Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Aqib Talib to be released as soon as new CBA

+7
PhantomReturns93
Soarindude02
Jetsown08
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
SteelersJMB
MyDirtyDangles
Thadden
11 posters

Go down

Aqib Talib to be released as soon as new CBA Empty Aqib Talib to be released as soon as new CBA

Post  Thadden April 24th 2011, 1:03 pm

Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Aqib Talib to be released as soon as new CBA Empty Re: Aqib Talib to be released as soon as new CBA

Post  MyDirtyDangles April 24th 2011, 1:17 pm

oh dang!
MyDirtyDangles
MyDirtyDangles

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Aqib Talib to be released as soon as new CBA Empty Re: Aqib Talib to be released as soon as new CBA

Post  SteelersJMB April 24th 2011, 1:32 pm

If only he didn't fuck up so much I'd really want the Steelers to take a look at him, I personally would go after him but knowing the Steelers it ain't happening.

He'd be alot cheaper then going after Aso, obviously isn't the same amount of talent but still cheaper none the less.

Also have to look for if is he's going to get suspended and for how long.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 24th 2011, 2:21 pm

the Jets may pick him up if they dont resign Cro and as long as Talib isnt getting jail time....like Rex says
" you can never have enough corners"
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetsown08 April 24th 2011, 2:39 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:the Jets may pick him up if they dont resign Cro and as long as Talib isnt getting jail time....like Rex says

Surprisingly, this might happen. We could replace Cromartie with Talib, I'd be up for that.

The Bengals may pick him up, the Cowboys might, but the place I'd think he is actually going to go to is Oakland. They need to replace Nnamdi since it seems he's leaving, and they don't have a problem dealing with thugs. Perfect fit! Laughing
Jetsown08
Jetsown08

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 April 24th 2011, 2:52 pm

That is the DUMBEST move on the planet. One of our best players, gone. Yeah, Okay, he got in trouble ALOT. But when you have NO talent at the Cornerback postion besides Talib, you do not drop him. He might be a bad distraction in the locker room, but to tell you the truth, if the Rookies and other young guys are really "learning" from what he is doing, that is just plain, idiotic. The Bucs have several leaders on the team and can follow them as leaders if hes really pulling are team "apart". Sorry for the poor grammar, but im to frustrated to care.
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 24th 2011, 6:46 pm

Jetsown08 wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:the Jets may pick him up if they dont resign Cro and as long as Talib isnt getting jail time....like Rex says

Surprisingly, this might happen. We could replace Cromartie with Talib, I'd be up for that.

The Bengals may pick him up, the Cowboys might, but the place I'd think he is actually going to go to is Oakland. They need to replace Nnamdi since it seems he's leaving, and they don't have a problem dealing with thugs. Perfect fit! Laughing

Why would they go after another CB instead of atleast fighting to keep Aso?
Also I don't think Talib would go to Oak unless he'd have to since he was soo close to making playoffs finally that going to a team like Oak may be good starting wise, but I'd wanta be on a contender's team if given the coice.
Bengals have pretty good CBs.
Cowboys might get Prince in the draft.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 April 24th 2011, 6:52 pm

Honestly? I think he could end up in Philly. They're looking for a young talented cb and andy reid isn't afraid to take a chance on a "character"

I do agree the bucs are in the wrong to just give up on him so easily.
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 24th 2011, 9:39 pm

I think the Bengals would go after him.

I mean they love having criminals on their roster, so Aqib would fit right in Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  poshmidget April 24th 2011, 10:04 pm

stay classy tampa. good move. not enough teams have good values. there is more then just football and if your making multi million dollars every year you should have some common sense not to fuck up. now he'll get a second chance with the raiders, redskins, cowboys, or bengals and do nothing significant for the rest of his career.

poshmidget

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray April 24th 2011, 10:33 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:I think the Bengals would go after him.

I mean they love having criminals on their roster, so Aqib would fit right in Smile

Unless we lose Jonathan or Leon, I don't think he'll be coming here.

But then again, did he hit someone with his car while drunk driving? Because then maybe the Ravens would be interested in him Smile
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 24th 2011, 10:41 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:

But then again, did he hit someone with his car while drunk driving? Because then maybe the Ravens would be interested in him Smile

BURN!

Anyone else see the Bucs picking up Jimmy Smith now?

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 24th 2011, 10:44 pm

MaddMatt wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

BURN!

Anyone else see the Bucs picking up Jimmy Smith now?

well, Jimmy Smith comes with alot of character issues, it has been said he may even fall out of the 1st round because hes such a jerk...not thta it will happen but it might...i could see the Bucs taking Texas CB Aaron Williams though.
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 24th 2011, 10:47 pm

HurpDurpHurray wrote:

Perhaps. But I would rather us get Nnamdi Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 24th 2011, 10:47 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

well, Jimmy Smith comes with alot of character issues, it has been said he may even fall out of the 1st round because hes such a jerk...not thta it will happen but it might...i could see the Bucs taking Texas CB Aaron Williams though.

I agree, but Raheem Morris is known to take guys without character issues. Mike Williams, Legarrette Blount (spelling?). I could see them taking Smith and letting him learn under Rhonde Barber for a year or 2.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 24th 2011, 10:51 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

i am not trying to go Off Topic here but i have to ask this question...why would a team want a CB that gives up almost 80% of passes that come his way? granted he may only get thrown at 30 times a year, but if hes giving up 25 of those it should make you wonder why opponents dont try more Shocked ...also the 16-18 million dollar price tag that Nnamdi comes with isnt very appealing, at least not for a CB that gives up that percent of passes he is paid to defend...case in point would be someone like Revis who gave up 39 passes out of 141 attempts...now thats a good percentage Very Happy
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 24th 2011, 10:52 pm

MaddMatt wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:

I agree, but Raheem Morris is known to take guys without character issues. Mike Williams, Legarrette Blount (spelling?). I could see them taking Smith and letting him learn under Rhonde Barber for a year or 2.

agreed with that also, Morris doesnt shy away from character issues, but the team may not want to grab someone with concerns after letting Talib go because of concerns.
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 25th 2011, 1:31 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

i am not trying to go Off Topic here but i have to ask this question...why would a team want a CB that gives up almost 80% of passes that come his way? granted he may only get thrown at 30 times a year, but if hes giving up 25 of those it should make you wonder why opponents dont try more Shocked ...also the 16-18 million dollar price tag that Nnamdi comes with isnt very appealing, at least not for a CB that gives up that percent of passes he is paid to defend...case in point would be someone like Revis who gave up 39 passes out of 141 attempts...now thats a good percentage Very Happy

Is Revis going to be a Free Agent this year? Rolling Eyes
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 25th 2011, 1:55 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

In 2010, he gave up 33% or less completions. Not sure where you got 80% from, considering that was from 2009.

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 25th 2011, 2:01 am

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

In 2010, he gave up 33% or less completions. Not sure where you got 80% from, considering that was from 2009.

you dont like to read and analyze things very well do you? i said in 2009 he gave up 22 out of 28 passes...in 2010 his percentage was "statistically better" because he was CAUSING PENALTYS instead of getting credited with allowing a catch and at least 4 TDs that i witnessed myself...understand now? ...save your argument about the Pass Interference is > than a TD for someone else dude...Nnamdi WAS the reason the Raiders Defense gave up soo many points, because he would let the other team get in position to make a score, and they would.
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 April 25th 2011, 2:05 am

i kinda want the Seahawks to go after him... I wouldnt put it past Pete and John...

He'd help as long as he doesnt get in trouble...
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 25th 2011, 2:06 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
HurpDurpHurray wrote:

you dont like to read and analyze things very well do you? i said in 2009 he gave up 22 out of 28 passes...in 2010 his percentage was "statistically better" because he was CAUSING PENALTYS instead of getting credited with allowing a catch and at least 4 TDs that i witnessed myself...understand now? ...save your argument about the Pass Interference is > than a TD for someone else dude...Nnamdi WAS the reason the Raiders Defense gave up soo many points, because he would let the other team get in position to make a score, and they would.

He was also the reason they ranked 2nd in pass defense...

Save your Nnamdi hate.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down