Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Giants @ 49ers

5 posters

Go down

Giants @ 49ers Empty Giants @ 49ers

Post  KWicK78 November 13th 2011, 9:10 pm

The Niners won 27-20. We are the second best team in the NFL (in my homer state of mind I think we give the Pack a run for their money), and no one is talking about us. 7 game streak, best D in the NFL, and a weak remaining schedule. We should get the division in the next 3 weeks *fingers crossed*
KWicK78
KWicK78

Street Cred : 21

Back to top Go down

Giants @ 49ers Empty Re: Giants @ 49ers

Post  MaddMatter November 13th 2011, 9:15 pm

No you should get the division NEXT week lmao. I dont know about the Packers though, I think you guys are more built to stop the run, I don't know how ya'll would be going up against 5 wide sets all the time, but you got a damn good team I'll tell ya that.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 November 13th 2011, 9:20 pm

MaddMatt wrote:No you should get the division NEXT week lmao. I dont know about the Packers though, I think you guys are more built to stop the run, I don't know how ya'll would be going up against 5 wide sets all the time, but you got a damn good team I'll tell ya that.

The only reason I think we match up ok is because the Pack cannot stop the run. They can't. It's well documented all year long. If we can go on 6,7,8 minute drives and run the ball down their throats, we will wear down that D and keep Rodgers and Co. off the field.

Plus we are the best D in the redzone. We don't give up TDs. That being said, we don't have a single quality cover corner on our team. The 5 wide will give us sets.

Fortunately or unfortunately, the game may come down to Smith being able to make plays at the end of the game. He hasn't had to this year, but in the past he has made plays on several occasions (think Houston at the end of the 1st half 2 years ago (that's for Nef since no one else will know what I'm talking about)).

Idk. I think we match up ok if we can limit their time on the field. It's not gonna be any sort of cake walk though.

Also, we have the wild card: Jim Harbaugh. He can coach circles around McCarthy, I fully believe that.
KWicK78
KWicK78

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter November 13th 2011, 9:42 pm

Well, you won't have to play the Pack unless both of you go to the NFC Championship game, so you don't have to worry too much. Hell the way its looking, it could be a game against New Orleans.

Don't know if that makes it any better.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 November 14th 2011, 2:17 am

Eli almost had another comback victory. His 4th pass was batted down but Eli basically coming out of no where to be like THE guy in the NFL.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 November 14th 2011, 10:46 am

KWicK78 wrote:
Fortunately or unfortunately, the game may come down to Smith being able to make plays at the end of the game. He hasn't had to this year, but in the past he has made plays on several occasions (think Houston at the end of the 1st half 2 years ago (that's for Nef since no one else will know what I'm talking about)).

WTF that's been 2 years already? Yeah I remember those 3 VD TD's. I really think Smith will make the plays though because of the plays that Roman is calling. The guy is a play calling guru. My only problem would be our CB. We were getting blown up by the Giants all game but Eli couldn't make all the throws. Rodgers however can and unless we can get better non-scheme oriented pressure he'll beat us up. He still remembers the 2005 draft even though he should be grateful we didn't pick him and mess him up.

I feel like a football fortune teller though.
- When someone on the Madden forums was saying that Stafford was a top 5 QB and I said no because Calvin Johnson bails him out in most of his highlights.
- Saying Kolb won't do much to be afraid of and was only good because he was in Reid's QB friendly system.
- Anytime I go at it with SNA (although that's probably like anyteam saying "We feel like a Super Bowl favorite because we be the Peytonless Indianapolis Colts)
Nef77
Nef77

Street Cred : 10

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 November 14th 2011, 12:37 pm

I hear ya on the CB thing man. Rogers is a more polished Clements tbh. OK in coverage but makes plays with turnovers from time to time. Culliver needs to do some learning FAST. He didn't even try to make a play on the Manningham TD. It's scary what happens when we blitz and get picked up...
KWicK78
KWicK78

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 November 14th 2011, 6:16 pm

KWicK78 wrote:I hear ya on the CB thing man. Rogers is a more polished Clements tbh. OK in coverage but makes plays with turnovers from time to time. Culliver needs to do some learning FAST. He didn't even try to make a play on the Manningham TD. It's scary what happens when we blitz and get picked up...
Yeah. I think Culliver will turn out to be pretty good in the future but the guy isn't set yet. Rogers is the only one I'm comfortable with. Brock, Spencer, and Brown could all be replaced by one pick in the draft. Man could you imagine if that dumb ass Nnamdi came over to San Fran instead? We don't play that much zone which means he won't get exploited. He and Rogers would've solidified probably the best defense in the NFL.
Nef77
Nef77

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 November 14th 2011, 6:23 pm

Nef77 wrote:
KWicK78 wrote:I hear ya on the CB thing man. Rogers is a more polished Clements tbh. OK in coverage but makes plays with turnovers from time to time. Culliver needs to do some learning FAST. He didn't even try to make a play on the Manningham TD. It's scary what happens when we blitz and get picked up...
Yeah. I think Culliver will turn out to be pretty good in the future but the guy isn't set yet. Rogers is the only one I'm comfortable with. Brock, Spencer, and Brown could all be replaced by one pick in the draft. Man could you imagine if that dumb ass Nnamdi came over to San Fran instead? We don't play that much zone which means he won't get exploited. He and Rogers would've solidified probably the best defense in the NFL.

Imagine if we'd picked up Atogwe...
KWicK78
KWicK78

Back to top Go down

Post  Nef77 November 14th 2011, 8:33 pm

KWicK78 wrote:
Nef77 wrote:

Man I can't believe Sing didn't get him since OJ's dating his daughter. I know it's wrong but if anyone could twist the arm of a quality NFL player, it would be Samurai Mike.
Nef77
Nef77

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 November 14th 2011, 9:26 pm

Nef77 wrote:
KWicK78 wrote:
Nef77 wrote:

Man I can't believe Sing didn't get him since OJ's dating his daughter. I know it's wrong but if anyone could twist the arm of a quality NFL player, it would be Samurai Mike.

Especially with that kind of leverage haha. In all seriousness, move Goldie to SS and keep Atogwe at FS. Would have been nice. Whitner is ok, but I like the coverage skills of Atogwe better. We don't need a boost to our front 7.

Oh well. Hindsight is 20/20. Our D is downright nasty. Hopefully we can stiffen up against a well rounded passing attack like the Saints, Pack, or Pats
KWicK78
KWicK78

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant November 15th 2011, 11:20 am

Nef77 wrote:
- Saying Kolb won't do much to be afraid of and was only good because he was in Reid's QB friendly system.

And our system ain't QB friendly? Whisenhunt re-made Kurt Warner after he had a load of poor seasons. Plus, we got Fitz who could catch a kitchen sink one handed.

Although...although most Cardinals "fans" want Skelton to start. All Skelton's wins have come against below .500 teams and all bar the Broncos last year, were closer than they should have been.

Last time Skelton started against the Niners we lost like 33-7 and the Niners are MUCH better this year.

I'd stick with Kolb personally, I know he might not be a threat to you but he's at least experienced in playing the better teams who are leading the division and are not sub-.500 bottom feeders.
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum