Sports World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» New Games
by SteelersJMB October 9th 2017, 3:55 pm

» Torn between getting some games
by BaltRavensFan20 January 3rd 2016, 9:22 pm

» Week 17
by HurpDurpHurray January 3rd 2016, 5:07 pm

» Week 16 Merry Christmas Week
by Willbacker December 30th 2015, 5:57 pm

» Found MaddMatt
by MaddMatter December 30th 2015, 12:02 am

» Fantasy 2015-16
by BaltRavensFan20 December 27th 2015, 4:51 pm

» Week 15 i think lol
by HurpDurpHurray December 25th 2015, 7:29 pm

» League of Denial
by EPICxPENGUIN69 December 19th 2015, 8:26 pm

» Fixing College Football
by MaddMatter December 16th 2015, 11:36 pm

» Week whatever/ The last quarter
by Willbacker December 15th 2015, 10:21 am

NFL Countdown

Can Football Be An Olympic Sport?

+8
Pintsizedjark
TRU11
EPICxPENGUIN69
barneyb
tubbs51
HurpDurpHurray
ccdog23
S
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Could American Football Become An Olympic Sport?

Can Football Be An Olympic Sport? Vote_lcap29%Can Football Be An Olympic Sport? Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 4 ]
Can Football Be An Olympic Sport? Vote_lcap71%Can Football Be An Olympic Sport? Vote_rcap 71% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 14

Can Football Be An Olympic Sport? Empty Can Football Be An Olympic Sport?

Post  S July 27th 2012, 4:18 pm

S
S

Street Cred : 81

Back to top Go down

Can Football Be An Olympic Sport? Empty Re: Can Football Be An Olympic Sport?

Post  ccdog23 July 27th 2012, 4:27 pm

No,there would be NO competition at all.The few country's that could field teams would be like middle schoolers to us.It would make Team USA's basketball games look like close grind it out games.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Street Cred : 113

Back to top Go down

Post  HurpDurpHurray July 27th 2012, 11:02 pm

And also, rules are different for each league. CFL is 3 downs, NFL is 4. How would you decide on all the rules? It wouldn't be fair
HurpDurpHurray
HurpDurpHurray

Street Cred : 241

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 July 28th 2012, 2:30 am

HurpDurpHurray wrote:And also, rules are different for each league. CFL is 3 downs, NFL is 4. How would you decide on all the rules? It wouldn't be fair

Same with basketball kinda. The international three point line.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  barneyb July 28th 2012, 5:24 am

Short answer:

Long answer: FUCK NO, NEVER

It just wouldnt be competitive, not for lack of talent worldwide but for just complete lack of interest.

American football has a cult following at best in the UK and Europe and it wouldnt be competitive at all.

Also, as a side note, the writers point about rugby sevens being involved and maybe changing american football so it would better suit the olympics is a bit misinformed. Rugby sevens is a completely separate code of rugby, not designed to suit the olympics but played internationally and it has been around for well over a hundred years. Changing the game just to get it included kind of defeats the object of having it included in the first place I think.
barneyb
barneyb

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 July 28th 2012, 5:28 am

bp_brien wrote:Short answer:

It just wouldnt be competitive, not for lack of talent worldwide but for just complete lack of interest.

American football has a cult following at best in the UK and Europe and it wouldnt be competitive at all.

Also, as a side note, the writers point about rugby sevens being involved and maybe changing american football so it would better suit the olympics is a bit misinformed. Rugby sevens is a completely separate code of rugby, not designed to suit the olympics but played internationally and it has been around for well over a hundred years. Changing the game just to get it included kind of defeats the object of having it included in the first place I think.

the fuck you talking about? kenya's running game would be insane
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  barneyb July 28th 2012, 7:17 am

EPICxLIL'DEVIL666 wrote:
bp_brien wrote:Short answer:

the fuck you talking about? kenya's running game would be insane

As i said, worldwide talent isnt an issue, there just isnt enough interest in other countries.

The nation's running game that I would love to see would be the fijians, they would tear shit up

barneyb
barneyb

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 July 28th 2012, 2:45 pm

aye man you giving us black people a bad rep asking these retarded questions.

nobody gives a shit about american football except yall nothern amercians and a few outside of that area.

this sport is anything but global.

WTF was you thinking.

lay off the booze and ganja man.
TRU11
TRU11

Street Cred : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  S July 28th 2012, 5:31 pm

TRU11 wrote:aye man you giving us black people a bad rep asking these retarded questions.

nobody gives a shit about american football except yall nothern amercians and a few outside of that area.

WTF was you thinking.

I didn't come out with the question lol.
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  Pintsizedjark July 28th 2012, 11:34 pm

EPICxWOLF66 wrote:the fuck you talking about? kenya's running game would be insane

yeah they're fast, but one big hit from ray lewis and their careers are over, they would have to bulk up and learn to protect themselves, and after they've gone through that process they will have lost some of their speed.

at this point, olympic american football is pointless, USA would crush EVERYONE, Canada, who plays football now, would get slaughtered by 100 too

Pintsizedjark

Street Cred : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  EPICxPENGUIN69 July 28th 2012, 11:52 pm

Pintsizedjark wrote:
EPICxWOLF66 wrote:the fuck you talking about? kenya's running game would be insane

yeah they're fast, but one big hit from ray lewis and their careers are over, they would have to bulk up and learn to protect themselves, and after they've gone through that process they will have lost some of their speed.

at this point, olympic american football is pointless, USA would crush EVERYONE, Canada, who plays football now, would get slaughtered by 100 too

japan would have the best gadget plays.
germany would pull some out some wicked blitz packages
france...would lose...badly
mexico would have the best goal line leapers
any middle east country would have the best kick off team AKA suicide squad
china would have the deepest roster
canada would be the best at sportsmenship
EPICxPENGUIN69
EPICxPENGUIN69

Street Cred : 195

Back to top Go down

Post  tubbs51 July 29th 2012, 9:04 am

i can see it in the Olympics but it wont happen for another century if we dont "glass" our selves with nukes first.
tubbs51
tubbs51

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 July 29th 2012, 6:29 pm

S-UNIT302 wrote:
TRU11 wrote:aye man you giving us black people a bad rep asking these retarded questions.

WTF was you thinking.

I didn't come out with the question lol.

my bad i seen the retarded shit on nfl.com .
TRU11
TRU11

Back to top Go down

Post  MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ July 29th 2012, 6:47 pm

in all honesty, i doubt some countrys could play it, i mean have you seen the brawls and the refs being stabbed and beaten to death at a soccer game in a different country? how about a ref calling back a TD for a penalty? i would hate to see the backlash from some of these un-civilized nations feeling they were robbed....NFL Football is better here in the USA instead of people trying to globalize it

*crazed Ugandan fan stabs Tom brady in the neck in sideline ambush* ...shit like that would happen cyclops
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ
MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ

Street Cred : 95

Back to top Go down

Post  usmfan45 July 29th 2012, 8:31 pm

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:in all honesty, i doubt some countrys could play it, i mean have you seen the brawls and the refs being stabbed and beaten to death at a soccer game in a different country? how about a ref calling back a TD for a penalty? i would hate to see the backlash from some of these un-civilized nations feeling they were robbed....NFL Football is better here in the USA instead of people trying to globalize it

*crazed Ugandan fan stabs Tom brady in the neck in sideline ambush* ...shit like that would happen cyclops

You act like that is a bad thing.... Cool
usmfan45
usmfan45

Back to top Go down

Post  TRU11 July 30th 2012, 8:01 am

MASTRxOFxPUPPETZ wrote:in all honesty, i doubt some countrys could play it, i mean have you seen the brawls and the refs being stabbed and beaten to death at a soccer game in a different country? how about a ref calling back a TD for a penalty? i would hate to see the backlash from some of these un-civilized nations feeling they were robbed....NFL Football is better here in the USA instead of people trying to globalize it

these dumb comments makes most foreigners think all americans are fking retards.

those people from those uncivilezed countries dont have any money to follow there damm team to such a thing as the olympics.

also most soccer violence has either to do with east european countries and south american countries and little to do with african countries.

also after what happend with past olympics you wont find any thighter security then with the summer olympics so pretty much everything you said is a load of crap.

Also shooting up schools and cinemas for no damm reason is civalized to you then Rolling Eyes

TRU11
TRU11

Back to top Go down

Post  S July 30th 2012, 4:02 pm

S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  usmfan45 July 30th 2012, 4:06 pm

NFL. com really is retarded. I thought that was just an Adam Sheftner rumor. Cam Newton couldn't lead his way out of a wet paper bag yet. Not in the NFL. So unless he matures very well I doubt that.
usmfan45
usmfan45

Back to top Go down

Post  S July 30th 2012, 4:32 pm

usmfan45 wrote:

NFL. com really is retarded. I thought that was just an Adam Sheftner rumor. Cam Newton couldn't lead his way out of a wet paper bag yet. Not in the NFL. So unless he matures very well I doubt that.
Typical ignorant Saint* fan remark.
S
S

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddMatter July 31st 2012, 11:04 pm

The ONLY way I could EVER see it being an Olympic sport, is if they only use college players. Even then you would still need tons of other countries to learn the sport, get some international rules, and have them be competitive.
I don't see it ever happening. Because USA would always gold and Canada would always Silver, it'd be a competition for a bronze medal.

MaddMatter

Street Cred : 125

http://www.sportsworldforums.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest August 1st 2012, 2:40 am

Since basketball is, I think football could be an olympic sport as well.

Back to top Go down

Post  usmfan45 August 1st 2012, 2:05 pm

S-UNIT302 wrote:
usmfan45 wrote:

Typical ignorant Saint* fan remark.

Ignoring this, since I'm so ignorant. lol.
Pokemon, Football and basketball are two totally different things. Physically each team could only play 2, MAYBE 3 games during the olympics which basically means there could only be like 8 teams. They would have to do like soccer and basketball and have games before the olympics start. NOW, you've played probably around 4-5 games RIGHT before the preseason. So you'll miss training camp and be worn out for preseason. This just couldn't work in anyway, Not to mention besides America and Canada no country could put together a decent team. Maybe some European countries if they actually cared.
usmfan45
usmfan45

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 August 1st 2012, 2:17 pm

I think it would be interesting to see a us vs the world game,but even then I don't see how we don't win.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Back to top Go down

Post  usmfan45 August 1st 2012, 2:28 pm

ccdog23 wrote:I think it would be interesting to see a us vs the world game,but even then I don't see how we don't win.

Ooooooh. I like that! It could be like baseball! The futures game. Take the best rookies from the previous draft, get a team of players around 20-26 from around the world to play them. The best they can find. And have it during the NFL All Star Game. Which needs revamping BADLY. That would help it a bunch. But they should do it in a different country every year. Use a soccer stadium if you have to, because I know a lot of countries wouldn't care enough to have a football one. But it would spark interest around the world in football. Make a big deal about it. Have that game I previously mentioned, plus NFC versus AFC, not before the super bowl, but after it. Have a Field Goal contest, a race between the 5 players from the previous year everyone thought could fly. Aka Chris Johnson, Devin Hester, you get the point. And just to do it, have a comptetitve eating contest at the very end to see who can eat the most. Have a big concert afterh The NFC-AFC game to draw attraction to the event. Just a suggestion off the top of my head.
usmfan45
usmfan45

Back to top Go down

Post  ccdog23 August 1st 2012, 2:45 pm

Yep then people will see it and then football gets more international recognition.
ccdog23
ccdog23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum