Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Trade Peterson?

+5
Soarindude02
Mutant
KWicK78
HurpDurpHurray
MaddMatter
9 posters

Go down

Trade Peterson? Empty Trade Peterson?

Post  MaddMatter August 25th 2011, 9:32 pm

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/25/adrian-peterson-didnt-hold-out-because-hes-in-the-drivers-seat/

Just check out the last paragraph, would it be smart or dumb for the Vikings to trade Peterson?

I think it would be smart, you lose a HUGE contract that will only get bigger. You can probably get 2 first round picks and a 2nd, which would be HUGE in rebuilding an old team. Plus its not like the Vikings are going to win the Super Bowl in the next year or two anyway so your just helping Peterson out.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Trade Peterson? Empty Re: Trade Peterson?

Post  HurpDurpHurray August 25th 2011, 9:36 pm

You don't throw away that talent. I think they'll be stupid if they traded Peterson
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 August 25th 2011, 10:24 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:You don't throw away that talent. I think they'll be stupid if they traded Peterson

this. Plus he is the face of the franchise right now. There is no one on that team who can replace him as the heart right now.
KWicK78
KWicK78

Street Cred : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant August 26th 2011, 10:01 am

No, it's not smart.

You don't trade or cut your NUMBER ONE OFFENSIVE WEAPON not to mention the face of your franchise.

Put it this way, if Calvin Johnson or Patrick Willis demanded a big new contract would you be like "Fuck him, let's trade him"?

And anyway, draft picks are over-rated. Especially the higher ones. How many Top 32 picks end up being big stars for their teams? There's probably been more busts or just plain average players drafted in the 1st round of the last 5 years than there has of star players.

Actually, I have a feeling you only think it's a smart move cos the Vikings rivals of the Lions. If he got traded you wouldn't have to play him twice a year Laughing
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter August 26th 2011, 10:27 am

Mutant wrote:No, it's not smart.

You don't trade or cut your NUMBER ONE OFFENSIVE WEAPON not to mention the face of your franchise.

Put it this way, if Calvin Johnson or Patrick Willis demanded a big new contract would you be like "Fuck him, let's trade him"?

And anyway, draft picks are over-rated. Especially the higher ones. How many Top 32 picks end up being big stars for their teams? There's probably been more busts or just plain average players drafted in the 1st round of the last 5 years than there has of star players.

Actually, I have a feeling you only think it's a smart move cos the Vikings rivals of the Lions. If he got traded you wouldn't have to play him twice a year Laughing

I'm just saying, it could be smart. Let's look at it like this. Do we KNOW Peterson wants to sign a long term deal with Minny? What if he doesn't and he goes somewhere else to play? Then the Vikings get nothing. I'm just saying if I'm GM I would listen to some offers. But hey hey hey.

We can keep Peterson in check, plus he fumbles a lot against us Razz
His last game he had 31 yards on 14 carries Shocked
His first game he had 20 for 66 Razz

LOL- A THIRD of his Fumbles are against Detroit....SEVEN FUMBLES against Detroit.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 August 26th 2011, 3:37 pm

MaddMatt wrote:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/25/adrian-peterson-didnt-hold-out-because-hes-in-the-drivers-seat/

Just check out the last paragraph, would it be smart or dumb for the Vikings to trade Peterson?

I think it would be smart, you lose a HUGE contract that will only get bigger. You can probably get 2 first round picks and a 2nd, which would be HUGE in rebuilding an old team. Plus its not like the Vikings are going to win the Super Bowl in the next year or two anyway so your just helping Peterson out.

I would take the deal.... Two Firsts and a Second? Sure. It's not a guarantee that they will be good, and you're getting someone you can trust. If the Bucs had AP, we would have a top 5 offense no doubt. I think it's a win win for both teams. Vikings need to rebuild, and a lot of teams need that star player that put's them on top. A lot of people say Running Backs are a dime a Dozen, but truthfully, that's average guys.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere August 26th 2011, 10:25 pm

It's only smart if they throw in the towel and commit fully to a total rebuilding program.

As amazing as Peterson is, he probably only has about 3 years left as an elite player. The life of RB's just isn't that long. If they were able to get something crazy like 2 first round picks, I hate to say it, but they should do it.

The Vikings have no chance to go anywhere soon.. their window closed when Favre threw that pick against the Saints. They have a rookie QB waiting in the wings, a pretty bad O-line, 1 receiver, an aging defense, and Peterson. If they can rebuild by trading Peterson they have to consider it. And I'm a huge Peterson fan.. he's a once a decade kind of talent.
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 August 27th 2011, 6:19 am

nigga please Suspect
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ August 27th 2011, 7:25 am

They really should trade Petersen, looking at the Vikes they dont have a legit shot at making a Playoff run any time soon, and as Jermike said HBs only have so many productive years, might as well get something of value for him now, something along the lines of what Jimmy Johnson did back in 89-90 when he traded Hershel Walker for a ton of picks, the Cowboys at that time needed an overhaul and thats just what they got, not to mantion a few SB rings soon after also.
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 August 27th 2011, 7:09 pm

lol...no
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum