Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

BATTLEFIELD 3 BETA UP NOW!!

+4
BaltRavensFan20
HurpDurpHurray
MaddMatter
Mutant
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BATTLEFIELD 3 BETA UP NOW!! Empty BATTLEFIELD 3 BETA UP NOW!!

Post  Mutant September 29th 2011, 10:24 am

It's an open beta meaning you don't need to buy some shitty ass game or need to enter a code for it.

Just download the 1.3Gb file from the Dashboard or whatever the hell it is on the PieceofShit3.

Anyone on Xbox should add me and we'll kick some ass.

Praetorian VIII
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

BATTLEFIELD 3 BETA UP NOW!! Empty Re: BATTLEFIELD 3 BETA UP NOW!!

Post  MaddMatter September 29th 2011, 1:09 pm

I heard is fucking kick ass. I'm finna go to my boys later today and check it out. I pre ordered that shit Tuesday.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant September 29th 2011, 2:13 pm

So I played it.

I think you die way too easily.

It feels like you die after getting hit with one burst, like playing Hardcore modes on Call of Duty or something.

Bang, dead.

Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray September 29th 2011, 4:30 pm

Mutant wrote:So I played it.

It feels like you die after getting hit with one burst, like playing Hardcore modes on Call of Duty or something.

Bang, dead.

No no, what DICE did is made it so when you starting getting hit, your vision slowly blurs. When you're close to dying, your screen will start going red.

The game is kick ass but it would have been nice to have some vehicles in play. Also, it's a little glitchy when it comes to jumping through windows and stuff. Seems like a little 6 inch gap from the floor to the window sill will cause your soldier to have to jump over.
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter September 30th 2011, 12:29 am

It shows promise. A shit ton of weapon shit. It felt like it was lacking something, I don't know what, but it just felt like it lacked something. It seems like a really solid game and was pretty fun for the beta. I'm interested in what the final product is like.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant September 30th 2011, 9:22 am

HurpDurpHurray wrote:

Bang, dead.

No no, what DICE did is made it so when you starting getting hit, your vision slowly blurs. When you're close to dying, your screen will start going red.

The game is kick ass but it would have been nice to have some vehicles in play. Also, it's a little glitchy when it comes to jumping through windows and stuff. Seems like a little 6 inch gap from the floor to the window sill will cause your soldier to have to jump over.

Usually you're dead before you've even realised that you're being shot at. At least that was the case for me yesterday.

I was running along, get the briefest red hit detector in the general direction the enemy is in, and before I can drop to prone or turn to shoot back, I'm watching my guy die.

It happened every fucking time.

It really is like playing Hardcore in COD.

That's not to say I don't like the game though though. I just have to takle it slower and not run into the open so much lol.
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray September 30th 2011, 12:42 pm

Mutant wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

Bang, dead.

Usually you're dead before you've even realised that you're being shot at. At least that was the case for me yesterday.

I was running along, get the briefest red hit detector in the general direction the enemy is in, and before I can drop to prone or turn to shoot back, I'm watching my guy die.

That's not to say I don't like the game though though. I just have to takle it slower and not run into the open so much lol.

Ya that's what I found. You gotta go slower and use your cover. On the map, there's a lot of little things that you can stand behind and get some good cover. Just alternate between cover and try to reach the objective. I had one game where I was 11/6 for K/D and planted 3 bombs. It's all about using your cover.

Also, if you're using the support class, try laying down in front of a public area, take out the gun stand (or whatever it's called), and just lay down some cover fire. Good place is down the tunnel, just laying there and trying to cover your teammates.
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant September 30th 2011, 1:18 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
Mutant wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

Bang, dead.

Ya that's what I found. You gotta go slower and use your cover. On the map, there's a lot of little things that you can stand behind and get some good cover. Just alternate between cover and try to reach the objective. I had one game where I was 11/6 for K/D and planted 3 bombs. It's all about using your cover.

Also, if you're using the support class, try laying down in front of a public area, take out the gun stand (or whatever it's called), and just lay down some cover fire. Good place is down the tunnel, just laying there and trying to cover your teammates.

I've planted 0 bombs and I'm lucky to get 5 kills.

I see myself more as a support guy. Just using my class specific gear to make sure my dudes are fully stocked up on Health and Ammo.

It's ain't just about going in guns blazing and teabagging the MCom whilst you plant the bomb. Gotta have support guys too. And that's me. I've never been good at the slaying aspect of games, that's why I like objective based game.

I'm just so rusty. I haven't played an FPS, let alone BF in MONTHS. I've been lucky to get 600 points a game when in BC2 I could easily get 1200+ - and that's with limited slaying skills.
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray September 30th 2011, 3:22 pm

Mutant wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:
Mutant wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

Bang, dead.

I've planted 0 bombs and I'm lucky to get 5 kills.

I see myself more as a support guy. Just using my class specific gear to make sure my dudes are fully stocked up on Health and Ammo.

It's ain't just about going in guns blazing and teabagging the MCom whilst you plant the bomb. Gotta have support guys too. And that's me. I've never been good at the slaying aspect of games, that's why I like objective based game.

I'm just so rusty. I haven't played an FPS, let alone BF in MONTHS. I've been lucky to get 600 points a game when in BC2 I could easily get 1200+ - and that's with limited slaying skills.

I'd like to be more support but right now I don't have a defibrillator nor a lot of equipment so I find myself hopping on MCOMM's and killing people. If I had a defibrillator, it be really sweet. I'm really close to getting it though. I just had to quit right now because I was like 8/26 in one game and this was with my team camping all over. Everytime I fucking spawned, shot, dead. I hate that
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant September 30th 2011, 4:13 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
I'd like to be more support but right now I don't have a defibrillator nor a lot of equipment so I find myself hopping on MCOMM's and killing people. If I had a defibrillator, it be really sweet. I'm really close to getting it though. I just had to quit right now because I was like 8/26 in one game and this was with my team camping all over. Everytime I fucking spawned, shot, dead. I hate that

I never had the defibs in BC2 come to think of it. I hated playing as a Medic.

You'd have thought it would fit my play style, but no, I found it a pain in the ass to roll as a Medic. It's such a grind to get the defibs, 3rd or 4th unlock and it's not like the Medic can do much outside of dump Health. Least the Assault had a grenade launcher which you could blow shit up with or conceal your movements with the Smoke attachment.

Which reminds me, what the fuck have they done to the classes?

The '+' in BC2 was a Medic, in BF3 its Assault?
The 4 bullet icon was Assault in BC2 but now it's Support?

It confused the fuck out of me for a few rounds. I wondered why a guy with the + kit had an Assault Rifle. I was used to seeing guys with the + kit having an LMG.
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray September 30th 2011, 4:19 pm

Mutant wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

You'd have thought it would fit my play style, but no, I found it a pain in the ass to roll as a Medic. It's such a grind to get the defibs, 3rd or 4th unlock and it's not like the Medic can do much outside of dump Health. Least the Assault had a grenade launcher which you could blow shit up with or conceal your movements with the Smoke attachment.

It confused the fuck out of me for a few rounds. I wondered why a guy with the + kit had an Assault Rifle. I was used to seeing guys with the + kit having an LMG.

Ya the assault class is basically the medics. The support class is the LMG so you can throw down ammo but also you can set up shop somewhere and mow down people using the bipod
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant September 30th 2011, 4:38 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
Mutant wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

Ya the assault class is basically the medics. The support class is the LMG so you can throw down ammo but also you can set up shop somewhere and mow down people using the bipod

It's actually better that way. It means you don't get unlimited nade launcher refills.

One of my tactics in BC2 when Attacking and the other team had "cleverly" blown all the walls out of the MComm stations to make it "easier" to defend was to find some cover and literally hammer the area in smoke, nip in set the bomb and get the fuck out whilst clouds of smoke billowed around.

It usually worked and I was able to do that because I could refill my smoke grenades with my own Ammo box.

Now I can't because the Support class has no grenade launcher Sad. Got to find a new tactic for beating the "blown out walls" MComms.
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 September 30th 2011, 7:03 pm

how long is the beta up for?
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray October 1st 2011, 2:28 am

Mutant wrote:
It's actually better that way. It means you don't get unlimited nade launcher refills.

One of my tactics in BC2 when Attacking and the other team had "cleverly" blown all the walls out of the MComm stations to make it "easier" to defend was to find some cover and literally hammer the area in smoke, nip in set the bomb and get the fuck out whilst clouds of smoke billowed around.

It usually worked and I was able to do that because I could refill my smoke grenades with my own Ammo box.

Now I can't because the Support class has no grenade launcher Sad. Got to find a new tactic for beating the "blown out walls" MComms.

Ya it also means that instead of having Assault guys camping over their ammo supply, they'll have to try and find someone with ammo. Eliminates some camping.

And Balt, I believe it's up till October 10th?
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 October 1st 2011, 3:24 am

Its fun. The server issues are annoying as fuck. EA should have know this shit would have blown up. Its called preparation. And EA didnt do enough of it.

Its a beautiful game with some nasty flaws. But it is a beta. So its not a final product.

but by playing it with what seems like the DUMBEST mammals on this rock we call Earth, I cannot stand Operation Metro. Full blown incompetence is rampant. I got revived, not once but twice in which the reviver died milliseconds before i died a second time. Clear, Cover, Revive. In that order please. Simple military strategy. Not that complicated. lol
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant October 1st 2011, 9:36 am

tubbs51 wrote:Its fun. The server issues are annoying as fuck. EA should have know this shit would have blown up. Its called preparation. And EA didnt do enough of it.

Its a beautiful game with some nasty flaws. But it is a beta. So its not a final product.

but by playing it with what seems like the DUMBEST mammals on this rock we call Earth, I cannot stand Operation Metro. Full blown incompetence is rampant. I got revived, not once but twice in which the reviver died milliseconds before i died a second time. Clear, Cover, Revive. In that order please. Simple military strategy. Not that complicated. lol

Honestly, Battlefield has some of the most moronic players ever.

Worse than COD actually and that's saying a lot.

In BC2 I can count on my hands how many times I was revived and that's with half my team rolling as Medics.

People rarely "spotted".

They ran around like headless chickens when a tank came along

They camped in a bush with an M95 when they were meant to be attacking.

They never distributed Ammo or Health.

They didn't defend and let the enemy team saunter in and set the bomb.

They tried to spawn camp the enemy....when they had 0 flags and were in their spawn base.

I'd rather play Domination on COD than Conquest in BC
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray October 1st 2011, 11:07 am

Mutant wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:Its fun. The server issues are annoying as fuck. EA should have know this shit would have blown up. Its called preparation. And EA didnt do enough of it.

In BC2 I can count on my hands how many times I was revived and that's with half my team rolling as Medics.

People rarely "spotted".

They tried to spawn camp the enemy....when they had 0 flags and were in their spawn base.

It's going to be like this in any shooting game. There's always assholes on that never do shit right. The camping and commando revivers piss me off the most. Some people just run around trying to revive you just for the points. They don't give a shit if there's 5 enemies pointing their guns at your body.
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden October 1st 2011, 1:52 pm

Havent tried it yet, dont know if I'll buy it anyway
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  poshmidget October 1st 2011, 2:32 pm

i am horrible at this game.

poshmidget

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant October 1st 2011, 3:13 pm

poshmidget wrote:i am horrible at this game.

I don't think it's possible to be horrible at a game like BF3 there's just too many ways to get points and help the team.

I suck at the killing aspect. But I'm the sort of guy that the good slayers and planters would love because I support them with ammo and health.
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant October 1st 2011, 3:20 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
Mutant wrote:

People rarely "spotted".

It's going to be like this in any shooting game. There's always assholes on that never do shit right. The camping and commando revivers piss me off the most. Some people just run around trying to revive you just for the points. They don't give a shit if there's 5 enemies pointing their guns at your body.

I can tolerate it in small doses, like one or two doing it.

But when you're entire fucking team is sitting at the SPAWN base with sniper rifles when ATTACKING --- *head explodes*.

Hell, I don't MIND losing as long as people put some effort in.
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  poshmidget October 1st 2011, 7:08 pm

i unlocked the difibulators but i cant figure out how to use them. does anyone know?

poshmidget

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter October 1st 2011, 8:02 pm

poshmidget wrote:i unlocked the difibulators but i cant figure out how to use them. does anyone know?

If I remember right it was right on the D-pad

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray October 2nd 2011, 2:31 am

MaddMatt wrote:
poshmidget wrote:i unlocked the difibulators but i cant figure out how to use them. does anyone know?

If I remember right it was right on the D-pad

It is. And once you take them out, you press the right trigger to use them on someone.
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Back to top Go down

Post  MyDirtyDangles October 2nd 2011, 3:46 am

we all bettter play together when it comes out!

and i have a ? .....how do i flashlight?
MyDirtyDangles
MyDirtyDangles

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum