Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

What do Vikings Do?

5 posters

Go down

What do Vikings Do?  Empty What do Vikings Do?

Post  MaddMatter March 28th 2012, 9:34 pm

What do you think they do at #3 in the draft?

I've been thinking Matt Kalil the whole time, but when I actually sat down to think about it, I think Claiborne would probably be a better pick.

I mean if you think about it. Your going up against a Rodgers-Jennings, Stafford-Megatron and Cutler- Marshall combo 6 times a year.

Wouldn't you want a premiere corner to try to stop them? Plus you can always get O-lineman late and develop them.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

What do Vikings Do?  Empty Re: What do Vikings Do?

Post  HurpDurpHurray March 28th 2012, 11:26 pm

I think they might go with Kalil just so that they have a better O-Line in front of Ponder. It will also make it easier for whoever is running the ball next season for them as it might not be Peterson. They also play a lot of zone right? So maybe they're happy with what they got
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptRCG2 March 31st 2012, 8:47 am

Our local sports radio guy thinks the Vikings will take Claiborne. He usually has pretty good sources and is pretty accurate when he makes a claim. He had NFL "expert" Chris Landry on the other day. He said that between Kalil and Claiborne, Kalil projects or grades out to be the better player though. He said that Kalil has the projection to be top three in his position over the next few years while Claiborne (although really good) only projects to be top 15 at his position. Of course they are all just "educated" guesses, but interesting nontheless. If it turns out to be Luck, RG3, Claiborne, Blackmon, I would love for the Bucs to take Kalil. Although they have a really good LT in Donald Penn, I'd be interested in seeing if Kalil could start at LT and move Penn to RT. I don't know if it would work (I've heard that transition is more difficult than you'd think) but I've never been a big fan of Trueblood on our o-line.
CaptRCG2
CaptRCG2

Street Cred : 86

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter March 31st 2012, 9:46 am

CaptRCG2 wrote:Our local sports radio guy thinks the Vikings will take Claiborne. He usually has pretty good sources and is pretty accurate when he makes a claim. He had NFL "expert" Chris Landry on the other day. He said that between Kalil and Claiborne, Kalil projects or grades out to be the better player though. He said that Kalil has the projection to be top three in his position over the next few years while Claiborne (although really good) only projects to be top 15 at his position. Of course they are all just "educated" guesses, but interesting nontheless. If it turns out to be Luck, RG3, Claiborne, Blackmon, I would love for the Bucs to take Kalil. Although they have a really good LT in Donald Penn, I'd be interested in seeing if Kalil could start at LT and move Penn to RT. I don't know if it would work (I've heard that transition is more difficult than you'd think) but I've never been a big fan of Trueblood on our o-line.

You don't like TRUEBLOOD! He might kill you if he heard that...cause his names...TRUEBLOOD!

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden March 31st 2012, 12:16 pm

MaddMatt wrote:
CaptRCG2 wrote:Our local sports radio guy thinks the Vikings will take Claiborne. He usually has pretty good sources and is pretty accurate when he makes a claim. He had NFL "expert" Chris Landry on the other day. He said that between Kalil and Claiborne, Kalil projects or grades out to be the better player though. He said that Kalil has the projection to be top three in his position over the next few years while Claiborne (although really good) only projects to be top 15 at his position. Of course they are all just "educated" guesses, but interesting nontheless. If it turns out to be Luck, RG3, Claiborne, Blackmon, I would love for the Bucs to take Kalil. Although they have a really good LT in Donald Penn, I'd be interested in seeing if Kalil could start at LT and move Penn to RT. I don't know if it would work (I've heard that transition is more difficult than you'd think) but I've never been a big fan of Trueblood on our o-line.

You don't like TRUEBLOOD! He might kill you if he heard that...cause his names...TRUEBLOOD!
Guess what his favorite show is?

If you guessed Trueblood, YOUR RIGHT!!!
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray April 1st 2012, 1:12 am

Thadden wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:

You're*
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden April 1st 2012, 1:51 am

HurpDurpHurray wrote:
Thadden wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:

Thank you grammer nazi

You're*
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 April 1st 2012, 2:02 am

does it matter who the vikings draft?

does it truly matter? in all likelihood the vikings will fuck up their career and make them bust anyway.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptRCG2 April 1st 2012, 9:16 am

EPICxLIL'DEVIL666 wrote:does it matter who the vikings draft?

does it truly matter? in all likelihood the vikings will fuck up their career and make them bust anyway.

Only care so that we know who will still be on the board for my team's pick.
CaptRCG2
CaptRCG2

Street Cred : 86

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 April 1st 2012, 3:24 pm

CaptRCG2 wrote:
EPICxLIL'DEVIL666 wrote:does it matter who the vikings draft?

Only care so that we know who will still be on the board for my team's pick.

dude, the bucs are fucked either way. best move for them is to trade out of the top 10 and maybe pick up 2 1st.
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum