saturday after the shooting of a Pop Warner football coach at Washington Park in Roxbury.

Myron Stovell, 39, was shot around 12:30 p.m., while his team practiced in the park. Police said Stovell was shot in the leg and described his wounds as not life-threatening.

NewsCenter 5's Jim Morelli reported that witnesses described a chaotic scene in which shots were fired in front of dozens of children.

"I couldn't believe seeing kids scatter and coaches telling them to hit the deck," one witness told Morelli.

Boston police said a 15-year-old was arrested late Saturday and charged with attempted murder.

“The victim in this incident is a role model in our neighborhoods. The individuals responsible for this violent act should be scorned by their families and held in public contempt by the community," Davis said.

Stovell is a coach for the Boston Bengals, a Pop Warner football team with kids ages 7 to 15.

Police said Stovell and the teenager, who they said was involved in gang activity, had an encounter before the shooting.

"He hit the kid's dog, that's why they did it to him. He hit their dog and they came onto the field," Jenn Reed, the events coordinator for the team, told The Boston Globe.

The 15-year-old will be arraigned in Roxbury District Court Monday.

Reed told The Boston Herald that Stovell is expected to attend a team meeting Monday night and will address the shooting.

Just wanted to update my previous post. The coach wasnt killed.
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum