Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

The 5 Heisman Finalists.

+3
MaddMatter
EPICxPENGUIN69
S
7 posters

Go down

The 5 Heisman Finalists. Empty The 5 Heisman Finalists.

Post  S December 5th 2011, 7:43 pm

Robert Griffin III
Andrew Luck
Trent Richardson
Montee Ball
Tyrann Mathieu The honey Badger.

Anyone you guys think got left out? Looks pretty spot on too me.
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

The 5 Heisman Finalists. Empty Re: The 5 Heisman Finalists.

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 December 5th 2011, 7:47 pm

its a good list. monte ball is just ringing up TDs, RG3 is just dropping dimes all over the field, Tyrone is just all over the field, trent richardson is just running kids over.....

...andrew luck shouldnt be on the list. he underachieved in my opinion this year and threw too many key interceptions in both the USC and Oregon games (i know they beat USC)
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  S December 5th 2011, 8:03 pm

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:its a good list. monte ball is just ringing up TDs, RG3 is just dropping dimes all over the field, Tyrone is just all over the field, trent richardson is just running kids over.....

...andrew luck shouldnt be on the list. he underachieved in my opinion this year and threw too many key interceptions in both the USC and Oregon games (i know they beat USC)

Agreed, but theres no other player that stands out besides Luck. LaMichael James maybe. But I think its because of Luck's for seen future he is in there.
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 December 5th 2011, 8:04 pm

S-UNIT302 wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:its a good list. monte ball is just ringing up TDs, RG3 is just dropping dimes all over the field, Tyrone is just all over the field, trent richardson is just running kids over.....

Agreed, but theres no other player that stands out besides Luck. LaMichael James maybe. But I think its because of Luck's for seen future he is in there.

you shouldnt win the heismen because you are the perceived 1st overall pick, you should win it for college exploits not future pro career.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  S December 5th 2011, 9:14 pm

EPICxPLATYPUS69 wrote:
S-UNIT302 wrote:

you shouldnt win the heismen because you are the perceived 1st overall pick, you should win it for college exploits not future pro career.
Exactly but no one else really stands out outside these 5.
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter December 5th 2011, 9:37 pm

What no Brandon Weeden? Or Justin Blackmon?

Honestly it will probably go to either Luck or Ball just because Luck is a QB and a house hold name and Ball has 38 TD's.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Browns December 5th 2011, 9:39 pm

I want RGIII to win it but itll pry go to TRich
Browns
Browns

Street Cred : 41

Back to top Go down

Post  S December 5th 2011, 10:58 pm

I wanna see Mathieu or RG3 win it. It will most likely go to Luck unfortuantly..
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 December 5th 2011, 10:58 pm

S-UNIT302 wrote:I wanna see Mathieu or RG3 win it. It will most likely go to Luck unfortuantly..

luck didnt do shit this year
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MyDirtyDangles December 6th 2011, 2:34 pm

RG3
MyDirtyDangles
MyDirtyDangles

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 December 6th 2011, 3:50 pm

Honey Badger if I had a vote. Although he was suspended earlier for off the field stuff which holds me back a little. If not him then Ball
KWicK78
KWicK78

Street Cred : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  neon deion12 December 7th 2011, 4:31 pm

I really dont see how Ball isn't talked about more im not a wisconsin fan either. The man has had a great season 38 total td's I think one shy of barry sanders record, 32 rushing td's and he is the leading rusher in the nation with 1,759 yards plus 6.4 avg yards per carry isn't bad. He has had atleast 2 td's in all 13 games this year and 8 games with 3td's or more. I mean wisconsin has lost 2 games this year by a total of 10 points and one was the luckiest td's ever. Andrew luck is a great player but he's 5th in td passes and has 9 ints plus 24th in passing yards and didnt play good in a big game against the ducks. The Honey Badger is a great player and a playmaker but I think lsu would be fine without him and they showed that against auburn heck his backup had a pick 6 and played great when he took his place.Trent Richardson is another great player but's he's 6th in rushing yards has 6.0 avg yards per carry he's also 5th in rushing td's with 20 he did have 89 tough yards against lsu but no td's.RG3 has had a great year but he didnt play well against oklahoma state and they got blown out 49 to 3 untill they scored 21 points in the 4th to make it closer but still lost 59-24.I think RG3 or Ball should win in my opinion and I admit Ball hasnt had that heisman moment like some of the other players but he's probably been the most constant out of all of them. Sorry for my rant haha

neon deion12

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 December 7th 2011, 5:02 pm

neon deion12 wrote:I really dont see how Ball isn't talked about more im not a wisconsin fan either. The man has had a great season 38 total td's I think one shy of barry sanders record, 32 rushing td's and he is the leading rusher in the nation with 1,759 yards plus 6.4 avg yards per carry isn't bad. He has had atleast 2 td's in all 13 games this year and 8 games with 3td's or more. I mean wisconsin has lost 2 games this year by a total of 10 points and one was the luckiest td's ever. Andrew luck is a great player but he's 5th in td passes and has 9 ints plus 24th in passing yards and didnt play good in a big game against the ducks. The Honey Badger is a great player and a playmaker but I think lsu would be fine without him and they showed that against auburn heck his backup had a pick 6 and played great when he took his place.Trent Richardson is another great player but's he's 6th in rushing yards has 6.0 avg yards per carry he's also 5th in rushing td's with 20 he did have 89 tough yards against lsu but no td's.RG3 has had a great year but he didnt play well against oklahoma state and they got blown out 49 to 3 untill they scored 21 points in the 4th to make it closer but still lost 59-24.I think RG3 or Ball should win in my opinion and I admit Ball hasnt had that heisman moment like some of the other players but he's probably been the most constant out of all of them. Sorry for my rant haha

i think since ron dayne, sonsin backs lost a bit of respect
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter December 7th 2011, 6:19 pm

The thing I have against Ball is, who the fuck did he play?

UNLV
Oregon State
Northern Illinois
South Dakota

One of the weakest out of conference schedules I've seen.

Then in the B1G
Indiana
Ohio State
Purdue
Minnesota
Illinois
Penn State

I would argue that outside of Michigan State and MAYBE Nebraska, they didn't really play anyone that was "that tough." Let's face it Penn State WAY overachieved this year, Ohio State sucked, Indiana is never a true threat.
The B1G was really down this year, in my opinion. But just looking at his schedule, he didn't play too many tough opponents.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 December 7th 2011, 6:46 pm

MaddMatt wrote:The thing I have against Ball is, who the fuck did he play?

UNLV
Oregon State
Northern Illinois
South Dakota

One of the weakest out of conference schedules I've seen.

Then in the B1G
Indiana
Ohio State
Purdue
Minnesota
Illinois
Penn State

I would argue that outside of Michigan State and MAYBE Nebraska, they didn't really play anyone that was "that tough." Let's face it Penn State WAY overachieved this year, Ohio State sucked, Indiana is never a true threat.
The B1G was really down this year, in my opinion. But just looking at his schedule, he didn't play too many tough opponents.

That's fine though. He owned a weaker competition like a Heisman winner should. It's not like he only had 15 td's against this crowd. He is going to set the record. He is playing weak competition sure, but he's dominating the way I want a Heisman winner to do against this kind of schedule.
KWicK78
KWicK78

Street Cred : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  neon deion12 December 7th 2011, 7:33 pm

maddmatt
I agree he didnt play the hardest schedule still the big 10 isnt horrible and one of the better conferences in football it's not like he's playing for boise state and beating up WAC teams all season long. Even though the big 10 was down this year most teams still have great/good players on both side of the ball. I agree you can hold that against him and it brings him down some but some of his stats are close to Barry Sanders 1988 stats and alot of people say that was the greatest season in college football history but ball didnt have as many rushing yards as Barry did. I will be happy with Ball or RG3 winning but if Luck wins because of his hype im going to be mad. Luck has had a good year but still he looked like a rookie against Oregon and didn't have a int in only 4 games all year San Jose st, Arizona,UCLA,Washington.

neon deion12

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter December 7th 2011, 8:04 pm

neon deion12 wrote:maddmatt
I agree he didnt play the hardest schedule still the big 10 isnt horrible and one of the better conferences in football it's not like he's playing for boise state and beating up WAC teams all season long. Even though the big 10 was down this year most teams still have great/good players on both side of the ball. I agree you can hold that against him and it brings him down some but some of his stats are close to Barry Sanders 1988 stats and alot of people say that was the greatest season in college football history but ball didnt have as many rushing yards as Barry did. I will be happy with Ball or RG3 winning but if Luck wins because of his hype im going to be mad. Luck has had a good year but still he looked like a rookie against Oregon and didn't have a int in only 4 games all year San Jose st, Arizona,UCLA,Washington.

I agree if Luck wins it, its complete BS. Although, I don't get to watch a lot of Stanford games, the game against USC was pretty damn good. I think Luck should stay for his Senior year but that's just me.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  neon deion12 December 7th 2011, 10:58 pm

MaddMatt
I agree if Luck wins it, its complete BS. Although, I don't get to watch a lot of Stanford games, the game against USC was pretty damn good. I think Luck should stay for his Senior year but that's just me.
I agree he did play great in the usc game it was overall a amazing game to say the least and it was prime time which is a big deal but there still is that Oregon game durning prime time. RG3 still has luck beat in almost every passing category passer rating, more td's only by 1 though, less ints, passing yards, and completion percentage. Another thing that makes RG3 a better choice for the Heisman is his rushing stats he has 644 yards and 9 td's plus that game winning drive against Oklahoma was pretty impressive . I understand that stats arent everything but the man played like a freak of nature and beat TCU, Oklahoma, and texas. His only setbacks are he lost too Oklahoma state, Kansas St, and Texas A&M but Baylor isn't that great and would be dead without him.

neon deion12

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 December 9th 2011, 4:26 am

well luck will most likely win the heismen for the same reason al pachino won his 1 oscar. he isnt winning it for the reason the award is giving, he is winning it for a compilation of work.

he just won the maxwell award and the walker award both basically mini-heismens. as much as this pissed me off, i cant blame the awards as much as i blame the people who vote on the awards. no one watches the games, they either look at stats or go by what "analyst" say

EDIT: and the fact that many of the awards went to projected NFL 1st round picks instead of the guys that are actually performing. best interior linemen and you give it to the alabama guard who couldnt block a cock? ONLY BECAUSE HE IS BIG BLACK AND A FUTURE 1ST ROUND BUST? BULLSHIT
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  neon deion12 December 12th 2011, 9:44 pm

EPICxPLATYPUS69
EDIT: and the fact that many of the awards went to projected NFL 1st round picks instead of the guys that are actually performing. best interior linemen and you give it to the alabama guard who couldnt block a cock? ONLY BECAUSE HE IS BIG BLACK AND A FUTURE 1ST ROUND BUST? BULLSHIT
Hahah I love this forum the madden forum sucks, you dont have to watch what you say on here. They banned me for calling that high school girl Mark Sanchez banged a slam pig. But isn't Barrett Jones white but either way bama has to be one of the most boring teams to watch. You think they could recruit a qb like Andrew Luck or RG3 so easily every year.

neon deion12

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 December 13th 2011, 3:47 pm

neon deion12 wrote:
EPICxPLATYPUS69
Hahah I love this forum the madden forum sucks, you dont have to watch what you say on here. They banned me for calling that high school girl Mark Sanchez banged a slam pig. But isn't Barrett Jones white but either way bama has to be one of the most boring teams to watch. You think they could recruit a qb like Andrew Luck or RG3 so easily every year.

he is white but HE IS BLACK NIGGA
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  neon deion12 December 14th 2011, 11:03 pm

EPICxSMITTYROBOTICOCK
Hahahah he def has black bones

neon deion12

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 December 14th 2011, 11:59 pm

neon deion12 wrote:
EPICxSMITTYROBOTICOCK
Hahahah he def has black bones

GOD DAMN BLACKS TAKING ALL THE WHITES JOBS
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum