Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Showdown in Motown

+3
HurpDurpHurray
Mutant
MaddMatter
7 posters

Go down

Showdown in Motown  Empty Showdown in Motown

Post  MaddMatter November 20th 2011, 7:07 pm

Green Bay @ Detroit

Gonna be a great game.

So pumped up for this one.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Showdown in Motown  Empty Re: Showdown in Motown

Post  MaddMatter November 23rd 2011, 11:17 pm

SOOO FUCKING PUMPED FOR THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant November 24th 2011, 6:27 am

Kick-off is at 6pm here. I'll be watching.

Finally, the Lions look like they might win this and not get blown-out 38-14 like in past years (at least they did in the last two games I've seen as an NFL fan).
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray November 24th 2011, 1:51 pm

Oh god, Stafford is wearing gloves. This means that he'll throw 5 INT's at least
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray November 24th 2011, 3:39 pm

Ya Suh is a little bitch. He needs to be more mature on the field.
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant November 24th 2011, 4:55 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:Oh god, Stafford is wearing gloves. This means that he'll throw 5 INT's at least

Close, he had 3.

Too many penalties as well. Lions had about 5, then I lost count.

And Suh needs his head seeing to. I can see why people think he's dirty when he does shit like that. What was he thinking?

Rodgers was at his clinical best as usual.
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy November 25th 2011, 12:10 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:Ya Suh is a little bitch. He needs to be more mature on the field.
Seriously, WTF was he thinking? Well, its obvious he sint thinking about any1 other than his self absorbed self out there.

I hope he gets 3-4 weeks off to think about it.

The guy doesnt care about the saftey or well being of any1 else out there. Nor does he care that his penalties/ejection killing his team.

At what point does the coach have to step in and straighten his head out? If he cant control himself he will find his ass sitting for a year like PacMan did.

hes the dirtiest player in teh NFL, head and shoulders above any1 else. Its not cause he hurts people, its not cause hes ruff, its cause he takes cheap shots to a whole new level..

He made his bed now he has to lie in it.

and LOL at him blatently lying in post game interviews that he lost his balance or whatever. what an asshole.
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 November 25th 2011, 3:50 pm

dude, i like suh being dirty. who cares about the health and well being of anyone else. its fucking football
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant November 25th 2011, 4:20 pm

Look at the replay.

52 seconds in,,,look at Suh's legs. Bent back really far with a 300lb Lineman pushing down on him. Could have caused serious injury.

Now I dare anyone to tell me if they had been Suh, they would not have reacted the same way - almost having their knees blown out. He was pissed and lashed out. It's called being human.

Also, funny how everyone is suddenly hating Suh because if this moment of madness yet there's a guy on the Seahawks roster who seems to get fined every fucking week because of an illegal hit he made the previous game.
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  RSoxGuy November 25th 2011, 5:59 pm

I get it, its football. So we should just allow players to kick each other while they are down? Ok. I had this same debate with some assclown on the EA forums. I dont like him not because hes dirty but because he has no respect for any1 on the field. This isnt MMA. Your not allowed to kick other players while they are on teh ground. I supopose what Haynesworth did to Gurode is ok? Whats teh difference? they both kicked a guy on the ground and showed absolutely zero respect for any1 else on teh field.

I didnt think the "forcing his head into the ground" was all that big a deal. he was obviously pissed about something that happened or something that was said. Thats just a frustrated football player and it happens. he wasnt lifting the guy up and smashing his head into teh ground. He was just trying to get his point across.15 yd penalty for it? Ok. I can see that. It was the kick that was over the edge. This, coupled with his long list of fines for only being here for 2 years shows a pattern that cant be ignored.

Is he intense? Yep.
Is he an awsome DT when he is on the field? Without doubt.
Does he do stuff like fund a local high school's football program? Yes and I applaud that.
Is his team stronger/better when he plays? Of course.
Is he a good guy off the field? From what Ive heard hes a great guy.

If I was his coach or teammate, Id remind him that its not just his wallet that gets hurt with this crap but hes hurting the team. When a player of his caliber is taken off the field (injuries, suspension, ejection) it hurts everyone on that team.

Lets not lose focus on the fact the guy stomped another player who was lying on his back. Thats BS and it doesnt matter who did it or what year this is, it was a shitty move.

The guy needs to learn how to keep his cool or his tenure in the NFL will be a short one.
RSoxGuy
RSoxGuy

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 November 25th 2011, 8:02 pm

Mutant wrote:Look at the replay.

52 seconds in,,,look at Suh's legs. Bent back really far with a 300lb Lineman pushing down on him. Could have caused serious injury.

Now I dare anyone to tell me if they had been Suh, they would not have reacted the same way - almost having their knees blown out. He was pissed and lashed out. It's called being human.
Also, funny how everyone is suddenly hating Suh because if this moment of madness yet there's a guy on the Seahawks roster who seems to get fined every fucking week because of an illegal hit he made the previous game.

Theres lashing out, and then theres acting responsibly and professionally. In my opinion, Suh should have thought about the consequences of his intended actions, and should have known that it would have hurt his team by giving them a penalty, and most likely have him ejected. Has he not learned what happens? He should know by now that if he does something stupid and irresponisble on the field, that the refs will see it and penalize their team or the player. If I was swartz, I would be laying into him right now, and telling him to knock it off.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 November 26th 2011, 12:32 am

The Seahawk you're talking about is Kam Chancellor. only two of his hits have been fined this year. The hit on Todd Heap was legal. Refs just err on the side of victim of the hit rather than actually analyzing the hit.

I like Suh. Sure he's dirty but he's intense. and there arent many players that are as intense as he is. Its football for fuck sake, not ballet.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 November 26th 2011, 9:01 am

tubbs51 wrote:

The Seahawk you're talking about is Kam Chancellor. only two of his hits have been fined this year. The hit on Todd Heap was legal. Refs just err on the side of victim of the hit rather than actually analyzing the hit.

I like Suh. Sure he's dirty but he's intense. and there arent many players that are as intense as he is. Its football for fuck sake, not ballet.

But the thing is, you can be intense and cause big hits without being dirty......
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant November 26th 2011, 10:24 am

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

Theres lashing out, and then theres acting responsibly and professionally. In my opinion, Suh should have thought about the consequences of his intended actions, and should have known that it would have hurt his team by giving them a penalty, and most likely have him ejected. Has he not learned what happens? He should know by now that if he does something stupid and irresponisble on the field, that the refs will see it and penalize their team or the player. If I was swartz, I would be laying into him right now, and telling him to knock it off.

Oh I agree. The point I was trying to make was that it looked like he lost it because he might have feared getting injured. People are focusing on the events after the play, the stomp and that.

It's human nature to lash out. It doesn't matter if you're an Average Joe or a professional sports star. Sometimes you just flip and lose it which is what I think Suh did. You can't just trun off those instincts.

That doesn't mean to say when he did was right.

@ Tubbs - That's him. And of course you'd say it was a legal hit, it was against a Cardinals player Laughing. Not saying he's dirty. Just an example of how everyone kind of misses the big picture and only focusses on guys like Suh and Harrison. What happened to Cortland Finnegan? I remember he wanted to be the dirtiest player in the league. Is he still considered dirty?
Mutant
Mutant

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 November 26th 2011, 8:57 pm

Mutant wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

Oh I agree. The point I was trying to make was that it looked like he lost it because he might have feared getting injured. People are focusing on the events after the play, the stomp and that.

It's human nature to lash out. It doesn't matter if you're an Average Joe or a professional sports star. Sometimes you just flip and lose it which is what I think Suh did. You can't just trun off those instincts.

That doesn't mean to say when he did was right.

@ Tubbs - That's him. And of course you'd say it was a legal hit, it was against a Cardinals player Laughing. Not saying he's dirty. Just an example of how everyone kind of misses the big picture and only focusses on guys like Suh and Harrison. What happened to Cortland Finnegan? I remember he wanted to be the dirtiest player in the league. Is he still considered dirty?

yep. He antagonized Andre Johnson into ripping Finnegan's helmet off and punching him in the side of the head lol...

Finnegan tends to run his mouth in order to start fights...

And Kam's hit on Heap was legal. No fine from the suits means legal play that the Zebras thought wasnt.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter November 27th 2011, 3:09 pm

Mother fucker.

I wanted to hit someone after this game, I was pissed off the whole damn day after that. I didn't even know Suh got ejected until I listened to the radio on my way home.

I mean how does your defense play so well in the first half and do jack shit the second half? I get it we lost like 5 starters, but still man.

You guys probably had a better view than me, but those 2 pass interference penalties on the Lions, were they legit? Because they looked like complete BS to me.
Along with the 1 play TD drive that Rodgers had. From my seat there was CLEARLY holding and hands to the face penalty that wasn't called. But maybe you guys saw it better than me.

As for Suh, when I actually saw what happened when I got home, I got pissed. You can't be fucking kicking people I don't give a fuck what they did, beat them up during the whistle. The penalty alone took any chance we had a comeback and threw it away. Which really pissed me off.

I think he gets suspended 2 games.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 November 27th 2011, 5:59 pm

again why are people making a big deal about suh stomping on a guys arm. haynesworth took a dudes helmet off and stepped of a guys face. suh just step on an arm which was grabbing his leg.

i have done way worse shit. i ball tapped guys who helped me up off the ground, ive dove into piles after the whistle, ive poked guys in the eyes, ive pinched guys, spit in peoples facemasks.

just because this was on tv, and people who know nothing about football saw it, doesnt mean he should be suspended. fuck it. suh should get suspended for doing anything but that.

dont be a pussy.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter November 27th 2011, 6:02 pm

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:again why are people making a big deal about suh stomping on a guys arm. haynesworth took a dudes helmet off and stepped of a guys face. suh just step on an arm which was grabbing his leg.

i have done way worse shit. i ball tapped guys who helped me up off the ground, ive dove into piles after the whistle, ive poked guys in the eyes, ive pinched guys, spit in peoples facemasks.

just because this was on tv, and people who know nothing about football saw it, doesnt mean he should be suspended. fuck it. suh should get suspended for doing anything but that.

dont be a pussy.

I'm more pissed at the fact that it gave them a 1st down and they scored a TD 2 plays later essentially putting the game out of reach at 14-0. 10-0 would have been easier to come back from than 14-0.

Hell did anyone see what Ditka said? "I got stepped on and I stepped on people."

Epic it's what I've been telling people for the past 2 weeks.
Pussification of America.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 November 27th 2011, 6:04 pm

MaddMatt wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:again why are people making a big deal about suh stomping on a guys arm. haynesworth took a dudes helmet off and stepped of a guys face. suh just step on an arm which was grabbing his leg.

dont be a pussy.

I'm more pissed at the fact that it gave them a 1st down and they scored a TD 2 plays later essentially putting the game out of reach at 14-0. 10-0 would have been easier to come back from than 14-0.

Hell did anyone see what Ditka said? "I got stepped on and I stepped on people."

Epic it's what I've been telling people for the past 2 weeks.
Pussification of America.

ditka is funny. if everyone either played real football on a real team or just joined the military, no one would bitch about this. its like casual fans complaining about fighting in hockey. shut the fuck up. would you rather two men fight or have a war or riot like europe? if you dont release that anger one way it comes out somewhere else.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down