Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Jimmy Smith:

+5
CaptRCG2
BaltRavensFan20
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
JermikesHere
MaddMatter
9 posters

Go down

Jimmy Smith: Empty Jimmy Smith:

Post  MaddMatter April 27th 2011, 2:28 pm

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/120747104.html

Teams are well aware that Smith flunked three drug tests at Colorado, and he told at least one club that one of the three was for misusing codeine.

Smith also told teams of his two alcohol-related violations, the pair of abortions that were paid for by parents of women he impregnated and an arrest for third-degree assault in a restaurant.

"Two abortions, aggravated assault, two minors in possession, three failed drug tests  . . .  that's a little excessive," the personnel man said.

It was telling, said one scout, that Southern California and UCLA chose not to recruit Smith out of what he called a "bad, bad, bad" neighborhood just east of Los Angeles. Some of Smith's family members have been in and out of jail.

I knew about the drug tests and the alcohol, but the abortions too? Man this kid just too risky to draft in the first/second round IMO. The kid seems like he acts before he thinks.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Jimmy Smith: Empty Re: Jimmy Smith:

Post  Guest April 28th 2011, 1:48 am

Looks like he's gonna get drafted by the Bengals.

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere April 28th 2011, 1:55 am

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:Looks like he's gonna get drafted by the Bengals.

Or the Ravens.
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 28th 2011, 3:46 am

JermikesHere wrote:

Or the Ravens.

Nope. No possible way we take someone with this much character issues.

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 28th 2011, 8:42 am

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:

Or the Ravens.

it could very well be possible...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20110427_ravens_might_be_willing_to_take_a_risk_on_jimmy_smith
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 28th 2011, 8:53 am

if Smith is on the board at #30, i could honestly see the Jets drafting him...i know we need a NT or Pass Rushing LB but the Jets philosophy is to "take the best player available" and Smith would be that player.
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 April 28th 2011, 9:46 am

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:

Or the Ravens.

I dont know, Smith is someone Im torn on. On the negative side, he has all those character issues, and the last thing we need is someoe like Pac Man or TO or heck (Im going to throw this out there) Dez Bryant (yes I know he can still change, but this much trouble right now doesnt seem good). On the plus side, hes a great corner that can make an imediate impact for the ravens and start right away, plus help us beat the steelers by solidifying our CB issues. He said hes started trying to be more "mature" so if he stays true to his word I could see us taking him. I read yesterday he felt like he left a good impression on Ozzie Newsome and our coaches, so we shall see. If he stays out of trouble I wouldnt mind us drafting him.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptRCG2 April 28th 2011, 9:50 am

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:

Or the Ravens.

I dont know, Smith is someone Im torn on. On the negative side, he has all those character issues, and the last thing we need is someoe like Pac Man or TO or heck (Im going to throw this out there) Dez Bryant (yes I know he can still change, but this much trouble right now doesnt seem good). On the plus side, hes a great corner that can make an imediate impact for the ravens and start right away, plus help us beat the steelers by solidifying our CB issues. He said hes started trying to be more "mature" so if he stays true to his word I could see us taking him. I read yesterday he felt like he left a good impression on Ozzie Newsome and our coaches, so we shall see. If he stays out of trouble I wouldnt mind us drafting him.

Smith sounds like Aqib Talib.
CaptRCG2
CaptRCG2

Street Cred : 86

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 April 28th 2011, 9:51 am

CaptRCG2 wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:

Or the Ravens.

Smith sounds like Aqib Talib.

Yeah there were some that compared him to Talib.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere April 28th 2011, 11:52 am

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:

Or the Ravens.

Laughing Good one.

I see another Talib situation with this guy where he just can't stay out of trouble and whoever drafts him will get tired of his crap very quickly.
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 28th 2011, 1:15 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:

Or the Ravens.

I am torn on him too.

I know he's a great corner and all, but I just don't think Ozzie will want to take such a risk on this guy and end up having another Pac Man Jones or Aqib Talib situation, especially if a guy like Aaron Williams is on the board still.

But on the other hand, we have a special situation in that we have the best motivator in the NFL in Ray Lewis, and if we do take a chance on Jimmy Smith, maybe Ray takes him under his wing and makes sure this guy plays to his potential and stays out of trouble off the field. But then again, that's a huge IF. We'll just have to wait and see. I'm guessing we don't draft him though.

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 April 28th 2011, 1:27 pm

if he is there at 26 we should take him no questions asked.

as far as i know all those things where from a while ago and he has been behaving himself for the past year.

it is and will be a risk reward with him but he got the talent.
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  JermikesHere April 28th 2011, 7:22 pm

Smith has the ability to be a great corner. No question about it. If he goes to a team with a strong system of support with the coach and veterans, they might be able to keep him in check. There is no denying his talent.

If he ends up on a crap team, I could see things going badly for him. If he goes to a good team with strong coaching and veteran leadership, like Baltimore or the Jets I think he can thrive. If he falls to 30, I wouldn't mind the Jets taking him at all.. it would mean the end of Cromartie, but would mean Holmes and Edwards are virtually locks to return.
JermikesHere
JermikesHere

Back to top Go down

Post  66-Pittsburgh-43 April 28th 2011, 7:47 pm

"Two abortions, aggravated assault, two minors in possession, three failed drug tests  . . .  that's a little excessive," the personnel man said.

Just a "little" excessive? I guess if you're comparing him to Ted Bundy. Rolling Eyes

Coming from a fan who's team needs a DB, I wouldn't take a gamble on him. There is way too much baggage there for my liking. I'm sure the United States Penal System would gladly take a gamble on him if he continues going at this rate.

All in time I'm sure.

66-Pittsburgh-43

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  Soarindude02 April 28th 2011, 8:20 pm

JermikesHere wrote:Smith has the ability to be a great corner. No question about it. If he goes to a team with a strong system of support with the coach and veterans, they might be able to keep him in check. There is no denying his talent.

If he ends up on a crap team, I could see things going badly for him. If he goes to a good team with strong coaching and veteran leadership, like Baltimore or the Jets I think he can thrive. If he falls to 30, I wouldn't mind the Jets taking him at all.. it would mean the end of Cromartie, but would mean Holmes and Edwards are virtually locks to return.

Thats usually the same with most players. Laughing
Soarindude02
Soarindude02

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 28th 2011, 11:58 pm

Looks like we're taking Jimmy Smith.

He better have Ray Lewis on speed dial in about 10 minutes from now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 29th 2011, 12:00 am

WTF WE PASSED?!

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK JUST FUCKING HAPPENED?!

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 29th 2011, 12:08 am

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:

Or the Ravens.

BURN!

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 29th 2011, 12:09 am

MaddMatt wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:

Or the Ravens.

BURN!

Looks like i'm eating my words. I thought there was no way we'd take a guy with that many character issues, but I mean we do have Ray Lewis so I'll just have to see how it works out.

I'm really worried though. Great upside but an even bigger downside.

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 April 29th 2011, 4:28 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:

Or the Ravens.

BURN!

Looks like i'm eating my words. I thought there was no way we'd take a guy with that many character issues, but I mean we do have Ray Lewis so I'll just have to see how it works out.

Just as long as he sets himself straight, we will have one of the best corners play for baltimore in years, hopefully. Now we have Foxworth on one side and smith on the other, thats a pretty good corner corps in you ask me, stick webb in the nickle and we will have a good secondary. Man, what if we got Moore at Safety, our secondary would be even better Very Happy Nah, Id rather have T Smith or Matthews in the second.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 29th 2011, 4:43 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:

Or the Ravens.

BURN!

Just as long as he sets himself straight, we will have one of the best corners play for baltimore in years, hopefully. Now we have Foxworth on one side and smith on the other, thats a pretty good corner corps in you ask me, stick webb in the nickle and we will have a good secondary. Man, what if we got Moore at Safety, our secondary would be even better Very Happy Nah, Id rather have T Smith or Matthews in the second.

Don't forget about Josh Wilson, who I personally think is a better corner than Foxworth is.

Either way, we have SOOOO much depth and quality depth at corner with Smith/Wilson/Foxworth/Webb and then Carr/Washington.

I think eventually it will be Foxworth and Smith on the outside with Wilson in the slot.

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 April 29th 2011, 4:45 pm

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:

Or the Ravens.

BURN!

Don't forget about Josh Wilson, who I personally think is a better corner than Foxworth is.

Either way, we have SOOOO much depth and quality depth at corner with Smith/Wilson/Foxworth/Webb and then Carr/Washington.

I think eventually it will be Foxworth and Smith on the outside with Wilson in the slot.

whos faster though? Wilson or Webb? Webb did pretty good at keeping up with Mike Wallace, so i d say hed be the faster of the two.
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Back to top Go down

Post  poshmidget April 29th 2011, 4:50 pm

enjoy him for 3 yeas, but then be embarrassed by him when hes in prison.

poshmidget

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest April 29th 2011, 4:51 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
JermikesHere wrote:

Or the Ravens.

BURN!

whos faster though? Wilson or Webb? Webb did pretty good at keeping up with Mike Wallace, so i d say hed be the faster of the two.

And then he got burned by Antonio Brown, lol.

I think Wilson is faster. He kept up with Wallace as well and he's better in coverage.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum