Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Tom Zbikowski FAILS Drug Test

+5
SteelersJMB
BaltRavensFan20
tubbs51
PhantomReturns93
JermikesHere
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tom Zbikowski FAILS Drug Test Empty Tom Zbikowski FAILS Drug Test

Post  JermikesHere April 26th 2011, 3:01 pm

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/26/tom-zbikowski-tests-positive-for-marijuana-after-boxing-match/

Tested positive for weed and got a 45 day suspension from boxing haha. Guess he figured there's a lockout, time to party!

I like Zbikowski from his time at Notre Dame but this is hilarious
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Tom Zbikowski FAILS Drug Test Empty Re: Tom Zbikowski FAILS Drug Test

Post  Guest April 26th 2011, 3:02 pm

*sigh*

Such fail...

“We’re appealing it,” Joyce told the Sun-Times. “After the fight, all the fighters tested were positive. They had you pee in a cup and put a strip of something in there. I’ve never seen results where you get them the day of the fight. It was like a home pregnancy test or something. . . . He’s taken all sorts of tests for the NFL and he’s never tested positive.”

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere April 26th 2011, 3:05 pm

Plus a Ravens player would never do anything wrong, so it's cool
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 26th 2011, 3:06 pm

JermikesHere wrote:Plus a Ravens player would never do anything wrong, so it's cool

Yeah, totally.

Back to top Go down

Post  PhantomReturns93 April 26th 2011, 3:21 pm

Weed needs to be legalized
PhantomReturns93
PhantomReturns93

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 April 26th 2011, 4:02 pm

PhantomJB93 wrote:Weed needs to be legalized

I agree 100%

the extreme conservatards wont want that though...

God knows the Tea Party needs something new to bitch about.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 26th 2011, 4:37 pm

Tim Lincecum laughs at you Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 April 26th 2011, 4:43 pm

JermikesHere wrote:Plus a Ravens player would never do anything wrong, so it's cool

No, but theres no reason to come to conclusions when all the facts aren't there. But I guess since all the boxers tested positive they all must be guilty. Rolling Eyes Im not saying he didnt smoke weed, but atleast withhold any finger pointing till AFTER all the facts are known.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 26th 2011, 4:45 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

No, but theres no reason to come to conclusions when all the facts aren't there. But I guess since all the boxers tested positive they all must be guilty. Rolling Eyes Im not saying he didnt smoke weed, but atleast withhold any finger pointing till AFTER all the facts are known.

Agreed, same goes for the whole Ray Lewis HGH thing.

If it turns out that he did smoke Marijuana or whatever, then that's a huge mistake on his part and he deserves to be punished. But honestly I think Tom is smarter than that and I think boxing means more to him than anything as of right now and he wouldn't do anything to put that in jeopardy. But we'll find out soon enough.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 27th 2011, 12:43 am

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 27th 2011, 12:46 am

Glad to hear he isn't going to be in any trouble.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 April 27th 2011, 10:32 am

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81f7d1da/article/manager-ravennowboxer-zbikowski-passes-second-drug-test?module=HP_headlines

He passed his second test.

I'm going to hold back the urge to say "I told you so."

Except you didn't with this part...
KWicK78
KWicK78

Street Cred : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 27th 2011, 10:49 am

KWicK78 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81f7d1da/article/manager-ravennowboxer-zbikowski-passes-second-drug-test?module=HP_headlines

Nope, I held it back Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere April 27th 2011, 10:50 am

KWicK78 wrote:

Laughing Yeah I wasn't going to say anything.. but nowhere in here did sna proclaim Zbikowski to be innocent and that his name would be cleared.
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 27th 2011, 10:57 am

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

Agreed, same goes for the whole Ray Lewis HGH thing.

If it turns out that he did smoke Marijuana or whatever, then that's a huge mistake on his part and he deserves to be punished. But honestly I think Tom is smarter than that and I think boxing means more to him than anything as of right now and he wouldn't do anything to put that in jeopardy. But we'll find out soon enough.

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptRCG2 April 27th 2011, 11:01 am

tubbs51 wrote:

I agree 100%

You sure you now what you're talking about?

Why the Tea Party Is the Hidden Force Behind Legal Pot
July 14, 2010 at 10:49AM by John H. Richardson

You're right, there does seem to be an awful lot of activity in the world of marijuana legalization this summer. Let's put together the pieces:

1. In 2010, more than a dozen state legislatures introduced new medical-marijuana laws, including conservative states where you wouldn't expect them — Kansas and Alabama, Tennessee and Nebraska.

2. Medical marijuana will be on the ballot this in Arizona and in South Dakota.

3. In Oregon, activists pushing for a new law to regulate medical-marijuana dispensaries collected 130,000 signature and put that on the November ballot, too.

4. Five other states are considering laws to relax and extend their existing medical-marijuana laws.

5. Eight states considered decriminalization laws that would replace jail sentences with fines, including Connecticut, Hawaii, Tennessee, and Virginia. (Already, fines are the only penalty for "personal use" amounts in twelve states, including Mississippi, California, Minnesota, and Oregon — thirteen if you count Alaska, which considers small amounts at home functionally legal.)

6. The elimination of all criminal penalties for amounts under one ounce is also under consideration for a November initiative in Detroit, which would join a growing fraternity of quasi-open cities, along with Seattle and Denver.

7. Mainstream groups are becoming more open about their support, including the state Democratic Party of Maine and the NAACP, both of which endorsed legalization efforts.

8. And, of course, there's California, which is voting on full legalization this November. And that Prop 19 vote looks like it'll come down to the wire.

"What you're really seeing is groundswell," says Mike Meno of the Marijuana Policy Project. "There was a poll in October showing that 81 percent of Americans nationally support medical-marijuana laws. I always tell people, What other public-policy issue can 81 percent of Americans agree on?"

One factor Meno cites is the Tea Party movement, especially the libertarian streak represented by Ron Paul, who frames pot legalization as yet another states' rights issue. "People don't want government telling them what they can use to unwind with after work," Meno says.
Not only that, but a Gallup poll last fall showed significant growth in support from Republicans for outright legalization — 7 percent from 2005 to 2009, from a low of 21 percent to 28 percent today. Democrats had an even bigger jump, from 41 percent to 58 percent — a total increase of 13 percent in just four years. (Oddly, the independents, usually the weather vanes of American politics, show unusual conviction on this issue, going up only 3 percent in the same four years, from 46 percent in support in 2005 to 49 percent last year.)

Libertarian support helps explain the ballot initiatives in Arizona and South Dakota, hardly strongbeds of liberalism. Another cause, it seems clear now, is growing alarm about the violence associated with Mexican drug cartels, which make 60 to 70 percent of their profits off marijuana. (For history buffs, the irony is that marijuana laws were originally rooted in American hatred of Mexicans and the cheap "ditch weed" they smoked for recreation.)
All eyes are on California, where polls show the public almost perfectly divided but where the demographics suggest that change is inevitable — according to an April poll from a California CBS affiliate, only 39 percent of people 66 years or older thought pot should be legal, but a bracing 74 percent of folks 18 to 34 support it.

So even if California votes no, Meno says, "the wind is definitely at the backs of the anti-prohibition side."

Read more: http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/marijuana-legalization-by-state-071410#ixzz1KjREi6Y7
CaptRCG2
CaptRCG2

Street Cred : 86

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere April 27th 2011, 11:14 am

CaptRCG2 wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:

I agree 100%

You're right, there does seem to be an awful lot of activity in the world of marijuana legalization this summer. Let's put together the pieces:

1. In 2010, more than a dozen state legislatures introduced new medical-marijuana laws, including conservative states where you wouldn't expect them — Kansas and Alabama, Tennessee and Nebraska.

3. In Oregon, activists pushing for a new law to regulate medical-marijuana dispensaries collected 130,000 signature and put that on the November ballot, too.

4. Five other states are considering laws to relax and extend their existing medical-marijuana laws.

5. Eight states considered decriminalization laws that would replace jail sentences with fines, including Connecticut, Hawaii, Tennessee, and Virginia. (Already, fines are the only penalty for "personal use" amounts in twelve states, including Mississippi, California, Minnesota, and Oregon — thirteen if you count Alaska, which considers small amounts at home functionally legal.)

6. The elimination of all criminal penalties for amounts under one ounce is also under consideration for a November initiative in Detroit, which would join a growing fraternity of quasi-open cities, along with Seattle and Denver.

7. Mainstream groups are becoming more open about their support, including the state Democratic Party of Maine and the NAACP, both of which endorsed legalization efforts.

8. And, of course, there's California, which is voting on full legalization this November. And that Prop 19 vote looks like it'll come down to the wire.

"What you're really seeing is groundswell," says Mike Meno of the Marijuana Policy Project. "There was a poll in October showing that 81 percent of Americans nationally support medical-marijuana laws. I always tell people, What other public-policy issue can 81 percent of Americans agree on?"

One factor Meno cites is the Tea Party movement, especially the libertarian streak represented by Ron Paul, who frames pot legalization as yet another states' rights issue. "People don't want government telling them what they can use to unwind with after work," Meno says.
Not only that, but a Gallup poll last fall showed significant growth in support from Republicans for outright legalization — 7 percent from 2005 to 2009, from a low of 21 percent to 28 percent today. Democrats had an even bigger jump, from 41 percent to 58 percent — a total increase of 13 percent in just four years. (Oddly, the independents, usually the weather vanes of American politics, show unusual conviction on this issue, going up only 3 percent in the same four years, from 46 percent in support in 2005 to 49 percent last year.)

Libertarian support helps explain the ballot initiatives in Arizona and South Dakota, hardly strongbeds of liberalism. Another cause, it seems clear now, is growing alarm about the violence associated with Mexican drug cartels, which make 60 to 70 percent of their profits off marijuana. (For history buffs, the irony is that marijuana laws were originally rooted in American hatred of Mexicans and the cheap "ditch weed" they smoked for recreation.)
All eyes are on California, where polls show the public almost perfectly divided but where the demographics suggest that change is inevitable — according to an April poll from a California CBS affiliate, only 39 percent of people 66 years or older thought pot should be legal, but a bracing 74 percent of folks 18 to 34 support it.

So even if California votes no, Meno says, "the wind is definitely at the backs of the anti-prohibition side."

Read more: http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/marijuana-legalization-by-state-071410#ixzz1KjREi6Y7

lol another +1 from me to you capt. I read his post and was going to get into it but figured why overload another thread with political talk, especially when he so very clearly has no idea what he is talking about again. But that doesn't mean I'm not glad you completely and utterly shut him down. Well played!
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptRCG2 April 27th 2011, 11:34 am

JermikesHere wrote:
CaptRCG2 wrote:
tubbs51 wrote:

I agree 100%

lol another +1 from me to you capt. I read his post and was going to get into it but figured why overload another thread with political talk, especially when he so very clearly has no idea what he is talking about again. But that doesn't mean I'm not glad you completely and utterly shut him down. Well played!

Thanks! If he wants to hate on the Tea Party, I have no problem. But he should at least know what they stand for before he decided to hate them.
CaptRCG2
CaptRCG2

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB April 27th 2011, 12:29 pm

great post
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  KWicK78 April 27th 2011, 5:56 pm

Capt.. seriously, if you came to Iowa and ran for office, I would campaign like a motherfucker free of charge
KWicK78
KWicK78

Street Cred : 21

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 April 27th 2011, 7:00 pm

Was not aware the Tea Party was for Pot legalization...

still not gonna vote for them.

tubbs51
tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptRCG2 April 27th 2011, 7:04 pm

tubbs51 wrote:Was not aware the Tea Party was for Pot legalization...

Fair enough. Who are you planning to support and why?
CaptRCG2
CaptRCG2

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 April 27th 2011, 7:08 pm

CaptRCG2 wrote:

Fair enough. Who are you planning to support and why?

None at the moment. I think the two party system isnt fair for smaller possibly better politicians nor the voters.

The US was built on choice but come elections in reality you have two sides to vote for: Republican or Democrat and neither have gotten us any where close to where the Founding fathers had envisioned.

So until theres some monetary restrictions on campaigns to make it fair for multiple parties i think i'll skip voting...
tubbs51
tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere April 27th 2011, 7:26 pm

Then why did you say what you said? That was very sna-ish of you.
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 April 27th 2011, 7:29 pm

Cause everyone is supposed to be 100% correct 100% of the time.

I hadn't heard that the Tea Party was for Pot legalization. When a party is clearly preaching racism blindly thats when i stop paying attention to them.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum