Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

2009 Draft

+5
tripleaamin
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
Thadden
S
MaddMatter
9 posters

Go down

2009 Draft  Empty 2009 Draft

Post  MaddMatter April 1st 2012, 11:46 am

Alright, so people say it takes 3 years to really grade a draft class and since its getting close to draft time I think I should bring this back.

Detroit Lions 2009 NFL Draft: RE-GRADE!

1A. QB- Matthew Stafford: Struggled with injuries his first two years, but proved he was a franchise QB in 2011. A+

1B. TE- Brandon Pettigrew: One of the best blocking TE's in the NFL and a very underrated pass catcher. Truly one of the best complete TE's in the game right now. A+

2. S- Louis Delmas: Starter from day one. Leader of the secondary and has a huge impact on the Lions DB's. Has struggled with injuries and lacks the playmaking ability (Low number of INT's). But he is truly missed when he is not on the field.
B

3.LB- Deandre Levy: Another starter from day one. Makes plays when they need to be made. Can play both inside and outside and a real solid starter. B+

3. WR- Derrick Williams: Never made an impact and was released a couple seasons in. F

4. DT- Sammie Lee Hill: He started from day one because of lack of talent and depth. Has developed into a solid DT and is a great rotational player behind the newer Lions DT's. A

6. RB- Aaron Brown: Struggled to learn the playbook and never really made any plays on special teams. Was a Pre-Season star, but never translated into the regular season. D+

7. T- Lydon Murtha: Never made the team out of camp, picked up by I think Miami. C (He gets a C because hes a 7th round pick, but at least made a team)

7. LB Zack Follett: GREAT Special Teams player. Got a chance to start in his second season, but suffered a career ending neck injury. B+

7. TE- Dan Gronkowski: Yes, Gronks brother was drafted by Detroit. Never made an impact in Detroit, but was traded to Denver for Alphonso Smith. When you trade a 7th round pick for a 2nd round pick. You did something right. He get's an A because of that.

Overall Grade: A

Four starters and one back-up (two with the Gronkowski trade). Not bad for the first year GM in Martin Mayhew.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

2009 Draft  Empty Re: 2009 Draft

Post  S April 1st 2012, 12:44 pm

wow.

Round 2a. DE- Everette Brown- Pure trash and we traded are 2010 first rounder to get him, and he's no longer with us. F-

Round 2b. CB(now FS)-Sherrod Martin- He's been starting for us at FS since he was drafted. But I think this is his last year as a starter because he is not good. D+

Round 3. DT- Corey Irving- He sucks, not on the team. F

Round 4a. RB - Mike Goodson - Pretty solid back with a slight fumbling problem. Injured last year and we just traded him to the Raiders on Friday. He can have a bright future. C+

Round 4b. FB - Tony Fiametta - Sucked for us, went to the cowboys and was ok but I think they released him. D

Round 5. G - Duke Robinson - Who? F-

Round 7. CB - Captain Munnerlyn - This past year was his first year starting for us after being the nickle corner since his rookie year. We now know that he is better off in the nickle, since he can't cover the tall WRs in our division like Julio, and Colston. C+

Overall Grade - F- 5 out of 7 are not on the team anymore, and the only ones remaining suck. Terrible draft.
S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden April 1st 2012, 1:05 pm

Eagles Draft
Hint: They Can't Draft Defense So Im Not Expecting Much.
This is actually one of the better drafts in recent years.

1st Round: #19 Jeremy Maclin - A- Really good player. Was projected as a top 10 pick, but fell because the Raiders picked Darius Heyward-Bey at 7 i think. traded up from 21 to pick him. Solid contributor who has shown a pretty complete game.

2nd Round:#53 LeSean McCoy - A+ When they snagged these two guys I was the happiest person ever. We had gotten a steal with Maclin and then we drafted a projected 1st round pick mid-way through the second. He's ended up becoming one of the top running backs in the NFL and is just getting started.

5th Round: #153 Cornelius Ingram - F Playmaking tight end from Florida who excelled in Tim Tebow's offense. Projected first round pick in 2008 if he had came out. Suffered a torn ACL in 2009 and Eagles took a shot. I thought it could've been a steal but he's been injured constantly. I believe he's torn his ACL twice already in his NFL career. He has bounced around to different teams but I believe he is back on the Eagles roster/ practice squad

5th Round: #157 Fenuki Tupou F From Oregon, hee was a guard. Was on practice squad, cut before this season. On the Saints...

6th Round: #194 Brandon Gibson A-F Cant decide on him. He was incredible during the preseason. They traded him to the rams around week 3 for Will Witherspoon. Witherspoon started out a beast at MLB for several weeks, then they moved him to OLB and he wasnt as good. They then let him walk at the end of the season. BAD DECISION. Gibson on the other hand has been a decent player for the Rams but tore his ACL last year I think. He was relied on to much in there terrible recieving core. Might still have potential as a #2

7th Round: #213 Paul Fanaika F Never did anything, plays for Seahawks. Didnt make Eagles roster in 09 but he was a 7th rounder so...

7th Round: #230 Moise Fokou B-D Cant decide, he's an OLB who's started for most of the last few years but he's only okay. This just shows how bad the Eagles linebackers are/ have been
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 1st 2012, 1:18 pm

The New York Jets may have had the best draft of all the 2009 teams. With just three picks they scored a franchise QB, a future featured RB, and a solid OG. Not too shabby.

Here is a look at what they did in 2009:

•Round One (5)- QB Mark Sanchez...2 AFC Title games in 3 yrs, 32-19 overall record as starter..B+

•Round Three (65)- RB Shonn Green...splitting carries with LT in his first 3 seasons Greene has been a solid HB for the Jets, he averages 4.3 ypc and recorded his first 1,000 yd season in 2011...C+

•Round Six (193)- OG Matt Slauson...solid starter for last 2 seasons, Slauson has only given up 3 sacks in 3 years, that kind of production you rarely find in the 6th round, therefore i give the Jets an A+ for him.

overall the Jets only had 3 picks in the entire Draft, they got a Franchise QB, a decent HB and a very good O lineman....B+ is thier final grade

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  tripleaamin April 1st 2012, 2:37 pm

Round 1:

WR Hakeem Nicks- He has turned out not only to be a top ten receiver now, but easily the best receiver in the draft. A+

Round 2:

OLB Clint Sintim- Has done nothing but play in the preseason and being injured. Could have had Rey Malauga or Hames Laurinitas if we had traded up. F

OT William Beatty- Has become a decent starter. C

Round 3:

WR Ramses Barden- The same reasons as Sintim. F

TE Travis Beckum- Had little moments this past year. Has been disappointing with the amount of athletic ability he has. D-

Round 4:

RB Andre Brown- I can't count the amount of times he has been cut. F

Round 5:

QB Rhett Bomar- Lol. F

Round 6:

CB DeAndre Wright- Huh? F

Round 7:

CB Stoney Woodson- Who? F

I give it a B+ and it is because of Nicks
tripleaamin
tripleaamin

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ April 1st 2012, 2:46 pm

EXCLUSIVE PHOTO!!!!!

this is Hurp after he heard the news that the Bengals signed BenJarvus Green-Ellis

2009 Draft  Cops
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 1st 2012, 2:54 pm

Lol
S-Unit probably cried while he did this.
Jets did have a good draft...besides Sanchez Twisted Evil

And Thadden, I think you're to critical of your later round picks. You had a LB start for you, yet you give him an F. I think that at least deserves a C.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 April 1st 2012, 3:05 pm

MaddMatt wrote:Lol

And Thadden, I think you're to critical of your later round picks. You had a LB start for you, yet you give him an F. I think that at least deserves a C.

detroit is to america what france is to europe. You are weird, smell funny, act you are important, and no one likes you except hippie liberal cunts who only eat brown rice

suck it you GM dick sucker
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  S April 1st 2012, 3:53 pm

I cried and laughed at the same time. Can we choose another draft? lol
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 1st 2012, 4:18 pm

S-UNIT302 wrote:

You can go back and find the one we did for the 2008 draft. lol

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  S April 1st 2012, 5:01 pm

MaddMatt wrote:
S-UNIT302 wrote:

Couldn't find it lol
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 April 1st 2012, 5:19 pm

Ravens Draft

1. Michael Oher - Promising Tackle, started out stron in his rookie season, but has since gone down hill in my opinion. Struggles with false starts, allows sacks. I'll give him a B+

2. Paul Kruger - high energy LB/DE. Has great burst and high motor, will most likely compete and start to replace Jarret Johnson this coming season. To me he just hasnt been given a chance. Shows great Promise - B

3. Lardarius Webb - To me the star and steal of our Draft, is a ball hawk at corner, plays much like Reed does at corner, he shows great promise and has the possibility of becoming a shut down corner in the coming years ahead. - A

4. Jason Phillips - One of our bad pick-ups. Now plays for the panthers. Never started off strong, but in a LB group of Rya Lewis, Jameel McClain, and Ellerbe, I never expected him to get playing time.... - F

4. Davon Drew - aother bad pick, was on and off the team. Never really got starting time - D

5. Cedric Peerman - another bad pickup, didnt get any playing time in the backfield of playmaking RBS. Was release and signed by I think the bengals, dont know if hes still with them. - F

Definately not one of our strongest drafts. 2 staters and one possible one this upcoming season..... overall I'll say C+ or B-

Now our 2008 draft? Much Much better.....
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark April 1st 2012, 6:33 pm

Round 1 Pick 13 - Brian Orakpo DE/OLB - very good player, can rush or cover effectively as either a DE/OLB, he also averages 9.5 sacks per season. A+

Round 3 Pick 80 - Kevin Barnes CB - decent third corner, nothing special, but not horrible. C+

Round 5 Pick 158 - Cody Glenn LB - not with team F

Round 6 Pick 186 - Robert Henson LB - not with team F

Round 7 Pick 221 - Eddie Williams TE - not with team F

Round 7 Pick 243 - Marko Mitchell WR - not with team F

yikes

Pintsizedjark

Street Cred : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 1st 2012, 6:54 pm

Pintsizedjark wrote:Round 1 Pick 13 - Brian Orakpo DE/OLB - very good player, can rush or cover effectively as either a DE/OLB, he also averages 9.5 sacks per season. A+

Round 3 Pick 80 - Kevin Barnes CB - decent third corner, nothing special, but not horrible. C+

Round 5 Pick 158 - Cody Glenn LB - not with team F

Round 6 Pick 186 - Robert Henson LB - not with team F

Round 7 Pick 221 - Eddie Williams TE - not with team F

Round 7 Pick 243 - Marko Mitchell WR - not with team F

yikes

Gah damn it started so promising to.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 1st 2012, 6:55 pm

S-UNIT302 wrote:
MaddMatt wrote:
S-UNIT302 wrote:

Couldn't find it lol
http://www.sportsworldforums.com/t243-grading-your-teams-2008-draft?highlight=2008

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  tripleaamin April 1st 2012, 7:41 pm

Lol SNA
tripleaamin
tripleaamin

Back to top Go down

Post  S April 1st 2012, 7:54 pm

tripleaamin wrote:Lol SNA

That dude stupid.
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden April 1st 2012, 9:18 pm

Matt, I gave Fokou a B-D, not an F. Our linebackers are so bad that that starting at LB for the Eagles isnt much of an accomplishment.

@TripleAA, lol at Nicks being top 10! Nice try...
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  tripleaamin April 1st 2012, 9:19 pm

Thadden wrote:Matt, I gave Fokou a B-D, not an F. Our linebackers are so bad that that starting at LB for the Eagles isnt much of an accomplishment.

I guess u didn't watch the playoffs. Name your top ten.
tripleaamin
tripleaamin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden April 1st 2012, 9:48 pm

tripleaamin wrote:
Thadden wrote:Matt, I gave Fokou a B-D, not an F. Our linebackers are so bad that that starting at LB for the Eagles isnt much of an accomplishment.

1. Calvin Johnson
2. Andre Johnson (when healthy)
3. Larry Fitzgerald
4. Wes Welker
5. Roddy White
6. Marques Colston
7. Steve Smith
8. Victor Cruz (OMG I put your "#2" reciever above your #1! There's a reason, he's better...)
9. Greg Jennings
10. Mike Wallace
Considerable mention in no order: Stevie Johnson, Hakeem Nicks, Reggie Wayne, Vincent Jackson (although I hate him), Brandon Marshall
Obviously my list isnt soley based off of stats but rather by ability.
Thadden
Thadden

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter April 1st 2012, 10:55 pm

Thadden wrote:
tripleaamin wrote:

1. Calvin Johnson
2. Andre Johnson (when healthy)
3. Larry Fitzgerald
4. Wes Welker
5. Roddy White
6. Marques Colston
7. Steve Smith
8. Victor Cruz (OMG I put your "#2" reciever above your #1! There's a reason, he's better...)
9. Greg Jennings
10. Mike Wallace
Considerable mention in no order: Stevie Johnson, Hakeem Nicks, Reggie Wayne, Vincent Jackson (although I hate him), Brandon Marshall
Obviously my list isnt soley based off of stats but rather by ability.

Hey hey hey, this is a 2009 draft, go make your own thread of top 10 WRs

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 7th 2012, 7:32 pm

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 May 7th 2012, 8:44 pm

tripleaamin wrote:Lol SNA

I laughed when he called Tom Zibikowski a "ninja safety" He was farrrrrrr from it.....
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 May 7th 2012, 9:44 pm

2009 Seattle Seahawks Draft Selections
Rd Ovr Player Position College
1 4th Aaron Curry LB Wake Forest
Rating: D: The bust of the year. So much for sure thing huh Mel and Todd and EVERYONE!

2 49th Max Unger C Oregon
Rating: A-: Good quality starting Center. Can really play any interior position but Center is his natural spot.

3 91st Deon Butler WR Penn State
Rating: B: Solid slot reciever. May be odd man out on Hawks WR chart. Severely broke leg his rookie season but came back looking in top shape but went down with another injury. Possibly injury prone.

6 178th Mike Teel QB Rutgers
Rating: F: No longer on team. Looked decent. Looked to be a decent backup.

7 245th Courtney Greene S Rutgers
Rating: F: Never made any major moves.

7 247th Nick Reed DE Oregon
Rating: D: would have been an F had he not shown some playmaking ability. Didnt fit the Pete Carrol mold of Defense. Got cut.

7 248th Cameron Morrah TE California
Rating: C: Quality back up TE. Made some nice plays of the past few years. Not a playmaker but still decent.

OVERALL RATING: D
Ugh... A season i'd prefer to have wiped out. Mora is a good DC and a good positional coach but god is he shitty at the fucking helm. Also fuck Tim Ruskill. Fucking Cunt.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down