Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Detroit Lions Thread

4 posters

Go down

Detroit Lions Thread  Empty Detroit Lions Thread

Post  MyDirtyDangles May 2nd 2011, 10:58 pm

Detroit Lions Thread  1828065390 Detroit Lions Thread  1828065390 Detroit Lions Thread  1828065390 Detroit Lions Thread  1828065390 Detroit Lions Thread  1828065390 Detroit Lions Thread  1828065390

Talk anything Lions!

to start we are making the playoffs!
MyDirtyDangles
MyDirtyDangles

Street Cred : 35

Back to top Go down

Detroit Lions Thread  Empty Re: Detroit Lions Thread

Post  SteelersJMB May 2nd 2011, 11:01 pm

I have a few teams ahead of Lions that are playoff contenders.
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Street Cred : 27

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 2nd 2011, 11:03 pm

SteelersJMB wrote:I have a few teams ahead of Lions that are playoff contenders.

Who?

Right now I can see

Falcons
Bucs
Saints
Packers

All being contenders, along with the Lions
I don't think the NFC East will be very strong, mainly because I don't think Mike Vick can repeat last year. The don't get me started on the NFC West.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark May 2nd 2011, 11:20 pm

MaddMatt wrote:I don't think the NFC East will be very strong, mainly because I don't think Mike Vick can repeat last year. The don't get me started on the NFC West.

Even though the I'm a Redskins fan I think the Cowboys will surprise everyone next year and actually be a playoff team..if Tony Romo can get back to his usual self they could be good. I think the Eagles will repeat and somehow the Giants are usually in it. So I'd actually put both the Cowboys/Eagles ahead of the Lions for now and I dunno about the Giants, I think they are horrible but they always manage to win games.

Pintsizedjark

Street Cred : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 2nd 2011, 11:50 pm

MaddMatt wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:I have a few teams ahead of Lions that are playoff contenders.

Who?

Right now I can see

Falcons
Bucs
Saints
Packers

All being contenders, along with the Lions
I don't think the NFC East will be very strong, mainly because I don't think Mike Vick can repeat last year. The don't get me started on the NFC West.

Falcons, Saints and Bucs from the NFC South
Eagles and Cowboys(Vick doesn't have to repeat exactly what he did, and the fact they don't have that tough a schedule) Cowboys didn't have their QB nor Bryant who showed flashes of pure talent before he was injured.
Giants(Cut down on Eli's bonehead Ints, they win a few more games, and the idiotic game against the Eagles
Packers and Chi

So right there, that is 8 teams that I feel are better and have a greater chance at post-season play before Det.
I would say the 9ers if they had time to get their QB situated but because of the lockout he can't even interact with their coaches
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 3rd 2011, 12:02 am

SteelersJMB wrote:
Eagles and Cowboys(Vick doesn't have to repeat exactly what he did, and the fact they don't have that tough a schedule) Cowboys didn't have their QB nor Bryant who showed flashes of pure talent before he was injured.
Giants(Cut down on Eli's bonehead Ints, they win a few more games, and the idiotic game against the Eagles
Packers and Chi

So right there, that is 8 teams that I feel are better and have a greater chance at post-season play before Det.
I would say the 9ers if they had time to get their QB situated but because of the lockout he can't even interact with their coaches

You can't use that excuse for the Boys, The Lions played ALL SEASON without their starting QB. Bears? No, got lucky and no one important got injured. I'll give you the Eagles, but I don't know about the Giants, I just feel like they're missing something.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  SteelersJMB May 3rd 2011, 12:13 am

MaddMatt wrote:
SteelersJMB wrote:
Packers and Chi

You can't use that excuse for the Boys, The Lions played ALL SEASON without their starting QB. Bears? No, got lucky and no one important got injured. I'll give you the Eagles, but I don't know about the Giants, I just feel like they're missing something.

You can't pretend you don't feel more confident about your team with your starting QB coming back right?
Thats exactly how the Cowboys are.
Bears are going to have a pretty darn good defense still and they made changes in the 2nd half that lead to them getting to the NFC championship game, I think they carry that into next season.
Yea they were..and they got it in Prince
SteelersJMB
SteelersJMB

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter May 3rd 2011, 12:20 am

SteelersJMB wrote:
You can't pretend you don't feel more confident about your team with your starting QB coming back right?
Thats exactly how the Cowboys are.
Bears are going to have a pretty darn good defense still and they made changes in the 2nd half that lead to them getting to the NFC championship game, I think they carry that into next season.
Yea they were..and they got it in Prince

Yeah, I agree the Boys should be more confident, I think they'll probably win the Division. But I think they're window is closing quick. Romo is a good QB, but I don't know something about the teams in the NFC East aren't really saying "FOR SURE PLAYOFFS" to me. I like what the NFC South is turning into with Tampa ( who could have a bad year as well, with all the young players on their team.) the Saints are still a threat and the Falcons looking like a top team.

Bears- I just never liked them, throughout the season last year, they didn't look like a playoff team at all. And its horse shit how the first game of the season not only helped get them home field, but an actual playoff berth. I can see Cutler having a bad year. They don't have any WR's. That whole offense is built off of Forte. That defense, I love their LB core, but they are getting old. I just see the Bears doing much next season.

MaddMatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum