Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Full 2011 Schedule with a Lockout?

4 posters

Go down

Full 2011 Schedule with a Lockout?  Empty Full 2011 Schedule with a Lockout?

Post  MaddMatter April 21st 2011, 7:42 pm

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/21/nfl-schedule-leaves-room-to-make-up-for-losing-first-three-weeks/

FUCKING STUPID!

Ok so there will be 20 straight weeks of football? What? That means there would be no byes in the middle of the season, thus resulting in more injuries, no bye week before the Super Bowl. I mean what the fuck. Are we going to have UFL players playing in the Super Bowl because the whole starting roster is on IR? FUCKING HORRIBLE! Stupid idea and it doesn't help anyone BUT the owners. I mean "hey guys were going to not start the season on time so you guys can lose more money and cave into our (owners) demands, but then were going to have 20 straight weeks of football with no byes so we can still earn our full season profit."

FUCKING RI-DONK-U-LOUS

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Full 2011 Schedule with a Lockout?  Empty Re: Full 2011 Schedule with a Lockout?

Post  JermikesHere April 21st 2011, 7:59 pm

you know this is just a backup plan in case the lockout stretches into September, right? More than likely, they will have it settled before then and everything will be normal. At least they have some kind of plan just in case it does go that far. Would you rather there be no football?
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Full 2011 Schedule with a Lockout?  Empty Re: Full 2011 Schedule with a Lockout?

Post  SteelersJMB April 21st 2011, 8:01 pm

I'd rather they take a year off then do that to the players.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 April 21st 2011, 8:16 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:I'd rather they take a year off then do that to the players.

No. It's part of the job. In most of America, if time at a job is lost for whatever reason, it has to be made up. Period. It's still a job. And I'm getting tired of Americans wanting "fair treatment" for professional athletes who are so overcompensated compared to the work that they do.

They are playing a fucking game. And many are paid more in a year than we will see in our life-time. They can suck it up and tough it out. "Turf Toe" doesn't stop construction workers from building their mansions. Time to get with the program.

Nothing personal, yours was just the comment that invoked my response.

edit: construction workers might be a bad example due to the numerous reasons that they don't work. But you get the idea. Hard working people all over the country don't get this sympathy from their peers, the same peers that are crying that professional athletes are being treated unfairly.
KWicK78
KWicK78

Street Cred : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere April 21st 2011, 11:05 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:I'd rather they take a year off then do that to the players.

lol what are you insane? By making them not have ONE bye week? So because of that you'd rather them cancel the season than start the year one week late? There is not a chance you really believe that..

Awww poor players.. how are they ever going to survive not having that one week off. Maybe they'll make up for it by having the best doctors, best treatment, best travel, best accomodations, millions of dollars, etc. Come on dude.. you know as well as I do that if they canceled the season you'd be pissed off and hate it. There's no chance you'd be saying things like "Well at least now the safety of the players won't be put into question. Thankful for that!" You'd be saying get their asses on the field like everyone else is saying.
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down