Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

J. Palmer steps up for Bengals

+2
HurpDurpHurray
SteelersJMB
6 posters

Go down

J. Palmer steps up for Bengals Empty J. Palmer steps up for Bengals

Post  SteelersJMB April 20th 2011, 11:48 am

Read Discuss Friend(s) Email Your Email Send Email By Associated Press More Columns > CINCINNATI -- Quarterback Jordan Palmer is gathering Bengals offensive players for offseason workouts in California, assuming his brother's role as the team leader.

Palmer told The Associated Press in a telephone interview Tuesday that he'll host most of the Bengals' receivers, tight ends and running backs next week. They'll work out at Palmer's high school in Mission Viejo.
d
ยป Mock Draft Central: All the picks "I've got them staying in a hotel, got a trainer and everything set up for them," Palmer said. "It should be good and take some steps in the right direction. It's my first thing, really, as a leader. I want to be the guy, so I'm just trying to do those things."

Palmer is the backup to brother Carson Palmer, who has threatened to retire if he's not traded. Bengals owner Mike Brown has refused the trade request, leaving the sides at an impasse while the NFL and players try to reach a new collective bargaining agreement during the league-imposed lockout.

Jordan Palmer was promoted to No. 2 quarterback last season. He hasn't had any conversations with the Bengals about his future if Carson Palmer leaves.

"I'm going to prepare like I'm the starter until somebody tells me I'm not," Jordan Palmer said. "If you're the backup and the starter gets hurt or is traded or retires, you're next in line. That's the natural progression."

The Bengals could take a quarterback in the draft next week, which would change the dynamic at the position. Currently, they have the two Palmers and Dan LeFevour, a former Central Michigan quarterback claimed off waivers from the Chicago Bears last year.

"A lot could change with my situation next week," Jordan Palmer said.

The Bengals fired offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowski after their 4-12 season, replacing him with Jay Gruden. The impasse over a collective bargaining agreement prevents Gruden from coaching the players, so Jordan Palmer and his teammates will work on what little they know of the new scheme.

"We're going to throw and talk about the new offense a little bit, the little we've got -- concepts and stuff," Palmer said. "It should be good."

Terrell Owens and Chad Ochocinco were the Bengals' top receivers last season. Owens is a free agent who won't be back. Ochocinco has one year left on his deal but could be released. Neither will be at the workouts next week.

"I think everybody's kind of assuming they're not going to be back," Jordan Palmer said
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

J. Palmer steps up for Bengals Empty Re: J. Palmer steps up for Bengals

Post  HurpDurpHurray April 20th 2011, 2:38 pm

Good for him. At least he has the leadership quality down.
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 April 20th 2011, 3:40 pm

Nooooooo, wait til' after the draft so your QB needy team and grab a QB and let Patrick peterson fall to us.
Nef77
Nef77

Street Cred : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant April 20th 2011, 4:34 pm

Nef77 wrote:Nooooooo, wait til' after the draft so your QB needy team and grab a QB and let Patrick peterson fall to us.

They'd be stupid to draft any of this years QB class with the high pick that they have.

My Cardinals need a QB as well but the front office would have to be fucking insane to draft Gabbert or Newton with the 5th overall pick especially when we have bigger holes to fill.
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 April 20th 2011, 4:44 pm

MUTANT! wrote:
Nef77 wrote:Nooooooo, wait til' after the draft so your QB needy team and grab a QB and let Patrick peterson fall to us.

They'd be stupid to draft any of this years QB class with the high pick that they have.

My Cardinals need a QB as well but the front office would have to be fucking insane to draft Gabbert or Newton with the 5th overall pick especially when we have bigger holes to fill.

wise words
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 April 20th 2011, 4:47 pm

MUTANT! wrote:

better brace yourself then Laughing
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 21st 2011, 12:25 am

Cards and Bengals could probably have a decent season by just sticking with the QBs that they have right now, adress some defensive needs and wait for your next franchise QB in next year's draft.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum