Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Up and Coming Rivalries

+5
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
JermikesHere
at23steelers
Soarindude02
MaddMatter
9 posters

Go down

Up and Coming Rivalries Empty Up and Coming Rivalries

Post  MaddMatter April 23rd 2011, 5:53 pm

Alright in the next decade what teams do you think can replace the Indy-NE (Conference) Rivalry and what teams do you think could match the Balt-Pitt Rivalry (Division)

There's not really a "big" out of conference rivalry like the two listed above, at least not that I can think of.

Balt-Pitt: Det-GB
Indy-NE: GB-Atlanta

I think the Detroit-Green Bay rivalry is going to be some crazy good match ups like the Baltimore and Pitt games.
Then I think the Atlanta-Green Bay could be the beginning of a rivalry. Each team won once last season and they play again this season.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Up and Coming Rivalries Empty Re: Up and Coming Rivalries

Post  Soarindude02 April 23rd 2011, 6:36 pm

Division: Dallas/NYC vs Philly (already a current rival but I think it will be the big rival now)

Conference: I think the Patriots and Colts will have a remaining rivalry

Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 April 23rd 2011, 6:43 pm

Just to throw this in there: Rivalry in pro sports is really not there anymore. Of course there is "rivalry" but College sports is were true rivaraly is. In college sports, when you are playing your rival, you play harder. In the pros, its just a marketing strategy vs two of the better teams. Navy Vs Army is a rivalry, Harvard Vs Yale is a rivalry, Michigan Vs Ohio State is a rivalry. Not this shrimp shit we have in the NFL.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Back to top Go down

Post  at23steelers April 23rd 2011, 6:44 pm

Soarindude02 wrote:Just to throw this in there: Rivalry in pro sports is really not there anymore. Of course there is "rivalry" but College sports is were true rivaraly is. In college sports, when you are playing your rival, you play harder. In the pros, its just a marketing strategy vs two of the better teams. Navy Vs Army is a rivalry, Harvard Vs Yale is a rivalry, Michigan Vs Ohio State is a rivalry. Not this shrimp shit we have in the NFL.

You must not watch the Ravens-Steelers games I take it??
at23steelers
at23steelers

Street Cred : -17

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 April 23rd 2011, 6:45 pm

at23steelers wrote:
Soarindude02 wrote:Just to throw this in there: Rivalry in pro sports is really not there anymore. Of course there is "rivalry" but College sports is were true rivaraly is. In college sports, when you are playing your rival, you play harder. In the pros, its just a marketing strategy vs two of the better teams. Navy Vs Army is a rivalry, Harvard Vs Yale is a rivalry, Michigan Vs Ohio State is a rivalry. Not this shrimp shit we have in the NFL.

You must not watch the Ravens-Steelers games I take it??

Thats about the only rival that is actually truly a competitive rivalry where the players will give it more then they do in the NFL.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere April 23rd 2011, 7:11 pm

MaddMatt wrote:Alright in the next decade what teams do you think can replace the Indy-NE (Conference) Rivalry and what teams do you think could match the Balt-Pitt Rivalry (Division)

There's not really a "big" out of conference rivalry like the two listed above, at least not that I can think of.

I think the Detroit-Green Bay rivalry is going to be some crazy good match ups like the Baltimore and Pitt games.
Then I think the Atlanta-Green Bay could be the beginning of a rivalry. Each team won once last season and they play again this season.

Haha no offense, but really you think a budding rivalry is the matchup of the team that just won the Super Bowl and made the playoffs the year prior and a team that has won 8 games the past 3 seasons combined? I mean yeah the Lions are getting better, but they have to at least have a winning record before they're a legit team that has a real rivalry going.

Jets-Pats has always been a rivalry going back to Parcells, but obviously the Pats have dominated that lately with their run of Super Bowls and such. But now with Rex in town, taking shots at the Pats, and beating the Pats in their own stadium in the playoffs.. that's going to be the top rivalry along with the Steelers-Ravens this year and into the next few seasons. In fact, I think the Jets are going to have a few rivals in the next few years mostly due to Rex and their trash talking.

I agree about Falcons and Packers though.. they'll always be in it and have a few playoff matchups because of their qb's in future seasons. That's how rivalries really get going.
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 23rd 2011, 7:16 pm

Jets - Patriots is really heating up now, especially since the Jets can actually compete with them instead of getting blownout.

i also have a feeling the Bucs - Saints will be picking up alot of steam in the near future with the emergence of Freeman and a very young talented Bucs team, they are gonna give Brees and Co. some fits.
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 23rd 2011, 9:07 pm

MaddMatt wrote:Alright in the next decade what teams do you think can replace the Indy-NE (Conference) Rivalry and what teams do you think could match the Balt-Pitt Rivalry (Division)

There are barely any teams that can't go toe to toe with either the Ravens or the Steelers, both have Defenses year in and year out that can't be matched by others. Our offenses literally become a whole different offense when playing the other.
GB I could see having one with Chi because of just the history, no offense like someone else mentioned but the Lions have been taking steps to atleast be in the "race" for a playoff spot but they aren't going to be anytime soon being a tough match up for the SB champs.

I like the Jets and Pats as well as Oak & SD
Out of division AFC: Jets & Ravens/Steelers(more of just the top defenses in AFC battling out)
Out of division NFC: Atl & GB
and also the Rams and 49er could also be one to look for.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 24th 2011, 2:52 am

I'm not saying the Lions-Packers will be "must see" this year, but in a couple of seasons.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Mutant April 24th 2011, 10:29 am

Manchester United and Liverpool beg to differ. Or Real Madrid-Barcelona, Inter Milan-AC Milan, Feberhance-Galatasary, River Plate-Boca Juniors.

Both teams absolutely HATE each other. Not just the fans but also players who play for the teams. When ever they play, both teams want to win and who ever does rubs it in the faces of the loser for weeks after the game.

But I do agree in a way.

I've also never believed that the Pens and Caps are rivals in NHL. The basis of that "rivalry" is the fact that two very talented players play for each team. Before Ovi and Crosby came along, the Pens always trumped the Caps when they met in the play-offs (from what AT has said). That isn't the basis for a real rivalry imo.
Mutant
Mutant

Street Cred : 46

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 24th 2011, 1:24 pm

[quote="MaddMatt"]I'm not saying the Lions-Packers will be "must see" this year, but in a couple of seasons.[/quote]

Well I don't wanta wait a couple of seasons, I wanta see it now damn it!!! Laughing
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 24th 2011, 3:04 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:I'm not saying the Lions-Packers will be "must see" this year, but in a couple of seasons.

Well I don't wanta wait a couple of seasons, I wanta see it now damn it!!! Laughing
Ahhh Bah hum bug.

Lol I said next decade, not next season.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 24th 2011, 6:48 pm

MaddMatt wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:I'm not saying the Lions-Packers will be "must see" this year, but in a couple of seasons.

Ahhh Bah hum bug.

Lol I said next decade, not next season.

In 10 years!?!?! Noooo, can the Lions do anything right tongue

I do think the Lions could have a rivalry with Rams(Qbs and all) or Vikings. Idk we'll see.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 April 24th 2011, 11:01 pm

As long as Rex Ryan is the jets coach, I see Balt vs the Jets as a rivalry that will be new.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 24th 2011, 11:19 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:As long as Rex Ryan is the jets coach, I see Balt vs the Jets as a rivalry that will be new.

Or Ravens vs. 49ers.

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 April 24th 2011, 11:27 pm

Pittsburgh vs. Green Bay

Not really close to being a rivalry yet but I honestly believe we will play each other again in the next Super Bowl which may stir up some more bad blood.
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 24th 2011, 11:28 pm

PhantomJB93 wrote:Pittsburgh vs. Green Bay

Not really close to being a rivalry yet but I honestly believe we will play each other again in the next Super Bowl which may stir up some more bad blood.

Suspect
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 25th 2011, 1:32 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

Suspect

Care to elaborate?
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere April 25th 2011, 1:34 am

SteelersJMB wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

Suspect

Care to elaborate?

I think he meant it's a little early to be making such strong proclamations about next year's super bowl since there is currently a lockout, no free agency, no draft, no injuries or injury replacements yet, etc.
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 25th 2011, 1:35 am

JermikesHere wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

Suspect

Care to elaborate?

I think he meant it's a little early to be making such strong proclamations about next year's super bowl since there is currently a lockout, no free agency, no draft, no injuries or injury replacements yet, etc.

Maybe, until he says it then idk what he was implying.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 April 25th 2011, 1:54 am

JermikesHere wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

Suspect

Care to elaborate?

Im just going to point out that I said next Super Bowl, not next year...
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 25th 2011, 1:56 am

i was implying that its way too early to say the Steelers and Packers will be back in the next superbowl,...for arguments sake, i could say that with the powder puff schedule the Steelers have this season i wouldnt be suprised that they go 1 and done in the Playoffs when they meet a "real" football team instead of the pansys they will be pushing over all season long...Jets 42 Steelers 13 2011 Playoffs, you heard it here first !!!
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 25th 2011, 1:56 am

JermikesHere wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

Suspect

Care to elaborate?

Well considering Rex Ryan already guaranteed a Superbowl victory...

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 25th 2011, 3:10 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:i was implying that its way too early to say the Steelers and Packers will be back in the next superbowl,...for arguments sake, i could say that with the powder puff schedule the Steelers have this season i wouldnt be suprised that they go 1 and done in the Playoffs when they meet a "real" football team instead of the pansys they will be pushing over all season long...Jets 42 Steelers 13 2011 Playoffs, you heard it here first !!!

We play the Ravens twice, the Pats, and the Colts..what other important "top teams" in the AFC are there to play against.

*Needs to not have a coach that has already guaranteed a SB victory in the upcoming season*
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 April 25th 2011, 12:13 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:i was implying that its way too early to say the Steelers and Packers will be back in the next superbowl,...for arguments sake, i could say that with the powder puff schedule the Steelers have this season i wouldnt be suprised that they go 1 and done in the Playoffs when they meet a "real" football team instead of the pansys they will be pushing over all season long...Jets 42 Steelers 13 2011 Playoffs, you heard it here first !!!

We play the Ravens twice, the Pats, and the Colts..what other important "top teams" in the AFC are there to play against.

*Needs to not have a coach that has already guaranteed a SB victory in the upcoming season*

Dude, those are like the worst teams in the league. How did your team get so lucky! Rolling Eyes
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum