Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Can We Stop?

+2
EPICxPENGUIN69
MaddMatter
6 posters

Go down

Can We Stop? Empty Can We Stop?

Post  MaddMatter May 1st 2012, 4:18 am

Alright. I'm getting REALLY tired of hearing shit like

"This player is the best prospect since (Hall of Fame Player)"

And say it EVERY YEAR!

"Patrick Peterson is the best prospect we've seen in the last 20 years at CB!"
"Maurice Claiborne is the best prospect we've seen in the last 20 years at CB!"

"Sam Bradford is the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning!"
"Andrew Luck is the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning!"

"I've never graded a player as high as I graded this player!"

I'm tired of it. Not every player is going to be a hall of famer, so can we stop acting like they are?

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Can We Stop? Empty Re: Can We Stop?

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 May 1st 2012, 4:34 am

Mel Kiper is retarded
McShay is a bitch

Mayock for the win because he is pretty down to earth in his evaluation. "This kid is good, reminds me of a (player) but differs in (what ever)"
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray May 1st 2012, 11:32 am

YA LETS STOP THIS AND CONTINUE TALKING ABOUT HOW VONTAZE BURFICT IS THE BEST LB SINCE NOBODY BECAUSE HE'S THE BEST EVER AND IS COMPARABLE TO NO ONE SINCE HE'S BETTER THAN EVERYONE BEFORE HIM
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 May 1st 2012, 5:40 pm

YA LETS STOP THIS AND CONTINUE TALKING ABOUT HOW VONTAZE BURFICT IS THE BEST LB SINCE NOBODY BECAUSE HE'S THE BEST EVER AND IS COMPARABLE TO NO ONE SINCE HE'S BETTER THAN EVERYONE BEFORE HIM

Laughing
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 1st 2012, 6:03 pm

EPICxLIL'DEVIL666 wrote:Mel Kiper is retarded
McShay is a bitch

Mayock for the win because he is pretty down to earth in his evaluation. "This kid is good, reminds me of a (player) but differs in (what ever)"

I don't understand why people hate Mike Mayock, the best in the business right there. I can't wait to watch Thursday Night Football with him!

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  BaltRavensFan20 May 1st 2012, 6:31 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
McShay is a bitch

I don't understand why people hate Mike Mayock, the best in the business right there. I can't wait to watch Thursday Night Football with him!

Mike Mayock actually knows what hes talking about, which is more than I can say for the other analysts on NFL network....
BaltRavensFan20
BaltRavensFan20

Street Cred : 49

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 1st 2012, 7:32 pm

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:
McShay is a bitch

Mike Mayock actually knows what hes talking about, which is more than I can say for the other analysts on NFL network....

Charles Davis is another really good one.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Thadden May 1st 2012, 8:38 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:
McShay is a bitch

Mayock and Davis are top notch. Did anyone watch ESPN's draft coverage? I was on NFL network the whole time
Thadden
Thadden

Street Cred : 44

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 May 1st 2012, 10:48 pm

Thadden wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:
McShay is a bitch

Mayock and Davis are top notch. Did anyone watch ESPN's draft coverage? I was on NFL network the whole time

i did because i dont get nfl network in north jersey. espns coverage was pretty bad
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 May 2nd 2012, 12:26 am

I love the fact that on ESPN Kiper rips Russell Wilson a new one just to place him on a pedestal a few minutes later when he's drafted. lol

I watched mostly the Live Draft Cam for the Hawks which went occasionally to NFL Network. Nothing funnier than an analysts surprise when a Punter is taken in the third freakin round lmao
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 2nd 2012, 1:47 am

Thadden wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:
McShay is a bitch

The only thing I've watched on ESPN in the past 7 or so months was the Grudens Camp with Kellen Moore.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 May 2nd 2012, 6:15 am

MaddMatter wrote:
Thadden wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:
BaltRavensFan20 wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:
McShay is a bitch

The only thing I've watched on ESPN in the past 7 or so months was the Grudens Camp with Kellen Moore.

only good stuff on ESPN is there college football coverage. most likely due to the fact they own pretty much all the rights to it
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 2nd 2012, 2:16 pm

EPICxLIL'DEVIL666 wrote:
only good stuff on ESPN is there college football coverage. most likely due to the fact they own pretty much all the rights to it

Most of their play-by-play and commentators suck ass though.

Lee Corso always gives me a good laugh though.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 May 2nd 2012, 3:36 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
EPICxLIL'DEVIL666 wrote:

idk. corso is great and really funny. but he is sort of like losing his mind. he is old and it is kind of showing mentally because he stumbles over sentences more so then he often did. I love the guy and what he did for college football but its sad seeing him not who he normally is.

as for the play by play. that one chick announcer bothers me. I am not sexist and gonna say women should be in the booth because ive heard some good female play by play before just not for college ball. her voice, her view point, and just everything, its awful
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 2nd 2012, 3:54 pm

EPICxLIL'DEVIL666 wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:
EPICxLIL'DEVIL666 wrote:

idk. corso is great and really funny. but he is sort of like losing his mind. he is old and it is kind of showing mentally because he stumbles over sentences more so then he often did. I love the guy and what he did for college football but its sad seeing him not who he normally is.

as for the play by play. that one chick announcer bothers me. I am not sexist and gonna say women should be in the booth because ive heard some good female play by play before just not for college ball. her voice, her view point, and just everything, its awful

Yup. I know exactly who you're talking about. I can't think of her name, but she was doing the games with an older guy last year. Could not stand her.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 May 2nd 2012, 3:59 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
EPICxLIL'DEVIL666 wrote:
MaddMatter wrote:
EPICxLIL'DEVIL666 wrote:

Yup. I know exactly who you're talking about. I can't think of her name, but she was doing the games with an older guy last year. Could not stand her.

she usually does smaller games or interconference play with the big 10 with the big east or other nongiant conferences. like she did the mac championship game, syracuse game against i forget, northwestern boston college, little caesers bowl.

i just believe college lifers should do the play by play. pro sports guys like gus johnson should stay pro. he is a good exciting annoucer but i feel he just better fits with pro sports.

mike mayock does notre dame games which he is fantastic at doing
herbsteit is great
blackledge is good
millen is ok but i think he shouldnt do color anyway
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 2nd 2012, 4:18 pm

EPICxLIL'DEVIL666 wrote:

she usually does smaller games or interconference play with the big 10 with the big east or other nongiant conferences. like she did the mac championship game, syracuse game against i forget, northwestern boston college, little caesers bowl.

i just believe college lifers should do the play by play. pro sports guys like gus johnson should stay pro. he is a good exciting annoucer but i feel he just better fits with pro sports.

herbsteit is great
blackledge is good

Yup that chick sucks at commentating.

And how dare you say Millen is "ok," no he fucking sucks.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 May 2nd 2012, 4:33 pm

MaddMatter wrote:
EPICxLIL'DEVIL666 wrote:

herbsteit is great
blackledge is good

Yup that chick sucks at commentating.

And how dare you say Millen is "ok," no he fucking sucks.

he is "ok"

he does have some good stuff to say, he wasnt a good GM but he was a decent player and knows about linebacker play. he just sounds awkward at times
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down