Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Your Team's Record

+8
SteelersJMB
Pintsizedjark
at23steelers
MaddMatter
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MyDirtyDangles
ccdog23
PhantomReturns93
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Your Team's Record Empty Your Team's Record

Post  PhantomReturns93 April 19th 2011, 8:45 pm

NFL Schedules were just released, predict your team's record here (assuming the season will even happen)

@ Ravens - W
While away at the Ravens is always going to be a tough game, coming off a Super Bowl loss this team is going to be more motivated than ever to prove themselves, and an opening loss to the Ravens is not something they are going to let happen

Seahawks - W
Shouldn't be too hard, although the Hawks are on the rise they aren't on our level yet

@ Colts - L
It'll be close, but playing away in primetime I think Manning will carve up our secondary. Ben will keep it in a shootout but in the end the Colts take this one

@ Texans - W
Again, the Texans are another team on the rise but we should take this one

Titans - W
No problem here unless the Titans get like Mcnabb or Kolb in which case it will be a bit more challenging but I still think we would win

Jaguars - W
Another relatively easy opponent, no offense Jags fans. We cancel out MJD and otherwise there's not much to worry about

@ Cards - W
SB rematch but, again, not worried - they are not the team they were 2 years ago.

Patriots - W
This is a statement game. Nobody expects us to even put up a fight. If this were in Foxboro I might put a different outcome, but at home and (hopefully) with a new, more talented look to our secondary, I think Ben and the defense do just enough here to pull out a rare win against the Patriots

Ravens - L
I don't expect us to sweep the Ravens, and they will catch us off guard basking in they glory of defeating the Pats

@ Bengals - W
Shouldn't really be a challenge

@ Chiefs - W
I think we get a W against the Chiefs here, Charles gets shut down and Bowe can't do it all for their receiving corps

Bengals - W
Again, shouldn't really be a challenge

Browns - W
Brownies are getting better but they're not getting their win at home

@49ers - W
Steelers give the other Harbaugh a serving of what we serve up to his brother on a yearly basis

Rams - W
I'm getting tired of listing W's...no Im not lol

@ Browns - L
While we don't usually rest players, this is an aging team, and already 13-2 Tomlin takes a conservative approach this time around, especially after Troy's achilles lingered into the year. In their own home at the end of the season, this improving Browns team gets a W against a laid-back and tired Steelers

Final record 13-3 - Not trying to be a homer but we have a ridiculously easy schedule and would not be surprised to go 14-2...12-4 or worse with this schedule would actually be extremely disappointing
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Your Team's Record Empty Re: Your Team's Record

Post  ccdog23 April 19th 2011, 8:51 pm

Come on,can you honestly say you would be extremely disappointed with a 12-4 record? Very Happy
ccdog23
ccdog23

Street Cred : 113

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 April 19th 2011, 8:55 pm

ccdog wrote:Come on,can you honestly say you would be extremely disappointed with a 12-4 record? Very Happy

With only 3 "elite" opponents all year, yes lol
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Back to top Go down

Post  MyDirtyDangles April 19th 2011, 9:06 pm

lions: 8-8

just as long as stafford stays healthy!
MyDirtyDangles
MyDirtyDangles

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 April 19th 2011, 9:14 pm

MyDirtyDangles wrote:lions: 8-8

just as long as stafford stays healthy!

If Stafford's healthy I actually see them getting around 10-11 wins, losing to the Packers, Saints, Chargers, Bears, and Falcons
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 19th 2011, 9:47 pm

Week 1 Cowboys...W ...Jets D too ferocious for Romo, also Sanchez and Co. shouldnt have probs moving the ball

Week 2 Jaguars...W ...hard game to predict, Jags always give Jets probs, not today

Week 3 Raiders...W ...last time we paid a visit to The Blackhole we left with a 38-0 win, nothing changes this time around

Week 4 Ravens...W ...Flacco and Co. really lucked out last season with a TON of bogus penaltys that they benefited from, but still only escaped with a 10-9 Victory, this time it wont even be close, Jets in a romp.

Week 5 Patriots...W ...this rivalry goes back and forth, we win at Gillette, they win at the Meadowlands

Week 6 Dolphins ...L...after starting 5-0, the Jets get grounded and suffer first loss of season

Week 7 Chargers ...W ... Rivers is in for some bruising today, stagnant Run game forces Chargers to pass 55 times,and lose

Week 8 BYE WEEK

Week 9 Bills ...W ...Bills play this game alot closer than what is says on paper, but still come up short

Week 10 Patriots...L ... in a back and forth kinda way, the Jets find a way to lose this game and allow the Pats a chance to get back in the race for the AFC EAST

Week 11 Broncos ...W...Jets find a way to pull out another close one, Orton throws game sealing INT to Revis

Week 12 Bills ...W ... Bills now just playing for Draft position again, Jets roll BIG

Week 13 Redskins ...W ...Redskins still unsure of who thier QB is, Jets D too much for a team without an identity

Week 14 Chiefs ...W...Chiefs like to Run,Jets like to stop the Run..Jets by 21

Week 15 Eagles ...L ...Jets are never good at sustaining Win streaks, so they somehow lose this one, but hurt Vick in the process

Week 16 Giants ...W ...Lil Brother is all grown up now, and about to show the G-Men that they are the Kings of NY

Week 17 Dolphins...W ...Jets avenge early season loss by crushing the Fins and rolling on to the Playoffs and a 1st round BYE...

ok, i really wanted to see the Jets go 16-0 but i know its almost impossible and they never hold a serious Win streak alive no matter if they were to play a JV team, but the Jets do post an impressive 13-3 record and its good enough for Home Field advantage thruout the Playoffs...Jets crush Steelers in Title game and go on to face the up and coming Rams....Jets pull out the Super Bowl victory against Bradford and Co. with ease. affraid
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 19th 2011, 9:50 pm

I think the Ravens go either 11-5 or 12-6.

I can't remember our schedule, but I know we play the Steelers x2 and the entire NFC West so I'm guessing we'll split with the Pittsburgh and sweep the rest of our division and sweep the NFC West and lose 3 other games or lose 2 of those games and split with Cincy.

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 19th 2011, 10:42 pm

Detroit Lions

W @ Tampa Bay- We won with our 3rd string QB last season. I expect us to be able to contain Freeman a bit more. Keep that Road Winning Streak Alive!

W VS Kansas City- I was going to say Loss, but then I thought. Weis is out and its the Home Opener.

W @ Minnesota- Vikings are in rebuilding mode in my opinion. Their offense couldn't put up ANY points with Joe Webb and Peterson was held to...(I THINK) 18 yards in the final game.

L @ Dallas- Do we have a chance? Yes, but I'm taking the homer out of me.

W VS Chicago- MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL IN THE D? NO WAY WE LOSE!

W Vs San Fran- I just don't see it, rookie head coach, virtually no QB.

L Vs Atlanta- I think we keep it close, but lose it on a last second FG

W @ Denver- Tim Tebow can't overcome SUHperman!

W @ Chicago- After a Bye week? I'll take a W.

W vs Carolina- Cash Newton meet Suh and Crew!

W Vs Green Bay- Thanksgiving? Schwartz wants a W.

L @ New Orleans- Brees is just a beast.

W @ Vs Minnesota- See above

W @ Oakland- It'll be a game of matchups. Without Nnamdi I'm not sure if they can match up with Megatron.

L Vs-San Diego- I want a W to go out on, but I don't know.

L- @ Green Bay- We don't win at Green Bay.

11-5? I think that earns a playoff spot.

Disclaimer: This is WITH Matthew Stafford.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MyDirtyDangles April 19th 2011, 10:45 pm

MaddMatt wrote:Detroit Lions

Your Team's Record My-body-is-ready
MyDirtyDangles
MyDirtyDangles

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers April 19th 2011, 11:01 pm

@Phantom, good predictions!

My losses: @Baltimore, Colts, Jaguars or Texans, Patriots, @Cleveland

So 11-5. However, losers of SB always do bad following year!! Sad
at23steelers
at23steelers

Street Cred : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 April 19th 2011, 11:03 pm

MyDirtyDangles wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:Detroit Lions

Your Team's Record My-body-is-ready

That picture is creepy as fuuuuuuuu
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 April 19th 2011, 11:32 pm

Cowboys-9-7 if Romo stays healthy

Lions- 9-7 if Stafford stays healthy lol
ccdog23
ccdog23

Street Cred : 113

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark April 20th 2011, 1:13 am

Redskins:

Giants - W
Cardinals - W
@ Cowboys - L
@ Rams - L
Eagles - L
@ Panthers - W
@ Bills - W
49ers - W
@ Dolphins - W
Cowboys - W
@ Seahawks - L
Jets - L
Patriots - L
@ Giants - L
Vikings - W
@ Eagles L

8-8..and that's being generous.

Pintsizedjark

Street Cred : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 20th 2011, 1:45 am

Losses: Pats, Ravens x1, and Texans(These are losses that I could see happening)
Possible: Obviously any team could lose every game but I see as Rams and Colts as teams that could beat us as well(Colts aren't a bad team and are no way associated with the Rams in terms of talent but I dont have them beating us at first glance)
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant April 20th 2011, 10:52 am

at23steelers wrote:@Phantom, good predictions!

My losses: @Baltimore, Colts, Jaguars or Texans, Patriots, @Cleveland

So 11-5. However, losers of SB always do bad following year!! Sad

And @Arizona.

LOL! I'm just kidding. I can't wait fior the flood of XBL messages from you when you win 38-3 lol.
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 April 20th 2011, 10:54 am

49ers

16-0. Fuck all ya'll.

In all seriousness:

1. Seahawks @ Niners: I'll say a W. We split the series usually so whatever.

2. Cowboys @ Niners: Eh on the fence, unlike most I like to actually be realistic so I'll say a L. They have more talent. Depends on chemistry for them.

3. 49ers @ Bengals. I'll say a W. With QB issues, I think our D plays well enough to win a low scoring, sloppy, boring game.

4. 49ers @ Eagles: L. Just all around bad matchup IMO.

5. Bucs @ Niners: This is a close one. They handed it to us last year. I'll say another L but this is a swing game for me.

6. 49ers @ Lions: W. Gore gouges the Lions when we play. Don't see it changing.

7. Bye

8. Browns @ Niners: W. I'll take Willis and Co. against a power-running attack.

9. 49ers @ Redskins: Another swing game for me. These are the games we lose. I'll say another L

10. Giants @ Niners: Depends on Eli. If he is the turnover machine from last year, I'll go with a W. I think it's a close game though.

11. Cards @ Niners: I think we sweep the Cards this year. W.

12. 49ers @ Ravens: Thursday Night Football. Look it up, we don't lose on Thursday for the past few years. By some ridiculous voodoo, I think we pull out an inexplainable W.

13. Rams @ Niners: I think we win the home game and lose the away game. W

14. Niners @ Cards: This will be close, but I stick to my sweep. W

15. Steelers @ Niners: Monday Night Football. Boy, idk. I want to say a W, but I don't think so. Steelers take it. L.

16. Niners @ Seahawks: We split usually, and this is the Seahawks time to win. L

17. Niners @ Rams: Rams have talent. We split this year, and this is the Rams game. L

Niners=9-7. Could easily become 7-9 or 10-6.

I think it depends on the beginning of the year. If we can win those first few or get off to a 3-2 or 4-1 beginning, I think we do really well. But if we suck in the beginning... well we all saw it last year
KWicK78
KWicK78

Street Cred : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant April 20th 2011, 11:04 am

You always sweep the Cards dude.

It's like we forget how to play football when ever we play the Niners. In the two years that I've been an NFL fan we have a 0-4 record against you.

Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 April 20th 2011, 11:06 am

MUTANT! wrote:You always sweep the Cards dude.

It's like we forget how to play football when ever we play the Niners. In the two years that I've been an NFL fan we have a 0-4 record against you.

4 things guaranteed in life: Death, Taxes, Peyton throwing for 4,000 yards, and the Niners sweeping the Cards lol
KWicK78
KWicK78

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 April 20th 2011, 5:01 pm

WK 1 - Steelers -(W) After losing to them in the playoffs AGAIN, I see that as extra motivation to hopefully get over the hump
WK 2 - Titans - (W) A looming QB problem
WK 3 - Rams - (W) I see this as a tough game, if Bradford is better this season
WK 4 - Jets - (W/L) A very tough win, but then I could see it both ways. Personally I think if we can beat them at their place, I think we can beat them at ours
WK 5 - BYE
WK 6 - Texans - (W)
WK 7 - Jaguars - (W)
WK 8 - Cardinals - (W)
WK 9 - Steelers - (L) I'll give the steelers the win here, we always seem to split our games
WK 10 - Seahawks - (W)
WK 11 - Bengals - (W) Another looming QB problem, and with Terrell Owens gone, an 85 aging, I dont see thier WR corps being amazing
WK 12 - 49ers - (W) I think John wants to prove some stuff here
WK 13 - Browns - (W)
WK 14 - Colts - (L) #18 always seems to have our number
WK 15 - Chargers - (W) Another tough win
WK 16 - Browns - (W)
WK 17 - Bengals - (W)

Record 14-2/13-3
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 April 22nd 2011, 6:47 am

@Niners: L - A vicious beginning. The Seahawks lose by 6.

@Steelers: L - I. Fucking. Hate. The. Guys. In. Charge. Of. Scheduling.

vs Cards: W - First home game, even if the Cards select a QB (Gabbert, Locker, Mallet, Newton) i dont think they'll do too much.

vs Falcons: L - Fourth week into a Very rough first bit. I unfortunatly think Roddy White rips us a new one.

@ Giants: L - One of the two early East coast games for Seattle. No western team is any good in that timeslot Mad

BYE

@ Browns: W - I think this ones gonna be a knock out drag fest. Holmgren meets his old team for the first time with a low scoring game.

vs Bungles: W - Who knows if Carsen is bluffing or not but i dont like the Bengals offense at all. they have two old WRs (who were good in their primes) and a decent RB behind a decent O line. With Carsen they'll fail unfortunately.

@ Cowboys: L - A 10 am EST game... I honestly think Seattle could win this one but the earlier times tends to throw them off severely.

vs Ravens: W - Yes i know thats a double U. I think Pete will pump the Seahawks up to a level to where they upset the Ravens. Not by much. And please dont flame me for this one for fucks sake.

@Rams: W - I dont think the Rams get their desired #1 WR. Sjax isnt getting younger either and i think by now he'll be suffering some nagging back issues and other RB common stuff.

vs Redskins: W - The Redskins are not a team at all. they were average at best last year and it'll be another sad year for DC's football fans.

vs Eagles: L - Second part of a three home game stretch i think Vick and Company will be way too much and seattle'll be embarrassed on national TV...

vs Rams: W - Coming off the horrid loss to Philly Pete rallies the team and the Seahawks play lights out on ESPN MNF in a game just last year decided the NFCW title.

@ Bears: L - Yes we face the bears AGAIN Razz i think we succumb to the Midway guys and lose by double digits. Sad

vs Niners: W - I cant remember the last time Seattle and San Fran swept the other. Same thing this year. Seattle over powers San Fran and Seattle wins by 7.

@ Cards: W - Same as the other Cards game.

9-7 and an NFC West title albeit barely again
tubbs51
tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 April 22nd 2011, 9:29 am

Well tubbs, due to the lack of Rams fans on the board, it seems that we will be duking it out all season for the first team to 9 wins lol
KWicK78
KWicK78

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 22nd 2011, 12:39 pm

I love that we play the Hawks in week 2 Very Happy
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 22nd 2011, 1:01 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:I love that we play the Hawks in week 2 Very Happy

FUCK YOU!

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 22nd 2011, 2:00 pm

maybe to fuck over the Hawks even more, the Steelers could try and get those guys that Reffed the Superbowl for this game Suspect
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 April 22nd 2011, 3:23 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

maybe to fuck over the Hawks even more, the Steelers could try and get those guys that Reffed the Superbowl for this game Suspect

*Kelso burn*
KWicK78
KWicK78

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next