Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Cover Athletes

+5
TRU11
66-Pittsburgh-43
MaddMatter
George_the_Kat
PhantomReturns93
9 posters

Go down

Cover Athletes Empty Cover Athletes

Post  PhantomReturns93 April 23rd 2011, 11:48 pm

Lol, some people get WAY too worked up about cover athletes. Mark Ingram was just announced as the NCAA 12 coverboy (as he should be) and I go over to the EA forums and see idiots complaining about it, wishing him bad luck and injury in the NFL, and "protesting" EA by not buying the game simply because Ingram is on the cover.

Seriously.

Now, I'm not one to stick up for the slimeballs at EA but that's just dumb, not buying a game because of who's on the cover and getting so worked up over it. NCAA is actually a good series, it's not like Madden where you can legitimately protest it for its complete lack of innovation or improvement. Protesting and refusing to buy it simply because you don't like who's on the cover is just supid.

I see it all the time with other games too, as well all know Vick is probably getting the Madden cover and the exact same arguments going on. Although I do support protesting Madden but not because of who they put on the cover. Same thing with the NHL series, every year leading up to the cover announcement, the argument for Sidney Crosby for the cover comes up (because he definitely should have been by now) and all the butthurt Capitals and Devils fans start crying about how they would outright REFUSE to buy the game no matter how good it is just because Crosby was on the cover.

I just find it ridiculous to not buy a good game that you would love to play just because you don't support who is on the cover, what do you guys think?
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Cover Athletes Empty Re: Cover Athletes

Post  George_the_Kat April 24th 2011, 1:31 am

And it's not like you can't get custom dovers because you can. Also, you can order covers of the other athletes in the voting. Some people are just stupid (many of them are Auburn fans).
George_the_Kat
George_the_Kat

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 24th 2011, 3:02 am

PhantomJB93 wrote:
Same thing with the NHL series, every year leading up to the cover announcement, the argument for Sidney Crosby for the cover comes up (because he definitely should have been by now).

No it'll be another Chicago player for like the 4th time in 5 years.....Fuck Chicago.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  66-Pittsburgh-43 April 24th 2011, 3:40 am

I could never understand why people get so upset with who's on a game cover. I go out, buy the game, bring it home, take off the plastic, throw it in the consol and play.

Frankly, I couldn't care less who's on the cover.

66-Pittsburgh-43

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 April 24th 2011, 6:51 am

66-Pittsburgh-43 wrote:I could never understand why people get so upset with who's on a game cover. I go out, buy the game, bring it home, take off the plastic, throw it in the consol and play.

Frankly, I couldn't care less who's on the cover.

i think some might have to much time on there hand to worry about such a thing.

only thing i give a fuck about is the game play and AI .
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 April 24th 2011, 7:11 am

i wont buy Madden 12 if it has Vick on the cover... then again i probably wont buy it if it had the 12th man on it either... only thing Madden is good for now a days is a coaster for my ice cold drinks.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  MyDirtyDangles April 24th 2011, 12:50 pm

crosby and vick for covers!
MyDirtyDangles
MyDirtyDangles

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 24th 2011, 1:54 pm

LIke someone said, why get worked up when you can just get a custom cover and be done with it.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetsown08 April 24th 2011, 2:34 pm

I really don't care about covers, the only thing that sometimes I like about covers is that it's a nice refreshing new cover for a game after 6 months of having the same old cover. I don't like NBA 2k11's cover too much now since it's sort of an eyesore, plus I've seen it too much. Same with NCAA 11 too.

TBH, cover players don't really matter, you see the cover for maybe 15-30 seconds every time you play when you put in the game and take it out, and the start screen. I think if there's that much of a problem with a cover, close your eyes for those 15-30 seconds so you can ignore it.
Jetsown08
Jetsown08

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down